GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing i can add about Realtors is ...they don't work any regular 9-5 hours at all, so there really isn't any "after hours" or getting off work time kind of thing. Reason being most people buying homes have jobs and need to do all their looking at properties in their off times -so Realtors can be commonly found showing properties at 8 am, or 8 pm, on Saturdays and sundays, and on most holidays. It's a very time consuming job even when you're not showing properties and just doing contracts and processing paperwork.

The other thing is it wouldn't be an uncommon thing to go for a showing (or 2 or 3) and be gone for hours in that sometimes people will love the house and say -Oh can I just call my wife and have her run by see it? Or sometimes they want to write an offer on the spot which takes some time. So CC was probably accustomed to that kind of irregularity in her work hours, I would imagine, and took longer to worry, IMO. It is most definitely NOT a 9-5 job though. Most of the time you're not in an office, you're on the road or in the field at properties.

Thanks! I sorry wasn't clear, I ment meeting clients when they (client) get off work. And all that seem so how I would think it would be. Lots of people don't have "bankers hours" as they use to say. I wouldn't doubt he was busy and the grandbaby lives there too, so he prob just going along. I thankful he was close enough that to go by there & whatever made it a crime scene so fast, it helped catch AL and CL quickly.

Thanks! I sorry wasn't clear, I ment meeting clients when they (client) get off work. And all that seem so how I would think it would be. Lots of people don't have "bankers hours" as they use to say. I wouldn't doubt he was busy and the grandbaby lives there too, so he prob just going along. I thankful he was close enough that to go by there & whatever made it a crime scene so fast, it helped catch AL and CL quickly.

Oh I see! Got it! Yep, that's how it usually works, you have to be at beck and call, sometimes last minute running out to meet them whenever they are available to look.

That was my take from AL not you. He was insinuating that or another reason which I also interpreted could be to get something from him.The reason I tend to lean to the first interpretation is because he said she went willingly. But I dont believe him at all. He had already confessed to kidnapping and this was his second story. I believe LE got it right.

And there was duct tape. No one goes on a "date" with duct tape. He's a nasty liar. End of story there.

I was thinking, though. He made it very clear that he wants us to believe something was going on with them. So, maybe he made Crystal believe the same thing! Kinda like, "Yeah, you know that real estate agent on those billboards that goes to the gym? Well. we hooked up." I have met many men who say things just to make a jealous woman more jealous. The craziest one I knew said when women were really jealous and buts, he knew they cared. Oooook!?!? Not really, but ok. Anyway, I think it is possible that he maybe said something of that nature and it got Crystal involved. I don't know. Just popped in my brain today and hasn't left.

or he shaved his head so he did not leave hair at the scene ...

This was my thought from the moment I heard the neighbor interviewed. Or that he was getting prepared for kidnapping, as in he didn't was her pulling his hair when she was fighting him off.

Scenario #734.. I'm wondering if the duct tape was up front to silence and restrain her and/or maybe even to use in a phone pic to her husband in asking for ransom - "We have your wife, send the money and we let her go" type of thing-- and since surely the mouth must have been taped, maybe it was a sloppy job that also covered her nose, breathing passages. There could have been a trunk stuffing transport of BC while she's still taped and still alive to, keep her hidden, and maybe she suffocated. Does that sound at all feasible? Part of me still thinks AL didn't set out to kill her and the murder wasn't intended but an accident.
My opinion on his "charm" is that he preyed on women who had no self confidence. I imagine CL and the others all loved his lines/lies. Such as his FB post. Like "I love this woman so much I would do anything for her." Women like that, just like a lot of women who are abused put up with a lot, because they truly want to believe the lies.

I don't think we will know much of anything until this goes to trial. My biggest question is why Beverly? She was not rich. She was well known, which in fact got him caught faster. We have all seen cases where there is hardly any news coverage, and this was all over the news and I don't even live in Arkansas. I would love to know why her and how long this had been planned?

Interesting to see the house is still listed on the market, and they just reduced it by another $10,000 about a week ago. Current price $241K. Also interesting to see the Trulia local "crime report" for the neighborhood showing "0" crimes in the area, no violent or non violent! D'oh... And most interesting of all to me to see that in march 2010, when the market was still reeling low from the 2008 real estate crash... this property sold for $890,000! That's very odd. Maybe Arkansas saw a strange regional (massive) peak in 2010?

http://www.trulia.com/property/1092329999-14202-Old-River-Dr-Scott-AR-72142#photo-1

OK... You all may have already figured this out and can answer my questions. If this isn't allowed I apologize in advance and please delete. It is a police report so I think it should.

In this report http://inmannews.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Beverly-Carter.pdf

Received: 22:43
09/25/2014
Dispatched: 09/25/2014 22:47
Arrived: 09/25/2014 22:59
Enroute: Occurrence: 09/25/2014 22:43
Completed: 09/26/2014 03:09 < report completed and printed.... Status is PENDING

2100 (9pm) hadn't heard from her so went to the 14202 address to look for her

2243 (1043) call rec'd per PCSO report ---1hr and 43 min after husb said he went to the 14202 address *

2247 (1047) dispatch call out

2259 (1059) officer arrived

<snip from report>
Mr. Carter stated around 2100 hours he became worried when he had not heard from his wife. Mr. Carter stated he went to 14202 Old Rive Drive to check on his wife but when he got there he, found her vehicle a brown 2014 Cadillac SRX bearing AR. LPN BCARTER, parked in the driveway with her purse inside. Mr. Carter also stated he found the door to the residence open, so he walked inside and searched for his wife without finding her. Mr. Carter stated after he searched the residence he called the PCSO to report his wife missing. Mr. Carter stated his wife was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts.
After making contact with Mr. Carter, Deputy Scruggs and I conducted a search of the residence without locating Mrs. Carter or any evidence of a crime. I observed that the key to the door lock was not on scene and that no items were missing from her purse. Moments later I sealed off the perimeter of the residence with crime scene tape and started a crime scene log. Moments later Sgt. Hutton arrived on scene and contacted the on call detective. At 0022 hours, Deputy Scruggs and I also conducted a search of the residence at 13407 Old River Drive which was also one of the homes Mrs. Carter was supposed to be showing on 09/25/14

1. what did C. Carter do between 9 and 1043? < Cant remb times of the text messages... thinking out loud, not meaning anything suspious against Mr. Carter. Did he drive around... did he get a ransom call??

2. officer states he searched perimeter of res without finding BC or evidence of crime.. observed key to lock not on scene.. yet nothing missing from her purse. Then says moments later he sealed off the perimeter with crime scene tape and started a crime scene log... What happened in those "moments" did the officer make it a crime scene? another text?? call??

3. 0022 (1222am) roughly 1hr 22 min after officer arrives at 14202, he and another officer leave and go to 13407 Old River Drive- which is right down the road- to search that house.. I wonder if C. Carter checked that house also? maybe he didnt see her veh when he drove by and then he went into the 14202 address because he saw her car. The last text came around 1 a.m. correct? If so then it would appear to me that C Carter would still be with the LEO when that text came correct?

4. The lady listed as witness lives next door @ 14207. So did this lady see something possibly that made the officer change his mind "moments later" ? Something made this get huge attention fast, we all agree to that. And i remember reading of other families upset with the media not covering their missing families. Listed under OTHER PARTIES, Beverly C, listed as well as 3 others. 2 of the others listed are friends/co workers at the Real Estate office. who is the other? Not sleuthing her, I just have a thought.

5. JMHO, after reading this initial report, i take less stock in the eye witness reports on the veh. I don't know what time the video from the news people were, but it was clearly the next day.. so that gives room for error.

As to your first question. I remember his son said his dad called him and he was already in bed. He got up and dressed and went to BC's office to see if by chance she was there. Then he went to the house where his dad was and they called the police. I think CL was thinking she might show up--praying so I am sure-- and waiting to hear from his son. He was probably calling her co-workers too. JMO

As to your first question. I remember his son said his dad called him and he was already in bed. He got up and dressed and went to BC's office to see if by chance she was there. Then he went to the house where his dad was and they called the police. I think CL was thinking she might show up--praying so I am sure-- and waiting to hear from his son. He was probably calling her co-workers too. JMO

I never did understand how they could say nothing was missing from her purse. But I guess it looked undisturbed and her wallet was inside. She also had won $100 that day at work so maybe that was there and it just appeared nothing was taken.

That's standard. They would let her throw on clothes if she came to the door naked but wouldn't let her change her clothes or put on a bra if she asked. In those situations, LE doesn't know how the perp will act. Allowing them to change or put on undergarments would be taking a risk. Remember, her husband and accomplice, when being apprehended for the same crimes as she is charged with, evaded arrest for several hours and jumped out of a window to try and escape when LE cornered him to make the arrest. I don't see it as odd (or unreasonable) that LE "wouldn't even let her change clothes or put on a bra." MOO.
From my family members who work in LE they say when a female is being arrested that they usually take a female officer, for situations like that. It sounds like they arrested her pretty quickly so they may not have had a female officer available.

Does anyone local know if there will be any sort of coverage of this, or livestream? I will be very curious to know what's happening and would appreciate locals sharing here as it breaks. TIA
Several people said in AR that no cameras are allowed so I don't think so.

QUOTE=ConnectZDots;11258266]Interesting to see the house is still listed on the market, and they just reduced it by another $10,000 about a week ago. Current price $241K. Also interesting to see the Trulia local "crime report" for the neighborhood showing "0" crimes in the area, no violent or non violent! D'oh... And most interesting of all to me to see that in march 2010, when the market was still reeling low from the 2008 real estate crash... this property sold for $890,000! That's very odd. Maybe Arkansas saw a strange regional (massive) peak in 2010?

I am pretty sure that $890,000.00 is a misprint - I am very familiar with that area and I don't ever see that house coming close to that
IMO

http://www.trulia.com/property/1092329999-14202-Old-River-Dr-Scott-AR-72142#photo-1[/QUOTE]

QUOTE=ConnectZDots;11258266]Interesting to see the house is still listed on the market, and they just reduced it by another $10,000 about a week ago. Current price $241K. Also interesting to see the Trulia local "crime report" for the neighborhood showing "0" crimes in the area, no violent or non violent! D'oh... And most interesting of all to me to see that in march 2010, when the market was still reeling low from the 2008 real estate crash... this property sold for $890,000! That's very odd. Maybe Arkansas saw a strange regional (massive) peak in 2010?

I am pretty sure that $890,000.00 is a misprint - I am very familiar with that area and I don't ever see that house coming close to that
IMO

http://www.trulia.com/property/1092329999-14202-Old-River-Dr-Scott-AR-72142#photo-1
[/QUOTE]

I agree. If you look at the graph the price never went over $300,000.

All week long I have been reading back over post on this forum, looking at court docs, trying to remember how AL and CL presented themselves at the two competitions that I remember them being at...thinking about BC (never really spoke to her other than just a simple hello but we have many of the same friends) and my gut keeps telling me that BC was caught off guard meaning she felt safe when she arrived at the house. Once this goes to court, I truly feel like we are all going to be in for a shock of some sort; not an affair but maybe that this whole horrible thing was planned out - not a last minute thing but more like months of planning. Still standing by my story that they AL, CL and BC all knew each other...this wasn't because her name was on a bus bench or billboard for real estate - there are other more well known real estate agents out in the public that would have been a more logical target because they are a "rich broker". Trust me the rumor mill is going strong in the area and in all circles involved...I'm just ready for some true facts/evidence not hearsay.

You are EXACTLY right ;) haha everyone to me is next door neighbor..even down my street. But yes, I wonder if that guy in the camo in the truck that was saying what/who he saw was this lady husb or son or possibly at the house? If so, then I recant my thoughts on the eyewitness. Do you know anything about who or when BC was to be showing the other house down the road?
I thought that neighbor said he saw the person and cars there around 7 pm. I also believe there was more than one neighbor. A gal on FH and on IG said her grandmother lived next door and saw the cars.

Oh my gosh, ya'll!!!! Look at this!! 13407 WAS listed by Beverly at one time!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2vuU-yBsNHM
I guess I didn't read too much into the other house. The was CL said it was offhanded like she might show them another house. My thinking was, as with a lot of realtors that BC just mentioned she might show that house to the couple as well since it was so close. I never heard that anyone requested to see it.*

Ok this just triggered (another!) idea.... An old real estate trick comes to mind and may help make some sense of the multiple showings.

1) Realtors stand to earn double commission selling their own listings, always a perk. Just selling your client's listing alone is also preferable to having a buyer choose another agents' listing. So bear in mind Beverly allegedly believes she has a cash buyer on hand. Let's say AL called on the EMPTY foreclosing house to conduct his crime best, Beverly's natural response is going to be "Well OK but I have another equally lovely one just down the road that you should see also" to push her own listing. He may have only called on the crime scene house.

2). The old trick I'm referring to is when you really want a buyer to fall in love with a particular house, in this case a listing with her company or her own seller, you show the less impressive property or properties first and close with your property so the buyers are more impressed with it. In doing all-day showings, some Realtors will schedule a few real dogs, awful homes in same price range, just before the one they really hope to sell (usually their own listing or sometimes just the one offering the best commission to buyers agent) So weary buyers walk into that last home that shines after seeing the last several bad ones.

Maybe not relevant... but as a Realtor I think Beverly added the other Old River showing on to the list, not AL. IMO!
Me too. I never felt AL asked about it.

I guess I didn't read too much into the other house. The was CL said it was offhanded like she might show them another house. My thinking was, as with a lot of realtors that BC just mentioned she might show that house to the couple as well since it was so close. I never heard that anyone requested to see it.*

Just to keep in mind, the other house was furnished indicating it was likely still occupied... in which case you as the Realtor would need to give owners a healthy advance notice before just dropping in with clients. Here most owners like about 24 to 48 hrs when possible so they can arrange to get out, decide what to do with pets, kids, housekeepers, clean the place up, remove valuables, etc. Even your own listing it's not common to drop by for any last minute showing - does happen on occasion, but not common. Meaning Beverly would have arranged the showing a day or so in advance with her owners, unless they had moved out already.

Especially not Beverly.

I don't think she knew who she was meeting. I think she thought she was going to show up to 3 locations to a possible cash buyer and then was going to pick up dinner for Carl and herself and go home. Just like she told her husband.

Sleeveless blouses and dressy shorts would have been appropriate dress that hot September day when she went missing.
I agree with all of this. I also don't think any other houses mean anything because the intent for AL was never to look at houses. For whatever reason, it was to kidnap BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl