GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All that's standing out to me right now is that this potentially seems to be quite a well planned abduction, not your average abduction off the street...Someone potentially targeted her in advance and lured her there for a specific reason. This is what stands apart from some other cases we see here on WS (crimes of opportunity). jmo

The skinny stranger & pick up truck are mentioned here. Also it states that her car was unlocked....I thought it was locked. I'm not sure anymore!

"A desperate husband has spoken of his despair at the disappearance of his real estate agent wife, who vanished showing a property to an unknown would-be buyer just as locals spotted a stranger pull up in a pick-up truck."

"Beverly Carter, 49, disappeared from a foreclosed home in Scott, Arkansas, after going to an appointment with an unknown buyer on Thursday, sparking a huge search effort."

"Her husband Carl Carter, who found her car abandoned outside the house, which was left unlocked and open, said 'I'm going to try to be strong as best I can - I just want my wife back'."

"His plea came as one neighbor revealed he saw a 'skinny white man' pull up at the house in a pick-up truck around the time of the disappearance."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tential-buyer-two-days-ago.html#ixzz3Ed8Y9fZB

There is also a comment on the Find Beverly page that 2 neighbors also saw a silver car in the drive, first pulled in then later backed in and at one point Beverly's car, the truck and the silver car were there at the same time. If this is true it certainly puts a spin into things. As close as the houses are, I have no doubt a neighbor would have seen other vehicles there.I guess my question is, why isnt LE asking the publics help in locating this truck/car or whatever was saw in the drive?
This seems like a very important clue. Was it another agent and client? Was it the referring agent and "client" in a potential set up. Most concerning to me about this is the silver car being pulled in and then later backed in. Access from garage to trunk to put an incapacitated body.

(C'mon, think Margarita, think, think...)

eta: it might be helpful to holler at Foxfire and get him/her in here (not sure if Foxfire' has been following Beverly's case, will send a pm). Foxfire might have some insight on what type of perp we are potentially dealing with here from a profiling perspective (organized vs disorganized, etc.), location aspects, etc.

eta: Right now I'm going with "organized".

I think it's pretty well known that if someone plans to harm another person, they usually take them to another location where they will feel they won't be seen. This is why we are warned that if someone wants you to get in the car, even at gunpoint, don't go and resist with all your might! They want you to go with them so they can take you to a place they will feel safer committing the crime. JMHO but I do believe she was incapacitated and taken from this house to somewhere else in the area. God bless her and her family. I am hoping for a good outcome.

bwt42 said:
Wouldn't a female agent be aware of a possible attack. I think such a possibility would have been thought out & how to react to it. Once you get in the perps car, its over?
You would be suprised the number of agents who never think about safety/danger. I had a top producer the other day tell me she was alone in the woods with two buyers she had never met and thought gosh these guys could kill me and no one would know. Another agent I know routinely rides with her clients to showings. So many people have no sense of danger or fear of others.

The texts are very odd.

Her husband said he received a text from his wife around 1 a.m. Friday but that it didn't sound like her at all.

"All of a sudden I received three texts in a row. One said 'Yes.'… Then she sent another text that said, 'My phone's low. The battery's down, and I'll call you whenever I get signal.' …And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said 'Oh, I'm out drinking with some friends,'" he recited. "Beverly's not a drinker…

You would be suprised the number of agents who never think about safety/danger. I had a top producer the other day tell me she was alone in the woods with two buyers she had never met and thought gosh these guys could kill me and no one would know. Another agent I know routinely rides with her clients to showings. So many people have no sense of danger or fear of others.

I'm much closer in personality to people who willingly go places with strangers, and wouldn't think much of going out on a showing with a perfect stranger, even in the woods. In my life people who are very fearful and take real precautions not to be targeted are the ones who usually are. I really don't know how to explain that but it seems true. The greater fear a person has of being a victim the more likely it seems they will be one.

I think they should be looking for some dude that has a beef with her husband too. This seems almost like the perp is toying with the husband just to torture him. Why the perp would have let her send out 3 texts after she disappeared doesn't make sense in the least.

It seems as if the perp was just playing around with her phone to see what kind of response he was going to get back, the more the husband replied "Where are you, where are you ?", the more enjoyment this crackpot got out of it.

Telling him that the battery was fixing to die was just more torture. I would imagine her phone was completely disabled shortly after that.

Yes I definitely think this should be looked into. It has an aura of taunting and baiting - just a sick type of thing. On the flip side, what perp keeps a cell phone unless he is just incredibly stupid!

So far, I don't think the husband had anything to do with it, unless, she was taken because someone had a beef with the husband. I do have some questions and comments below about what led you to your opinion. RSBM.

The husband doesn't ever mention calling her when he didn't find her in the house.
My understanding is that he had been trying to reach her and when he couldn't, he went to the house.

The lockbox is gone. Obviously perp isn't versed on how they work and got prints all over them, subsequently creating the need to destroy the box (or cut it off in some way).
That's what I thought too at first. But per the police report, the key was missing. http://inmannews.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Beverly-Carter.pdf

Husband got texts from her at 1am after she was reported missing with inaccurate statements (going to have drinks)..did he call the phone at that time? Did he immediately call the police to tell them that he got communication from her phone?
IMO the husband was with police at this point in time.

From the police report, they began searching and securing the scene around 0047...
Per the police report, he was dispatchd at 22:47 and they searched a second house by 00:22. I am wondering if we are reading two different versions of a police report, and if so, it would be important to see both.

He has access to her phone records...look and see who she talked to. Since her phone and iPad are synced, look for her location...Find My iPhone
If she has Find My iPhone on her phone, this will make the case A LOT easier. Do you know from the media that she does? It may be one of the things that LE isn't telling us yet.. I really hope she does.

Do we know what the husband drives?

Thinking lout loud, whomever Beverly went to meet, he/she must have been rather convincing, seemed professional /well to do ("cash referral"). I'm going with an older male right now...50s or 60s?

The texts are very odd.

Her husband said he received a text from his wife around 1 a.m. Friday but that it didn't sound like her at all.

"All of a sudden I received three texts in a row. One said 'Yes.'… Then she sent another text that said, 'My phone's low. The battery's down, and I'll call you whenever I get signal.' …And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said 'Oh, I'm out drinking with some friends,'" he recited. "Beverly's not a drinker…

Interesting texts. I don't believe for a minute she wrote those - they are bizarre. My guess is, "whenever" is a huge red flag. People who know that's incorrect don't use it - you can so often tell a fraud by grammatical errors or misspellings.

I believe Beverly was taken from the house alive. People keep saying the area is desolate, but there are neighbors and it's a tight knit community.

That's what I'm thinking right now anyway. She was taken alive and was caught off guard to exit her car without her purse and cell.

Are there any cameras on the property, neighboring lots, etc?

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but in the 70's a realtor went missing in Arkansas. Mary Shinn. She was never found. In this case they believe it was a guy she had shown the house to previously. I think it's the same in this case. I don't live in Little Rock but about an hour west in Russellville.

I did someone line searching and read her bio from her company. One thing I noticed were the testimonials from former clients, many of them had full names. So a "referral" could have been from a friend, a former client, a colleague with a scheduling conflict, etc... Another thought I had is that the perp could have just thrown out a name of a former client (pulled from her bio) and acted like they were referred by that client. I hope that LE has more info on the referral aspect.

(Seeing more and more cases here on WS where the perp sends texts pretending to be the victim)

Interesting texts. I don't believe for a minute she wrote those - they are bizarre. My guess is, "whenever" is a huge red flag. People who know that's incorrect don't use it - you can so often tell a fraud by grammatical errors or misspellings.
Funny imo because that sounds exactly how a few people I know talk.
not arguing.... just an observation.

I did someone line searching and read her bio from her company. One thing I noticed were the testimonials from former clients, many of them had full names. So a "referral" could have been from a friend, a former client, a colleague with a scheduling conflict, etc... Another thought I had is that the perp could have just thrown out a name of a former client (pulled from her bio) and acted like they were referred by that client. I hope that LE has more info on the referral aspect.

Good thought...

The texts are very odd.

That's a far cry from being professional and indicates an amateur.Or someone that didn't know what they were doing and actually it looks staged. ( the texts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum