Anthony's Deceptions and Seeking Full Immunity#3 Poll Added

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would the GP's be totally candid and truthful if provided full immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 47 7.2%
  • No

Votes: 518 79.8%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 84 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How SHOULD the A's pay their bills now? They have to eat. Neither of them could possibly go back to their regular jobs. Their daughter has assured them of this and has forever changed their lives. Many people, whose lives have forever been altered by a horrible crime end up with some aspect of it becoming their full-time job/ministry.

The ONLY way the A's should profit from this is by tellling and accepting the truth with abject humility. If they would do this, I would absolutely buy the book and cry along with them.

They can find new jobs or go back to the old ones. Your statement that they "can't possibly" go back or get new jobs is just flat out wrong. It's unsupportable.

I voted not sure simply because I don't feel the same way about George as I do Cindy. IMO, Cindy will lie till the cows come home and George is more likely to be honest. I think GA has wanted to be honest from "day 31" but Cindy has manipulated him out of it.

I totally agree, and that's why I voted "not sure", too.

I have a theory about the A's. I am not sure whether they knew for sure (CA at least) that Caylee was dead. I think CA has been hanging on to hope that she was alive and couldn't face Caylee being dead at the hands of KC. I think the A's seem to have a mistrust of LE. Especially CA and LA. I don't know why. I think that from day one they had a mistrust of LE and thought they were out to get KC no matter what and that is why they were trying to cover KC's tracks. Not so much they knew she did it. They may have known in the back of their heads but CA just could not admit that to herself and wanted to believe Caylee alive at all costs and that KC was telling the truth about the nanny even tho none of it made sense.

Maybe, just maybe, now that they have found her dead the A's now believe that KC did it and want her to pay. But they want immunity now to tell LE all they did that may have obstructed things due to their distrust of LE and all they know about Casey and maybe they want to tell the truth so that KC gets her just reward.

QUESTION:
If Cindy had talked to Casey the morning of July 15th then why did Cindy tell the 911 Operator that casey was missing for a month?

Here is a quote from the 3rd 911 call .......

"I told you my daughter was missing for a month. I just found her today. But I can't find my granddaughter."

I was under the impression that Cindy & Casey had not talked to each other for at least a few days before tha car was picked up at the Tow lot but another Poster corrected me & said that Casey's phone records confirm that Cindy & Casey were talking to each other that day.

Why would Cindy say this to the 911 operator then?

I think that CA talked to KC on the phone during that month but didn't see her or Caylee and didn't know where they were. I think that CA found out early on that KC wasn't where she said she was so she was very worried but couldn't get anything out of KC except promises that she would see Caylee soon etc and that she was with the nanny. When CA found the phone # of Amy in the car thats when she was able to locate KC physically and go get her.

I voted not sure simply because I don't feel the same way about George as I do Cindy. IMO, Cindy will lie till the cows come home and George is more likely to be honest. I think GA has wanted to be honest from "day 31" but Cindy has manipulated him out of it.

You know, that was my first response as well. But then I keep thinking, Casey manipulates Cindy and Cindy manipulates George..... When do adults step up to the plate ?

I still don't know what these outright lies are that people say the Anthonys told LE. What I see are two people who were desperately trying to deal with a missing grandchild and LE blaming their daughter for something that they couldn't believe was possible. Is that so hard to understand? How many people would readily believe their own child could be a murderer? If they're guilty of anything, it's naivete and gullibility where KC is concerned. I think they have always recognized her failings such as being a liar and a thief, but just could not make their minds go to the thought of her killing Caylee.

After seeing George and Cindy on the LKL show the night before Caylee's remains were found, there is no way I would ever believe them no matter how many bibles they swore on or immunity was given to them.
The lies seemed to come so easily during that interview.
The truth has no strings attached. It always comes first with no conditions and no fingers crossed behind their backs.
What they seem to be asking for is someone to erase the blackboard and they can start over. That doesn't work when you're being questioned by LE about a crime of this seriousness.
JMO

I was wrong about what was going on here. I thought they were asking for immunity via the subpoena upon testifyiing on the stand and couldnt understand that request because immunity is ( I think) implied due to being parents of the accused.

It seems like they are asking for immunity in order to give their statement (depostion) to the prosecutor. There are great conflicts here because GA spoke to them and told them what he knew to be true, and Cindy changed her and his statement. They would definitely be asked about this and therefore because they conflict they would be held accountable. CA, alone, is the one who is in trouble for instigating this behavior and the State wants to get to the bottom of this case and find out what was taken from of the car...who cleaned it...what she knew was missing from the house, why she thought kc worked and was taking a vacation, was the a fight and kc left the house on the 15th. IOW, they steered the entire investigation from the truth. The Anthonys do not want to be held accountable for the part....afterall they are grieving parents, say them

The A's can say they will not participate in Casey's prosecution all they want to but when they are subpeoned to testify in court they will have to talk, like it or not. If they do not tell the truth they will face perjury charges and if they refuse to talk at all they will be held in contempt of court. I say NO IMMUNITY!!!

If the A's don't have anything to hide, then they shouldn't need immunity. Cindy doesn't have anything to say to the media now that Caylee has been found.

Lee has lawyered up, so he may be in deep doo doo.

The one thing that makes me say no to immunity..........Caylee's remains were found, and immediately there was a search warrant for the Anthony house. LE took a lot of items from the house as evidence. It was after this that the Anthonys wanted immunity.

Had Caylee's remains NOT been found, we'd still be sitting here discussing the latest sighting of Caylee reported by Cindy, and there'd be no requests for immunity.

I was wrong about what was going on here. I thought they were asking for immunity via the subpoena upon testifyiing on the stand and couldnt understand that request because immunity is ( I think) implied due to being parents of the accused.

It seems like they are asking for immunity in order to give their statement (depostion) to the prosecutor. There are great conflicts here because GA spoke to them and told them what he knew to be true, and Cindy changed her and his statement. They would definitely be asked about this and therefore because they conflict they would be held accountable. CA, alone, is the one who is in trouble for instigating this behavior and the State wants to get to the bottom of this case and find out what was taken from of the car...who cleaned it...what she knew was missing from the house, why she thought kc worked and was taking a vacation, was the a fight and kc left the house on the 15th. IOW, they steered the entire investigation from the truth. The Anthonys do not want to be held accountable for the part....afterall they are grieving parents, say them

The subpoena only provides "immunity" from your words being used against you when you are charged, it also takes away your ability to plead the 5th. They want immunity from the obstruction charges because the state probably has enough to convict them without using any of their courtroom testimony. So without an immunity deal they could be compelled to testify without being able to take the 5th and then still get charged.

If they do arrange an immunity deal, I hope right after they give their fully factual statements on video tape the state puts the death penalty back on the table for darling Casey.

Yes, Cindy is in hiding..

Cindy can't stand to be wrong! She is always right and she knows everything.
She is embarressed! Her perfectionism is being questioned and she can't stand it...this has nothing to do with Caylee. It is self-serving.

The subpoena only provides "immunity" from your words being used against you when you are charged, it also takes away your ability to plead the 5th. They want immunity from the obstruction charges because the state probably has enough to convict them without using any of their courtroom testimony. So without an immunity deal they could be compelled to testify without being able to take the 5th and then still get charged.

If they do arrange an immunity deal, I hope right after they give their fully factual statements on video tape the state puts the death penalty back on the table for darling Casey.

Thank you for clarifiying.
Can you tell me if they have obstruction charges? If not, is this a pre-emptive strike?

There is a real and present danger in ANY immunity deal for any of the Anthonys.

What if the lawyer's of the A's and Casey conspire so that the A's wind up with full immunity and then during the trial Baez shifts the blame of "reasonable doubt" to Cindy & George. After all they would have had access to the house, the computer, cell phones and the car and they WERE the last ones to see Caylee by their own admissions. KC could say she was out partying because she "THOUGHT" they were taking care of her and when she found out Caylee was gone, she was afraid of GA & CA.

The defense team will point the finger at the Anthonys and nothing can be done to prosecute them as they will have been given full immunity. It not only provides a method for reasonable doubt, it also provides a way where no one can ever subsequently be tried for Caylee's death.

There is a real and present danger in ANY immunity deal for any of the Anthonys.

What if the lawyer's of the A's and Casey conspire so that the A's wind up with full immunity and then during the trial Baez shifts the blame of "reasonable doubt" to Cindy & George. After all they would have had access to the house, the computer, cell phones and the car and they WERE the last ones to see Caylee by their own admissions. KC could say she was out partying because she "THOUGHT" they were taking care of her and when she found out Caylee was gone, she was afraid of GA & CA.

The defense team will point the finger at the Anthonys and nothing can be done to prosecute them as they will have been given full immunity. It not only provides a method for reasonable doubt, it also provides a way where no one can ever subsequently be tried for Caylee's death.

They would never get an open ended deal like that, their lawyer will have to very specifically outline what actions he is seeking immunity for. The prosecutor is not going to sign an immunity deal and then find out what they are offering. They are seeking immunity, they will have to put their cards on the table. Just like when the state was seeking the deal they had to put their cards up and say we will agree to __________ in exchange for the location of her body and the details of what happened.

I think that CA has pegged in her head that Casey may get the Death Sentence. So, even if they may know what happened. They really cant say either because they know dont know how much of it to believe.
Not taking up for the A's. But I dont think they have any involvement in Caylees Murder.
I think as Parents they want to try and protect their own daughter. YES!!
But I still think at the same time, they do want justice for Caylee.

**Let me throw out a Question to other WEBSLEUTHERS
?? WHAT would you do if you were in there shoes, if your grandaughter was murder and your daughter was the only suspect.

Me, I would mad as crap because she keeps spinning all these lies, I would take her and try and tell her she has to tell the truth, the lies in the end will hurt her worse. If she is protecting someone else then she needs to come clean.
If she did do it and it was accidental then her getting the Death Penalty would be less likely, but if she did do something to harm the child. THEN WHY!!

I think there are a lot of people here speculating on what they would do given the same circumstance. I believe the vast majority of people here would be trying to save their daughters skin. IIRC, even NG said she would be trying everything she could to keep her child out of prison.

I believe they are saddened but are desperately trying to stop from losing their daughter too. I think they blame themselves for some or all of this due to parenting mistakes they have made in the past and therefore don't want to see their daughter put away for life or get the DP.

The family seeks to protect their image yet they fail to realize that by them telling the truth would bring about some dignity.

If a lot of the speculation on this board is correct then they have zero dignity to preserve. If GA or LA are the father of Caylee. If LA or the GP's were involved in the cover up. If KC did this to get back at her mother for something then all dignity is gone from an outsiders perspective.

I really do think they will be truthful. What have they got to lose? And their "image" is in need of desperate repair.

I voted "not sure" because I feel they would figure out some lies before the inquiry and tell just enough truth to work around them.

I don't get it.Dunno where I read today that they might be questioned again soon.What does this full immunity thing mean then?If they don't get it they will lie?This is ridiculous.LE can use this against them,why are they risking?Or is this just bad atty strategy?

Their attorney will be there during questioning and won't allow them to answer any questions. If they are given immunity then they'll talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doCwxzNM98E
As mush as I dislike the family, this is a good. It brought tears to my eyes. Maybe immunity is okay.

I could write three books about OJ Simpson. One would make him look like one of the best people to ever grace this planet and the other the worst person to grace this planet and the other in between.

When a video is made with heart wrenching pictures and a heart wrenching song you could feel for a lot of criminals in this world. Just sayin.

I haven't seen anyting that they are claiming "the nanny did it." Is there a credible source--did their attorney say this?

I don't think since the body has been found that they are claiming the nanny did it they are just being tight lipped now. They had an appearance scheduled on LKL for the day after the body was found that had been scheduled before the discovery and they dropped out on the advice of their attorney. :waitasec: That says a lot.

FOX News, national just did a piece on this immunity business.
A former Prosecutor chimed in and used the word despicable
several times! He said in all of his years in law he has never seen Grandparents NOT want to tell the truth regarding their murdered grandchild.

I wonder if in all his years in law he's ever seen a grandchild murdered by their mother?

The immunity would also guarantee that the money train never stops.:furious:

IS THERE A LAWYER IN THE HOUSE?

It keeps being discussed that immunity would allow the GP's to profit from any things associated with this case they are involved in for profit and no immunity and a conviction for OJ would keep them from profiting.

Some say that's true and others don't believe it's true can a lawyer settle this for us please?

Wonder where we would be today if the parent's had called a stop to this right from the first.... you know - stop the lying, just stop it, where is Caylee, etc. It has just gone on too long and I still do not understand why LE can't break her. It has just gone on too long. MOO

KC has learned how to lie very well in the 22 years she's been on the planet. IMO, this is usually due to parents that are very tight fisted with their kids and don't allow them any freedom.

In high school the best liar of all my friends was the friend with the strictest parents.

I agree that this thing has been handled stupidly by the Anthony's from day 31 but I really think they didn't want to believe their daughter was capable of a crime like this and kept deluding themselves.

KC has a lot of anger in her. Where did that come from? If she was being molested and her mother kept blowing her off because it would cause scandal in the family or because she just didn't believe her (I'd think this would be before she became pathological) then I believe she would harbor a lot of rage against her mother especially if her mother knew Caylee was the product of incest.

This would help explain the "maybe because I'm a vindictive " statement.

and because they have a dead grandaughter we are to let them skate on by---irregardless of the damage they have done to others...loved your post--!seems like poor little Caylee only comes to forfront when they need her to--other than that...its there own agenda first....

I think that's the way it's been up until Caylees death and after it too.

I'm hopeing the same---I also hope that something along the lines of the Goldmans when oj was doing that book thing....

If she's convicted who would bring the civil suit?

(Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.)

I agree that the A's should not be allowed to profit from book, magazine, film deals, etc., however, the time for preventing that is RIGHT NOW, not later. By the time a book, film, magazine article, or whatever is released, the A's will have already received their money in full, in the form of a non-repayable contractual advance.

Boycotting the finished product won't effect the A's income; it will only severely reduce the profits of whatever publisher, network, etc. paid the A's for the rights to the produce the finished product.

The only way to block the A's from making a great deal of money from selling (licensing) those rights, is to start making it publicly clear, right now, to potential publishers, networks, etc., that you--we, everyone--will boycott the finished products.

In the world of publishing, film-making, etc., that translates to, "you don't have a prayer of making a profit."

And profit-making is the only thing they're concerned with (understandably). Depending upon the amount of boycott warnings they receive, they will either decide not to sign a contract with the A's at all, or they will radically reduce the amount of the $ advances they offer.

That's a good idea but impractical. There are so many people that would want this book lines would be out the door IMO.

So caylee's finally found, then news reports of possibility fingerprints could still be on duct tape. then the house is searched again, and they suddenly want full immunity. and lee gets a lawyer.

what if they were granted immunity for testimony, but it turned out they had a hand in moving the body? would that immunity protect them from ever being charged for that?

sorry if this has been asked before, there's so many pages of threads to read through!

I believe they would be given limited immunity. I've never heard of a case where significant crimes have been given immunity from prosecution.

Personally, I think LE doesn't need any testimony from them to get a conviction for KC or to be able to all of them for OJ. JMO

[

QUESTION:
If Cindy had talked to Casey the morning of July 15th then why did Cindy tell the 911 Operator that casey was missing for a month?

Here is a quote from the 3rd 911 call .......

"I told you my daughter was missing for a month. I just found her today. But I can't find my granddaughter."

I was under the impression that Cindy & Casey had not talked to each other for at least a few days before tha car was picked up at the Tow lot but another Poster corrected me & said that Casey's phone records confirm that Cindy & Casey were talking to each other that day.

Why would Cindy say this to the 911 operator then?

Cindy stated in a later interview that she said whatever she felt would get the police there the quickest and I believe her. If you listen to the calls in order you can hear her tone changing and her demeanor becoming frantic.
The problem I still have with the 911 calls is that she was trying to control everyone and everything.

I voted no for immunity. LE needs to take their time, do a full investigation and charge them accordingly. IMO, we are not thru hearing about the Anthonys involvement in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member