GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting, if this person could not get/have his fantasy via this ad (no responses or so), maybe he searched a new avenue to have this fantasy happen, such as setting it up himself and making/forcing it to happen.

Good find. JMO

I'm a little behind in the threads, but I just wanted to say that I don't think a person who has the wherewithal to verbalize a fantasy about consensual sex with a real estate agent in A vacant house is someone to worry about. I see this more as someone who has a sick force fantasy and saw this as a way to grab a victim :-(

:modstop:

The description of the clothing is provided to help locate Ms. Carter. That's the end of the discussion. I have removed several posts and I will issue TO's if there is another comment about the way she was dressed after this warning.

Salem

Not trying to hog the board here, but the more I think of it the POI obviously not headed out of town or state too fast because if so he/she could have went right towards Memphis or left towards texarkana Dallas etc, but instead Roosevelt rd of all places so whoever it was went into Little Rock and exited off to Roosevelt. There are several pay by the hour if you know what I mean hotels down there.

The Roosevelt Rd area based on pings from the victim's phone indicates a route near the airport, NOT the area of Roosevelt Rd you're talking about.

Very strange. If robbery was a motive then why not take her purse? If rape or murder was the motive then why not do it in the vacant hose and leave her body there like the Lindsay Buziac case in Victoria? It appears there was no sign of a struggle or anything amiss in the home or on the grounds so she was taken away unharmed but where and why? It seems like a huge risk to take away an unharmed person in your vehicle to then...where? She didn't have her purse or credit/debit cards with her so not attempting to take her to an ATM to access funds. And her missing at least one other showing well if her agency knew about it then surely she told her husband as well so why would he first go to this house if by 9:00pm she would have been elsewhere at her later showing? Or maybe he did? Very confusing case.

I hate to even speculate, but there have been 4 active threads recently where people have been taken against their will by people with twisted fetishes. In all of these cases couples were involved. It seems to be a very disturbing new trend.

The Roosevelt Rd area based on pings from the victim's phone indicates a route near the airport, NOT the area of Roosevelt Rd you're talking about.

Sorry I guess I don't understand pings I honestly thought it meant that the phone was used there. Thanks I will take my posts off if I can. Don't want to confuse anyone, I stay that way enough on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it was probably ya. Va repo/foreclosure. The thing that worries me about that, is that the house was probably vacant. He/she could have been staked out for a while w/o anyone seeing him

On the FBFB page, there is a lot of chatter, some saying that at one point, there was the truck, a smaller silver darker car, and Beverly's car at the house at the same time. I don't know how much truth there is to this as there is no link provided, but it's worth at least thinking about.

Just a few things I'm thinking.

1) Maybe the person responsible could be a fellow real estate agent? The motive would be there at least (jealous of her success) and could be staged in a way where police are unlikely to look that direction (call in as a interested couple and make it appear that this unknown man or couple was the last to see her at this house). This person would also have inside knowledge of things such as the lockbox on the door. I don't think this is the likely scenario by the way. Just one I think makes sense.

2) There's been some talk about her husband knowing the address of the showing and if that's normal. IMO, I doubt she came out and said "I have a showing at *insert address*". I know her husband said (and it was linked in the first few pages of this thread but I'm mobile and can't find it at the moment) that this was a house she really wanted to get sold. So, I think he likely was aware this was a listing she had and she talked about it often with him. So, she likely said something like "hey I finally got s showing at that foreclosure over on X street" and thats how her husband knew which one. I wouldn't read too much into her husband knowing the address to the showing.

3) I still feel like if LE is able to obtain cell records that would break the case open. This person wanting to see the house would have contacted her somehow beforehand which already gives the cops an upper hand vw. other missing cases.

4) Other than jealous of her success I can't figure out what the motive would be. This had to be pre-planned. Its unlikely that the suspect is someone just driving by the house while she was showing it to a legit client (because that client would have came forward). This required planning. Setting up an appointment with her, a plan to get her into their car quickly without alerting neighbors, and more). So this is someone who took careful time and methods to plan this abduction in the daytime which makes me question the motive. What did she have that this person wanted bad enough to pull off something like this at that time? My only guesses are envious of her success or perhaps a pervert who has seen her advertisements around the town and her looks motivated him to do something crazy.

These are just a few thoughts I have.

Anyone know if it is "common" for a perp to send phony texts from a victim's phone?

I don't think I have ever followed a case where that, actually, happened. Though, it comes up often as a theory in the early stages of MP cases.

If you go out drinking, you would usually take your purse or a credit card. I believe the texts were sent by the perp. Lets hope I'm wrong

Has her husband been formally cleared by the police? I am merely asking as I may have missed something that stated that the police have anything other than his statements to go on thus far. Is there additional evidence that supports his claim that she had an appt. at this house? IMO, this is either an elaborate rouse to cover up a crime of passion, a suicide or an abduction. I am really looking forward to far more detailed information from investigators.

That Craig's list add is also very odd. Just an FYI, this same add could have been placed in LR and deleted. I've used Craig's List and once you are done with your add, you simply delete it. I believe there is then no public record of it.

I'm still hoping that she in fact sent the text and the reference to the drinking was an alert to her husband that something was off (as in her abductor told her to let her husband know she was okay and she figured out a way to let her husband know otherwise). This would mean that hours after she went missing she was still alive...which means there's still hope. The alternative...that the person that took her sent the text...well....

This was my thought also that maybe it was a sign to her husband. If Beverly convinced the perp that her husband would be looking for her, the perp could have had her send a message to buy time. I also wonder if there are any people who may have something against the husband rather than Beverly. The taunting texts just seem so out of place in this day and time where technology can be traced so easily. JMO

Anyone know if it is "common" for a perp to send phony texts from a victim's phone?

I don't think I have ever followed a case where that, actually, happened. Though, it comes up often as a theory in the early stages of MP cases.

Hey mom -:) these texts have me scratching my head. Why would the perp take a chance of letting her keep her phone? That is usually the first thing that is ditched.

Hey mom -:) these texts have me scratching my head. Why would the perp take a chance of letting her keep her phone? That is usually the first thing that is ditched.
Seems like someone not too tech savvy. Or dumb

Reasons why this case is sketchy and is probably going to get busted wide open quickly:

The husband doesn't ever mention calling her when he didn't find her in the house. Did he try her friends? Maybe she had a coworker pick her up for drinks..

The lockbox is gone. Obviously perp isn't versed on how they work and got prints all over them, subsequently creating the need to destroy the box (or cut it off in some way).

Husband got texts from her at 1am after she was reported missing with inaccurate statements (going to have drinks)..did he call the phone at that time? Did he immediately call the police to tell them that he got communication from her phone? From the police report, they began searching and securing the scene around 0047...so he got these texts from her at or around 1am and the police weren't told? If they were told, maybe they could've tried for a ping at that moment since the phone was being used. Why would a perp be so dumb as to text from an iPhone, knowing the tracking capabilities and the chance of texting inaccurate info? They wouldn't. They'd throw that phone as far as possible and as soon as possible. No one keeps evidence like that when they abduct someone. There have been cases of husbands being perps and sending "inaccurate" texts like this to solidify the idea that "oh she MUST be kidnapped, bc she doesn't drink."

He has access to her phone records...look and see who she talked to. Since her phone and iPad are synced, look for her location...Find My iPhone.

Family requesting blood hounds right out the gate, and husband hiring a helicopter...why be so sure she's dead?

The husband is very talkative about the details according to him, and seems to be making things up as he goes. Watch his interview again and notice these things.

Recent weight loss and improvements to her appearance (tanning and all that)...maybe she was seeing someone on the side, someone new, and husband found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak