GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting, thank you Ruflossn. I agree with most of what the profiler said, I do think it was someone young, prowling the area or had followed her home.

One thing though, the bashing type of murder is not always a disorganized killer. There is one serial killer who has never been caught that was organized and bashed the woman or couple with items found at the scene. He killed at least 11 and raped 50 women. He is called the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker, and he most likely was young when he started.

In that one earlier article where some other newscasters are speaking about how frightened they are, they mention what steps the news station has taken to ensure their privacy. I noticed that they mentioned that they edited their online bios, including recently removing any information such as "whether a person is married or lives alone" (or something to that effect).

So, I take that to mean that when Anne was alive maybe her bio said something like....she is single and lives with her cocker spaniels in Little Rock. Or? Does anyone know what Anne's original bio said? I guess that's sort of more of a question for the locals. I'm just wondering how obvious it was made to the public that Anne lived alone.

Interesting, thank you Ruflossn. I agree with most of what the profiler said, I do think it was someone young, prowling the area or had followed her home.

One thing though, the bashing type or murder is not always a disorganized killer. There is one serial killer who has never been caught that was organized and bashed the woman or couple with items found at the scene. He killed at least 11 and raped 50 women. He is called the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker, and he most likely was young when he started.

Mr. Owen has studied the Original Night Stalker. I can not believe he (the original night stalker) has not been caught. It is important to remember, that profiling is not an exact science. It is only a tool to help LE look in certain directions for clues that might lead them to a perp. Another thing that most disorganized killers have in common is a recent "high stress event" in their lives. Such as, death of a loved one, divorce, break up w/ significant other, loss of employment, etc..............

No, EAR/ONS has not been caught. For a fleeting moment I wondered whether he was the killer. His last victim was a young woman beaten viciously in her bed, five years after his crime spree. Who knows where this guy is now.

I wish the profiler could profile the investigation and clue us in as to where LE is in leads and when the killer will be under arrest.

I wish the profiler could profile the investigation and clue us in as to where LE is in leads and when the killer will be under arrest.

That is agreat idea. You could always e-mail the reporter and ask him to do a follow up interview w/ that idea.

No, EAR/ONS has not been caught. For a fleeting moment I wondered whether he was the killer. His last victim was a young woman beaten viciously in her bed, five years after his crime spree. Who knows where this guy is now.

I hace wondered the same thing. Maybe he died or is in prison? Or like BTK, he is still around, but inactive.......? Where did most of his crimes occur? Was it California?

I don't know. I think a pretty good bit of info has been presented. The video link I posted yesterday had a lot of bio material.

She did go to church and had a very strong faith. She also went to a gym, and video tape from I suspose the time of her Sunday trip to the gym has been turned over to LE.

Anne seemed to be a very busy, popular person. Perhaps not really in a dating type relationship. I read a posting on a respects blog/post somewhere that one of the people leaving regards mentioned to an other friend posting there that, "hey you remember so and so's son, he dated anne a little while and said she was just a magnetic person."

I really do not think this is someone she dated or was involved with as either a friend or whatever. When I read the profilers statement (http://www.cwarkansas.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=4e0592f1-9d39-48bc-ab77-f4d82de56ee2) my initial reaction was sort of no s*** sherlock.

Because of the lack of info, contradictory info, and unconfirmed rumors its hard to get a real handle on things. if you go by just the basic, presented, verified facts, it looks like it could be a break in and the killer just snapped at some point. i have first hand experience with the snap part. could be a crime of opportunity. could be a more garden variety stalker.

I also find it very strange that neighbors and workmen around her house were not extensively interviewed. This leads me to believe they either know who did this and are just dotting their "i's" and crossing their "t's" while they have this person under 24/7 surveillance or they have botched the investigation and haven't a clue.

Literally, they have given out very little to work with and I find that strange.

I noted the xact same thing the other day. I think in a way INITIAL LE reports that were later recanted might have been somewhat true. It was said that LE had a suspect in mind but at the time they weren't named. Or they were just looking for the name to put with everything else. They were pretty clear there. Then they said well yeah there is a suspect because of course we had a crime, so there has to be someone that did it... and realy gave out no forther information about the 'suspect". Giving LE the benefit of the doubt, and assuming they are actually working very hard and dilligently on the case, i would say if certain things hadn't been pursued, it could be becuase the investigation has taken them in a different direction.

i do find the lack of information to be disappointing although in some cases understandable for privacy or investigative needs. something (as sad) as an autopsy report would shed more light on the attack itself and perhaps the killers mind frame, motive, etc. that was released in the Eve Carson case and actually put some rumors to rest.

When I posted about the picture of Anne with her cocker spaniel, I meant, for those who think the dogs knew the attacker was that obviously, her cocker spaniels had accompanied her on the Channel 7 Newstar van, which consists of cameramen, engineers and others that she traveled and worked closely with. These people would have befriended her dogs. I'm just trying to look at everything. Maybe, if someone content working closely with Anne, but realized after the movie W., she would definitely be going on to bigger things that the object of their obsession would be lost and that angered them or him. Some of these people traveled with her to LA to cover the movie. On the other hand, jealousy in the news industry is far more than some could imagine. My hair dresser who used to work, ironically in the Heights, spoke of one recently retired, very prominent female anchor that they had to make sure her appointment was not the same time as another anchor, as they would get into screaming catfights. This anchor had even bullied new people and told them this was her market and to tone their makeup/clothing down. Just trying to think of anything. LE should be setting up self-defense courses, etc. for the community, but they're not doing anything to make us feel safer. One more thing, I know on the original, not sure if still there, one of Anne's activities she enjoyed was walking her two Cocker Spaniels. That made me sick to read, just telling everyone her habit.

I'm sure there is lots of jealousy in the broadcasting field. I would not rule out someone with whom she worked. My feeling though is that it is someone who lives in her neighborhood and has watched her comings and goings for awhile probably without her even knowing it.

What do you all think of the reward money stopping at $50,000? This has been all over the country and you know there has been much more contributed. I know Anne has a scholarship fund, also, but it makes me wonder as to who made that call, the LE or ??? and why??? Maybe they have a suspect in mind that money doesn't matter to them or their spouse, etc.

I, like everyone else am still very disappointed with the LE. There HAD to have been something on those cameras at the Shell station. Then again, if the LE made screw ups early on they're going to try and protect themselves and are not saying anything, so they can't screw up further. Frustrating.

I don't think it officially "stopped". Last I saw it was some odd number like 48,379.12 so its rounded up to $50,000 for simplicity. i think just after a month its tapped out and people (like myself) who had contributed to the reward fun, now contributed to the scholarship fund.

What do you all think of the reward money stopping at $50,000? This has been all over the country and you know there has been much more contributed. I know Anne has a scholarship fund, also, but it makes me wonder as to who made that call, the LE or ??? and why??? Maybe they have a suspect in mind that money doesn't matter to them or their spouse, etc.

I, like everyone else am still very disappointed with the LE. There HAD to have been something on those cameras at the Shell station. Then again, if the LE made screw ups early on they're going to try and protect themselves and are not saying anything, so they can't screw up further. Frustrating.

I am sure LE has much more info than we are privy (and not entitled) too.

As far as the reward and monies donated I do not think anything about it, I really do not care, I just would like her killer found for justice to prevail. The money is not a concern at all IMO, I am sure it is going where it should be.

I AM upset abut the firings at the hospital, I know too many in the medical field that violate HIPPA time and time again, not only is it a privacy issue in this case it could have hindered the investigation, loose lips sink ships and I hope it will not interfere in this investigation.

I am sure LE has much more info than we are privy (and not entitled) too.

As far as the reward and monies donated I do not think anything about it, I really do not care, I just would like her killer found for justice to prevail. The money is not a concern at all IMO, I am sure it is going where it should be.

I AM upset abut the firings at the hospital, I know too many in the medical field that violate HIPPA time and time again, not only is it a privacy issue in this case it could have hindered the investigation, loose lips sink ships and I hope it will not interfere in this investigation.

I hope and pray that you are right. Yes, the hospital firings were very upsetting that anyone would do that. Loose lips may sink ships, but there are a lot of them out there.

The lack of info from the LE is making the community try to find out things. People are scared to death for themselves, but also want this killer caught for the sake of the family.

I don't know. I think a pretty good bit of info has been presented. The video link I posted yesterday had a lot of bio material.

She did go to church and had a very strong faith. She also went to a gym, and video tape from I suspose the time of her Sunday trip to the gym has been turned over to LE.

Anne seemed to be a very busy, popular person. Perhaps not really in a dating type relationship. I read a posting on a respects blog/post somewhere that one of the people leaving regards mentioned to an other friend posting there that, "hey you remember so and so's son, he dated anne a little while and said she was just a magnetic person."

I really do not think this is someone she dated or was involved with as either a friend or whatever. When I read the profilers statement (http://www.cwarkansas.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=4e0592f1-9d39-48bc-ab77-f4d82de56ee2) my initial reaction was sort of no s*** sherlock.

Because of the lack of info, contradictory info, and unconfirmed rumors its hard to get a real handle on things. if you go by just the basic, presented, verified facts, it looks like it could be a break in and the killer just snapped at some point. i have first hand experience with the snap part. could be a crime of opportunity. could be a more garden variety stalker.

ITA re profiler, sensing the perp "had rage" (ya think... almost as astute as psychics lol w their "premonitions" and "visions" of Caylee's body "somewhere in woods, or near water...") I don't doubt a home invasion can turn very ugly, but does your average break-in or home invasion robbery typically involve murder, or ordinarily even target a place where someone is home? I still don't believe this was just a simple robbery or break-in and neither, for some reason, do I think it was anyone specifically stalking or particularly enraged w Anne (even for an imagined slight or offense). Still believe it was depersonalized or generalized rage for which Anne bore the brunt and became his victim. JMO

ITA re profiler, sensing the perp "had rage" (ya think... almost as astute as psychics lol w their "premonitions" and "visions" of Caylee's body "somewhere in woods, or near water...") I don't doubt a home invasion can turn very ugly, but does your average break-in or home invasion robbery typically involve murder, or ordinarily even target a place where someone is home? I still don't believe this was just a simple robbery or break-in and neither, for some reason, do I think it was anyone specifically stalking or particularly enraged w Anne (even for an imagined slight or offense). Still believe it was depersonalized or generalized rage for which Anne bore the brunt and became his victim. JMO

I would think a home invasion would show signs of a break in. I don't believe this had anything to do with robbery. I think things were taken to make it look like a robbery. I believe thats why the credit card was used.

there is something to be said for the crime of opportunity theory. Anne walked her dogs, left the back door unlocked and went to bed. Someone passing through back yards, trying door knobs finds it open. Could be a rapist, so burglary wasnt high on his list of things to do. He attacked her in bed, and when she fought back he freaked out and pummeled her. Not being a "burglar" maybe he grabbed a couple obvious things like her purse and maybe a bag with the present she and her mom had bought that day? Its not an exciting theory but it fits most of the limited available confirmed evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back