Anthony family requesting Casey attend Funeral

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I may sound a little bit cruel, but I think it would be perfectly acceptable for her to attend Caylee's funeral, PROVIDED that she be REQUIRED to view the remains in the casket.

I thought she should have to review the remains just so she could see what she did to her baby girl. I don't think she should be allowed to attend any service for Caylee. All she would do is play the grieving mom and get all the attention she wants.

I honestly don't think it would affect her at all to have to view the remains. There's no remorse, no feeling there. IMO

Sadly, I must agree with you. However, I still cannot understand how any person could be so cold and uncaring. I know we hear about this type case, but I still cannot understand that behavior.

I thought she should have to review the remains just so she could see what she did to her baby girl. I don't think she should be allowed to attend any service for Caylee. All she would do is play the grieving mom and get all the attention she wants.

That also works for me.......

I think that is irrelevant. Her innocence or guilt does not seem to be a factor.they are basing their decision on:
>>The department said corrections policy prevented Casey Anthony from attending, based on the severity of the charges against her and safety and security risks.<<

But if its a private funeral then noone will know where she is.
And they can have undercover guards and her in chains anyway

Happy New Year Suzi.
So are the Anthony's asking them to make an exception? or is this just old news that has been settled due to her ineligibility? Sounds like it is a DOC type decision?

Sounds like they are making a request they have no prayer of getting,

Sadly, I must agree with you. However, I still cannot understand how any person could be so cold and uncaring. I know we hear about this type case, but I still cannot understand that behavior.

That's an easy one. Imagine that your toaster broke and it was of no use to you any longer, so you threw it away. In this case the toaster was Caylee and Casey threw it away and didn't give it a second thought. This is how a sociopath thinks. They have no feeling or empathy or remorse for anyone or anything unless it's useful to them.

I don't think the taxpayers would want to foot the bill for that even if it was a reasonable request. PLus I think everyone would know where she was.

lol, Jbean you are too quick tonight!

No shock here. they continue to treat Caylee as if her life were just meaningless. Think about it this poor kid will still be not laid to rest with dignity and respect. Why should her killer/mother hover over her coffin?

who continues to treat caylee like she's meaningless? ca and ga? are you serious? look... if you still thought your daughter was innocent, or if denial still had the best of you (i mean, you raised a daughter capable of killing? impossible!), wouldn't you make that request? i would.

if the presumption is that kc is innocent, and if that belief is actually held by kc's parents, then isn't that just a simple AND logical request? i would say that yes, it is.

99% of us presume that kc did it. i do. but she is not guilty YET. also, it is quite possible that george and cindy will NEVER believe that kc did it. and i can't blame them for that.

Somehow the location would get out and the undercover guards or other security would cost the tax payers. She has cost us enough as it is with her lies, her parents trying to delay/hender everything etc.

I don't think it is cruel at all. I happen to think it is a great idea and force her to look. Let her suffer just like little Caylee did. Once she sees her remains she will have nightmares the rest of her rotten stay in jail.

I like that idea, too. Let her go and face up to what she's done and be surrounded by the family that she destroyed, looking at the child that she killed. Right now, she's in the sanctuary of her cell, able to deny visitations from her family, ordering snacks, and live in her own little imaginary world. Maybe if she had to face up to the fallout of her actions, she'd fess up to what happened. But, I don't understand the workings of a sociopathic mind, so maybe that isn't what would happen anyways.

As far as the rest of the Anthony family wanting her there, I will never understand them or their wanting her to be there. But, I do wonder if her being there would help them with closure. Not only that, but I wonder if they are able to observe her and her reactions to being there with the baby she killed if they will be able to see through her crocodile tears. That is if she even had crocodile tears. Would she even show emotion?

I think Casey would relish the opportunity to strut her stuff for the cameras again. She hasn't been able to bask in the attention of media and crowds for a few months.

I really hope the DOC doesn't subject the taxpayers of Orlando, Orange County and the State of Florida to the expense of allowing this.

I think Casey would relish the opportunity to strut her stuff for the cameras again. She hasn't been able to bask in the attention of media and crowds for a few months.

I really hope the DOC doesn't subject the taxpayers of Orlando, Orange County and the State of Florida to the expense of allowing this.

In the very rare cases something like this is allowed (and it won't be in this case) the inmate or family is responsible for all costs incurred. I don't see anyone donating to that fund, well maybe someone with a sniper rifle and some money to burn. If the state proves their case the next funeral Casey will be eligible to go to will be her own.

That's an easy one. Imagine that your toaster broke and it was of no use to you any longer, so you threw it away. In this case the toaster was Caylee and Casey threw it away and didn't give it a second thought. This is how a sociopath thinks. They have no feeling or empathy or remorse for anyone or anything unless it's useful to them.

Thanks, SuziQ. I appreciate your analogy and yes, I understand that sociopaths are that way. However, I have always felt that even sociopaths have something good in their souls, even though it may be very deep and hidden.

Sadly, I am still looking for some good in Casey. I am just heartbroken that a mother could be so selfish and uncaring about their precious gift.

I highly doubt they will ad to the circus at this point. Enough is enough.

Wait a sec.

Just for One moment - what if she didn't do it ?

its a big if I know. But what if she didn't ?

If she's innocent, why doesn't she just tell police what really happened with real facts that can be verified and then co-operate with the police to find out who really did do it including taking a lie detector test if necessary? Why would she mess around sitting in jail stonewalling when there's any chance that co-operating with the police could get her out and/or help catch the 'real killer?' If she's innocent and her baby's killer is out there, why not tell the truth that she never has told up until now? If she's innocent but still refusing to tell the truth now that she has irrefutable proof that her lies and obstruction did not keep little Caylee safe, then she's going to be treated like she's being treated, like a murder suspect, which is where the evidence points overwhelmingly. If she wants a different approach by LE, at this point, she'll have to go first.

who continues to treat caylee like she's meaningless? ca and ga? are you serious? look... if you still thought your daughter was innocent, or if denial still had the best of you (i mean, you raised a daughter capable of killing? impossible!), wouldn't you make that request? i would.

if the presumption is that kc is innocent, and if that belief is actually held by kc's parents, then isn't that just a simple AND logical request? i would say that yes, it is.

99% of us presume that kc did it. i do. but she is not guilty YET. also, it is quite possible that george and cindy will NEVER believe that kc did it. and i can't blame them for that.

Every parent everywhere has raised a child capable of killing. Most of us have been lucky to not have a child who has killed. You want to consider that it is denial that keeps the Anthony's supporting their daughter, that is your right. The presumption IS that Casey is innocent, but only insofar as the State must prove guilt. That is not to say that the rest of the free world (and 99% of the rest of the world) has to believe she is innocent because the State has yet to take the case to trial.

This is not even to say the Anthony's must believe like the rest of that 99%. What it does say is that the State has rules about prisoners held in a capital crime case and whatever level of belief of innocence the parent of said prisoner holds, the rules state that no prisoner will be released to attend a funeral. No exceptions. Since this was made apparent to the Anthony's a week ago, that they wish to request it anyway speaks loudly to a presumption of special treatment that they just will not be afforded, nor should they be.

Wait a sec.

Just for One moment - what if she didn't do it ?

its a big if I know. But what if she didn't ?

She is also in jail on other charges, fraud, etc. If she is found not guilty, and released, they can have another service. If she was wrongly imprisoned or unjustly convicted, she can sue for damages after her release, which I doubt will happen. I believe she is guilty and belongs in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me
Back