GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at someone's profile who seems hinky to me and ran across this truck in the background of one of their photos (people in pic cut out)View attachment 60213....would you say this is a slate gray truck like the one described by a witness? I know it is hard to tell the color from a pic...just throwing this out there for opinions.

That looks slate gray to me, but didn't the description given say it was "beat up"?

I've been looking at someone's profile who seems hinky to me and ran across this truck in the background of one of their photos (people in pic cut out)View attachment 60213....would you say this is a slate gray truck like the one described by a witness? I know it is hard to tell the color from a pic...just throwing this out there for opinions.

I think you should turn it into LE. "Beat up" could be left to one's perspective.

Interesting texts. I don't believe for a minute she wrote those - they are bizarre. My guess is, "whenever" is a huge red flag. People who know that's incorrect don't use it - you can so often tell a fraud by grammatical errors or misspellings.

I see it a lot in writings, interviews, etc. from the more middle America area a fair biy. And as it's not used where I live, it's always made me cringe because it ran counter to anything we'd have ever been allowed to say or write in school or university.

But now, seeing it more and more, including on TV shows, it's clearly something that at least has some degree of regional use.

And realizing I'm fessing up to watching 'quality' TV to get a break from reality (ha ha) and including this specifically because they're also in Arkansas... Many of the Duggars use it. A lot. "Whenever we got engaged we began ____" And you hear it with others that they're talking to.

So has the realtor that supposedly referred this client to our missing realtor spoken out?

The hubby in the interview said this last known customer came as a "referral" so if so from whom & how much data did they collect before referring?

Usually there's a referral fee collected so often it's important to get a lot of info from a perspective customer before referring out. And why was this customer referred?
It could have also been a referral from a friend or past client. I get those all the time. Are we even sure it was a referral? Someone link me the quote about "referral" please.
TIA

Why would only retired people be interested in the house?

I'm nowhere near retirement age and have looked at a number of very random foreclosures because they're often a great deal. And as a result, they are often a great investment (especially if you get one that needs a lot of work)

One has to have the time to remodel it. It needs a complete rehab from 1975. (IMO)

One has to have the time to remodel it. It needs a complete rehab from 1975. (IMO)
In my area many people not just retired ones buy foreclosures to remodel to live in or to flip. Construction works that work shut downs have time off, people that work offshore have time off, or they hire someone to do the work. Actually very rarely do I have a retired person buy a remodel or a flip, and I work with a lot of foreclosures.

One has to have the time to remodel it.

My husband works full time and gutted and remodeled a home (built in 1962) by himself, only using pros for complex plumbing and electrical work. He also lived in the house while he was working on it. I wouldn't ever recommend it, but it can be done.

:seeya:
Okay guys unless you are brand new, you know the drill. We do not allow speculation about the husband/wife/child/family in regards to any case, unless they are named as a suspect or POI by police. We consider all family members victims. So please do not go there. TIA

The house was originally built in 1975 but that's not to say that it hasn't been updated since then.

In my area many people not just retired ones buy foreclosures to remodel to live in or to flip. Construction works that work shut downs have time off, people that work offshore have time off, or they hire someone to do the work. Actually very rarely do I have a retired person buy a remodel or a flip, and I work with a lot of foreclosures.

By the time I retire, the last thing I'm gonna want to do is spend all my time working....on a house.

It could have also been a referral from a friend or past client. I get those all the time. Are we even sure it was a referral? Someone link me the quote about "referral" please.
TIA

Of course the "referral" could be from a previous client or even a friend BUT why it sets my hanky meter a tad blinky is that it was her hubby who claimed it was a "referral" in his interview (see post 466).

Personally, I could count on one hand the number of times I told my hubby the source of a potential customer---that would be unnecessary info unless hubby knew the referring party personally, iykwim?

A "couple" could explain two cars. They may have driven there separately after work. And they could have been legit (as I theorized before) and this had nothing to do with a "fake" showing.

Seems like about an hour and a half apart would be quite a distance for most to drive in separate cars to the same destination probably?

But I could see someone having said it was going to be a couple, then one showing up alone, to sort of catch her off guard.

Say like if the first arrived and said, "Oh my ____ (spouse/partner/friend/whatever) had to make a stop on the way over for ___ (a drink? gas? whatever). They'll be right here. Let's start looking through the house. They'll be right here." Or something along that line.

Then Bev could have been in the house with one, and if the other came in (especially if with a weapon) it'd be very easy for two to take her down, especially if she's got her guard down with a friendly client and they're chatting slowly going through the house, and she's expecting the other to be just as 'normal,' only to have someone essentially then corner her.

And it'd be really easy if a female arrived first because in most cases, that'd cause another female to let her guard down even more. Out numbered, cornered, one with a weapon, or all of those together could really have her in a bind with few options. Especially if a second person came up from behind and overpowered her so she couldn't try to use her phone.

It's been touched on a little, but there is also the chance that someone had a beef with her husband due to business dealings and was taking revenge out on the thing that was most important to him - his wife. Did his company "stiff" a client? That could make someone pretty angry. Has anybody looked up the husband's construction company to see if there are any complaints against it? <modsnip> Are they part of the Better Business Bureau? I'm going to check myself. It could also be a fellow or former employee that was at odds with her husband and exacted revenge as well. Just trying to cover all the bases here. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

I dont get why LE isnt asking media to report about the truck. Seems they would want tips so they could find it and question the person. Unless they already know or have something stronger and dont think that truck is involved.

In all I've seen, or not seen in regards to this case, I almost believe she left of her own free will. JMO.
Her husband was very quick to state they were happy and had no issues. Either way, I hope she's found safe.

That's what I was indicating... but still partying really? I could think of a better excuse for a 51 year old woman and partying wouldn't be part of the answer. I think that was sent just to throw everything off or someone else has her cell phone. It could have been left on the road.. or still in the house. Her husband didn't arrive for three and half hours.

Given there were the texts to the co-worker/friend around 7:30 that LE also aren't thinking were from Beverly, I wonder if the texts to the husband could have been an attempt (to some extent) to "follow up" on the earlier texts?

Essentially trying to create a whole story that fit somehow? Perhaps thinking if one checked with the other (or if/when LE looked at the phone/log) that it'd seem she might actually have sent them all?

It just seems like those earlier texts being in question (especially since timeline wise they're a whole lot closer to when she was last heard from compared to the texts to her husband) by LE and them seeming to think those aren't from her either, that there's something that's either a 'red flag' like the drinking in the ones to her husband or else awfully definitive evidence that makes them believe Bev wasn't at all able to be doing something under her own power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana