GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bouncing off a few recent posts about what happened, why the lock box was gone, how BC was taken, the other car seen and the other person with a beard and also why nobody saw anything unusual happen that day.
AL stated in an interview that "it was just a meeting place" … throwing some truth on this statement im suggesting maybe she did meet them (?), opened the house and actually did a house tour. AL and CL (?) Made her feel very comfortable, used their charm and BC felt quite alright about it all.
Meanwhile.... Someone else (or possibly one of them) disabled her car battery so when it came time to leave her car wouldnt start.
Feeling comfortable with the clients, she accepts a lift and they all leave happily. Only after this point do things go pear shaped.
Perhaps the house was left likr it was as a complete setup to throw LE off the trail.
Im still thinking that the actual murder was an accident and not part of the plan.
It was said by nojustice that CL came home after class to find AL playing video games. This puts a hole in a credible alibi between class and going to the exes house.
So regarding the above;
1. Was BCs car able to be started when found?
2. What time frame was there between CL leaving class and arriving at the exes?

Feel free to poke holes in it where you can, its completely off track to my original thoughts on this.

ETA: poking holes myself....if she did leave willingly. Why leave her wallet? Was the car locked?

The link I posted above sounds like her car was unlocked with her purse, wallet and car keys inside; the only thing missing was her cell phone and Beverly.

I just find it highly, highly unlikely that Beverly would even believe that she was indeed dealing with a cash buyer once AL walked through the door....let alone trust him or both of them enough that she would willingly get in their car, leave the front door to the property wide open, leave her car door unlocked with her purse sitting inside and willingly leave with him or them. MOO.

I am starting to have some theories about what took place. There are too many unexplained things, weird behavior, questions, etc. I do think there has been some small truth in all things, including statements made by AL. I won't discuss my theories here except to say this: I think drugs (illegal or prescription) play a very large role. It is the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

ETA: My theories lead me to believe that CL is an equal partner in this and that there are more involved.

The link I posted above sounds like her car was unlocked with her purse, wallet and car keys inside; the only thing missing was her cell phone and Beverly.

I just find it highly, highly unlikely that Beverly would even believe that she was indeed dealing with a cash buyer once AL walked through the door....let alone trust him or both of them enough that she would willingly get in their car, leave the front door to the property wide open, leave her car door unlocked with her purse sitting inside and willingly leave with him or them. MOO.
Perhaps he wasnt the person that met with her?
But yes it does sound like the car was unlocked if her keys were still inside so that sort of blow that idea out of the water :)
I have had so many ideas on what may have happened in this case. Its driving me around the bend.
Just throwing new ideas or possible explanations out there.
My original thought was always that someone else was involved. Then when CL was arrested i was less convinced because AL seems like he would throw anyone under the bus for personal gain. I also believed that drugs were somehow involved, or that AL was at least going to allege they were involved.
ARGH unsure of so many things.
Lies are often loosely based on some small truth.

Just curious to something...does anyone know if it's possible that the male that AL mentioned may have at one time had a relationship with CL?

ETA: Also, has it been said that he lived on an AFB or off base?...

Still thinking about the puzzle of the referral. I still find it hard to believe that somewhere along the line, an agent didn't meet face to face with the client to qualify them. Maybe things are just done differently in some areas. Here in Canada, across the board, there is legislation in place that a buyer is identified, ID is photocopied or scanned and forms having to do with the source of the money are signed.
It's a deterrent against money laundering, (big in real estate)...but also keeps the agent safe.

Just curious to something...does anyone know if it's possible that the male that AL mentioned may have at one time had a relationship with CL?

ETA: Also, has it been said that he lived on an AFB or off base?...

I have definitely wondered that.

AL stated that his 'co defendant' lived on base. If he lived on base would AL even be allowed to live with him?

Still thinking about the puzzle of the referral. I still find it hard to believe that somewhere along the line, an agent didn't meet face to face with the client to qualify them. Maybe things are just done differently in some areas. Here in Canada, across the board, there is legislation in place that a buyer is identified, ID is photocopied or scanned and forms having to do with the source of the money are signed.
It's a deterrent against money laundering, (big in real estate)...but also keeps the agent safe.

I think that "referral" in this case just meant that someone else had bought a home from Beverly and was referred to her from that person. I don't necessarily believe that "referral" meant they were referred from another agent or realtor.

I have a feeling BC got a call from the couple on the 25th and set up the meeting without having met them first. There was information that they were coming in from out of town so that is probably why she was told that, so they wouldn't be pushed to come in a fill out any forms or what not before their meeting. Thoughts?

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/...r-of-ark-realtor/39872/WZ6-uxYqgEGBpXwU6Q5GuA
Investigators say they've been suspicious of Crystal Lowery from the beginning of the investigation.

She was interviewed the same day Lewis was arrested. But investigators didn't get much out of either in questioning.

The Pulaski County Sheriff's office says a number of tips and leads led to enough evidence to link Lowery to Carter's murder.

I've been following since the beginning. Poke holes in this theory, but here's where my head is...

AL strikes me as fairly stupid. I think he is/was acutely aware that murder is/was way above his head. Robbery, on the other hand, is not. He sets the appointment with the "rich broker" in order to run a robbery scam. CL might know about it, she might not.

Say he gets there and BC goes to show him the house. He pulls out a taser and goes to incapacitate her. Problem is, because she's older (not OLD, but older), there's an issue and suddenly she's unconscious. They've been known to cause cardiac arrhythmia before, I don't think it's too out of the woods to be possible. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser_safety_issues

AL freaks out. He knows if he calls medics that he'll be arrested and go back to jail. Why wouldn't he? He just used a taser on a realtor with the intent to rob her. So, he calls someone. (Or maybe not. If the grey truck witness is true, then yes. If it's not, then he acts alone.)

He maybe grabs the lockbox thinking it can easily trace back to him and his appointment. Throws BC in his vehicle and books it home. Again, he's stupid and panicked and can't call anyone to save her but can't just leave her there either because that implicates him.

So, CL gets home. Oh god, AL, what did you do!? BC either dies due to lack of treatment or is somehow hurried along because they refuse to call medics. At this point, AL knows he can't let her go -- shell rat him out and he'll be right back in jail. (Idk how capital murder could factor into both of them without a COD, would ignoring someone be considered malice?... Anyway)

AL thinks.. I know. I'll bury the body out behind the concrete plant. There's a lot of big piles of sand and rocks and they typically don't excavate so she won't be found easily, and it's not out in huge open where she would be subject to searches. I'll also have some relative privacy because I know people's schedules and no one will be around.

Maybe CL helps or has knowledge of this. Maybe she doesn't.

All of the other details... The phone at his house, etc. that's just because AL is an idiot. He didn't intend to murder anyone, but he also had no problem not getting help because he selfishly didn't want to return to jail.

It was premeditated, as BC was targeted for robbery, but I think he's just too dumb to have tried to plan all of this in advance. Seems like he would have had a better plan with ANY kind of foresight. He was just reacting to the situation.

MOO.

I've been following since the beginning. Poke holes in this theory, but here's where my head is...

AL strikes me as fairly stupid. I think he is/was acutely aware that murder is/was way above his head. Robbery, on the other hand, is not. He sets the appointment with the "rich broker" in order to run a robbery scam. CL might know about it, she might not.

Say he gets there and BC goes to show him the house. He pulls out a taser and goes to incapacitate her. Problem is, because she's older (not OLD, but older), there's an issue and suddenly she's unconscious. They've been known to cause cardiac arrhythmia before, I don't think it's too out of the woods to be possible. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser_safety_issues

AL freaks out. He knows if he calls medics that he'll be arrested and go back to jail. Why wouldn't he? He just used a taser on a realtor with the intent to rob her. So, he calls someone. (Or maybe not. If the grey truck witness is true, then yes. If it's not, then he acts alone.)

He maybe grabs the lockbox thinking it can easily trace back to him and his appointment. Throws BC in his vehicle and books it home. Again, he's stupid and panicked and can't call anyone to save her but can't just leave her there either because that implicates him.

So, CL gets home. Oh god, AL, what did you do!? BC either dies due to lack of treatment or is somehow hurried along because they refuse to call medics. At this point, AL knows he can't let her go -- shell rat him out and he'll be right back in jail. (Idk how capital murder could factor into both of them without a COD, would ignoring someone be considered malice?... Anyway)

AL thinks.. I know. I'll bury the body out behind the concrete plant. There's a lot of big piles of sand and rocks and they typically don't excavate so she won't be found easily, and it's not out in huge open where she would be subject to searches. I'll also have some relative privacy because I know people's schedules and no one will be around.

All of the other details... The phone at his house, etc. that's just because AL is an idiot. He didn't intend to murder anyone, but he also had no problem not getting help because he selfishly didn't want to return to jail.

It was premeditated, as BC was targeted for robbery, but I think he's just too dumb to have tried to plan all of this in advance. Seems like he would have had a better plan with ANY kind of foresight. He was just reacting to the situation.

MOO.

Except if CL is the person that nojusticenusa has said, she wouldn't go along with this at the last minute as your scenario indicates. Especially if she was already planning on leaving AL.

ETA: I don't think this has anything to do with a robbery gone bad. There are too many holes in that theory. MOO

MOO.
Thinking...
Sounds plausible to me except for the part of him taking her home. He might be stupid, but not that stupid. Thanks for having input! ;)
ETA: But then again...he did bring the phone and no telling what other evidence home with him. *scratching head*

@SeeAlice
Respectfully she was at class until approx 10 p.m. on that Thur evening. This was verified by LE and they told her they verified it when they interviewed her the second time. Another friend has told me she knows 100% that CL was in class that Thur night.

However, I have to admit that I have no way to verify where she was at after that time for the rest of the weekend except her word and the fact that the ex-boyfriend she stayed with that weekend was furious that he was interviewed by LE.

Verified by LE to whom?

MOO.

He wouldnt be able to "grab" the lockbox without pre-planning to do it, moo

It just occurred to me.. Beverly saying "in lonoke"... To get to Kerr station from Scott you would go through lonoke. Kerr station road crossed the city of Cabot at a point not that far from where she was found... I'm guessing about 7 miles.

Except if CL is the person that nojusticenusa has said, she wouldn't go along with this at the last minute as your scenario indicates. Especially if she was already planning on leaving AL.

ETA: I don't think this has anything to do with a robbery gone bad. There are too many holes in that theory. MOO

I think if CL was the person she led NJ to believe she was, she wouldn't have been arrested.
I think it's an excellent theory with the lack of knowledge we have.

We also know that Beverly's body was found on AL's previous employer's property.
We know that the appointment to see the property Beverly went missing from was made on September 25th.
We know that the name and telephone number for the person Beverly was going to meet, as written in her appointment book, were ficticious.

I am re-reading some of the earlier articles to see if there are bits of information I may have missed or forgotten. Where exactly is Keo? I read that some of the searchers looking for Beverly were shifted to that area once AL was in their custody.

About the phone call and phone number for the original appointment. We have heard that the call came from CL or CL's phone. We have heard that the number it came from was fictitious. It is fairly safe to assume that the phone used to make the call was CL's and that the phone number used came from a Google voice number. Google voice numbers are both anonymous and free, and very easy to set up.

Thanx for the key info, Voice4theSilent. This day and age I cannot imagine anyone leaving their purse in a car unattended. So.....we are left with a few scenarios.

#1 Beverly was never inside the home she was showing. Taken as soon or very soon after she arrived. LE reported no sign of a struggle in the home. I am not sure about this since the home was vacant, not much to disturb or break if there was a struggle. If the lockbox and/or door lock was removed at this time (or just prior), AL had no worries since Beverly never made it to the front door.

#2 Beverly made it inside (under duress or not), something happened to her (restraint/taser/gunpoint/knife) and she was taken/carried outside to a vehicle.

#3 I had a number 3 and it has slipped straight out of my head. Must need sleep. LOL Oh, the vehicle not starting - dead battery, whatever. Why would Beverly leave her purse/keys in her car if she went willingly, presumably to get help. I can't go with this one. Beverly had her phone, unless there was no service in that area. Still the purse and keys were left in the car.

JMO MOO

Nope......but do your own experiment & you shall see

nojusticenusa is correct. Google looks at the domain name, url, page title, and meta description of a page before it looks at the content on the page when ranking that page against a search query. On websleuths, the title of the page is the same as the thread title, plus the page number. The thread title contains the words "Beverly Carter" in it. Even if Beverly Carter's name was only ever used with asterisks in the posts in the thread, the thread will still come up with a Google search for "Beverly Carter" because her full name without asterisks is in the title of the page/thread.

Maybe she was at clinicians, but came home to
Him and a kidnapping victim. If she went along with it, and there was DNA of CL on Beverly, then I would imagine that would be enough for the charges. This could have been sexually motivated for both of them. Remember, we don't know if AL is talking to investigators or not.,

Then it wouldn't be premeditated, so her charges would be less than AL's. In LE's eyes, AL and CL are guilty of capital murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18