GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury is not allowed to follow the news, read tweets or social media and instructed only to consider the facts they hear in the courtroom

Judge is now telling the crowd not to verbally react to anything said or seen in the courtroom again. There's been 2 outbursts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

This is going fast. So far, Bill James has nothing believable.

I wonder why he shaved his head for court? To me that makes him look more creepy.

I am so so sorry CZD. My heart breaks for you and what you and her family had to endure. I hope the jury looked past the smear campaign and gave your friend justice.

I have seen it happen often, and it never gets any easier for me to digest... so I cant even begin to imagine how hard all of this is on the loved ones of the victim/s or the pain and suffering it causes them. It is a form of re-victimization of the victim all over again. imo

You are absolutely correct, and I have spent over twenty years on message boards always supporting the victim/s or the victim's family members, and others who loved them.

I really wish there was some type of law to prevent the victim from being put on trial, but sadly, it seems the defendants have all the rights and the voiceless victim/s they murdered have none.:(

IMO

Thanks oceanblueeyes. It was several years ago now.

In a sense... What happens is... the victim gets assassinated twice.

The second time is long and drawn out and in the face of the ones grieving the loss from the first "assassination". The murder.

But yep, it is the system and that's one of the downsides.

There was eventual justice in this case but it took YEARS and two trials.

Heartbreaking..

[video=twitter;687348983967137792]https://twitter.com/THV11/status/687348983967137792[/video]

[video=twitter;687349509941256192]https://twitter.com/THV11/status/687349509941256192[/video]

Whew! I don't know about y'all, but I think I could use a stiff drink (and I'm not much of a drinker), tylenol and a bottle of nerve pills!
This is intense!!! I can't fathom being there in person! No wonder so many crowd outbursts!

Heartbreaking..

[video=twitter;687348983967137792]https://twitter.com/THV11/status/687348983967137792[/video]
My heart is truly breaking for this family. I'm so glad they have their faith to cling tightly to through this devastating time, and I hope that helps even in some small way. Beautiful Beverly, hopefully justice is on the way for you.

LIVE on #Periscope: . @chanleysha and I are talking about opening statements and first witnesses in #ArronLewis mur… https://t.co/l5VvHMlqMF

[video=twitter;687351320190136321]https://twitter.com/DrewPetrimoulx/status/687351320190136321[/video]

Whew! I don't know about y'all, but I think I could use a stiff drink (and I'm not much of a drinker), tylenol and a bottle of nerve pills!
This is intense!!! I can't fathom being there in person! No wonder so many crowd outbursts!

Murder trials are packed with intense emotions, I'm surprised there aren't more outbursts! We had a very strict judge in our trial who threw people out of court for any infractions. Even gum chewing! It was like being in 4th grade again!

I agree. I feel my whole body tense up reading this stuff. Can't imagine being there.

Wow news said so many people judge had to turn some away. Mimi better get there early tomorrow.

I think AL might get zapped when CL testifies, unless she goes along with his story about the sex...from the affidavit.

Judge in #ArronLewis case has been on the bench for about 8 years. A former criminal defense attorney in his prior law practice.

LaLaw2000, here's info you wanted the other day

Thank you to all of you for the updates! You guys are amazing! Thank you!

Judge in #ArronLewis case has been on the bench for about 8 years. A former criminal defense attorney in his prior law practice.

LaLaw2000, here's info you wanted the other day

Thank you, KayKay85!

I did look that up and saw he'd been a criminal defense attorney. From the way he ruled on the evidence in the trunk I thought he had been and that was why I'd wanted to know to begin with! The defense in Jesse Matthews case did the same thing concerning search warrants and that judge ruled the evidence was admitted.

Not saying he judge is partial to the defense, but it sure looked that way to me.

MOO

All members of the jury have been taking very intense notes today and have been attentive listeners to the witnesses. #CarterCase

Victims husband was locked out of courtroom after recess and just now let back in #ArronLewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member