GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#ArronLewis attorney says defense narrative will center on affidavit written by Lewis saying he met Beverly Carter for sex. #ARnews
[video=twitter;687027723261186049]https://twitter.com/DrewPetrimoulx/status/687027723261186049[/video]

Awful!!! The evil ones are at work. We should've expected this from AL, but truly didn't believe his attorney would go along with it. Geeez!

[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87] [emoji107] [emoji21]

#ArronLewis attorney says defense narrative will center on affidavit written by Lewis saying he met Beverly Carter for sex. #ARnews
[video=twitter;687027723261186049]https://twitter.com/DrewPetrimoulx/status/687027723261186049[/video]

Awful!!! The evil ones are at work. We should've expected this from AL, but truly didn't believe his attorney would go along with it. Geeez!

[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87] [emoji107] [emoji21]

I would expect nothing less from either of them. Luckily, I think the victim blaming will backfire with a jury- especially a jury of women. There are so many holes in his actual theory/ account of how things went down that it will be nearly impossible to plug all those holes.

I was super afraid that was why they wanted her husband on the stand. :(

Our thoughts are with our fellow employee, Carl Carter, and his family. #TeamCarter #JusticeforBeverly https://t.co/LMRqbC4bMt

[video=twitter;686907183288680448]https://twitter.com/ArkBlueCross/status/686907183288680448[/video]

I'm so glad the Carters have such positive support. Not only from Carl Jr.'s workplace but countless others. Including myself!

I was super afraid that was why they wanted her husband on the stand. :(
If Bill James questions Carl Sr. (about Arron's sick minded lies on his "sex" affidavit) I don't think his son's will be able to stay in their seats. Lawdy! Lawdy! Lawdy!

So it sounds like his attorney is aware that the affidavit was posted on Facebook. There are so many things that it seems would be easy to disprove. If he had sex with her, like the affidavit said, they would be able to tell and I would have thought there would of been a rape charge. Wonder how they will explain away the call to Carl then. That wasn't anywhere mentioned in his affidavit.

So it sounds like his attorney is aware that the affidavit was posted on Facebook. There are so many things that it seems would be easy to disprove. If he had sex with her, like the affidavit said, they would be able to tell and I would have thought there would of been a rape charge. Wonder how they will explain away the call to Carl then. That wasn't anywhere mentioned in his affidavit.

It doesn't make any sense to me either, knowing what I already know, but I realize the jury doesn't know what I know. That said, even with what evidence is being thrown out, I still don't see how that crazy story (as it's written on AL FB page) can be made believable. And just to play devil's advocate for a minute, for sake of discussion, let's say that the premise is true....let's pretend for a minute that she did meet up for some extra-curricular activities.....that whole cockamamie story is super unbelievable!! Not saying I believe she met him for sex, just saying that his version is so super weird and crazy.....I'd love to see the spin they put on it to try to make 14 people believe it actually happened that way. I don't see it happening.

And the biggest thing that tells me it's all BS is......do we *really* think that CL would just plead and take 30 years if even HALF that affidavit was true and factual? Not a chance!!

I would expect nothing more from AL, but I feel like I'm in bizarro-alternate world here after finding out the lawyer is going along with it.

If Bill James questions Carl Sr. (about Arron's sick minded lies on his "sex" affidavit) I don't think his son's will be able to stay in their seats. Lawdy! Lawdy! Lawdy!

I think they have been well aware of this tactic. Carl jr had alluded to this in one of his Facebook posts. I'm sure they have prepared them well. Kind of like in the Casey Anthony trial they prepared her dad about all the garbage that was said about him.

It doesn't make any sense to me either, knowing what I already know. Even with what is being thrown out, I still don't see how that crazy story can be made believable. And just to play devil's advocate for a minute, for sake of discussion, let's say that the premise is true.....that whole cockamamie story is super unbelievable!!

And do we *really* think that CL would just plead and take 30 years if even HALF that affidavit was true and factual?

I feel like I'm in bizarro-alternate world here after finding out the lawyer is going along with it.

In the affidavit, he claimed that Beverly said her husband had been an alcoholic and that the police had been called a few times. That would be easy to verify. Also she supposedly said he had had a stroke. Another thing verifiable. Though Beverly could have said please don't worry my husband, he has had a stroke in the past. But even more than any of that, if Beverly was online responding to such ads (which I don't believe) that should be verifiable too. Remember the guy that posted the fantasy on Craigslist they tracked him down quickly.

I thought this guy was a hotshot attorney. I would be ashamed to use that affidavit. There are too many holes in the whole thing.

I'm sitting here with several tabs open to various Twitter pages....hoping the reporters tweet lots of updates. :waiting:

Hopefully arkansasmimi made it there and will be able to fill us in on the specifics later. I always get more information from her anyway. (and it's actually correct info....things like Scott instead of England! LOL)

Edit to add: This is a new one I hadn't seen before. She is supposedly covering the trial: https://twitter.com/chanleysha She appears to be a legal analyst for KARK.

FYI the reporters were all comparing notes and tweeting and comparing what to report.
They brought in Tues and Wed jurors. They called the we'd jurors to dismiss them at right before 3.

Carl Jr had pink roses in his brief case.

Took all day to sit, heard one juror saying they spoke with each juror and asked questions. **spoke not smoke oops

I think they have been well aware of this tactic. Carl jr had alluded to this in one of his Facebook posts. I'm sure they have prepared them well. Kind of like in the Casey Anthony trial they prepared her dad about all the garbage that was said about him.
I know. I just hate to see the man put through the Arron Lewis' fabricated affidavit "fantasy ranch" sex circus.

Awh, but lest we forget ol' Crystal and her testimony against AL. I seriously doubt she will agree she killed Beverly by smothering her with her "privates".

Honestly, even if everything said about Carl Sr is true, all of that can be found out without Beverly having ever mentioning it to Arron! He is good at TRYING to plug in holes and filling in blanks with things that seem like shocking information, when in reality, it is information that many people would already know and be able to feed him. When I read the affidavit, it definitely sounded like he found out information and plugged it in to act like she told him those things. Who discloses all of that information on a first date? That's quite convenient, Arron. Quite convenient. I, personally, think someone is sleuthing past information and giving it to his defense (or him directly) to use and then act like it was information he was told by Beverly. I think that is the lowest of the low and the ultimate tainting of a trial. It is insane that this trial is about Arron, but instead, Beverly and Carl Sr will be the ones under attack. I hope Carl Sr. pleads the 5th on everything. They should not be able to grill him over something that doesn't have anything to do with her death. Like jk said, lets assume she was going there for an affair (dont believe it, but lets assume). Dates don't involve dead bodies, burying them at your old job, duct tape or baseball bats. They don't. And if she really wanted Arron to text Carl because she was scared and needed to throw him off, don't you think it would be something other than "having drinks" when she doesnt even drink!

This is this reporter first trial to cover she was telling some people. Smh..
Phone was found in the house where AL and CL lived!!! :tantrum:

" Several pieces of evidence will not be used during the trial including a strand of Carter’s hair and her cell phone found in the trunk of his car because the judge ruled the evidence was obtained illegally.

THV11's Marielle Mohs has been following this case since the beginning. You can follow her updates on her Twitter account: https://twitter.com/ElleMohs "

This is this reporter first trial to cover she was telling some people. Smh..
Phone was found in the house where AL and CL lived!!! :tantrum:

" Several pieces of evidence will not be used during the trial including a strand of Carter’s hair and her cell phone found in the trunk of his car because the judge ruled the evidence was obtained illegally.

THV11's Marielle Mohs has been following this case since the beginning. You can follow her updates on her Twitter account: https://twitter.com/ElleMohs "

I thought she sounded very nervous. But for someone that has followed the case since the beginning, as they say, she should have her facts straight.

In the affidavit, he claimed that Beverly said her husband had been an alcoholic and that the police had been called a few times. That would be easy to verify. Also she supposedly said he had had a stroke. Another thing verifiable. Though Beverly could have said please don't worry my husband, he has had a stroke in the past. But even more than any of that, if Beverly was online responding to such ads (which I don't believe) that should be verifiable too. Remember the guy that posted the fantasy on Craigslist they tracked him down quickly.

I thought this guy was a hotshot attorney. I would be ashamed to use that affidavit. There are too many holes in the whole thing.

Hey he's the best one Green Stamps can buy. That part probably dated me, didn't it?

Hey he's the best one Green Stamps can buy. That part probably dated me, didn't it?
Yeah, kinda. You said green stamps and I instantly tasted the ol green stamps in my mouth! Lol. Does that date me too?

Reading online I don't think some people understand although 14 jurors seated that is 12 jurors and 2 alternates.

Thanks KayKay and I am so sorry for your loss too! Lots of tears past few months....

I so wish this trial were televised. So much you can pick up from people's gestures, facial expressions and behaviors. ArkMimi, can you provide us with some courtroom sketches?! ;)

The murder trial I sat through (there were two for same case, mistrial and conviction) was long and super hard for family members. I nearly died when the first jury didn't convict. I knew the deceased and the murderer and knew he did it, it was so clear. But there were some shenanigans I believe with a dissenting juror who was a neighbor of the murderer and a defense attorney with a colorful mob representation history and some issues in his past with his legal partner paying off jurors and ending up imprisoned. A blind monkey could've seen this guy was guilty a mile away. He's away for life now. She had her life cut very short. The family really appreciated having support in the courtroom. Some days were inconceivably hard though. Depending on the type of evidence presented .. And it took literally years, with the two trials and so many delays. The judge and DA were brillaint.

I'm very pleased the jurors are mostly women. Maybe AL thought that would bode well for him given he seems quite convinced of his supernatural Svengali like powers of charm and good looks. Cough. Cough. What I'd give to be a fly on that courtroom wall. I have some friends in Arkansas I haven't seen in years... Maybe I should take a little trip!

Have been away following little Lonzie, DeOrr and Malik's threads lately ..getting closure on two and praying for same on other one.

Ms. Beverly Carter is one of the main reasons I joined WS after lurking for a couple of years.

After finally catching up and seeing the affidavit this sick person AL dreamed up out of his sociopathic sick mind, there are no words except ones that TOS will not probably allow.

Me, being a county away, I know I could/would not have been selected for duty during this trial but my prayers will be with the jurist all to bring justice for this sweet lady and her family.

RIP Beverly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member