GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarity, was it suggested either way as to whether the ME/DA believe the shirt was removed before or after her death?

Medical examiner testimony:

I thought we were going to have a cage match on the cross exam. LOL

Y'all probably know all his testimony from the tweets and other reports, so I won't repeat it all, but there was one point in particular that got heated and James was wrong, wrong, wrong!!!! Second time he's done something like this during this trial. On cross exam he ADAMANTLY states that the witness just said something under direct that THEY DIDN'T SAY!!

In tv dramas (my only experience...lol) they always go back and reread the testimony, but either that's just made up or they aren't doing it in this trial.

When asked about the possibility of death by vagina suffocation (my term.....they actually used a medical term, but I have no clue at this point what it was) the doctor testified under direct that he had never encountered anything like that in his career, nor could he find anything in any medical journals, nor could he find anything when he did (this is important) INTERNET RESEARCH. That was the exact term he used...internet research.

On cross, James (all cocky like) asks him "Are you going to tell me that you Googled death by sitting on someone's face and there was nothing? He's holding up his cell phone like he's going to google it right then and there. The doctor testified that he never said he "Googled" it and this started a very contentious exchange between the two, where eventually the doctor himself was admonished by the judge. BUT - the doctor was saying, sort of amused like, "I used Medline...not Google." Apparently Medline is a search engine/database of medical journals/articles only used by medical professionals. It's *not* Google!

James kept saying "Yes, you did!" and I'm out in the audience about to explode thinking NO HE DIDN'T!! He *NEVER* said he "googled" anything. He said he did INTERNET RESEARCH and then later clarified it was Medline. All the while James keeps blustering about wanting to use his own cell phone to "google it right now".

It was never corrected and never clarified.

SAME THING happened yesterday with Carl Jr's testimony. Yesterday he testified that his dad was not employed right now, but he had also testified that he WAS employed at the time of BC's kidnapping.

When James was cross examining BC coworker/friend Rhodes, in his very aggressive 'BC was having a bad time in life and a mid life crisis' line of questioning he said something about BC having an unemployed husband (at the time of her murder). Rhodes was quick to correct him and he blusters out "That's not what CCjr testified to earlier! He said he was unemployed!" That's what caused one of the courtroom outbursts, because everyone in the audience simultaneously said "No, he didn't!"

He did NOT say he was unemployed. He said he was NOW unemployed but back then he was employed.

Two times this guy has done the same type thing and neither time was it ever really corrected or clarified as to the witness' actual testimony. I refuse to believe he's that dumb/not paying attention, so I think he does it on purpose in hopes that his version (the wrong one) will settle in the juror's minds. I know very little about legal procedure, but one would think that someone on the other side would have a way to correct it?

Again...just my uneducated observations. As the saying goes...what do I know? ;)

I don't think we will ever know the complete truth. For CL to say they had not thought far enough out about what to do with Beverly if it didn't go as planned is a lie, IMO. They both knew Beverly would see AL's face when she met him at the house she was to show. I firmly believe the plan was to kill her after getting what money they could so Beverly would not be able to identify them. They never called Carl, Sr. and gave him a chance to round up any ransom money; they just had Beverly call him and tell him not to call the police or it could be very bad.

In planning the kidnapping, who would not also plan what to do after getting whatever money they could?? IMO, the plan was always to kill Beverly afterwards. If it was to be a $100,000 ransom, I'm not believing they had not discussed how it would be split.

I'm sick of these criminal losers. How dare them even try to ruin Beverly's memory for her family!

JMO

*Thanks, jstkiddn, for your posts and for physically being there yesterday and today. You are another trooper for Beverly.

Just for clarity, was it suggested either way as to whether the ME/DA believe the shirt was removed before or after her death?

Not that I heard. The shirt thing was very hard to follow. In addition to the medical examiner, we mostly heard about her shirt not being on her body from the testimony of the officer that was there when she was uncovered and removed from the shallow grave at Argos. He just sort of referenced the shirt as "falling into the grave" when they removed her body. Now, I guess it could be construed that it fell off of her, but how could it unless it was ripped/damaged? I was personally under the impression that the shirt has just sort of been tossed in the grave with her and apparently tweets/reports from media have caused you guys to assume the same thing.

That said, it was never actually stated that her shirt had been removed and put in grave with her. Just that it fell back into the grave when they removed her body. Take that how you will. Maybe someone can help fill me in with a media report? I've read very little media reports since the trail started. Did reporters state her shirt had been removed?

I don't think we will ever know the complete truth. For CL to say they had not thought far enough out about what to do with Beverly if it didn't go as planned is a lie, IMO. They both knew Beverly would see AL's face when she met him at the house she was to show. I firmly believe the plan was to kill her after getting what money they could so Beverly would not be able to identify them. They never called Carl, Sr. and gave him a chance to round up any ransom money; they just had Beverly call him and tell him not to call the police or it could be very bad.

In planning the kidnapping, who would not also plan what to do after getting whatever money they could?? IMO, the plan was always to kill Beverly afterwards. If it was to be a $100,000 ransom, I'm not believing they had not discussed how it would be split.

I'm sick of these criminal losers. How dare them even try to ruin Beverly's memory for her family!

JMO

*Thanks, jstkiddn, for your posts and for physically being there yesterday and today. You are another trooper for Beverly.

Just a quick clarification (because it's confusing!) The "ransom message" was only recorded onto AL's cell phone. It was never actually sent or called in to Carl Sr. The family never received a ransom demand. But, AL did have that recording on his phone. Guess he never got around to using it.

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone that posts tweets, mpnola, kaykay, and others (you know who you are) without you guys I could never keep up with this trial.:rockon:

And I wanted to extend a special thanks to Jstkiddn for taking the time to share her observations and thoughts after spending all day trial watching. Your after trial posts are the ones I look forward to the most. :yourock: :takeabow:

I wanted to say this exact same thing.... I'm a observer and don't post much at all. So thank you to everyone who does and can express it like y'all do. Also, I don't do have a Facebook and no Twitter and I only have Instagram so being here keeps my updated with what I'm missing. Thank y'all...

Just a quick clarification (because it's confusing!) The "ransom message" was only recorded onto AL's cell phone. It was never actually sent or called in to Carl Sr. The family never received a ransom demand. But, AL did have that recording on his phone. Guess he never got around to using it.

Thanks for clarifying. I was under the impression that BC called him.

Medical examiner testimony:

I thought we were going to have a cage match on the cross exam. LOL

Y'all probably know all his testimony from the tweets and other reports, so I won't repeat it all, but there was one point in particular that got heated and James was wrong, wrong, wrong!!!! Second time he's done something like this during this trial. On cross exam he ADAMANTLY states that the witness just said something under direct that THEY DIDN'T SAY!!

In tv dramas (my only experience...lol) they always go back and reread the testimony, but either that's just made up or they aren't doing it in this trial.

When asked about the possibility of death by vagina suffocation (my term.....they actually used a medical term, but I have no clue at this point what it was) the doctor testified under direct that he had never encountered anything like that in his career, nor could he find anything in any medical journals, nor could he find anything when he did (this is important) INTERNET RESEARCH. That was the exact term he used...internet research.

On cross, James (all cocky like) asks him "Are you going to tell me that you Googled death by sitting on someone's face and there was nothing? He's holding up his cell phone like he's going to google it right then and there. The doctor testified that he never said he "Googled" it and this started a very contentious exchange between the two, where eventually the doctor himself was admonished by the judge. BUT - the doctor was saying, sort of amused like, "I used Medline...not Google." Apparently Medline is a search engine/database of medical journals/articles only used by medical professionals. It's *not* Google!

James kept saying "Yes, you did!" and I'm out in the audience about to explode thinking NO HE DIDN'T!! He *NEVER* said he "googled" anything. He said he did INTERNET RESEARCH and then later clarified it was Medline. All the while James keeps blustering about wanting to use his own cell phone to "google it right now".

It was never corrected and never clarified.

SAME THING happened yesterday with Carl Jr's testimony. Yesterday he testified that his dad was not employed right now, but he had also testified that he WAS employed at the time of BC's kidnapping.

When James was cross examining BC coworker/friend Rhodes, in his very aggressive 'BC was having a bad time in life and a mid life crisis' line of questioning he said something about BC having an unemployed husband (at the time of her murder). Rhodes was quick to correct him and he blusters out "That's not what CCjr testified to earlier! He said he was unemployed!" That's what caused one of the courtroom outbursts, because everyone in the audience simultaneously said "No, he didn't!"

He did NOT say he was unemployed. He said he was NOW unemployed but back then he was employed.

Two times this guy has done the same type thing and neither time was it ever really corrected or clarified as to the witness' actual testimony. I refuse to believe he's that dumb/not paying attention, so I think he does it on purpose in hopes that his version (the wrong one) will settle in the juror's minds. I know very little about legal procedure, but one would think that someone on the other side would have a way to correct it?

Again...just my uneducated observations. As the saying goes...what do I know? ;)
The trials I have watched, they usually have the court reporter read back that part of the testimony.

I would pay to see AL butt heads with Juan Martinez. (Jodi A case). Best darn prosecutor I have ever seen.

Thanks, jstkiddn. I'm sorry for the misinformation. I was also trying to make the point that they never talked with Carl, Sr. and gave him a chance to round up any ransom money. They only spoke to Beverly about money.

I had forgotten (if I ever realized it) that Beverly never actually spoke to Carl, Sr.; it was recorded.

Still, I believe the plan was always to kill Beverly after the kidnapping because she had to see AL's face. Probably saw Crystal's face also.

JMO

The trials I have watched, they usually have the court reporter read back that part of the testimony.

That's what I thought would happen, but nobody ever requested it or asked to clarify on their testimony. Very frustrating for those of us out in the audience wanting to scream out "THAT'S NOT WHAT HE SAID!" LOL

Seeing the pictures of Carl Sr. is pitiful. Looks like the weight of the word on his shoulders. I sure defense is calling him to testify about their sex life and past physical abuse. They will make it look like she wanted to run. But you don't leave to start a new life and leave your car and belongings behind.

One of the worst parts for me is that she walked to her grave. Of course, manner of death too. That and the fact they were able to eat at Waffle House. Ugh.

Thanks, jstkiddn. I'm sorry for the misinformation. I was also trying to make the point that they never talked with Carl, Sr. and gave him a chance to round up any ransom money. They only spoke to Beverly about money.

I had forgotten (if I ever realized it) that Beverly never actually spoke to Carl, Sr.; it was recorded.

Still, I believe the plan was always to kill Beverly after the kidnapping because she had to see AL's face. Probably saw Crystal's face also.

JMO

Which is interesting. Wonder why it was never sent? I would have loved to see AL face when he was stopped by the cops in CL car.

Don't know if this was mentioned but AL was smiling giving the thumbs up sign today, when he left court.

I've tried to read up much as I can but it seems like I missed a ton today.
I did get to read a pretty good synopsis of CL's testimony.

So please help me get this straight:
Plan was to get a rich married broker so they could demand ransom.
AL subdues her, puts her in the trunk and takes her to CL's house?

Was it mentioned why they never attempted to call Carl Sr.? He abducted her but left her wallet in the car? So they kidnapped this poor lady and them were too stupid to figure out how to actually get any money?

After reading CL's testimony and text messages....I think she deserves way more than 30 years. I feel like she was WAY more involved in every aspect than she's letting on. And that says a lot. She is pure evil.

Praying for her family and strength for Carl tomorrow

Seeing the pictures of Carl Sr. is pitiful. Looks like the weight of the word on his shoulders. I sure defense is calling him to testify about their sex life and past physical abuse. They will make it look like she wanted to run. But you don't leave to start a new life and leave your car and belongings behind.

One of the worst parts for me is that she walked to her grave. Of course, manner of death too. That and the fact they were able to eat at Waffle House. Ugh.

I forgot about that but we did know she walked to her grave because of the dust patterns on her shoes. They knew she walked there. Every time I think about how she felt, I have to stop. It was sheer terror for a very long time. She must have been so scared.

I would pay to see AL butt heads with Juan Martinez. (Jodi A case). Best darn prosecutor I have ever seen.

BBM--Right on and Hell yeah, concernedmother!!!! This AL would be toast--both literally and figuratively if Mr. Martinez was prosecuting him. Juan would burn him and his ridiculous defense down the minute he (AL) hit the stand, thus setting up the inevitable toasting of him physically (given his behavioral issues) when the guard is forced to zap the *advertiser censored* out of him for getting out of hand.

Thank you to everyone that has been keeping up with live tweets, news stories, providing links, clarification, etc. I was in Cabot from Aug.-Oct. taking care of my mother. After reading over AL's disgusting statement, I looked up some of the routes he provided. I had driven many of the same roads and thinking of that makes my skin crawl.

Some of the questions I have are:

1. Was it mentioned if the shirt was the only thing missing/partially on her upper body? I'm trying to be discreet, but are augmentation/reduction scars typically visible below the band of an undergarment? I only ask because I wonder if AL did remove her upper clothing to get identifying details or if he picked that up from the case file (someone mentioned he had access to prior to writing his affidavit, sorry don't remember who)? Would that include a detailed physical description of BC (like the ME report)?

2. On the subject of the affidavit, which I only just read yesterday, did anyone notice it skips from page 6 to 8? Granted, I am relieved since AL was just delving into his vile lies regarding his supposed encounters with BC. I just wonder why page 7 is missing...?

3. If CL was really going to throw AL out, did he know about her plan?

4. I wonder if AL had medication administered due to his reported "behavior issue"? From tweets/reports, he was described like he was agitated during CL's testimony, but after coming back into the courtroom seemed as if he almost had a flat affect. Then again, maybe he did get a bit of ol' electroshock therapy!:stormingmad:

Lastly, my thoughts and heart go out to ALL the loved ones. My aunt was murdered in 2004 by 3 teenagers for something trivial. No one wins in murder cases. Thanks to the ruthless actions of greedy murderers - both sides will be forever altered. I truly hope the outcome of this trial will bring some sort of peace, to BC's loved ones, that justice was served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove