GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny imo because that sounds exactly how a few people I know talk.

I know. There are people who say that, like there are people who say "mines" instead of "mine". I just think when you see that, it's a clue. It's a piece of the puzzle.

So. Since there is good reason to believe it wasn't Beverly who texted - do they have pings from where the texts were sent?

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but in the 70's a realtor went missing in Arkansas. Mary Shinn. She was never found. In this case they believe it was a guy she had shown the house to previously. I think it's the same in this case. I don't live in Little Rock but about an hour west in Russellville.

I remember that!
Also don't laugh but there was a Criminal Minds episode on this very type disappearance.

I would say she would be more likely to been have abducted by boat. So, where does this body of water lead to?

Funny imo because that sounds exactly how a few people I know talk.
not arguing.... just an observation.

Is that a regional way to speak? Because I've run into people who say that too - and I wonder if you can pin point that to a region of the country or a specific area of upbringing.

I'm pondering on whether this perp potentially just saw her online then planned a meeting vs initally met/saw her in person...

Could she have possibly met with him before as a client, and trust was established?

Also, if this person had seen Beverly before in person...
I wonder if there were any home repairs, etc done in the home? Renovations, etc?
Who all has been in the Carter household, say, over the past month? Any workers?

Does Beverly attend a gym? Church?

Is that a regional way to speak? Because I've run into people who say that too - and I wonder if you can pin point that to a region of the country or a specific area of upbringing.

My experience, in SE, Va., South Carolina, North Carolina oh and West Va.

Something like this happened to a local realtor here in Charlotte a few years back. Showed a place alone and was later found dead though. Unsure if they ever found the person who did it.

You would be suprised the number of agents who never think about safety/danger. I had a top producer the other day tell me she was alone in the woods with two buyers she had never met and thought gosh these guys could kill me and no one would know. Another agent I know routinely rides with her clients to showings. So many people have no sense of danger or fear of others.

In the interview with Beverly's husband, he stated that Beverly was aware of the potential dangers, which leads me to believe she potentially trusted this person for whatever reason.

I think that the texts were from the perp, just to buy time, thinking that the husband would delay notifying the police. He had no idea that she had already been reported missing. I'm sure Carl and others were texting and trying to call her cell phone. this would result in pings and the police are able to triangulate the pings and get an idea of where the phone was moving.

I'm in Arkansas and this whole thing seems rather fast for this region of the country.

Thinking outside the box for a minute (I know a skinny male was seen), but I can't help but wonder if there might have been a jealous female, maybe a coworker or perhaps some sort of competitor, occupational or otherwise? Just a thought...

I say "whenever I get a signal" and yes I'm from the south.:blushing:

In the interview with Beverly's husband, he stated that Beverly was aware of the potential dangers, which leads me to believe she potentially trusted this person for whatever reason.
The last time that house sold was in 2010. It's on Zillow and has been bank owned and pulled off the market several times. This home has been empty for awhile.

All that's standing out to me right now is that this potentially seems to be quite a well planned abduction, not your average abduction off the street...Someone potentially targeted her in advance and lured her there for a specific reason. This is what stands apart from some other cases we see here on WS (crimes of opportunity). jmo

I agree. It does remind me of the Lindsay Buziak case. In that case it is believed that a couple planned Lindsay's murder. They used a throw away cell phone to lure her to a very high end house. She was not the listing agent for the property. They supposedly killed her inside the house, leaving her there.

Something about this has a Tim Bosma-ish vibe...jmo Must be the meeting up for a prospective sale aspect. Which brings us back to the creepy Craigslist post...

How long has the house been vacant? Has that house had any recent work done on it? When? By whom?

Also, any incidents of squatting?

Does this home have a basement? TIA (not sure what significance that would have, lol, asking anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum