Angelina Jolie

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
tybee204 said:
Ahhhh Come on Jeana, you know those Third World Orpanages are a much better place for a child to grow up in then with two financially capable, socially conscience "celebrities" So what if Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt appear to embrace and love these children. Provide love, nurishment and a better then average roof over their heads. Who they sleep with is way more important when judging their charactors and determining thier qualifications as parents.

You're right as usual Tybee. A BIG :slap: :slap: in the head to me. :banghead:

Jeana (DP) said:
Well, the divorce rate is over 50%. I think anyone who thinks their relationship is the ONE that will last 90 years and refuses to use their brains lives in "LaLaLand." "Drag kids all over the world"????? :confused: :confused: :confused: Wow, I'd like to be "dragged" to Paris, Berlin, London, etc. Poor kids. She should have left them in the third world countries they were born in. Someone needs to take her out back and shoot her. How dare she try and provide better lives for those kids. They were better off without her.

I don't think you got my point.

Marriages don't last that is right...but for Brad to start off already preparing for knowing she will try to dump him and push him out of the kids lives sounds pretty sad to me.

I didn't say that there was anything wrong with dragging the kids traveling around the world....re-read the post I was replying to. I was commenting on your comment that she didn't need Brad because she has the money to raise them herself and can take them all over the world.....it just sounded like she can dump the guy who they love and who loves them because she has the money to do that and doesn't really need him around.....that just sounds sad to me..it doesn't sound great for the kids to me is what I meant. Better to have a dad and some stability than go to have lots of money and be able to go shopping in Paris in my opinion.

I have never stated ever that the kids would be better off without her....just that it is my opinion that the relationship is gonna fail and the kids will be the one to suffer for it...the instant intimacy of an instant family isn't always good for kids. Obviously Maddox was told to call Brad "daddy" right away...that kind of thing must be confusing for kid. I wouldn't have done that to a child until I was pretty sure things were gonna be permanent...or at least hopefully so.

My take on Jolie is that she is a bit more screwed up than the average person...it's just an opinion....she can do what she wants and I can have an opinion about it.

Also, just because you or I would like to visit a lot of other countries doesn't mean kids like to be confined in car seats and airplane seats for endless hours of travel from place to place. Perhaps her 2 kids love it...I just know mine wouldn't.

tybee204 said:
Ahhhh Come on Jeana, you know those Third World Orpanages are a much better place for a child to grow up in then with two financially capable, socially conscience "celebrities" So what if Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt appear to embrace and love these children. Provide love, nurishment and a better then average roof over their heads. Who they sleep with is way more important when judging their charactors and determining thier qualifications as parents.

No one that I read said they would be better off in orphanages.

Its a opinion forum isn't it? Some just have different opinions on what's important is all.

I don't see AJ or BP as having all that good of "character" though you and some others do. No problem with that, that's what makes the discussion interesting for us all.

Maybe So said:
I don't think you got my point.

Marriages don't last that is right...but for Brad to start off already preparing for knowing she will try to dump him and push him out of the kids lives sounds pretty sad to me.

I didn't say that there was anything wrong with dragging the kids traveling around the world....re-read the post I was replying to. I was commenting on your comment that she didn't need Brad because she has the money to raise them herself and can take them all over the world.....it just sounded like she can dump the guy who they love and who loves them because she has the money to do that and doesn't really need him around.....that just sounds sad to me..it doesn't sound great for the kids to me is what I meant. Better to have a dad and some stability than go to have lots of money and be able to go shopping in Paris in my opinion.

I have never stated ever that the kids would be better off without her....just that it is my opinion that the relationship is gonna fail and the kids will be the one to suffer for it...the instant intimacy of an instant family isn't always good for kids. Obviously Maddox was told to call Brad "daddy" right away...that kind of thing must be confusing for kid. I wouldn't have done that to a child until I was pretty sure things were gonna be permanent...or at least hopefully so.

My take on Jolie is that she is a bit more screwed up than the average person...it's just an opinion....she can do what she wants and I can have an opinion about it.

Also, just because you or I would like to visit a lot of other countries doesn't mean kids like to be confined in car seats and airplane seats for endless hours of travel from place to place. Perhaps her 2 kids love it...I just know mine wouldn't.

I disagree. I think its a HUGE show of love for these kids that he wants to be their father in every sense of the word. As for her and her money being some reason why she can dump him, I don't see that either. I think what is sad is women who will say with an abusive man or a man they don't love simply because they don't have the means to provide a decent life for their family without him. The fact that she doesn't need him financially frees her up to simply be in love with him without strings. Their finances don't provide any more marital stability than the plumber next door. All sorts of marriages fail for all sorts of reasons and the kids are AlWAYS the ones who suffer for it. At least they'll still be able to see Brad and have him in their lives, regardless of whether she "dumps". My kids wouldn't be able to travel around in a private jet, which, in my limited experience, is a hell of a lot more comfortable that coach, so I'm not going to shed any tears about that. What's important is that they're together as a family. From my experience, kids can have a pretty good time no matter where they are, even a private jet. They just want to be with mom and dad.

Jeana (DP) said:
I disagree. I think its a HUGE show of love for these kids that he wants to be their father in every sense of the word. As for her and her money being some reason why she can dump him, I don't see that either. I think what is sad is women who will say with an abusive man or a man they don't love simply because they don't have the means to provide a decent life for their family without him. The fact that she doesn't need him financially frees her up to simply be in love with him without strings. Their finances don't provide any more marital stability than the plumber next door. All sorts of marriages fail for all sorts of reasons and the kids are AlWAYS the ones who suffer for it. At least they'll still be able to see Brad and have him in their lives, regardless of whether she "dumps". My kids wouldn't be able to travel around in a private jet, which, in my limited experience, is a hell of a lot more comfortable that coach, so I'm not going to shed any tears about that. What's important is that they're together as a family. From my experience, kids can have a pretty good time no matter where they are, even a private jet. They just want to be with mom and dad.

Well that's true, many marriages fail and the kids suffer for it anyway. Which is why I have never said they can't or shouldn't get married...that's their business. My opinion is merely that I don't think it will last. ( I do have a 50% percent chance of being right LOL).

As for the huge show of love or wanting to be their father....I would have to see that in a more up close way before I would judge whether that is genuine or not. I sure hope it is. I certainly hope he doesn't some day just walk away and forget they exist but then again I wish that for any kid who's parents split.

I am sure that the kids have a great day to day life where they do not want for anything that they need. I don't doubt AJ loves them either. I am sure they will weather whatever they have to and still be much better off than starving in the 3rd world countries they came from.

Maybe So said:
Well that's true, many marriages fail and the kids suffer for it anyway. Which is why I have never said they can't or shouldn't get married...that's their business. My opinion is merely that I don't think it will last. ( I do have a 50% percent chance of being right LOL).

As for the huge show of love or wanting to be their father....I would have to see that in a more up close way before I would judge whether that is genuine or not. I sure hope it is. I certainly hope he doesn't some day just walk away and forget they exist but then again I wish that for any kid who's parents split.

I am sure that the kids have a great day to day life where they do not want for anything that they need. I don't doubt AJ loves them either. I am sure they will weather whatever they have to and still be much better off than starving in the 3rd world countries they came from.

Well said!

Maybe So said:

I think they will be together until they are not-and it has just as much chance as any marriage. Noone knows but them and they have a right to live as they choose.
I think he work is honorable-she is more solid then people give her credit for and I think parenting is something they both take seriously.
If they part-the children are still shared (at least the Pitt child)..I had heard he would have no rights to the ones he adopted but I dont know if it is true and its not my biz.
It wont be any different than others who marry and divorce if they do..If brad is the legal father of the adopted children and they have a good relationship..they will want to see him anyhow and she wont likely stop them.
I say best of luck.

newtv said:
I think they will be together until they are not-and it has just as much chance as any marriage. Noone knows but them and they have a right to live as they choose.
I think he work is honorable-she is more solid then people give her credit for and I think parenting is something they both take seriously.
If they part-the children are still shared (at least the Pitt child)..I had heard he would have no rights to the ones he adopted but I dont know if it is true and its not my biz.
It wont be any different than others who marry and divorce if they do..If brad is the legal father of the adopted children and they have a good relationship..they will want to see him anyhow and she wont likely stop them.
I say best of luck.

He'll be as much a parent as she is. That's why they go through legal adoption. If they split, one may be awarded "custody" or be the "custodial parent," but both would have equal rights under the law.

Jeana (DP) said:
He'll be as much a parent as she is. That's why they go through legal adoption. If they split, one may be awarded "custody" or be the "custodial parent," but both would have equal rights under the law.
hi sweety
I know this but I read where their prenupt or whatever said he had to forfeit his rights if they divorced..(again I dont have a link as it was a while back)..I know usually this is a given but I think she refused to allow adoption without that legal agreement.

newtv said:
hi sweety
I know this but I read where their prenupt or whatever said he had to forfeit his rights if they divorced..(again I dont have a link as it was a while back)..I know usually this is a given but I think she refused to allow adoption without that legal agreement.

Thanks for the info! I'm not sure that will hold much water with the court. Prenups (normal prenups) can't contain and provisions for children because they're usually not born yet and the family court must do what's in the best interrest of the child. If the child isn't born yet, the court has no idea what that would be. If the child is born with special needs, etc., there's no way to foresee that while the prenup is being drafted. In this case, since the children are already here, there may be some provision for them, but since there's no way of knowing what Angelina's situation would be at the time of any divorce, the language may not even apply. We also have no way of knowing what deep dark secrets that Brad may know about her (or may find out) that would affect how a judge feels about custody should that situation arise.

I really do think it is great that Brad adopted the two children. If something were to happen to Angelina--death or an inability to care for her children--Brad wouldn't have had any legal rights had he not adopted them. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Jean said:
I really do think it is great that Brad adopted the two children. If something were to happen to Angelina--death or an inability to care for her children--Brad wouldn't have had any legal rights had he not adopted them. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.
I am just trying to say what I read a couple months ago about the agreement in the event they are divorced..Brad has no rightsto custody-not even joint.

Brad has no rightsto custody-not even joint.

That makes no sense. How can you unadopt once you have adopted? If that were the case, what would even be the point of adopting the children and get emotionally involved in their lives and raising them??

newtv said:
I am just trying to say what I read a couple months ago about the agreement in the event they are divorced..Brad has no rightsto custody-not even joint.

When Brad legally adopts her two children, then he becomes their legal father. Regardless of a divorce, he will always be their legal father unless his parental rights are terminated before a judge.

newtv said:

Darlin, they can sign whatever documentation they desire. Its up to a judge to decide the final outcome. :D

Jeana (DP) said:
Darlin, they can sign whatever documentation they desire. Its up to a judge to decide the final outcome. :D

As with every contract! But it is interesting that the intent of Jolie seems to be that he not continue to be the adoptive father in the event of a divorce, if newtv is correct.

Eve

I actually think that if this is what they sign in to a legal agreement it is up to them..he is forfeiting his rights in the event of divorce..thats for them to decide..however..if he then contested it that might be differnt.

However..I dont think the above is actually what happened because now I am reading they have signed an a greement to make sure the kids (all 3) are well looked after in the event of a divorce..

So its now saying that (not that i have any way of knowing)..but chances are its not accurate in the first place even tho it was reported as such..
I remembered because it seemed so heartless to me..

I think its maybe that if they divorce when the children are under age they are in her custody (the adopted ones).

Jeana (DP) said:
darlink.......u r the best...I am all the rest...lol

As for me I am about to examine my life as it is in need of it if I am posting about this in the first place...lol
man oh man oh man...i need help.

:laugh: :laugh:

newtv said:
darlink.......u r the best...I am all the rest...lol

As for me I am about to examine my life as it is in need of it if I am posting about this in the first place...lol
man oh man oh man...i need help.
I vote best post of the week---:dance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CWM227