Anthony's Computer Forensics

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since CA's new game plan is to say she searched for "chlorophyll", perhaps it is a way to to get her to cop to the fact she was not on the computer then; didn't the missing child org searches come about the same time as the chloroform, household weapons search?
I recall the computer searches in the same time frame. I also thought CA was at work. MOO

Since CA's new game plan is to say she searched for "chlorophyll", perhaps it is a way to to get her to cop to the fact she was not on the computer then; didn't the missing child org searches come about the same time as the chloroform, household weapons search?

No, that's the rub. The spreadsheet that was released with the filtered Google searches from March, 2008, does not have searches for missing children's websites. A different spreadsheet showing the internet history from the "casey" account on the desktop shows two visits to a missing children's website around noon on July 16, when KC and Cindy were setting up the "Caylee is Missing" myspace page.

So, I am finding this question interesting.

No, that's the rub. The spreadsheet that was released with the filtered Google searches from March, 2008, does not have searches for missing children's websites. A different spreadsheet showing the internet history from the "casey" account on the desktop shows two visits to a missing children's website around noon on July 16, when KC and Cindy were setting up the "Caylee is Missing" myspace page.

So, I am finding this question interesting.

I keep meaning to ask you.. do you have a theory about what happened to Caylee? And if you do, have you posted it here? I have mad respect for you and your ability to not jump to conclusions or go along with media hype and I'd be very interested in reading your theory...

Very cool Thread!

I just wanted to put in my :twocents: on the BSOD that LA claims to have encounterd. Just a alternate theroy that maybe it was someting simple and not purposfully destroying files

KC takes of with CA and AH, leaving the laptop running and powered on. If it was not on AC power, there is the possiblity that the battery died. A computer that loses power in the middle of some intence use, (like say watching a video, downloading, installing, or moving files) could have had a startup file corrupted, command.com, config.sys or boot.ini

My personal favorite...? NTOSKERNEL is missing or corrupt....:banghead:

Very cool Thread!

I just wanted to put in my :twocents: on the BSOD that LA claims to have encounterd. Just a alternate theroy that maybe it was someting simple and not purposfully destroying files

KC takes of with CA and AH, leaving the laptop running and powered on. If it was not on AC power, there is the possiblity that the battery died. A computer that loses power in the middle of some intence use, (like say watching a video, downloading, installing, or moving files) could have had a startup file corrupted, command.com, config.sys or boot.ini

My personal favorite...? NTOSKERNEL is missing or corrupt....:banghead:

I think similarly. Many times my laptop has encountered the BSOD due to a worn power cord, it seems to somehow become dislodged from the computer end of the connection and voila, losing AC power, the battery runs down and over a period of time will eventually go to the BSOD.

I think similarly. Many times my laptop has encountered the BSOD due to a worn power cord, it seems to somehow become dislodged from the computer end of the connection and voila, losing AC power, the battery runs down and over a period of time will eventually go to the BSOD.

Thanks - if that is indeed what happened, then it is logical that KC was the one deleting June and July emails, etc. and not LA. Which would indicate that CA is correct in saying she gave advance notice to KC by calling and letting her know that they found the car. KC may have simply been trying to clean up the laptop in case CA also decided to call LE for stealing that. I'm sure she knew that CA was on the warpath.

Here are the clicks from March 17:

17-Mar 9:36:12 Clicked a Google-hosted ad from a myspace page
13:43:41 Search chloraform
13:43:41 Search chloroform
(Google automatically suggested correct spelling)
13:54:26 Search alcohol
13:54:42 Search acetone
13:55:34 Search peroxide
13:53:25 to 13:58:38 Wikipedia searches for inhalation, chloroform, alcohol, acetone, peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, death

One should note that KC uses the default 10 results per page, and only once does she look at results 11 - 20. Using such generic terms and spending so little time between term, I believe she is doing nothing more than very high-level information gathering. At least that is all I got when putting the above into Google searches (adding -anthony).

Now let's look at the clicks on March 21:

21-Mar 14:16:30 Search how to make chloraform
14:16:30 Search how to make chloroform (Google automatically suggested correct spelling)
14:19:16 Clicked a Google syndicated ad
14:20:32 Search self defense
14:21:14 Clicked a Google syndicated ad
14:21:58 Search household weapons
14:22:01 Clicked a Google syndicated ad
14:23:08 Clicked a blog poll hosted by Google http://www.google.com/reviews/polls/...kclr=%235588aa
14:25:12 Clicked a Google syndicated ad
14:25:33 Search household weapons
14:25:54 Clicks http://books.google.com/books?id=_QMJNJIOKPEC&pg=PA79
14:26:18 Clicks http://books.google.com/books?id=_QMJNJIOKPEC&pg=PA79
14:26:24 Search neck breaking
14:28:18 Search shovel

Notice that one of the links is a women's self-defense book (visited twice) and the other is a zombie poll. :mummy: All of this "research" was done in the span of 12 short minutes...and we do not know what other non-Google websites were visited.

Stream of consciousness....

Snipped for space....Here's what I found when I searched for 'how to make chloraform':

-Google gave me corrected spelling, clicked on it
-One of the to 3 results was http://www.ehow.com/how_2069802_treat-chloroform-poisoning.html
This link mentions sand & shovel.

-A bag of sand was found at the remain site, no one has asked the A's about this

So per the timeline above, KC had 3 minutes to have perused this article and then gone back to the search and clicked on the Google ad...Was there enough time for her to read this before going back to the Google ad? Would this site have registered on the computer forensics between the 14:16 and 14:19 clicks?
Even if she did not read this article that I found, and forget my sand obsession, did she have time to read any of the results of her searches before she moved to another search?

I've got a question. I've been asked something about my timeline and now I'm unsure I'm interpreting something correctly.

From this discovery:

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/casey_anthony_computer_report.pdf

Page 9 - bottom:

Name: index.dat
Description: File, Archive
File Created: 06/12/08 11:15:29PM
Last Accessed: 06/12/08 11:15:29PM
Last Written: 07/16/08 04:20:12PM
Full Path: 08-069208\S013J10X237614\D\Documents and Settings\casey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

http://clk.atdmt.com/RUC/go/whtpgreu0210000164ruc/direct;at.rucreu00001670;ct.1/01?dispatch=show
SearchRegistration&action=peopleSearch_wp_resultcount&city=&mname=&peopleSearchFrom=wp&affiliate
id=131&searchFirstName=zenaida&searchLastName=Gonzalez&searchAge=25

Does this mean the zenaida search was first done on June 12th? Or am I misinterpreting that?

Valhall, forgive me for being too ignorant to be technical but I think an earlier poster on this thread commented that the search file itself was created on 6-12 but it could have been overwritten many times and that the 7-16 date is the one in which zenaida search was conducted, as only the last search is listed on the thread data. If somebody can remember this better or can correct, please do so. I'm going to look and see if I can find it.

Valhall, forgive me for being too ignorant to be technical but I think an earlier poster on this thread commented that the search file itself was created on 6-12 but it could have been overwritten many times and that the 7-16 date is the one in which zenaida search was conducted, as only the last search is listed on the thread data. If somebody can remember this better or can correct, please do so. I'm going to look and see if I can find it.

That's exactly what I was coming to believe. Thank you, cecy! I'll correct my timeline.

Snipped for space....Here's what I found when I searched for 'how to make chloraform':

-Google gave me corrected spelling, clicked on it
-One of the to 3 results was http://www.ehow.com/how_2069802_treat-chloroform-poisoning.html
This link mentions sand & shovel.

-A bag of sand was found at the remain site, no one has asked the A's about this

So per the timeline above, KC had 3 minutes to have perused this article and then gone back to the search and clicked on the Google ad...Was there enough time for her to read this before going back to the Google ad? Would this site have registered on the computer forensics between the 14:16 and 14:19 clicks?
Even if she did not read this article that I found, and forget my sand obsession, did she have time to read any of the results of her searches before she moved to another search?

I'm sure there is an easy answer to this question, but would you be able to tell if KC had printed out the article to read later?

I am wondering if anyone has connected the searches for chloroform, household weapons, etc... in March to anything happening at the A home. I know Casey's birthday is in March and I believe they started planning the Puerto Rico trip in March, but am not sure. Any guesses on why these searches would be done during that particular time frame ?

I am wondering if anyone has connected the searches for chloroform, household weapons, etc... in March to anything happening at the A home. I know Casey's birthday is in March and I believe they started planning the Puerto Rico trip in March, but am not sure. Any guesses on why these searches would be done during that particular time frame ?

IIRC, the One Tree Hill episode, with the chloroform and kidnapping nanny, aired around then and might have been a possible search motivator. If that's the case, then the idea may have been of further interest to KC.

JBean, please let me know if this needs to go somewhere else, because it touches on a few other thread topics: In the WFTV article about this latest doc dump, they mentioned the syringe in connection with KC's computer searches. WFTV notes that not only was KC searching for chloroform on her own computer, but also "[Investigators] found similar search results on her ex-boyfriend's computer several months before discovering those on KC's computer."
Is the article writer referring to RM's chloroform pictures, or has there been evidence released of actual searches for chloroform on TL, RM or JG's computers? If she was actually searching on one of their PC's, I had not read that before, curious what this writer meant.

Sorry, I couldn't find it in the thread. Are we talking about a laptop or a home desktop? If Ricardo had win her over with chloroform on his myspace page, then how do we know Ricardo didnt do the searches to find the clip art?

IIRC, the One Tree Hill episode, with the chloroform and kidnapping nanny, aired around then and might have been a possible search motivator. If that's the case, then the idea may have been of further interest to KC.

Or, as the defense will say - she saw it on the episode and googled it because she had never heard of it. :crazy:

The One Tree Hill episode called "Hundred" in which the nanny kidnaps the 4 year old aired originally on March 18th '08

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032104/

ETA: I am finding that the chloroform and neck breaking searches were on the 17th, so before this episode aired!

Not only can the time be wrong on a computer, but the year and the month can be wrong too.

There is also a daylight savings option that has options from all the way around the globe.

There is also a cmos or system bios clock that can be set wrong as well.

The battery can go dead or intermitten and effect the time also.

At anytime a lightning surge or a power surge or a spike or even a brown out (less power) can cause settings to change. Sometimes going back to the default sometimes not.

I keep meaning to ask you.. do you have a theory about what happened to Caylee? And if you do, have you posted it here? I have mad respect for you and your ability to not jump to conclusions or go along with media hype and I'd be very interested in reading your theory...

been meaning to ask you the same thing, for the same reason :)

I think you are right NOTTHATSMART
Probably need to throw out any forensics related to the computer searches too then huh?
Gee, you sure are coming up with all kinds of reasons why none of the evidence so far can be used. I really like your thinkin.
Hey, btw, I think they need you on the Shaniya Davis thread too. Go check, I thought I saw a post to you.

I don't think we should throw out any forensic evidence at all. I just think we need to cross examine it and make sure it is valid evidence. Gosh, that is just getting to the truth. Whats wrong with that?

I have never said that evidence shouldn't be used. I have just wanted the whole truth of the evidence. Gosh, wouldn't anybody?

I don't mean to sound silly, but Who is Shaniya Davis? I have never heard of such a person. Why would they post to me? I don't know of this person.

It is important that we get to the truth of the matter in computer forensics. Things are not always what they seem. Computers get viruses , power surges, Malware (others on your computer from remote places without you even knowing) , different user profiles, unsecured networks. There are a lot of things that can effect a computer. So I don't think we should assume anything. I think we should fully sleuth it in the name of Justice for Caylee and getting to the whole truth for her and for her only.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back