Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random musings:

1) I wonder why the defense is going to call Carl Carter, Sr. to the stand? Hmmmmm......

2) Much of the media talk today is discussing finding impartial jurors and, as expected, it is being reported that many of the potential jurors have heard of the case, but I really feel that once we step out of WS mode and into the "real world", we will find that not everyone is obsessing over every little detail like we sometimes tend to do. ;)

If not for me talking about it, my husband would have been one that might have heard that some realtor lady was killed, but otherwise would know nothing about anything else. He doesn't watch any news or read the paper, so if not for me he would have been a pretty clean slate. I'm sure there are many, many others out there just like him. My own mother watches only national news and when I've tried to discuss this case with her before she has NO idea what I'm even talking about, because she doesn't watch local news. I feel pretty good that they will be able to find a fair and impartial jury to hear the case. This is why I have to come talk about it here! I can't find anyone in real life to discuss it with! LOL

You are so right. I had no idea when I first came to this thread that our family would be moving to Little Rock this year. My husband has been there working already, since August and like your husband, he would know nothing about it, were it not for me, and I still doubt he would know the names. What I did find odd, was a lady in his office, sells real estate on the side, and I had him ask her if she was familiar with the case or Beverly and she said she had heard about it briefly. I thought for sure most realtors would have known more.

I bet AL was ticked off that they got him to the courthouse before 6 am and he didn't get to be surrounded by reporters. I'm sure he's will complain about that.

Jury has been seated in #ArronLewis murder trial.

[video=twitter;687009880868167681]https://twitter.com/DrewPetrimoulx/status/687009880868167681[/video]

And to answer our next question:

Marielle Mohs ‏@ElleMohs 50s50 seconds ago
Judge Wright has not made a decision on whether opening statements will be made or not today #ArronLewisTrial #THV11

Final breakdown of men/women:

Marielle Mohs ‏@ElleMohs 1m1 minute ago
Jury consists of 4 men, 10 women #THV11 #arronlewistrial

Gosh I wish this was televised. I wonder where the clothes came from? My biggest question is whether his dad will be there for the trial. He may have washed his hands of him.

I wonder if there has ever been a case of a lawyer strangling his own client in the middle of a trial? ;) :p

Just kidding. :D

Dang it! My fantasy will have to stay just that, for now. But, it's early in the game yet! ;)

Marielle Mohs ‏@ElleMohs 2m2 minutes ago
Defense Attorney Bill James asked defendant Arron Lewis to weigh in on jury selection #arronlewistrial #THV11

I updated my last post but here it is again.
Jury consists of 4 men and 10 women.

Gosh I wish this was televised. I wonder where the clothes came from? My biggest question is whether his dad will be there for the trial. He may have washed his hands of him.

Couldn't his lawyer have provided him with those? Could have been a family member, though!

I like this girl! She's been tweeting different info from some of the others:

Marielle Mohs ‏@ElleMohs 4m4 minutes ago
One juror, close to a officer in the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office. Another juror is a friend of a former ASP captain #ArronLewisTrial

Marielle Mohs ‏@ElleMohs 3m3 minutes ago
One juror has a husband in law school #ArronLewisTrial #THV11

edit: Drew was a little late to the game, but he finally showed up...and had a little extra to add. ;)

Drew Petrimoulx ‏@DrewPetrimoulx 1m1 minute ago Little Rock, AR
Jury panel consists of woman whose uncle was murdered, a close friend of former ASP capt.,
friend of Pulaski sheriff deputy. #ArronLewis

Jury panel consists of woman whose uncle was murdered, a close friend of former ASP capt.,
friend of Pulaski sheriff deputy. #ArronLewis
[video=twitter;687013342603444224]https://twitter.com/DrewPetrimoulx/status/687013342603444224[/video]

Sorry, jstkiddin. You're faster than I am. I'm a wee bit handicapped from my phone.

It's all good for now that there are so many women. I would think that would benefit Beverly and her family very much. However, with that said, I bet AL and Bill James are sweating. Well, maybe not. They're both so arrogant, they probably believe they can intimidate/sway the women jurors more easily than the men. Should be interesting.

I just feel so sorry for poor Carl Sr. having to testify. Breaks my heart! [emoji174]
I heard he is defending himself how true is that? Or do you know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No opening statements today. Carl Carter Jr. & wife just left the courthouse. Carl Jr. carrying pink roses. He Says remind him of mom #THV11

No, sorry, I do not know. My guess is he is testifying about the texts he received from Beverly's phone the night she was kidnapped, and no telling what else AL and CL pulled on the poor guy. Ransom, videos, recorded msgs of Beverly, etc.

Oh! Sorry, did you mean AL defending himself? He's already tried that route of pro se, didn't work out too good for him.

My apologies if I didn't understand you correctly.

Were you referring to Lewis or Carl Carter?

In case the former, Lewis was acting as his own lawyer for a while, until he figured out he was in over his head and asked for another lawyer. He is currently represented by Bill James.

No opening statements today. Carl Carter Jr. & wife just left the courthouse. Carl Jr. carrying pink roses. He Says remind him of mom #THV11
Whew! Pass the tissues, please!!!! [emoji22] [emoji22]

Couldn't his lawyer have provided him with those? Could have been a family member, though!

Very true. On another note, I saw where Carl jr posted they are getting pink tee shirts for all the supporters to wear. They will say #justiceforbeverly and #teamcarter. I hope they ask first. I can't imagine a judge allowing that to happen. Maybe this one will.

Judge says jury will be sworn in this afternoon. Opening statements in the morning. #ArronLewis #ARnews

Ugh, I really wish this news tweeter would use #beverlycarter instead of AL hashtag.

Very true. On another note, I saw where Carl jr posted they are getting pink tee shirts for all the supporters to wear. They will say #justiceforbeverly and #teamcarter. I hope they ask first. I can't imagine a judge allowing that to happen. Maybe this one will.

Surely the prosecutor will tell him what is appropriate! I hope so, at least. I have no idea what is and what is not allowed, but it would seem that could sort of be getting close to a gray area at best. To be very clear, it's NOT that I don't want to show support for the family and for Beverly!! Nothing could be farther from the truth! It's just that I want this guy to get the kind of trial where once he's found guilty, I want there to be ZERO reason to have to go back and look at it again! Ever! Lock him up and throw away the key! I don't want any reason for an appeal.

Surely the prosecutor will tell him what is appropriate! I hope so, at least. I have no idea what is and what is not allowed, but it would seem that could sort of be getting close to a gray area at best.

I thought so as well. I imagine there will be quite a large group of supporters. And you know AL attorney would have something to say about it. I hope this goes quickly for the Carter family. This is beyond what my mind can comprehend for them.

(I'm clipping the tweets yall posted above, for clarity---)

Drew Petrimoulx ‏@DrewPetrimoulx 1m1 minute ago Arkansas, USA
#ArronLewis taking lots of notes and highly involved in weeding out jurors. #ARnews

I am actually glad that Arron is being consulted over the jury selection. That will be harder to say later that the jury selection was faulty, when he chose them himself.

Marielle Mohs ‏@ElleMohs 4m4 minutes ago
One juror, close to a officer in the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office. Another juror is a friend of a former ASP captain #ArronLewisTrial

I have to say that him/ them choosing these individuals is a little surprising, and also feels like a possible set up for down the road, in Arron's mind. It is clear that Arron ALWAYS plans for the future with his present actions. I am hoping that the knowledge of these facts before they were selected will make it less likely for that to be brought up as a problem later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty