Analysis of Casey's Clothes and Body Language

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we going to witness a more seasoned actress as the case unfolds? How does a defense team full of experts prepare a woman like this for trial? Is there role playing being practiced with KC? Can some legal minds explain how criminals are groomed for court dates.
what are common discussions when preparing a client for trial?

We have had this thread before and it got shut down for rude remarks.
if this thread turns into another one of those I am shutting it down. It looks like it has been a really long day for Patty and Tom's girl so let's keep the discussion constructive, please and thank you.
carry on

Casey's Presentation: Does it matter? Is it circumstantial evidence?

I first stumbled on a NG show in the summer when they were showing the Party Pictures. This intrigued me. How could this be? I studied those pictures wondering if they were just about a normal 22 yr. old out at a club without a care in the world, who had left her child with a trusted babysitter.

Then, the facts came tumbling out. I, among many were shocked. Then the lies. How could this be a grieving mother?

I couldn't believe her lawyer didn't reign in her Missing Caylee T-shirt tied up at the waist, her eye make-up and her strut back in August...was this the public image he wanted of her...so what's with the bun now?

I think the inconsistencies with her looks and appearance, her lies, her behaviors and actitivities that so contrast with that of a truly grieving, unjustly accused mother add up to circumstantial evidence that gives credence, along with all the other evidence, to LA's theory that she is guilty of murder.

To be honest, a bun is a very simple thing to do with longer hair, helps it stay tidy and looks nicer than a pony tail ..

I DO agree with the change in her appearance now ..
Baez wants Casey to look studious .. :rolleyes:

Also on the JVM show today, they all spent a good portion of the program discussing Casey's new appearance and the effect it may or may not have on the potential jury pool.

I think Casey's matronly appearance in court will work against her. She looks phony and, IMO, just like many other women who are serving time. I think she'd be better off presenting a young, fresh, and innocent look (as if). No one wants to send their own daughter to prison for life.

I think Casey's matronly appearance in court will work against her. She looks phony and, IMO, just like many other women who are serving time. I think she'd be better off presenting a young, fresh, and innocent look (as if). No one wants to send their own daughter to prison for life.

Excellent point...ITA
Why do you think that if Baez goes to all the trouble to do the jacket / bun thing that he doesn't coach her with the laughing and the smirking?

To be honest, a bun is a very simple thing to do with longer hair, helps it stay tidy and looks nicer than a pony tail ..

The bun is a simple Do, but for someone HER age! :waitasec:

I kind of feel like, what else are you supposed to wear to court? You SHOULD be wearing a suit. Your hair SHOULD be tidy. It is a sign of respect.

I dont know what else everyone expects her to wear.

Personally, I could care less about this.

This is not newsworthy, IMO.

=)

Excellent point...ITA
Why do you think that if Baez goes to all the trouble to do the jacket / bun thing that he doesn't coach her with the laughing and the smirking?

I don't know. Maybe Baez finds her smirking to be endearing and believes others will too? Or maybe it's just out of his control.

if i were on the jury, i'd pay more attention to how she acts than what she wears.

I don't know. Maybe Baez finds her smirking to be endearing and believes others will too? Or maybe it's just out of his control.

An innocent mother would be devestated, no smirking, laughing, joking, ITA with you, he cannot control her laughing and smirking, the Jury will be watching her very closely I believe

LOL, Nancy Grace just called today's court appearance "Extreme Makeover!"
(agree with dressing to respect the court)

He needs to make sure she wears her glasses next time. Perhaps a pencil stuck in the bun (like chopsticks) would also help with the studious, lawyerly look that they are so clearly trying to create.

This happens with most defendants, so its not suprising, but I dont think it was well thought out.
Because the public has seen the raunchy pics, and knows her to be a very flirty, overtly sexual young woman, it appears as just another of many lies, trying to present her in any other way.
The jail clothes would have garned more understanding and even relief from the public, imo. Showing that she is focused on the case, not her appearance. JMO

ITA, no, no one wants to send thier daughter to prison, however the public does not want a baby killer on the loose either, If she is in fact found guilty of murder, I have all the confidence in the world that, that will be the case, god forbid she is allowed to have or be around other children. She did look phony , her hair pulled back in a ponytail would have sufficed, I wonder if they will have her hair styled for her trial

My Opinion, much to the chagrin of the Moderators, is, How she acts, & what she wears is crucial to what WE think, & what a POTENTIAL( grrrr I hate that word) jury thinks??:confused:

as much as people want to believe that it's "the clothes that make the man" or the woman in this case..that simply is not true..you cannot judge someone by what they wear but rather, by their actions.

as much as people want to believe that it's "the clothes that make the man" or the woman in this case..that simply is not true..you cannot judge someone by what they wear but rather, by their actions.

I agree....Suit or jumpsuit playing pen tag with her lawyer doesn't look good!

I think you are exactly right, Chilly!

I think when the jury sees pictures of Caylee, that is when they'll see TRUE youth, freshness and innocence.

Casey, in my opinion, could never even come close to fooling anyone that she has those qualities.

I kind of feel like, what else are you supposed to wear to court? You SHOULD be wearing a suit. Your hair SHOULD be tidy. It is a sign of respect.

I dont know what else everyone expects her to wear.

Personally, I could care less about this.

This is not newsworthy, IMO.

=)

Agreed

And in all the cases I have seen bit news cast ones they all *dress up*

And you know this may not be her doing, Baez may be saying now I want you to wear a suit, I want you to put your hair up in a bun.
I want you to look like a Plain Jane not a raunchy rhonda

This is what Lawyers do. So really it has no bearing on the case except for sensationalizing the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela