GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"All of a sudden I received three texts in a row. One said 'Yes.'… Then she sent another text that said, 'My phone's low. The battery's down, and I'll call you whenever I get signal.' …And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said 'Oh, I'm out drinking with some friends,'" he recited. "Beverly's not a drinker…"

It seems to me that if the perp was trying to keep the husband from being alerted that she was in danger they would have sent the texts earlier, the fact that they were sent at 1AM is a major red flag.

Apparently the "yes" was a reply to his text asking if everything was alright. That would have been sent by him hours earlier.

Also, which was it...the phone battery was low or they were out of signal range? Why state both? Is the area where the house is within her signal area? Would the texts have been written earlier in the evening but sent from an out of signal area and then auto sent when the phone was back in a signal area? The phone pings should be a major clue to LE, correct?

Another thing I find strange is that it seems to me that a person wanting to abduct someone from an area with other homes around them would have closed the door. Even if their hands were occupied with a struggling victim, it seems they would have known leaving a door open would potentially alert a passerby and closed it with their foot. Especially if going to the trouble of sending out fake texts.

Do realtors typically leave the front door open when showing the house? If I am to try get inside the brain of an abductor, it seems I would leave with my victim through a back door or attached garage, not a front door where I could be easily seen. Although, if it were dark I guess it would not be as much of an issue.

I always enter through the front door and definitely leave the door open if I'm with an unfamiliar person... like someone else said, if there's a dead bolt, I turn it so the door won't shut all the way for a quick get-away... just in case. From this day forward, though, a pistol will also be within easy reach within my purse.

I always enter through the front door and definitely leave the door open if I'm with an unfamiliar person... like someone else said, if there's a dead bolt, I turn it so the door won't shut all the way for a quick get-away... just in case. From this day forward, though, a pistol will also be within easy reach within my purse.
I take my gun if I am at all nervous about the client.. several in my office have stun guns also.

Is there a scanner thread for her? Just wondering if there is a channel for that area? I'm not very smart when it comes to the scanner things.

I do know that in some cases, a text will go through when a phone call will not. When we used to stay at a cabin, we couldn't get cell service, but could text back and forth.

I just recently received a text from my DH ***twenty*** days after he texted it & I knew that because it said the date of the text on it. It is rare for me to receive a text that late. I have Verizon & an I-phone.

What do we know about the original broker/agent, the one who BC was "referred" by??

I just recently received a text from my DH ***twenty*** days after he texted it & I knew that because it said the date of the text on it. It is rare for me to receive a text that late. I have Verizon & an I-phone.

Yes, I have had that happen too. My post was referring to someone upline who I thought was asking how a text could go through when cell service for a call wasn't sufficient.

What do we know about the original broker/agent, the one who BC was "referred" by??
I'm not even sure this was an official referral it could of been a referral from a friend or previous client.. does anyone else know?

Is there a scanner thread for her? Just wondering if there is a channel for that area? I'm not very smart when it comes to the scanner things.

I second that motion! I'm so antsy, I keep refreshing, walking away, trying not to refresh again every few minutes. Usually I would be resigned to the probability that he killed her that first night but cops were on the trail so soon and no body, no bloody crime scene...I have hope that she might be stashed away somewhere, still alive.

Where are the scanner peeps? help!

Yes, the one by David D Terry Lock and Dam. There are pavilions, camp sites, boat ramps. I once went to a family reunion there and a company I worked for had a family day picnic there once. But yes, teenagers have for years liked to hang out there and drink and probably use drugs. I think that may be what the poster meant by "unsavory" people hanging around.

Do you mean this place Marple? ( i hope this link works :blushing: )

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/park_map.php?cgid=12102

ETA: Snipped...

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Arkansas/Scott.html

Do we know who/when someone, other than her husband, last saw BC before the showing?

It just hit me. If this was someone who knew her, he'd know that. Clearly whoever sent that text, was a.) not her and b.) someone that doesn't know her. They clearly just assumed (wrongly) that would be a believable excuse for her not being home.

Maybe he did know her and sent that text about the drinks to make it seem as though he didn't know her, YKWIM?

Pulaski County...But i think they're encrypted :(

ETA: although I'm not SMRT about that topic either :blushing:

I'm not even sure this was an official referral it could of been a referral from a friend or previous client.. does anyone else know?

Yes it is confusing, however I think it is important to know something about the source, where this stemmed from, it was a person, who is this person? Is it true that we are to believe BC was showing the property in another person's place? Why was BC referred? Why could this person not do the showing? I am on a train of thought, but I want to know more, before I proceed with it.
If I was that person, I would be very upset to know that my name was even used in such a situation "If" it was not a legit referral, and even if it was "legit"- I would feel awful. KWIM?

The fact that a neighbor saw 3 vehicles at some point, is bothering me as well.

Maybe he did know her and sent that text about the drinks to make it seem as though he didn't know her, YKWIM?

Maybe she did know him/them/her and really did leave for drinks...

:dunno:

A dear friend of mine lives around 5-6 miles away from where Mrs. Carter was showing the home. When I have visited them, I could not get cell service and I know that they have issues from time to time. It's been awhile since I've visited so equipment for cell service may be better now. My friend and his wife passed the crime scene truck en route to Scott. They were leaving to go on a vacation though so I can't get any additional local information. All of my family is from southern and central AR (not that that means anything..lol). My husband is a telecommunications engineer. Although I believe he primarily works with VoIP now, I'm sure he still knows things about cellular service. He may be able to lend some clarity to cell related questions.

I was talking about my own experience and the mind-set of an individual doing this. There is no reciprocation, here. And there isn't, clearly. That is why I said "non-payment" and simply not caring.. or "no compassion." IMO.. I think this individual has paper trail of not paying. or cheap-- A cash buyer for a discount, yada. yada.

I don't believe the individual ever intended to buy the house; I believe he intended to abduct Beverly.

I like both of the properties and can see why someone would be interested in either one. The one bedroom log cabin is on 1/2 acre. You could easily live in the house while you build a bigger place, then sell the one bedroom or rent it out. The other house is older, and HUGE. I think I saw that it was built in 1975 so it probably needs some updates.

It is also a possibility that she DID show the house to a legitimate person and this crime occurred after they had left and she was turning off lights/locking up the house. Not everyone watches the news. I know that if it were my husband in this situation, and he'd just been shown a home, he would have no clue at all that the realtor was missing because he doesn't watch/read the news often at all.

I'm sure LE knows this information already, but we do not.

I thought about this, but then I thought that surely that client would have attempted to get in contact with Beverly after the showing (to see more properties, to put an offer in on the one they looked at, ask questions, SOMETHING) and when he/she couldn't I think their next step would be to contact her office, at which point the office and/or LE would have record of who that person was. I don't think a legit client would just drop all contact with a realtor minutes after showing a house.

I also thought (although I could be wrong) that this person had scheduled 2 showings with her, back to back. If that was the case, why didn't that client think it was suspicious when Beverly didn't show up at the second showing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98