Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell's Disappearance from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart aches hearing this news. I'm in recovery and this could easily have been me. So easily. But no matter what, someone sold her those drugs and someone left here at that house. Her car wasn't there so someone had to have taken her/ her body there. Someone was with her and they dumped her there. Rest in peace AJ, my heart breaks for you.

ETA: I still have no doubt someone was involved. Either a drug dealer (cough cough) or someone close to her.

Thanks for sharing. Hope this helps you with your recovery so you can help others. Good for you! And you're right, she wasn't alone. I find it evil that she didn't get the help she needed and whoever is responsible for that needs to be held accountable.

I know, right? It makes you feel like she was dumped there and that makes me even madder. I don't think she od'd there on that property. I am feeling queasy sick tonight. Can't imagine how her mother feels. I hope they didn't argue like everyone says, that would hurt.
I agree that I hope her mom must be grieving unlike anything I've ever felt. I can't imagine!
There's got to be a reason why there was a cover-up. I mean, somebody has to know more.
Imo, if I knew anything about what caused my daughter's demise, I'd be so vocal that the world would be sick of seeing my face.

I know, right? It makes you feel like she was dumped there and that makes me even madder. I don't think she od'd there on that property. I am feeling queasy sick tonight. Can't imagine how her mother feels. I hope they didn't argue like everyone says, that would hurt.

Right?! I'm not sure about other states but here in Washington, if someone is OD'ing and you call to get them help, the cops will not charge or arrest anyone who admits to drug use in those circumstances.

Any info about the hotel @ Ocean and Shore drive? I haven't tried to map it yet. Maybe her friends came in town and she got Wes to hook them up? I don't know and am not sure I care about the purchase as much as I feel like someone didn't try to get her help. Who was it that said this case was about "self-preservation"?

(Hi guys,

Can someone please point me in the direction of the latest developments / msm? Tia.)

late to the new information. definitely think she didn't randomly go to this vacant house and accidentally OD. saddened by the news but glad to finally be moving forward.

:thud: I'm shocked. No manner of death. Could very be accidental drug death due to bad drugs, too much drugs, or taking she thought was one thing yet it was heroine. Yet still she could have been murdered. No wonder we haven't seen an arrest. Whoever she got the drugs from has to be known, yet were they responsible for her death?

No I really want to know more about where she was found. If she was willingly there and partying with drugs...then died and those with her left her body there...totally different than if she was murdered and dumped.

With college and sports, would she have been successful in either using heroine? Do people only use heroine say on a weekend but remain clean other times? Obviously I don't know much about drug use...

Sad. Such a promising future gone. Gotta be hard for those left here to understand....

I have been thinking about the manner of death. If she died from "bad" heroin, wouldn't this be something the ME could test for and thus report?

Well, I admittedly an not well versed in the current drug trends, so I looked to my good friend, Google. It seems that just this week, Sports Illustrated put out an article on the prevalence of young athletes and Heroin. I guess that makes it a possibility.

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/06/18/special-report-painkillers-young-athletes-heroin-addicts

At first Roman smoked "black" (black-tar heroin), a relatively crude version of the drug that was easy to obtain. Then he began using intravenously. But he hid his addiction well. He stayed on Suboxone, took up competitive bodybuilding and started training at an MMA gym. He had a job selling phones for Verizon. "He looked so healthy, a big, strapping guy, not like a junkie," says Bo. "He was back doing his athletics. We thought the addiction was behind us. We didn't know how cunning and how manipulative this drug is."

Another passage: He was struck by how many athletes he saw at such a small facility. "Hockey, football, lacrosse," he says. "[Heroin is] a big thing in sports."

ANother: If there is an epicenter for the heroin-in-sports crisis, it's Albuquerque (pop. 550,000), a high-altitude city less than 300 miles from the Mexican border. A report by the New Mexico health department found that the drug-overdose death rate in the state jumped by more than 60% between 2001 and '10, and in New Mexico's Youth Risk and Resiliency survey one in 10 youths admitted to using opiate-based prescription drugs to get high. In Albuquerque at least eight athletes have died from heroin or painkiller overdoses since '11. (The very week in April that Sports Illustrated visited the city to report this story, a former local baseball star, James Diz, died of an apparent heroin overdose at 23.)

Sadly, an OD was always my guess... I hoped otherwise, of course, and chose not to post after my initial post because I felt this theory would be met with backlash and would be horrific to suggest if untrue. The clues just seemed to lead that way without much shadow of a doubt. Then again, I am close to her age, we have much in common, and I know the pain that can lie below the surface that nothing seems to be able to treat when you are young.

Please remember: even the highest achievers academically and athletically can be prone to substance abuse or experimentation. Perfectionists are at higher risk than people tend to think. There are a million ways around testing.

This does NOT make AJ a bad person. I hope we will all love and hurt for her as much today as we have for months. On a personal note, I relate to her more than ever and will always carry this case in my heart.

Well, one thing is for sure- no one has to buy the shot, strangled or stabbed by Wes theories anymore, either! At least now we are down to heroin- either accidental or homicide.

Acute heroin overdose is a common daily experience in the urban and suburban United States and accounts for many preventable deaths. Heroin acts as a pro-drug that allows rapid and complete central nervous system absorption; this accounts for the drug's euphoric and toxic effects. The heroin overdose syndrome (sensitivity for diagnosing heroin overdose, 92%; specificity, 76%) consists of abnormal mental status, substantially decreased respiration, and miotic pupils. The response of naloxone does not improve the sensitivity of this diagnosis. Most overdoses occur at home in the company of others and are more common in the setting of other drugs. Heroin-related deaths are strongly associated with use of alcohol or other drugs. Patients with clinically significant respiratory compromise need treatment, which includes airway management and intravenous or subcutaneous naloxone. Hospital observation for several hours is necessary for recurrence of hypoventilation or other complications. About 3% to 7% of treated patients require hospital admission for pneumonia, noncardiogenic pulmonary edema, or other complications. Methadone maintenance is an effective preventive measure, and others strategies should be studied.

Link here

My heart aches hearing this news. I'm in recovery and this could easily have been me. So easily. But no matter what, someone sold her those drugs and someone left here at that house. Her car wasn't there so someone had to have taken her/ her body there. Someone was with her and they dumped her there. Rest in peace AJ, my heart breaks for you.

ETA: I still have no doubt someone was involved. Either a drug dealer (cough cough) or someone close to her.

Best wishes with your recovery. Please remember all those who love you and want you alive!! God Bless

Well, one thing is for sure- no one has to buy the shot, strangled or stabbed by Wes theories anymore, either! At least now we are down to heroin- either accidental or homicide.

In some ways I am even MORE suspicious of Wes now.

Me neither, MK. There is more to the story, imo.

The idea of AJ accidentally ODing brings me to tears. I do agree there is more to the story, but I think any cover-up that happened (and it seems clear there was one) was done to save a certain person/dealer's behind.

Respectfully, may I ask why anyone who believes a theory other than an accidental OD does so? I am no expert, but I can tell you stories of med students and law students who tried hard drugs and even died from them. Ignoring that as a possibility seems to discount that there is a drug problem in young America. Alternatively, if there is a more probable theory, I am open to it. I have followed from the beginning.

Just have to add that I do not want to sound confrontational. Our girl matters and deserves justice in whatever form possible. Like many of you, I am very invested in this case and want AJ's life to matter and make a difference. We all want the truth :grouphug: :grouphug:

Double post- sorry, phone.

It was an excellent post and worth seeing twice. :) Thank you for sharing.

I too was afraid from the beginning that it was an OD. I put that theory aside for the same reasons you did, hoping I was wrong. It's not that I would prefer that she was murdered, but it's even more tragic to me if it turns out that voluntary drug use took her so soon. It's such a waste of a potentially beautiful life. And it's tragic to think of the pain that may have propelled her in that direction. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member