Anthony Family Behaviors...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the friend told her that Casey said Cindy wouldn't let her give up the baby for adoption. Any statement that starts with the words Casey said is questionable.

same o same o chilly Casey didn't want to keep the baby

This is my take on George and Cindy Anthony.............

The behavior of George and Cindy is not unlike the behavior of what we used to call "Little League" parents. These were the parents who argued with the coach constantly about little Johnny. Their little Johnny was going to be the next Mickey Mantle, Joe Demagio, or Roger Maris, and no one was going to tell them that Johnny wasn't the all around best baseball player on the team. They argued with the umpire when the umpire called "three strikes and you're out" for Johnny. They demanded that Johnny be given special attention.

When these same parents were called to school because little Johnny was misbehaving, they argued that the teacher didn't like their little Johnny and was picking on him.

These parents never addressed any issues of behavior when little Johnny was growing up. They never sought professional advice and ignored any problems, always blaming others.

Little Johnny grew up to be obnoxious. He always blamed others for his behavior........."I wouldn't have had to yell at you if you hadn't made me angry."

I see Cindy and George as this type of parent. They never acknowledged any problems with Casey. They constantly blamed others for her behavior. Casey never had to take responsibility for any of her actions, as mom and dad always bailed her out of whatever situation she found herself in.[/QUOTE]

(addressing the quote in bold print)
I assume you don't know them personally? If not, I don't know how you could know this. Cindy said in sworn testimony that Casey has told lies. Admitted Casey has had personal problems. Hell, she told Jesse or whoever it was that Casey was a sociopath. That tells me that they were well aware that Casey had serious problems. And what about Lee? He was raised by the same parents...why isn't he screwed up? He appears to me to be an exceptionally nice and by all accounts, he is a sensible and responsible young man.

I would not doubt Casey's behavior has been a source of tremendous conflict, confusion and heartache in that family for years and I get a little tired of people beating the parents up over what CASEY the HUMAN WRECKING BALL has done. It's very possible that Casey has a sort of inborn neurobiological imbalance. I have known people who grow up in disasterous situations... including abusive and over-indulged situations, and still don't do the things Casey has done. And I have known people who grew up in warm loving homes with nuturing parents, yet have tremendous socio-emotional issues as adults. For whatever reason, there's just something askew or missing in those people- something inside is not quite right despite all good intentions of love ones and friends.

This is my take on George and Cindy Anthony.............

The behavior of George and Cindy is not unlike the behavior of what we used to call "Little League" parents. These were the parents who argued with the coach constantly about little Johnny. Their little Johnny was going to be the next Mickey Mantle, Joe Demagio, or Roger Maris, and no one was going to tell them that Johnny wasn't the all around best baseball player on the team. They argued with the umpire when the umpire called "three strikes and you're out" for Johnny. They demanded that Johnny be given special attention.

When these same parents were called to school because little Johnny was misbehaving, they argued that the teacher didn't like their little Johnny and was picking on him.

These parents never addressed any issues of behavior when little Johnny was growing up. They never sought professional advice and ignored any problems, always blaming others.

Little Johnny grew up to be obnoxious. He always blamed others for his behavior........."I wouldn't have had to yell at you if you hadn't made me angry."

I see Cindy and George as this type of parent. They never acknowledged any problems with Casey. They constantly blamed others for her behavior. Casey never had to take responsibility for any of her actions, as mom and dad always bailed her out of whatever situation she found herself in.[/QUOTE]

(addressing the quote in bold print)
I assume you don't know them personally? If not, I don't know how you could know this. Cindy said in sworn testimony that Casey has told lies. Admitted Casey has had personal problems. Hell, she told Jesse or whoever it was that Casey was a sociopath. That tells me that they were well aware that Casey had serious problems. And what about Lee? He was raised by the same parents...why isn't he screwed up? He appears to me to be an exceptionally nice and by all accounts, he is a sensible and responsible young man.

I would not doubt Casey's behavior has been a source of tremendous conflict, confusion and heartache in that family for years and I get a little tired of people beating the parents up over what CASEY the HUMAN WRECKING BALL has done. It's very possible that Casey has a sort of inborn neurobiological imbalance. I have known people who grow up in disasterous situations... including abusive and over-indulged situations, and still don't do the things Casey has done. And I have known people who grew up in warm loving homes with nuturing parents, yet have tremendous socio-emotional issues as adults. For whatever reason, there's just something askew or missing in those people- something inside is not quite right despite all good intentions of love ones and friends.

Cindy allegedly told Ryan (I believe it was) that Casey is a Sociopath. And I think it was Amy that said Cindy told her Casey had stolen from her for years. Yet I don't recall Cindy ever admitting publicly that Casey has issues or problems but rather seems to repeatedly cover up for her and make excuses for her behavior. Then again, Cindy seems to be in denial about a lot of things. Again, JMO.

same o same o chilly Casey didn't want to keep the baby

That's what I think too. I read an article about young mothers who kill their newborns. According to the doctor who wrote it, the pregnant girls don't think of the baby as a real child and may even refuse to accept that they're pregnant. When the child is born they feel no remorse about killing it because the baby is, in their minds, no different than anything else that might be expelled from our bodies...if you know what I mean.

I think Casey is one of those types who would have killed her newborn if given the chance. Caylee lived almost 3 years. In all that time I don't think Casey's feelings for her ever changed - Caylee was still nothing to Casey, other than perhaps a tool she could use to manipulate her parents.

Many women and entire families have been killed when they begin to try and leave a psychopath husband. Why can't a female psychopath react the same way? According to Ryan in the documents, Cindy became more aware of the years of lies 3 weeks before the disappearance and had caught Casey stealing from the nursing home account. There was talk of Casey moving out, probably demands to take the car back, and according to Rick there was talk of getting custody of Caylee. Jesse, who seemed to be a reliable standby to fall back on was moving away, and according to others there was already trouble with Tony, and Amy was angry. I think that last month was critical in what happened.

I may change my mind, byt at this point I believe they did not consciously 'cover up' for Casey. The suggestion that their granddaughter is dead and their daughter might be the killer, is probably just too horrible for them to comprehend.

After all, we only know what they have said in public, but we don't know what they have told to the police. Cindy reported Caylee missing, why did she do that if she wanted to 'cover up'?

Casey's motive may have been to pay back to her parents. She has stated, that Caylee seems to be more important than her for the rest of the family. Dispicable person.

Cindy allegedly told Ryan (I believe it was) that Casey is a Sociopath. And I think it was Amy that said Cindy told her Casey had stolen from her for years. Yet I don't recall Cindy ever admitting publicly that Casey has issues or problems but rather seems to repeatedly cover up for her and make excuses for her behavior. Then again, Cindy seems to be in denial about a lot of things. Again, JMO.

Thanks for correcting that it was Ryan..I knew it was a guy she said it to, just couldn't remember which one.

IMHO, Cindy doesn't have to admit it publicly. The fact that she admitted it at all means she is aware..I don't need to see her spill her guts.

This horrendous situation involves people who are the most dear and precious to her heart...what a horrific state of mind she (and George) must be in.
I don't know how they are not in a straightjacket between being emotionally torn to shreds by Casey, at the same time loving Casey; longing and aching for Caylee, hanging on to the thinnest thread of hope that she is alive somewhere... and the never ending propaganda perpetrated by the lawyer and Casey. No, I will not judge their actions while they are in this terribly vulnerable emotional state.

I just think this is something that can happen to people after YEARS of dealing with a person like Casey and all that comes with her. It's sad, sad sad and I have compassion for them.

While I certainly understand the anguish surrounding the loss, and now presumably the death, of Caylee, I have to admit that I have always found armchair psychology to have limits.

The fact of the matter is, the only person responsible for the death of Caylee Anthony is the person or persons who caused Caylee's death. Nobody else is responsible for it. LE has indicated that Casey is the primary person of interest in Caylee's death. A lot of incriminating evidence against Casey has been made public. We know that, so it's logical to view Casey as a suspect in Caylee's murder.

While I understand the visceral and emotional urge to shake Casey's parents (proverbally speaking) and shout at them to WAKE UP, or to focus anger on them because of their outward behavior, I question whether it's appropriate. People grieve in extremely different ways, and there is a huge difference between denial and conspiracy/culpability.

I don't think any of us have, at this point, adequate information to start throwing around psychiatric diagnoses. Allegedly, Casey's mother once described her as "a sociopath." Sure, that's definitely telling. I just think, though, that it's important and appropriate to not bandy about psychiatric diagnoses, for Casey or anyone else in her family. If it comes to the point that she is charged with homicide, I would imagine a full forensic evaluation would be performed.

I also don't think we have enough information about the Anthony family to presume what or what did not occur in the household as far as parenting goes. If it's okay, I'd like to recommend a book called Without Conscience by Dr. Robert Hare. Some of you have probably read this book, but it provides excellent insight into psychopathology and is an interesting read. The ultimate question is, of course, Why does one person become a psychopath, while another does not -- even when raised by the same parents?

I just feel it's important to remember that Caylee is the ultimate victim here, but her grandparents are victims as well. As is their son, Lee. The ripple effect and all that . . .

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am talking about Cindy. With the proper guidance, could LE perhaps get Cindy to accept what has happened. If Cindy could accept the facts of this case, perhaps she could be able to assist LE better. She might be able to get Casey to accept the deal offered her. I think she is in such denial that she hasn't been forthcoming in what she does know. I guess I should admit that I believe that Caylee has passed away. I believe that Cindy is in denial. She may be holding back information, such as, where Casey may have hid the body. I don't think she is trying to cover for Casey as much as she might feel that Casey is being railroaded. It is just a thought.:confused:

I'm sorry, I did misunderstand, I did think you were talking about Casey....I feel confused too, lol, I do apologize!

While I certainly understand the anguish surrounding the loss, and now presumably the death, of Caylee, I have to admit that I have always found armchair psychology to have limits.

The fact of the matter is, the only person responsible for the death of Caylee Anthony is the person or persons who caused Caylee's death. Nobody else is responsible for it. LE has indicated that Casey is the primary person of interest in Caylee's death. A lot of incriminating evidence against Casey has been made public. We know that, so it's logical to view Casey as a suspect in Caylee's murder.

While I understand the visceral and emotional urge to shake Casey's parents (proverbally speaking) and shout at them to WAKE UP, or to focus anger on them because of their outward behavior, I question whether it's appropriate. People grieve in extremely different ways, and there is a huge difference between denial and conspiracy/culpability.

I don't think any of us have, at this point, adequate information to start throwing around psychiatric diagnoses. Allegedly, Casey's mother once described her as "a sociopath." Sure, that's definitely telling. I just think, though, that it's important and appropriate to not bandy about psychiatric diagnoses, for Casey or anyone else in her family. If it comes to the point that she is charged with homicide, I would imagine a full forensic evaluation would be performed.

I also don't think we have enough information about the Anthony family to presume what or what did not occur in the household as far as parenting goes. If it's okay, I'd like to recommend a book called Without Conscience by Dr. Robert Hare. Some of you have probably read this book, but it provides excellent insight into psychopathology and is an interesting read. The ultimate question is, of course, Why does one person become a psychopath, while another does not -- even when raised by the same parents?

I just feel it's important to remember that Caylee is the ultimate victim here, but her grandparents are victims as well. As is their son, Lee. The ripple effect and all that . . .

Bravo! Excellent post. And may I add that the actions of the Anthonys since Caylee disappeared will have no bearing on the outcome of a trial against Casey. Evidence is evidence. Nothing George or Cindy says will alter the lab findings or change the lies that Casey has told her friends and family. It appears to me that the Anthonys have been totally honest with LE, even when it was to Casey's detriment.

From what has happened prior to this DNA test coming back positive for decomposition of Caylee in the car trunk.

I doubt any players involved will accept the findings and will despute it down to the last 2% that may be wrong...

I think Caylee was more of a little sister to Casey all her life, and there was always more of a sibling rivalry than a mother-child connection. Casey could
not handle the parenting role and it must have always been a huge power struggle between Cindy and Casey. Cindy kept that conflict going all the way until she reported Casey to the police, then began to back-pedal when things got out of hand (e.g. out of Cindy's control). I do think that Cindy must feel
terribly guilty for "sending Casey and Caylee away" and is now trying to fix the unfixable. She is living in denial because the truth would be devastating.

Casey is enmeshed in some severe family dysfunction. I am not a therapist, but I can see that the family's unhealed issues have been visited on the innocent child. Casey probably has by this time dis-associated herself from the reality of Caylee's death and believes her own fabricated story.

Casey's big smiles, in just about every photo that has been publicized, bother me. Although people do smile for photos, you will often see them in other
moments as well. I think Casey runs on borrowed emotions and is unable to even fake those of a grieving mother. And it is scary the way she can answer her brother's questions so fast. Most people would have to stop and think a little when trying to recall critical information. Her answers pop out fast. I think this will eventually be part of the downfall of her "house of cards". Cindy says Casey is a Sociopath and she acts like one. And IMO, Casey exhibits extremely similar behaviors to women who were sexually abused as children.

I think Casey just deals in the moment. And she of course would not have anticipated this being a high-profile case. All she thought she had to do was fool Grandma and Grandpa as usual. Now the tangled web she has woven has taken on a life of its own, wherein neither Casey nor Cindy is in control.

I think Casey had some help in covering up the crime.

A few of my thoughts about George and Cindy:

George seems to be mostly logical, dealing with details, and sometimes his built-up emotions get poked and he lashes out.

Cindy seems to be mostly emotional, dealing with drama, and sometimes she gets a whiff of logic and tries to express it.

Given the dynamics of this horrible nightmare they are living, their normal styles of relating are understandably blown up a million-fold.
What a mess. I frankly have no clue how they even get out of bed in the morning.

George and Cindy have been compared to Scott Peterson's parents. I agree, but would add -- on steroids!

DISCLAIMER: These are just my opinions expressed for purposes of discussion on a message board. Just piecing together some of my thoughts so I can try to understand why a beautiful little child would be traded [[make that "sacrificed"]] for a few nights of partying and some Target stuff.

:confused::crazy::waitasec:

No, I will not judge their actions while they are in this terribly vulnerable emotional state.

I just think this is something that can happen to people after YEARS of dealing with a person like Casey and all that comes with her. It's sad, sad sad and I have compassion for them.

I also will not judge them, but am commenting on their behavior. I do not "blame" them per se, but the entire dynamic of the family is dysfunctional. When parents tolerate lies and cover up repeatedly for a child, not holding them responsible and accountable for their actions we shouldn't be surprised that the result is a Sociopath.

<snipped>

George seems to be mostly logical, dealing with details, and sometimes his built-up emotions get poked and he lashes out.

Cindy seems to be mostly emotional, dealing with drama, and sometimes she gets a whiff of logic and tries to express it.

Given the dynamics of this horrible nightmare they are living, their normal styles of relating are understandably blown up a million-fold.
What a mess. I frankly have no clue how they even get out of bed in the morning.

George and Cindy have been compared to Scott Peterson's parents. I agree, but would add -- on steroids!

DISCLAIMER: These are just my opinions expressed for purposes of discussion on a message board. Just piecing together some of my thoughts so I can try to understand why a beautiful little child would be traded [[make that "sacrificed"]] for a few nights of partying and some Target stuff.

:confused::crazy::waitasec:

Excellent post - I agree!

All I can say is "the sins of the fathers will be visited upon the children". My guess is that with this family this behavior goes back a few generations. Publicly they pretend to form a united front but as I said before in this family the reality is that it is every man for himself. I am willing to bet that even though Cindy objected to the adoption of Caylee when all was said and done she gave Casey the "you've made your bed now you can lay in it" speech. Also Casey, who seems to have the emotional makeup of a 12 year old, was more then likely, overwhelmed with the prospect of raising a child. Gradually, I believe, that sent her over the edge. Very sad situation. The whole family is very sick and in some serious need of psychological therapy, to bad, as a family, they didn't recognize this earlier before their daughter crossed a boundary she should never have crossed.

Well put. ITA.

While it my be trite at this point, I again look to the behavior of Mark Hacking's parents. The family was supportive of their son, but never once did I see them lie for him, cover for him, or blame others for what he did. I would have those people over for dinner in a heartbeat.

Casey's parents remind me of Lee and Jackie Peterson. Casey reminds me of Scott Peterson. And if Baez could open wider and get both of his feet in his mouth he'd remind me of Geragos.

A most EXCELLENT analogy! :clap:

While it my be trite at this point, I again look to the behavior of Mark Hacking's parents. The family was supportive of their son, but never once did I see them lie for him, cover for him, or blame others for what he did. I would have those people over for dinner in a heartbeat.

Casey's parents remind me of Lee and Jackie Peterson. Casey reminds me of Scott Peterson. And if Baez could open wider and get both of his feet in his mouth he'd remind me of Geragos.

Oh, and Casey reminds me of Elizabeth Diane Downs; remember her?
DianeDowns.jpg
Ann Rule, "Small Sacrifices?" Every time I see that clip of Casey smiling, as she walks through the door and across the floor as she's being escorted to jail by a prison guard, I think of Diane Downs. She has the same $hit-eating grin Diane had when she got arrested. Also, Diane Downs was diagnosed as a Narcissistic Sociopath...

I am a newbie here and have only posted once before but I feel compelled to give my thoughts on the Anthony's behavior. For a little background, I am the oldest of three siblings. My sister commited suicide at age 21 secondary to drug induced schizophrenia. She was a kind and gentle soul unless she was in the grip of an episode. My brother has been labeled many things by many doctors but I suspect that he is a very narcissistic sociopath. He is totally focused on himself and his needs, is juvenile in his behaviors, and can't hold a job because he will not follow rules or respect authority. My mother is severely mentally ill with much the same issues as my sister and brother. She also has displayed symptoms of Munchausen's and Munchausen's by proxy. I was her victim. My father was the fixer, protector, and sadly the enabler. I was the adaptable, high acheiving "normal" one. Their words not mine. Are you reading between the lines and seeing any similarities here?

The Anthony family pathology didn't start with this case. I suspect it goes back many years and a few generations. I don't think Casey started out as a sociopath. I think that she was a sweet weak little girl who never measured up to her big brother or so she thought. I think George and Cindy's marriage has been troubled for years and the children paid for it. Thus their close relationship. In Cindy's constant attempts to make everything perfect, she assisted in decimating Casey's self image and ultimately her soul. George was very likely dominated by Cindy and may have actually taken his frustrations with Cindy out on Casey.

I think that they did the best they knew how to do but I do believe something caused Casey to die inside long ago. The only time she was "happy" was when she was partying and self medicating. I will not be surprised if,before, all this is over, Casey becomes almost catatonic. The posters here are right. She can no longer feel anything and mimics the emotions and social interactions of others. I think her promiscuity is also SIGNIFICANT. Draw whatever conclusions that you will.

I am also the mother of four adult children and have three grandchildren. One of them is 3yr old Kayleigh... this is how I got so involved with this story.

I know in my gut that Cindy and George know what happened. I do not believe they were involved in any way. Cindy won't shut up or stop searching for Caylee because when she finally faces the truth, she will die inside too. She raised Caylee as a "second chance to do it right". She knows what her daughter is all about and she also knows her part in making her that way. The hurt and pain of this revelation is too much to bear for her. Yes, She is a loudmouth, attention seeker, and not very appreciative of all the help from LE and the media. But she is also a devastated mother and grandmother. Would any of us act the same way if presented with the same situation? I hear a chorus of resouding NOs with myself included. However, we really don't know.
Regardless of what ever the outcome is , I do believe Casey should pay for all her crimes to the fullest extent of the law. Funny thing, she may actually get better when away from her family. Sounds harsh but I have seen it before.
GOD BLESS THEM ALL

I am a newbie here and have only posted once before but I feel compelled to give my thoughts on the Anthony's behavior. For a little background, I am the oldest of three siblings. My sister commited suicide at age 21 secondary to drug induced schizophrenia. She was a kind and gentle soul unless she was in the grip of an episode. My brother has been labeled many things by many doctors but I suspect that he is a very narcissistic sociopath. He is totally focused on himself and his needs, is juvenile in his behaviors, and can't hold a job because he will not follow rules or respect authority. My mother is severely mentally ill with much the same issues as my sister and brother. She also has displayed symptoms of Munchausen's and Munchausen's by proxy. I was her victim. My father was the fixer, protector, and sadly the enabler. I was the adaptable, high acheiving "normal" one. Their words not mine. Are you reading between the lines and seeing any similarities here?

The Anthony family pathology didn't start with this case. I suspect it goes back many years and a few generations. I don't think Casey started out as a sociopath. I think that she was a sweet weak little girl who never measured up to her big brother or so she thought. I think George and Cindy's marriage has been troubled for years and the children paid for it. Thus their close relationship. In Cindy's constant attempts to make everything perfect, she assisted in decimating Casey's self image and ultimately her soul. George was very likely dominated by Cindy and may have actually taken his frustrations with Cindy out on Casey.

I think that they did the best they knew how to do but I do believe something caused Casey to die inside long ago. The only time she was "happy" was when she was partying and self medicating. I will not be surprised if,before, all this is over, Casey becomes almost catatonic. The posters here are right. She can no longer feel anything and mimics the emotions and social interactions of others. I think her promiscuity is also SIGNIFICANT. Draw whatever conclusions that you will.

I am also the mother of four adult children and have three grandchildren. One of them is 3yr old Kayleigh... this is how I got so involved with this story.

I know in my gut that Cindy and George know what happened. I do not believe they were involved in any way. Cindy won't shut up or stop searching for Caylee because when she finally faces the truth, she will die inside too. She raised Caylee as a "second chance to do it right". She knows what her daughter is all about and she also knows her part in making her that way. The hurt and pain of this revelation is too much to bear for her. Yes, She is a loudmouth, attention seeker, and not very appreciative of all the help from LE and the media. But she is also a devastated mother and grandmother. Would any of us act the same way if presented with the same situation? I hear a chorus of resouding NOs with myself included. However, we really don't know.
Regardless of what ever the outcome is , I do believe Casey should pay for all her crimes to the fullest extent of the law. Funny thing, she may actually get better when away from her family. Sounds harsh but I have seen it before.
GOD BLESS THEM ALL

TexasSunshine, you may be a Newbie on this Board, but you are certainly not a Newbie about real life! Thanks for making such an insightful post, and please keep posting. IMO, your observations are spot on!
:clap::clap::clap:

Great first post, and welcome! I agree with your synopsis of Casey's psyche. I have a "Casey" in my family, and her parents are as you suspect Cindy and George to have been in the past. Also, the "Casey" in my family has always been very jealous of her very normal and popular older brother, though today she claims that he is her 'hero' as well. I couldn't have said it all better myself, but you are right on about everything here.

Marlene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member