GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something odd to me and it might have already been addressed. To the REAs - wouldn't you at least have a name of the person you are showing the property to? Albeit it would probably have been a fake name in this case, but still...

Something odd to me and it might have already been addressed. To the REAs - wouldn't you at least have a name of the person you are showing the property to? Albeit it would probably have been a fake name in this case, but still...

Yes, I have a notebook I write notes in, the caller info, the property they are interested in, their contact info and I jot down other info as we talk. If this person called into the office and were transferred to her mobile phone it may be hard to capture that call, since it would probably show as an office call in, at least that's how ours works.

First Time Poster: Is it possible that Beverly's abductor (if that's what happened) tricked her by asking her to show him another piece of real estate and said he would drive them there with the intention of abducting her. Would a realtor get into a car with a perspective client? Just wondering....
Thanks.

Welcome TechGirl. Great first post. :)

:welcome5:

I'm not female so I'm prohibited from purchasing a hinky-meter so I'll just say I'm getting the vibe that this was not a stranger abduction.

I agree.

image.jpg

Those bushes are huge, wise choice for someone planning an abduction at an empty home.

ETA: although that's quite the peep view from the home right next door. Really close.

Likely not related, but posting for reference:

Child Abduction Attempts Reported in Northwest Arkansas
06/12/2014
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/child-abduction-attempts-reported-in-northwest-ark/10228/-o9TOEtK3ESDgXS-vEbCEw

"HUNTSVILLE, AR (KNWA) - The search is on in Boone and Carroll counties for two men who may be trying to abduct children."
"That's until law enforcement in Boone County and Berryville said they've had similar incidents happen in the last couple of days, with the same dark blue minivan, same two men and each time trying to lure a child into the car."

Also:
06/12/2014
Possible Attempted Abduction/Suspicious Vehicle
http://boonesheriff.com/press_view.php?id=661

And:
Police investigating 'person of interest' in attempted kidnapping
Posted: Jul 29, 2014
http://www.katv.com/story/26140473/benton-girl-reports-attempted-kidnapping

He probably referred her to Beverly because she is actually a resident of the area and knows it well. If you were looking for something outside of LR or NLR and on the north side of the river, she'd be a perfect agent.

This could mean that they contacted the listing agent, and she referred them to Beverly because she was unavailable to show it. She may not realize how lucky she is.

If this was referral, wouldn't we have more information from the referring agent regarding the prospective client? It seems that agent would come forward and say how the contact was made and perhaps be able to shed a little light on it.

Also, I understand she had two showings that evening and did not make it to the 2nd one. Are we to assume the 2nd showing was for the same client or was it a different appointment?

If this was referral, wouldn't we have more information from the referring agent regarding the prospective client? It seems that agent would come forward and say how the contact was made and perhaps be able to shed a little light on it.

Also, I understand she had two showings that evening and did not make it to the 2nd one. Are we to assume the 2nd showing was for the same client or was it a different appointment?

I would guess this information is available. WE just don't know about it.

Speaking of info. we haven't been made privy to, any chance this could be ransom situation?

I think if the referring agent has that information, he has shared it with detectives.

It's been mentioned already in the thread but this really reminds me of the Suzy Lamplugh case in London and the mysterious "Mr Kipper". Still unsolved. :(

The texts are the most puzzling to me.

I'm not female so I'm prohibited from purchasing a hinky-meter so I'll just say I'm getting the vibe that this was not a stranger abduction.

Just popping in on this case...
All indications .. I have to agree with bwt42

Not Stranger...

Sounds like the perp was trying to buy time by texting, pretending to be her. If she had simply gone out for drinks, why wait until after midnight to text? I'm not buying it.

I hope they know where the phone pinged when the text was sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, if you were trying to stall for time by sending a text saying Beverly was out for drinks, wouldn't you send it before midnight? Supposedly she was showing the house around 5:30 so her family would most likely start worrying that Beverly wasn't home before midnight. If the family did start to worry (and it looks like they did) they would have gone to the last place she was going to be and found Beverly's car. I could be wrong (and I frequently am) but just a random person, unknown to Beverly Carter, seems unlikely to plan out this abduction so carefully. I'm not sure what happened here but it just feels strange to me. Of course, JMO.

I agree.

View attachment 60181

Those bushes are huge, wise choice for someone planning an abduction at an empty home.

ETA: although that's quite the peep view from the home right next door. Really close.
Really really close. If there were screams and those neighbors were home, they would have been heard. Seems a bit risky from that aspect. It makes me believe she was incapacitated before being abducted.

Realtor question- why would you refer a cash sale?

There a whole whopping lot of people who say they have cash, who have none. A WHOLE LOT

If they do have cash but the home they want to see is more than an hour drive away, you are probably wasting your time since you will show many many foreclosed homes before you sell even one. Better to cut your losses and refer it out for 25% referral fee. There is only a small chance that this particular home is the one they will buy, if they buy at all.

Many people don't realize that Realtors don't get get paid a dime to show homes. We pay all of our own expenses, we get zero benefits, and we pay our broker and the local and national associations and we pay for the multiple listing service. We pay our own advertising costs and gas and car expenses too. Oh, almost forgot- we pay all of that after we pay our own taxes, which we must pay quarterly. Sometimes it prudent to refer it to a Realtor who is near the home in question. We only get paid a commission on the home we sell, and we don't get that until the deal closes.

The person who called Beverly could have told her that they were referred by...( whomever ), but the truth is they picked the name out of the phone book.

This is very unusual. Pretty much every murder of real estate agents has involved leaving their bodies inside the homes they were showing. Seems very unusual to actually abduct a realtor like this. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum