GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm totally not trying to be snarky, I just want to know why it matters exactly the spot of her grave for our purposes? Is there something I'm missing?

I was wondering the same thing. Am I missing the point of something?

TamE, I hope you don't mind my asking, but: Were you given a choice as to what date was put on your father's marker? Were you able to put the true date...his date of birth...on the stone?

Thank you, and I am so sorry this horrendous thing happened to your daddy and your family.

I think you can out what you choose on the stone, since it's not a legal document of any kind.

JonBenet's stone says she died on 12/25 which I find interesting since they supposedly put her to bed, already asleep, around 10 pm on the 25th and her body was found on the 26th...leaving only 2 hours for her to have passed on the 25th and her parents and brother were awake for a part of those two hours!

I was asked where I thought she would have been buried since I am local to the location.
I only want to know because I'm morbidly curious about all the details when I'm reading a case. This one especially since it's in Arkansas.

I don't know if it would help sleuth the case or not to know the exact location, but it might?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Times

It's not a "blog" associated with the Arkansas Times? I thought these types "blogs" were more like editorial pieces or weekly column pieces and were allowed.

Arkansas Times is one of our weekly newspapers that you can pick up all over (library, mall, etc). Looks like the article that was linked was part of the website that is called Arkansas Blog. I would not consider this newspaper a blog at all.

I'll alert a mod and find out. I was assuming something titled "Arkansas Blog" is a blog.

My mother passed away 6 years ago, in Arkansas. She wasn't found until the next day, which is the date used on her death certificate. We did put the date of when we knew she had passed on her headstone. My sister passed away 5 months later, in Florida, and the date she was found is listed on her dc, not the date she actually passed. So, I believe it's common to use the date the deceased is pronounced, not the actual date of their passing.

Arkansas Times is one of our weekly newspapers that you can pick up all over (library, mall, etc). Looks like the article that was linked was part of the website that is called Arkansas Blog. I would not consider this newspaper a blog at all.

Sounds like "our" Memphis Flyer, which I consider a legitimate news source. (In fact, I believe the Arkansas Times wiki compares it to the Memphis Flyer, IIRC).

I don't know if the brick building in front is the office for the concrete plant or not, but in the night photo above you can see a white pickup that is almost completely hidden behind the building. It's probably a sheriff's vehicle, but it shows that a truck could have been pulled back there and hidden from view while the body was buried. Behind the donut shop is a pond that can be seen on google earth. Maybe the gate was locked to the plant, so he went behind the donut shop to bury her near the pond where the ground would be softer.

...and muddier...

Thats a blog so I don't know if it is allowed to be linked. I am interested in the police report from AL's capture. He jumped out of a 2nd story window (perhaps that is "the accident" he stated that he hadn't been to the hospital for when speaking to the reporter during his perp walk?), had a box cutter on him and threw down some gloves when being chased before he was arrested by LE. Interesting. Anyone have a link to the police report of his arrest? (The link just has the wording but not the actual report.)

Gloves? First I've read about them. Trust that LE has them in their possession, AL must know they will tie him to her, why else would he try to discard them?

TamE, I hope you don't mind my asking, but: Were you given a choice as to what date was put on your father's marker? Were you able to put the true date...his date of birth...on the stone?

Thank you, and I am so sorry this horrendous thing happened to your daddy and your family.

My brother was pronounced at 12:01 on Friday, August 13, 1982. He was murdered August 12, 1982. The pronouncement was a technicality in the ER as it was the time the ER physician came in to his room.

My brother's tombstone says August 12, 1982 as that was the date he was taken from us so violently. The death certificate reads the 13th. It didn'tmatter. We also had a closed casket for my brother as we preferred to remember him full of life. In my mind's eye however, I still see him on the stretcher in the ER. It has never left me in 32 years....

I think you can out what you choose on the stone, since it's not a legal document of any kind.

JonBenet's stone says she died on 12/25 which I find interesting since they supposedly put her to bed, already asleep, around 10 pm on the 25th and her body was found on the 26th...leaving only 2 hours for her to have passed on the 25th and her parents and brother were awake for a part of those two hours!

Excellent example, thanks. My mother was "found dead" on 10/12 (Columbus Day that particular year), and for some reason it being on a holiday (albeit a minor one) just makes it harder to let "that day" go by without heartache. This whole line of discussion has me thinking now because I always just took it as fact that she did indeed die on 10/12. However, she could have actually died on 10/11.

My brother was pronounced at 12:01 on Friday, August 13, 1982. He was murdered August 12, 1982. The pronouncement was a technicality in the ER as it was the time the ER physician came in to his room.

My brother's tombstone says August 12, 1982 as that was the date he was taken from us so violently. The death certificate reads the 13th. It didn'tmatter. We also had a closed casket for my brother as we preferred to remember him full of life. In my mind's eye however, I still see him on the stretcher in the ER. It has never left me in 32 years....

:grouphug:

We had a friend that committed suicide and they used the date they found her as date of death. She left 3/18 at 5:30 am and drove to a country rode and walked behind several houses and stabbed herself. They found her 2 days later :( She was 40, had 2 girls, a husband. She was depressed and let their house go into foreclosure and bought stuff with the money instead.

That is devastating! So sorry for your loss.

I was asked where I thought she would have been buried since I am local to the location.
I only want to know because I'm morbidly curious about all the details when I'm reading a case. This one especially since it's in Arkansas.

I don't know if it would help sleuth the case or not to know the exact location, but it might?

Well, that is a very honest reply. Thank you.
I can only speak for myself, but sometimes I feel a bit guilty about sticking my nose into tragic events that happen to people I don't know, in the worst time of their lives.

Well, that is a very honest reply. Thank you.
I can only speak for myself, but sometimes I feel a bit guilty about sticking my nose into tragic events that happen to people I don't know, in the worst time of their lives.

In the case of the "where," I don't think it's so much sticking our noses in as putting together pieces of the case. For example, it's been noted that there is a pond behind the donut shop where the ground would be softer (and I noted muddier). This could play into the time line, because AL was seen by a neighbor washing mud off his truck, and he had in fact tried to contact that neighbor to help pull him out of mud. Knowing if this dear lady was indeed buried at that spot can narrow down the "when" of it all, IMO.

Gloves? First I've read about them. Trust that LE has them in their possession, AL must know they will tie him to her, why else would he try to discard them?

From the police report on his arrest, "MR. LEWIS THREW SOME GLOVES DOWN WHILE HE WAS RUNNING WHICH OFFICERS RECOVERED THEM."

Sounds to me like they will definitely come into play in his trial.

(((((((((HUGS))))))))) Zuri. So sorry for your loss.

I'm totally not trying to be snarky, I just want to know why it matters exactly the spot of her grave for our purposes? Is there something I'm missing?

I asked where exactly the shallow grave was not because I am trying to be nosey or invasive but because some were questioning when she would have been buried, based on whether or not the plant was open on Friday or over that weekend. I doubt she was buried by the front door of the business on a Thursday night however she may have easily been buried in the back woods on a Thursday night and not noticed by anyone working on the following Friday or Saturday. If she wasn't buried on Thursday night/early Friday morning then she was either alive or deceased and her body was kept somewhere else. Hope that cleared up the confusion.

Aren't most open casket viewings of people who have died in a home or hospital setting, and are taken to the mortuary within a short period of time for embalming? If BC had been dead for some days and left to the elements, I doubt if she could be made to look natural. It could have nothing to do with what the nature of her injuries were.

nope, not always. A friend of mine died in a hiking accident, wasn't found for 3 days ie was in the elements and his casket was open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon