GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh, jstkidn. All of those little holes were just basically plugged with your info. I cannot imagine the fear she felt. Thank you for the thorough account. We, too, were hoping Arron would get zapped! I find it quite ironic that his outbursts are probably silenced by the fear of being zapped- the same fear he instilled in Beverly. But, no one will kill him during this process. She wasn't so lucky.

Last night I made a last minute decision to get up and go to the trail....so I went! I just got home and ate the first food I've had all day other than a candy bar at the lunch break, so I'm just going to post random things as they come to my brain. Sorry they aren't better organized, but this is the best I can do right now. LOL

* CL was a prostitute!!!! James (defense) referenced it in his opening statement and it was brought up again when one of the investigators was on the stand. James also said during opening statements that Lewis would pretty much have sex with anything that moves. Eww!

* I have to say that for the defense attorney to supposed to be some big whoop-de-doo hot shot lawyer, I was left with a complete sense of "meh". So far, I'm not impressed. He comes across as a bully most of the time.

* I saw that AL had something under his shirt. At first I thought it might be some type of back brace? But turns out it was the zappy thing. It would have made my year had they made it go off. ;)

* Dear Defense Team - It's not nice to blame to victim blame.

* I could not see all the jurors as there was a screen put up for the attorney's to show items from a projector. We in the audience could not see what was being projected, btw. Anyway, the screen blocked my view of all of them but about 4 or 5. They seemed very interested and were taking notes.....one in particular was taking copious notes! They did tend to have the typical afternoon slump around 3:00 (as did I) and it wasn't long after that the judge took a short recess. Everyone seemed much perkier after they came back.

* The defense is definitely going with AL's FB story. Accidental death by suffocation via CL's vagina. OMG, I can't believe that was a sentence I just typed.

* In opening statements, the prosecution finally said the cause of death. Suffocation, which they stated was from AL wrapping her head in duct tape. I cannot begin to imagine.......ugh. This did not really surprise me much because it's pretty obvious that the FB affidavit was written in such a way as to explain away any evidence that he knew they had. He came up with his crazy suffocation story, so I figured that had have been the cause of death.

* Quick summary of what prosecution said happened in their opening statement...I have a feeling much of this info came from CL. Following is what the prosecution stated to the best of my memory:

CL and AL conspired to kidnap a female real estate agent. They decided on BC. AL met her for the appointment and as she was walking up the stairs to show him the upstairs, he was behind her and told her she was about to have a very bad day. She turned around and was sort of like "What did you say?" and he pulled out a taser and zapped it.

I don't *think* that he actually touched her with it, but it sounded to me like he just made it zap so she could see what it was. He told her she was being kidnapped, forced her back downstairs and secured her with tape.

I *think* this is when he made her record the "ransom message" that he played for investigators on his phone?? When they played it back (twice) it sounded to me like she was standing in a place with some echo.....like an empty house. JMO Something I picked up on when I heard it. It was not mentioned in court.

He left her in living room, went outside and backed his car up to the door. He then forced her into the trunk of the car and drove some distance. At some point, he supposedly stopped, opened up the trunk and took a picture of her in the trunk. He then closed her back up and continued driving.

Next stop was AL/CL house on Randall Drive where she was kept in a back bedroom. (!!!!) He made her give him PIN numbers, etc. They said that CL had zero contact with BC and they said as a matter of fact CL made huge efforts to NOT be around BC.

He went back to the Old River Dr. house to retrieve her purse from the car (to get the debit/credit cards), but the police were already there by the time he got back. At this point CL and AL made a conscious decision that they had to kill her.

At some point in the early morning hours of the next day, he reloaded her back into the trunk of the car, drove her to the Argo concrete plant, wrapped her entire face in duck/duct tape which caused her to die the most horrifying and horrible type of death via suffocation. :( He then took her body and dumped it out in the woods.

He and CL returned a night or two later (can't remember specifics) after making a trip to Walmart to purchase a shovel and a bag of topsoil. They have security film footage of them doing so from WM. They returned to Argo and CL's job was to hold the flashlight while AL dug the hole and buried her.

(end of this post...more in a minute)
Wow! That is an EXCELLENT recap, jstkiddn. So glad you went and reported back to us. Thank you, girl!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last night I made a last minute decision to get up and go to the trail....so I went! I just got home and ate the first food I've had all day other than a candy bar at the lunch break, so I'm just going to post random things as they come to my brain. Sorry they aren't better organized, but this is the best I can do right now. LOL

* CL was a prostitute!!!! James (defense) referenced it in his opening statement and it was brought up again when one of the investigators was on the stand. James also said during opening statements that Lewis would pretty much have sex with anything that moves. Eww!

* I have to say that for the defense attorney to supposed to be some big whoop-de-doo hot shot lawyer, I was left with a complete sense of "meh". So far, I'm not impressed. He comes across as a bully most of the time.

* I saw that AL had something under his shirt. At first I thought it might be some type of back brace? But turns out it was the zappy thing. It would have made my year had they made it go off. ;)

* I could not see all the jurors as there was a screen put up for the attorney's to show items from a projector. We in the audience could not see what was being projected, btw. Anyway, the screen blocked my view of all of them but about 4 or 5. They seemed very interested and were taking notes.....one in particular was taking copious notes! They did tend to have the typical afternoon slump around 3:00 (as did I) and it wasn't long after that the judge took a short recess. Everyone seemed much perkier after they came back.

* The defense is definitely going with AL's FB story. Accidental death by suffocation via CL's vagina. OMG, I can't believe that was a sentence I just typed.

* In opening statements, the prosecution finally said the cause of death. Suffocation, which they stated was from AL wrapping her head in duct tape. I cannot begin to imagine.......ugh. This did not really surprise me much because it's pretty obvious that the FB affidavit was written in such a way as to explain away any evidence that he knew they had. He came up with his crazy suffocation story, so I figured that had have been the cause of death.

* Quick summary of what prosecution said happened in their opening statement...I have a feeling much of this info came from CL. Following is what the prosecution stated to the best of my memory:

CL and AL conspired to kidnap a female real estate agent. They decided on BC. AL met her for the appointment and as she was walking up the stairs to show him the upstairs, he was behind her and told her she was about to have a very bad day. She turned around and was sort of like "What did you say?" and he pulled out a taser and zapped it.

I don't *think* that he actually touched her with it, but it sounded to me like he just made it zap so she could see what it was. He told her she was being kidnapped, forced her back downstairs and secured her with tape.

I *think* this is when he made her record the "ransom message" that he played for investigators on his phone?? When they played it back (twice) it sounded to me like she was standing in a place with some echo.....like an empty house. JMO Something I picked up on when I heard it. It was not mentioned in court.

He left her in living room, went outside and backed his car up to the door. He then forced her into the trunk of the car and drove some distance. At some point, he supposedly stopped, opened up the trunk and took a picture of her in the trunk. He then closed her back up and continued driving.

Next stop was AL/CL house on Randall Drive where she was kept in a back bedroom. (!!!!) He made her give him PIN numbers, etc. They said that CL had zero contact with BC and they said as a matter of fact CL made huge efforts to NOT be around BC.

He went back to the Old River Dr. house to retrieve her purse from the car (to get the debit/credit cards), but the police were already there by the time he got back. At this point CL and AL made a conscious decision that they had to kill her.

At some point in the early morning hours of the next day, he reloaded her back into the trunk of the car, drove her to the Argo concrete plant, wrapped her entire face in duck/duct tape which caused her to die the most horrifying and horrible type of death via suffocation. :( He then took her body and dumped it out in the woods.

He and CL returned a night or two later (can't remember specifics) after making a trip to Walmart to purchase a shovel and a bag of topsoil. They have security film footage of them doing so from WM. They returned to Argo and CL's job was to hold the flashlight while AL dug the hole and buried her.

Awesome job. I told someone today I would rather be shot in the head than to die the way she did. Horrible.

Wow. That was a lot of detail we missed in following via Twitter. Thank you so much for typing it all out. So much to think about ....

I wonder if she was a prostitute during the time she worked at BCBS. If I recall she had been there six years and her co-workers were surprised. Of course that isn't really something you discuss.

I can't believe that the defense is trying to say CL caused this because they were in a sexual position. We're that the case it wouldn't have been hard for Beverly to push CL off of her. So I can't imagine how a skilled attorney would even say that.

More random thoughts and info from the trial today:

*BC's co-worker/friend Brenda Rhodes (sp?) really held her own against the grilling she got from James today and he really tried to put her through the wringer...asking about BC's finances, tummy tuck, state of her marriage, etc. She testified that after she had been alerted that BC was missing, she tried to contact her. She finally received some texts from BCs phone, but she didn't believe it was her, because the texts didn't "sound" like her. They had a code word in their office about a "red folder" and being suspicious she asked BC to tell her where she left the red folder. She received no reply. She said that if BC had been okay (aka: with AL/CL willingly as the defense is saying) she would have for sure answered that question.

*Carl Jr's testimony was tough, but he did a great job and his mama would be proud. He had one particular "mic drop" moment that made me want to run up there and give him a high five. They were grilling him about BCs finances. He had testified that at the time of her kidnapping she had $1XX in her checking account. He had testified that BC did all the bookkeeping and that since her death he (CCjr) had taken over the job. James then went on to grill him about her sales numbers that year. CCjr said he wasn't sure about her sales numbers. James (real smart @ss like) said something like "Wait, you know that she had $1xx in the bank but you don't know how much money she made?" CCjr looked him dead in the eye and real dead pan like said something like "Knowing how much money she had in the bank is not the same as knowing how much real estate she sold." It may have been one of those 'you had to be there' moments and I'm too tired to really explain it better, but it was pretty great.

* Prosecution stated in opening statements that AL admitted either to kidnapping or killing BC on 5 different occasions. They briefly outlined statement he had made to investigators and the statement he made during his perp walk (she was a rich broker) and even his 15 minutes of fame in his big TV news interview from the jailhouse. They pointed out that each time the story changed a little more. The defense stated that all these statements were false and it was all done out of ALs love for CL. He was just trying to protect Crystal. AL & CL! One of the great love stories of our time! :eyeroll:

* They are REALLY going after BCs character! I was sort of shocked how aggressive they were and I'm afraid that the worst is yet to come. Their plan may just backfire because to me it didn't come across very well. For a little while it was hard to tell who was on trial....AL or BC. Oh! And apparently that any woman to loses weight, gets a tummy tuck and a breast lift is having a midlife crisis and on the prowl for sex with strangers! Who knew? (sarcasm)

Unless I get a second wind, this may be it for me tonight. I'M BEAT!! Planning on going back tomorrow so I need to get some stuff done and get some sleep!

This defense is so sick on so many levels. I realize that AL has nothing to lose to fabricate this junk, but it's such an all-time low to watch defense attorneys play this game with him. It seems to me that the C Anthony trial ushered in an era of sensationalizing sexual tales to exonerate the perp. Now this is the new normal. I can't even find strong enough words to express my disgust. I could vomit.

I wonder if she was a prostitute during the time she worked at BCBS. If I recall she had been there six years and her co-workers were surprised. Of course that isn't really something you discuss.

I can't believe that the defense is trying to say CL caused this because they were in a sexual position. We're that the case it wouldn't have been hard for Beverly to push CL off of her. So I can't imagine how a skilled attorney would even say that.

Right. I dont know a person who wouldn't turn their head or take a big, huge, hard bite out of a very sensitive area before actually dying of suffocation! Lots of instinctual fight or flight responses happen to a body when it is about to die from not getting air. A little head wiggling under a naked crotch isn't it. Not to mention the amount of DNA that would COVER Beverly's whole head! I would be interested to see if there has EVER been a documented case of death by crotch suffocation. I am doubting it. It certainly didnt happen in this case. This is Arron's way of orchestrating a live *advertiser censored* show in the middle of an actual courtroom. He enjoys that more than anyone knows. This is his show and he is so proud of it. He has the eyes of a shark and the soul to match it.

Right. I dont know a person who wouldn't turn their head or take a big, huge, hard bite out of a very sensitive area before actually dying of suffocation! Lots of instinctual fight or flight responses happen to a body when it is about to die from not getting air. A little head wiggling under a naked crotch isn't it. Not to mention the amount of DNA that would COVER Beverly's whole head! I would be interested to see if there has EVER been a documented case of death by crotch suffocation. I am doubting it. It certainly didnt happen in this case. This is Arron's way of orchestrating a live *advertiser censored* show in the middle of an actual courtroom. He enjoys that more than anyone knows. This is his show and he is so proud of it. He has the eyes of a shark and the soul to match it.

Exactly. And the affidavit says he had sex with her twice, there would be DNA evidence were that true and probably rape charges as well.

Jstkiddn, you're NOT just kidding. You are one heck of a sleuth and thorough reporter! Dang, girl!!! So proud of you!!
Get some good rest! :)

[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]
[emoji106] [emoji108]

I lied. One more thing! LOL

The defense was trying to make a REALLY BIG DEAL out of the fact that BC called ALs spoof number from her home phone!! OMG...like that was a SURE sign of an affair! It was so stupid! Like it's totally unheard of for a real estate agent to make a call from their home. Really Mr. High Powered Lawyer? Surely you're smart enough to know better!

Remember when we went over the phone records that were released a while back and she had like a short call with him on her cell phone and then immediately called him back 1 minute later from the house phone? I said at the time that it was probably because either she had poor reception or that her phone battery was going dead, so she said let me call right back. Don't have to have a fancy law degree to figure that one out, right? He kept on and on about the fact that she called him from her house. Turns out the people that were sitting next to me live a few houses down from BC and they laughed and said you know why she called from the house phone? Because ATT cell reception in that area is terrible! I was so frustrated that the prosecution never brought that up!

Defense was also trying to insinuate that the notes in BCs notebook where she kept her appointments and such were some sort of code to meet up for a hook up with AL/CL. Where she had written the MLS number, the Old River Drive address and the StevenAdams2015@gmail.com email address was OBVIOUSLY a code that she was having an affair! DUH! He kept grilling coworker/friend Rhodes on that trying to get her to agree that it could have been a code and she just kept looking at him like he was the stupidest man alive and kept saying "No, it's the MLS number and address of a house she was showing!"

Some of the stuff he was coming up with was frankly insulting to the intelligence!

He also kept harping on the email she received from AL. It was apparently a blank email that simply said "Listings???" in the subject line and nothing else. Law school apparently teaches one that this a code to meet up for a random hookup. Public high school (me) teaches one that it's probably just a way for AL to send BC his email address. I've done it a 100 times....send a blank or nothing email just to get my email to someone who is driving or otherwise cannot write it down right then. I guess I'm a genius. :eyeroll: Who knew?

You ARE a genius!! I just love the way you tell it like it really was. I get so tickled at your thrown in sarcasm and eyerolls too!

Gah! I can't turn my mind off and keep thinking of things.

The defense also was making a big deal out of "50 text messages between the two!" Another obvious sign of an affair. Apparently you can write War and Peace in 50 text messages. ;) I think the prosecution did a decent job of pointing out to the jurors and just texting the simple word "Yes" or even just "K" counts as 1 message, therefore 50 text messages could actually be a very simple, short conversation.

Also, CL erased a lot of texts between her and AL. Some were able to be recovered but about 100 (I think that was the number) were not recoverable. Just pure speculation on my part at this point, but I have a feeling one of the ones that could not be recovered was a picture of BC in the trunk. That photo was brought up in opening statements and then when they were discussing the ATT phone records with one of the investigators, they were having him explain how to tell if a message had a photo attached. I'm thinking they couldn't get it recovered, but they probably have CL's testimony that it was sent. The phone records they discussed today could be used to back that up. JMO. We'll see what comes of that.

Lol. I'm sitting here anxiously awaiting another terrific post! Go ON with youself, gurl! Hahaha

Write War and Peace in 50 texts! Bahaha

Defense playing voicemail recording of Beverly saying she's okay & not to call police. Call was for father, per Carter Jr. #ArronLewisTrial
Thv11 tweet

There was a whole big discussion about this with Carl, Jr and how he knew who the call was for. CCjr was asked what name BC used when she called him on the phone or left a voice mail. He testified that she always called him "Son". If that had been meant for him, she would have said "Son, I'm okay....." Instead, she said "Carl". That told him that message was meant for his father.

I have to go get my notes but I thought she was kept in bathroom. Either way (this is allegedly coming from CL) she was at their home!!!

Have to remember that opening statements are not facts just what each side version is. Now I did hear the recordings that are not admissible now. There is a lot of what State stated as a narrative that came directly from that recording of AL. (Like him having her go up stairs, telling her she was gonna have a bad day..leaving her in living room.

That recording of BC speaking, that is from the recording of recording AL played off his phone so made it sound a little like in a barrel

How did the family hold up, jstkiddin? I've worried ALL day about them.

http://arkansasnews.com/news/arkansas/attorneys-give-different-versions-real-estate-agent-s-death

Someone said BC had a Hundai. I remember seeing a picture of her Cadillac and that is what this report states. No big deal, but cost wise it is a big difference. They asked how she could afford a Cadillac. And I'm not bashing BC as I understand how real estate agents must look successful to be successful.

Crystal Lowery had a Silver Hundai Santa Fe. JP Massiet followed the ambulance to hospital. Said he noticed silver Hundai Santa Fe following it too and ran tags and returned to Crystal Lowery.j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en