GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"All of a sudden I received three texts in a row. One said 'Yes.'… Then she sent another text that said, 'My phone's low. The battery's down, and I'll call you whenever I get signal.' …And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said 'Oh, I'm out drinking with some friends,'" he recited. "Beverly's not a drinker…"

It seems to me that if the perp was trying to keep the husband from being alerted that she was in danger they would have sent the texts earlier, the fact that they were sent at 1AM is a major red flag.

Apparently the "yes" was a reply to his text asking if everything was alright. That would have been sent by him hours earlier.

Also, which was it...the phone battery was low or they were out of signal range? Why state both? Is the area where the house is within her signal area? Would the texts have been written earlier in the evening but written from an out signal area and then auto sent when the phone was back in a signal area? The phone pings should be a major clue to LE, correct?

Another thing I find strange is that it seems to me that a person wanting to abduct someone from an area with other homes around them would have closed the door. Even if their hands were occupied with a struggling victim, it seems they would have know leaving a door open would potentially alert a passerby and closed it with their foot. Especially if going to the trouble of sending out fake texts.

Do realtors typically leave the front door open when showing the house? If I am to try get inside the brain of an abductor, it seems I would leave with my victim through a back door or attached garage, not a front door where I could be easily seen. Although, if it were dark I guess it would not be as much of an issue.

Holly Bobo being "led off" comes to mind...

Jumping off your post, so if this is the case, she might be in the opposite direction from where her phone pinged? :thinking:

This would mean the perp would be smart (or experienced) enough to be aware of pings...

Or very dumb to use her phone to text. I don't think he's dumb. To me he seems purposeful, he didn't take her handbag or wallet or any other personal items (that we know of) to make it appear to be a robbery. He wanted her.

It is also a possibility that she DID show the house to a legitimate person and this crime occurred after they had left and she was turning off lights/locking up the house. Not everyone watches the news. I know that if it were my husband in this situation, and he'd just been shown a home, he would have no clue at all that the realtor was missing because he doesn't watch/read the news often at all.

I'm sure LE knows this information already, but we do not.

"All of a sudden I received three texts in a row. One said 'Yes.'… Then she sent another text that said, 'My phone's low. The battery's down, and I'll call you whenever I get signal.' …And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said 'Oh, I'm out drinking with some friends,'" he recited. "Beverly's not a drinker…"

It seems to me that if the perp was trying to keep the husband from being alerted that she was in danger they would have sent the texts earlier, the fact that they were sent at 1AM is a major red flag.

Apparently the "yes" was a reply to his text asking if everything was alright. That would have been sent by him hours earlier.

Also, which was it...the phone battery was low or they were out of signal range? Why state both? Is the area where the house is within her signal area? Would the texts have been written earlier in the evening but written from an out signal area and then auto sent when the phone was back in a signal area? The phone pings should be a major clue to LE, correct?

Another thing I find strange is that it seems to me that a person wanting to abduct someone from an area with other homes around them would have closed the door. Even if their hands were occupied with a struggling victim, it seems they would have know leaving a door open would potentially alert a passerby and closed it with their foot. Especially if going to the trouble of sending out fake texts.

Do realtors typically leave the front door open when showing the house? If I am to try get inside the brain of an abductor, it seems I would leave with my victim through a back door or attached garage, not a front door where I could be easily seen. Although, if it were dark I guess it would not be as much of an issue.

That's what I'm wondering, they were in a remote location and then back to an area with a signal? Do you know where the pings were? I think I saw it on map somewhere.

It is also a possibility that she DID show the house to a legitimate person and this crime occurred after they had left and she was turning off lights/locking up the house. Not everyone watches the news. I know that if it were my husband in this situation, and he'd just been shown a home, he would have no clue at all that the realtor was missing because he doesn't watch/read the news often at all.

I had the same thought. But if she were showing another home (supposedly) to the same client and they were legit, wouldn't they have followed her to the next home?

I think this is an excellent point, and plausible. I thought about this as well, however, even though some people don't watch the news, I still think there is a good chance he would have heard about it, but you never know...as I've stated before, when Jessica Ridgeway disappeared, there were many locals who were clueless about her abduction and murder occurring.

But exploring this idea further, that would mean someone either knew the house was vacant, or happened to be in the area---a neighbor would come to mind in this situation (we see so many neighbors involved in cases like this, but usually relating to child abductions) jmo

I had the same thought. But if she were showing another home (supposedly) to the same client and they were legit, wouldn't they have followed her to the next home?

Are we sure it was the same client?

Holly Bobo being "led off" comes to mind...
If it wasn't another realtor trying to take her out it could be possibly someone coming by that displayed some type of problem, then forced her into the car. I don't really think anyone was ever inside the house to begin with. It sounds like she was there for some time and was perhaps looking at the road for someone to show up. Maybe someone drove by and she thought it was the potential buyer. It's a time factor I am talking about.

I think this is an excellent point, and plausible. I thought about this as well, however, even though some people don't watch the news, I still think there is a good chance he would have heard about it, but you never know...as I've stated before, when Jessica Ridgeway disappeared, there were many locals who were clueless about her abduction and murder occurring.

But exploring this idea further, that would mean someone either knew the house was vacant, or happened to be in the area---a neighbor would come to mind in this situation (we see so many neighbors involved in cases like this, but usually relating to child abductions) jmo

Yes, a neighbor.

Maybe this is someone she knows, maybe this is a creepo person who has been "in love" with her for a long time? Maybe he lured here there with the pretense of him being someone else, and when she saw him, she said, "It's you? WTH"? Again, just thinking out loud, trying to entertain some different scenarios.

I saw plenty of tears in his interviews.

Since this was a foreclosure could it have been the former owner enacting a revenge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Okay, so potentially working this from the outside in...(crap just forgot my thought)...will leave this post here for a sec in case I remember, lol, if not, will delete)

If she had a stalker, she would have told someone, no way you keep that to yourself, imo. And if she were suspect about the person she was meeting, I would think she would have said something about that too. Her husband seemed to really think that it was a legit buyer, so I think she did too, until now anyway.

Standard LE protocol would have included a neighborhood canvas. I hope this was done thoroughly. And repeatedly.

Didn't someone local state up thread that there were some public areas nearby that has become increasingly dodgy with vagrant looking types or am I imagining that post?

Didn't someone local state up thread that there were some public areas nearby that has become increasingly dodgy with vagrant looking types or am I imagining that post?

Yes, I remember that too...by the river, iirc? Maybe not...

Anyone know when it gets dark and if the house had power? Many times the power and water are turned off on bank owned props.

(I would like to hear Foxfire's thoughts on perps who target women over 40--jmo. We've seen some really terrible cases here to know that perps have all sorts of preferences as far as victims go; also some do not draw lines re: age, race, etc. One of the worst cases I've ever seen on here was the murder and rape of a 70 something year old woman).

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but in the 70's a realtor went missing in Arkansas. Mary Shinn. She was never found. In this case they believe it was a guy she had shown the house to previously. I think it's the same in this case. I don't live in Little Rock but about an hour west in Russellville.

The client was supposedly a couple from Russellville, according to what the real estate agency was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum