Amscott, the car & the garbage dumpster revisited

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think some evidence, etc. was put in the Amscot dumpster?

• Yes

Votes: 348 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 134 27.8%

• Total voters
These are some good ideas but the key was not in the car. Thats what stumped me because why would she leave her purse but not the key?

There was an ignition key left in the car. It was on the front seat near the purse. This is noted in the 400+ pages

Did Casey ever offer an explanation on why she left the key and her purse in the car?

Did Casey ever offer an explanation on why she left the key and her purse in the car?

Good question and one that hasnt been delved into as far as I know.
Was she hoping someone would come by and steal the car and take her purse? Was this a "plan" with someone else? There is no good reason, even if she ran out of gas, to leave the keys and purse. OH and was it confirmed that the car was out of gas?

I think we're not giving her enough credit. I just called my two teenage daughters into the room and asked them to lift a new 40lb sack of dog food over their heads, both could do it. My girls are both about 5'7 and 120-127lbs. If they can do this don't you guys think Casey could lift Caylee?:confused:

Yes I do think she could lift Caylee into the dumpster, the height of the dumpster meant she needed the car backed in beside the dumpster, after she got Caylee out of the trunk, she stood on the trunk to be tall enough to hoist her over into the dumpster. If that wasn't a run on sentence on my part I don't know what is!!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/murtwitnessone-live

film of the Amscot property & dumpster & cameras

Wow! That's complete footage! Seems odd that "just by coincidence" KC finds the most obscured parking space in the entire lot when her car "runs out of gas". From that space, there appears to be no camera angle aiming at the car or dumpster. The dumpster also appears to have a handle on the side for a "low door" as well as a lower front on its top entry. If the searchers didn't find her-I'll still hope the next search includes the landfill from this dump route.

She wanted the car stolen so she could:???

Get a new car
Get rid of a car full of evidence & ODOR
Appear that she & Caylee were kidnapped
Giving her more time to think of an alibi
Giving more time to the decomposition
Getting sympathy once she is "found"

If the car ran out of gas wouldn't her Dad have had trouble starting it and had to put gas in it before driving it home from the tow yard? Couldn't the tow yard owner be asked if the car started up and was driven away?

Originally Posted by Amberjack
I'd like to know what other businesses are there...
And what is behind Amscot?

Also...When Casey says they went to the beach...
Any ideas where? TIA

Reality Orlando:

Directly across the street in one direction is a CVS Pharmacy. Across from that and diagonal to the Amscot is a Veterinary clinic. Directly across the street is another Check Cashing business and next to that an insurance agency. Next door to the Amscot is a Burger King.

The closest beach to there I would think would be Cocoa Beach. Daytona Beach is north of Cocoa and south of Cocoa the next large area is pretty much Melbourne with lots of small towns in between such as Titusville.

(Where had she gone food shopping?)

Reality Orlando:

Directly across the street in one direction is a CVS Pharmacy. Across from that and diagonal to the Amscot is a Veterinary clinic. Directly across the street is another Check Cashing business and next to that an insurance agency. Next door to the Amscot is a Burger King.

The closest beach to there I would think would be Cocoa Beach. Daytona Beach is north of Cocoa and south of Cocoa the next large area is pretty much Melbourne with lots of small towns in between such as Titusville.

(Where had she gone food shopping?)

There are also usually a dozen or some homeless people scattered around this area, fyi. We saw them yesterday and someone was slap out sleeping on the backside of grassy area of the Amscot dumpster right out in plain view for all to see!

She wanted the car stolen so she could:???

Get a new car
Get rid of a car full of evidence & ODOR
Appear that she & Caylee were kidnapped
Giving her more time to think of an alibi
Giving more time to the decomposition
Getting sympathy once she is "found"

I think KC parked the car and left it running until all of the gas burned out to support her "ran out of gas" story,

Okay, so far I haven't seen this question or scenario. In several articles I have read that in addition to the decomp stain and hair in the trunk that there was dirt. I've seen forensic shows where types of dirt found, as in the dirt in the trunk, were matched to very specific places.

Any chance that if Caylee was buried in the backyard and the dirt matches, that this is already information LE has but hasn't released? My fantasy is that GA's persistent fertilizing will also lead to fertilizer in the dirt in the trunk.

I feel you could be correct fuzzy muffin, but thankfully the LE are playing it close to the vest and not compromising their case.

I don't know how tall Casey is? Maybe it is recorded somehwere. The dumpsters where I live are quite tall, just wondering how she managed to put Caylee in the dumpster. Again, I don't know how much Caylee weighed but I imagine somewhere in the ballpark of 30 or more pounds. I'm 5'4" and I know I would not be able to haul a small 30 lb body into a tall dumpster. Do you think she had an accomplice? Also, according to LP, he said the car was there at 7:00 a.m. according to the store clerk. Anthony L says he picked her up late morning and she had groceries. She also said the car was broke down. After he went on vac, he called her and asked about the car? Why would he ask about the car? Did you catch that she made up an elaborate story about the dealership where the car was and the names of the mechanics who worked on it?

I am 5'3 and weigh 119 lbs. I hoist my 5 year old over my head all the time playing with him and he weighs 44 lbs. That would be a piece of cake to pick up a child weighing only 30 lbs.

Those dumpsters also have the slide side door. She would not have had to put her in from the top. (although I don't think that is what she did with her)

...I don't think that is what she did with her)

Neither do I. I think the car is parked next to a dumpster so that if it smelled bad people would think it was due to the dumpster. AMSCOTT being what it is, KC might think there would be lots of the kind of people around who steal cars.

If Casey kept driving the vehicle while it was really low on gas she could have gotten vapor lock. I would think that would be something that George would have chewed her out about on the 24th and even before that since it can damage a vehicle and one won't start for several hours after it happens. By running out of gas, Casey wasn't planning very well or she had already completed her plan and didn't want to spend any money at all that she had for gas.

I just don't see kc putting her in dumpster. she didnt even throw the trash out of trunk . i don't think she even opened the trunk at amscot.. I do believe she meant to leave the car there and never to see it again tho..

This dumpster had gps system on it and they knew the exact spot to search at landfill,already searched ,nothing there.
This was stated on Nancy Grace the other night.

I am 5'3 and weigh 119 lbs. I hoist my 5 year old over my head all the time playing with him and he weighs 44 lbs. That would be a piece of cake to pick up a child weighing only 30 lbs.

Those dumpsters also have the slide side door. She would not have had to put her in from the top. (although I don't think that is what she did with her)

Forty pounds of dead weight feels heavier than 40 pounds of a live child. Casey looks to be fairly short and skinny...I'm guessing not more than 5'5" and 110-115 pounds.
I have a hard time going with the theory that she put her in a dumpster, too. Too easy to be spotted by somebody passing by at the wrong time.

I just don't see kc putting her in dumpster. she didnt even throw the trash out of trunk . i don't think she even opened the trunk at amscot.. I do believe she meant to leave the car there and never to see it again tho..

Does anyone know if it was proven that the trash in the trunk actually belonged to Casey? Any bills or paperwork that would tie it to her? I wonder if she didn't just pick up a random bag of trash from the dumpster to mask the odor after she disposed of the body from the trunk?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back