Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to catch up with this thread after a couple of difficult days (our cat of 13 years died suddenly Friday night, from what we think was a stroke).

I think the one of the things the Anthonys are worried about is this - Dr. G's professional opinion. As a well-respected medical examiner, Dr. G's opinion will carry a lot of weight. The Anthonys will be hard-pressed to refute Dr. G's opinion, and the defense is going to have to come up with a medical examiner of equal reputation to refute her opinion, hoping to cast doubts about the findings.

I'm sorry about Kitty.

Yep, LKB's hubby will have great difficulty going up against Dr G any day, any case. She cannot be bought for any amount of money. She does it for the victim as well as her love of medicine. I so admire her.

OT: I am so sorry about your cat. I have lost two 20 year old babies in less than one year.

It's almost like losing a child. I'm sorry.

Well, after all this discussion, it looks like we still have a body in a trunk.

You gotta admit, Count... there were some fun times watching Kobi lay tread while doing u-turns on his own analyses! :-)

:crazy: I was getting whiplash watching them. Just wait for the trial. I will be totally gray and needing two bottles of wine to bring me back to reality each evening after watching the daily carp the defense does. :bang:

Please KC, just put me out of my misery now and tell me what happened. I won't tell CA. Pinky swear.

I think the Anthonys request to seal the autopsy results will work against them. If there's anything "shocking" in the report, the shock will have worn off by the time of the trial. However, if it isn't released until the trial and it is shocking then the animosity towards Casey will be newly increased.

Yep, LKB's hubby will have great difficulty going up against Dr G any day, any case. She cannot be bought for any amount of money. She does it for the victim as well as her love of medicine. I so admire her.

OT: I am so sorry about your cat. I have lost two 20 year old babies in less than one year.

Above and beyond that, she is an extremely powerful counter to the use of any possible "dream team" use of high profile well known on TV talking head pathologists for hire, including Baden, H Lee, Kobi, etc. She is nationally known. her face is recognizeable and her work carries a great deal of weight. LKB in particular is well known for the tactic of dazzling the jury with celebrity experts. In this case Dr. G is not just a counter celebrity. She is on her home turf working in her day job for the county.

Plus the simple fact that she is 1000x less creepy then any of the other well known pathologists that the defense will probably try and use doesn't hurt the public and jury perception.

Above and beyond that, she is an extremely powerful counter to the use of any possible "dream team" use of high profile well known on TV talking head pathologists for hire, including Baden, H Lee, Kobi, etc. She is nationally known. her face is recognizeable and her work carries a great deal of weight. LKB in particular is well known for the tactic of dazzling the jury with celebrity experts. In this case Dr. G is not just a counter celebrity. She is on her home turf working in her day job for the county.

Plus the simple fact that she is 1000x less creepy then any of the other well known pathologists that the defense will probably try and use doesn't hurt the public and jury perception.

She's one of the few TV experts who never "went Hollywood." She's always kept her professionalism, in the face of commercial fame. That's integrity!

Leila, I'm sorry about your loss. I'm on vacation right now on Little Cayman and our kitty was sick right before we left, so I'm a wreck.

I agree, Dr G never went hollywood and they're going to have a terrible time trying to find someone in her league.

I'm just trying to catch up with this thread after a couple of difficult days (our cat of 13 years died suddenly Friday night, from what we think was a stroke).

I think the one of the things the Anthonys are worried about is this - Dr. G's professional opinion. As a well-respected medical examiner, Dr. G's opinion will carry a lot of weight. The Anthonys will be hard-pressed to refute Dr. G's opinion, and the defense is going to have to come up with a medical examiner of equal reputation to refute her opinion, hoping to cast doubts about the findings.
I'm so sorry, Leila. :blowkiss:

I agree with you about their primary concern being Dr. G's professional opinion. I believe whoever the defense comes up with to refute her is going to come off as just what they are ~ a paid expert. The defense may try their hardest to discredit Dr. G, but from what I have heard of her reputation, it will be very difficult. MOO

You gotta admit, Count... there were some fun times watching Kobi lay tread while doing u-turns on his own analyses! :-)
At times it was painful to watch.It makes you think twice about "experts" though.They can spin with the best of them.

At times it was painful to watch.It makes you think twice about "experts" though.They can spin with the best of them.

Yep, especially after they deposit that big check into their account and it clears the bank :rolleyes:

Leila,
I'm so sorry for your loss.I know it's painful.
I agree with you,Dr. G will be a voice for Caylee.That brings me a measure of comfort.

Yep, especially after they deposit that big check into their account and it clears the bank :rolleyes:

Well, my brother, who has just quit being a lawyer, usually makes some kind of crack about red lights and dirty sheets, when I mention "expert witnesses."

Which brings about a couple of questions ~ like where is the defense going to get the money for that big check and any idea who their expert ME will be??? :waitasec:

You, me and everyone else who follows this case wants that question answered, like yesterday.

There a a thread devoted to this exact question/subject, found it

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81148&highlight=paying+defense
Thanks so much but that basically addresses the "big check" not who the defense will hire to refute Dr. G's autopsy report. As I recall, even LKB's husband, Dr. Baden, was talking on tv about the 'death band' on Caylee's hair so I doubt they'll choose him. :) MOO

Thanks so much but that basically addresses the "big check" not who the defense will hire to refute Dr. G's autopsy report. As I recall, even LKB's husband, Dr. Baden, was talking on tv about the 'death band' on Caylee's hair so I doubt they'll choose him. :) MOO

See, I just popped another gray hair over this, :crazy:. I did a search and there were pages. I just thought this was it without reading it. Sorry. I will look again. Nothing else better to do this evening. Grandson is playing COD WW and occupied with that. :) brb.

I sure hope tomorrow brings us some news from the Judge about the autopsy report being released.

See, I just popped another gray hair over this, :crazy:. I did a search and there were pages. I just thought this was it without reading it. Sorry. I will look again. Nothing else better to do this evening. Grandson is playing COD WW and occupied with that. :) brb.
Sorry about that! I'm looking too. I vaguely remember something being mentioned about their experts but I'm not sure if it's been revealed who will challenge Dr. G. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez