Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Reported Missing from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they ever impounded the said vehicle for forensics... Never heard or saw anything about that.. I wonder about the keys ...

It also looks very clean like it was recently washed and waxed.

and Now we have another VI I wonder if we can find out if his work truck was at the house that morning and he switched vehicles.

and Now we have another VI I wonder if we can find out if his work truck was at the house that morning and he switched vehicles.

I've seen this comment several times throughout this case and wondered why people think this? In this very early report http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/ there's a quick video shot of the truck and a white car in the driveway. The truck is wet because it's raining (full screen video allows you to briefly see rain drops hitting the camera lense as they filmed). The car is also wet, as well as the driveway. Still shot:

cartruck.jpg

I've seen this comment several times throughout this case and wondered why people think this? In this very early report http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/ there's a quick video shot of the truck and a white car in the driveway. The truck is wet because it's raining (full screen video allows you to briefly see rain drops hitting the camera lense as they filmed). The car is also wet, as well as the driveway. Still shot:

View attachment 73852

When u see the close up of the truck it is very clean and the water BEADs up from the rain Good wax job!

Actually the shot is a close up.

Stills of the truck from the video, just for reference

redtruck1.jpgredtruck2.jpgredtruck3.jpg

Back atcha Dexter. ;)

I realize that as a minor she was not the final decisionmaker. But the judge was I expect. This was no babe in arms. This was a teen who had been through some stuff at least on the surface. She probably had an opinion and it was heard. I wish one of our atty's would drive by. Or our new verified can weigh in on any specifics they would like to share on that subject.

IMO AJ was kinda stuck with the whole last name thing. Originally, I think legally she had last name of bio Dad (Langer?)and it made complete sense to go by Hoffer when Mom was married to Zach and everyone in house was happily a Hoffer (really wish it would have stayed that way b/c I wouldn't be posting this then and AJ would still be alive). Then.... when Mom marries WH and becomes Hadsell, really, if you think about it, becoming Hadsell is the only thing that makes sense. She is not legally a Hoffer and since Mom not a Hoffer anymore, continuing to go by Zach's last name, who she was unfortunately estranged from at the time, would not have made much sense. Her only other option was to keep her legal surname of Langer, which no one else in the household had and which I imagine she had absolutely no emotional attachment to.

IMO AJ was kinda stuck with the whole last name thing. Originally, I think legally she had last name of bio Dad (Langer?)and it made complete sense to go by Hoffer when Mom was married to Zach and everyone in house was happily a Hoffer (really wish it would have stayed that way b/c I wouldn't be posting this then and AJ would still be alive). Then.... when Mom marries WH and becomes Hadsell, really, if you think about it, becoming Hadsell is the only thing that makes sense. She is not legally a Hoffer and since Mom not a Hoffer anymore, continuing to go by Zach's last name, who she was unfortunately estranged from at the time, would not have made much sense. Her only other option was to keep her legal surname of Langer, which no one else in the household had and which I imagine she had absolutely no emotional attachment to.

Makes perfect sense to me!!

Did Zach ever say why he didnt adopt AJ?

I am not sure I agree that AJ would never have disappeared if Zach and JH would have remained married, but that is only because for me this crime (if it is a crime which I believe it is) isnt clear cut in terms of what led to what.

We dont have a good idea of the dynamics that caused them to separate-both JH and Zach and AJ and Zach. At least I dont. I know alot of you feel that JH influenced AJ to separate herself from Zach. Zach's blog seemed to be more directed at the actions of AJ, but it is quite possible I misinterpreted it. I will need to re read it.

NPD has several ways of passing along tips-there are some features that permit anonymity.

If you have any information whatsoever about AJ's disappearance and/or death-please contact a law enforcement agency. No observation or piece of information is too small.

CALL: 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887)​
TEXT: 'NORFOLK + YOUR TIP' to 274637 (CRIMES)​

I am not sure I agree that AJ would never have disappeared if Zach and JH would have remained married, but that is only because for me this crime (if it is a crime which I believe it is) isnt clear cut in terms of what led to what.

We dont have a good idea of the dynamics that caused them to separate-both JH and Zach and AJ and Zach. At least I dont. I know alot of you feel that JH influenced AJ to separate herself from Zach. Zach's blog seemed to be more directed at the actions of AJ, but it is quite possible I misinterpreted it. I will need to re read it.
I believe he did mention that he wanted to but was not allowed the opportunity and that is why it was very painful for him when WH was allowed to waltz in and adopt her when he barely knew her.

No, he's never said...not that I recall, anyway. I don't believe anyone ever asked him. I'm sure there could be any number of reasons for that, perhaps it was never an option. I never asked because I never thought it relevant.

JMO

Salt water wreaks havoc on vehicles in areas like this.

Many locals can probably attest to the fact that there are NUMEROUS coin operated car washes in Chesapeake,many of them open 24/7.

The truck was taken by NPD within the first few days. It has since been returned.

How did Wes get his key back that he left in the mailbox?
If AJ had the truck then she had the key. He was supposedly letting her use the truck to run errands the next day.

I could be mistaken but I'm sure I read on one of Zachs blog posts that AJs father didn't give permission for him to adopt AJ or he didn't want to give up parental rights at that time. I've often wondered did he give his consent for Wes to adopt AJ I would of thought that was necessary but I am not familiar with US adoption laws.

How did Wes get his key back that he left in the mailbox?
If AJ had the truck then she had the key. He was supposedly letting her use the truck to run errands the next day.

That is a good question Dexter. Me I keep my keys in my handbag (purse) so if AJ left her handbag in her house the keys could have been inside it.

That is a good question Dexter. Me I keep my keys in my handbag (purse) so if AJ left her handbag in her house the keys could have been inside it.

Than she wasn't the one who text her sister at 2:30pm. The text said With Friends. So if she was with friends; Than she would have taken her keys.

I'm just confused on how Wes was very detailed about giving up the key but I haven't heard anything about how and when he got them back to do searches.

Did he buy a new key or was his key conveniently left for him?

Than she wasn't the one who text her sister at 2:30pm. The text said With Friends. So if she was with friends; Than she would have taken her keys.

I'm just confused on how Wes was very detailed about giving up the key but I haven't heard anything about how and when he got them back to do searches.

I'm leaning towards "conveniently" left.
I think he was in the house that morning and whatever happened stemmed from that. I also disregard everything Wes has told us because I think he is a liar. Whether or not he harmed AJ I still think he hasn't been honest and that has caused difficulty for the whole investigation and has perhaps reflected unfairly on the rest of the family. That's my opinion only.

If it's a question of why I'm not constantly making posts, I have a child and a job that keep me pretty busy, so I'll pop in when I get the chance. And FTR, I am not being reamed by family. I actually have their support.

Iam glad to hear that. Thanks.

How do we know he got them back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member