GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link where she was working full time until Aug? I know from reading the newspaper print article, from CL application for public defender, stated CL had not worked since May 31st. And her income listed was child support, 401K of $11,000. Also that she owed $24,000 in school loans. So she may had gotten PELL Grants and student loan $ at beginning of school. I don't know when her classes started. Possible she had some summer courses.

On her online resume she said she worked at the insurance claim center through May, IIRC.

Well, I know this is about another case but have any of you been following the Jessica Padgett case. Her step-father shot her in the back of the head and then videoed himself having sex with her corpse. They think he killed her for the sole purpose to have sex with a corpse. Anyway, it just got me to thinking how messed up the things that people can be charged for is in various states. I think that is in Pennsylvania, and since he murdered her first and had sex with her after she was dead they can't give him the DP, even though he admitted this and led them to the body. If he had sex with her before, and then killed her, they would have had a chance to go for DP. But sex with a corpse is only a misdemeanor. WTH??

Continuing off-topic,
This guy's death penalty conviction was overturned when his attorney argued he murdered the victim before raping her. (Sentence was later reinstated and is being appealed now, it looks like. Double-murder anyway. Doubt any appeal will work.) http://www.floridacapitalcases.state.fl.us/inmate-details.cfm?id=239

Thanks Butler for the reply about the transfer to NJ being canceled. That in itself gives me one small pocket of comfort in a case so fraught with misery and grief for so many. To know at least that her 2 kids are in a stable home environment and being cared for and protected as best possible is huge. I don't care whose kids they are, all children deserve minimally to be cared for, regardless what their parents did or didn't do. I don't know if there has been any change in custody of Beverly's granddaughter but she too has been a significant victim here since her life seemed to be so anchored by her grandma for the past few years. Even though custody was formally in fall of 2013, by all accounts she was spending most her time with the Carter family well beforehand so she has lost her maternal caregiver by proxy, never to be returned. So sad.

I wonder if this
Witness statement was the reason for crime scene tape? It wasn't too late to ask around when LE got there or for neighbors to see police and come out to help.
Seeing a car backed up to the garage would definitely look odd at the vacant house across from me.
JMHO, as I said few pages back. We have only seen Deputy Purifoy report. That's the one that said after he went in and didn't find BC or evidence of a crime but the KEY gone.. Then MOMENTS Later... put crime scene tape up and started a crime scene log. Moments later Sgt Hutton arrived and then called the on call detective. SOMETHING happened after the Deputy said he saw no evidence of crime. My thoughts are they had gotten ahold of the coworkers, and found out about the odd call/text whatever was at 7 something. I very curious about if they got a ransom call. The Deputy didnt complete the "call" til after 3am. SO the 3 odd texts back to back would have been while they all still at the house. Also the witness listed, lives directly across the drive so she prob had a good vantage. With her being listed as a witness, by name, very possible she saw something that is being kept close to the vest.

The drive way being shaped where can turn around and drive straight back out.. makes me see the whole backed up to garage a little different after seeing pictures of how laid out. That part could possibly be like pulled in behind BC veh and from across road, depending how big the other car was, appear backed up to garage. Did LEO ever ask if anyone saw the veh or do we just know from the people speaking with media?

CL & AL married April 20 (and she filed for divorce 6 mos later). Then if arkansasmimi is right she quit her job the following month.... And if Butler is right she was probably planning on getting him to cover the remainder of her expenses, after support payments.

Not sure how long they were together prior to getting married. Anyone??

I still find the April 20 marriage date interesting. This date is known for all sorts of things, most of which fall outside the "norm".

Can you imagine? She must think she has something to gain by doing this. Too me, he has always looked like the devil. Thank the Lord he never got out on parole.

OT but I'm thinking the "gain" is a reality show. "Prison Wives" or something like that.

JMHO, as I said few pages back. We have only seen Deputy Purifoy report. That's the one that said after he went in and didn't find BC or evidence of a crime but the KEY gone.. Then MOMENTS Later... put crime scene tape up and started a crime scene log. Moments later Sgt Hutton arrived and then called the on call detective. SOMETHING happened after the Deputy said he saw no evidence of crime. My thoughts are they had gotten ahold of the coworkers, and found out about the odd call/text whatever was at 7 something. I very curious about if they got a ransom call. The Deputy didnt complete the "call" til after 3am. SO the 3 odd texts back to back would have been while they all still at the house. Also the witness listed, lives directly across the drive so she prob had a good vantage. With her being listed as a witness, by name, very possible she saw something that is being kept close to the vest.

The drive way being shaped where can turn around and drive straight back out.. makes me see the whole backed up to garage a little different after seeing pictures of how laid out. That part could possibly be like pulled in behind BC veh and from across road, depending how big the other car was, appear backed up to garage. Did LEO ever ask if anyone saw the veh or do we just know from the people speaking with media?

I definitely think they had a change of mind set as soon as the 3 texts came in at 1am and Beverly doesnt drink. At this point, it took any suspicion away from husband, took any suspicion that she just went off for a little while on her own and became more sinister. I def think those texts at 1am are what set them on a crime path.

You are remembering correctly. The car was supposedly silver but to me it looked grayish/blackish in person.

I don't have a Ford but my car does that. It is dark and can look emerald or navy or even black depending on the light.

as far as we know we only have CL's word she was with LE on sunday...we know for fact Monday as she was arrested-- sunday is not a fact that I am aware of...

The news reported she was with police. They didn't elaborate but said they would not let her back in the house.

http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d...n-realtors-death/25932/1XC15yTfIEyXyaIDSVoDRw
Investigators questioned Lowery the same day Aaron Lewis was arrested
http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/...r-of-ark-realtor/39872/WZ6-uxYqgEGBpXwU6Q5GuA
She was interviewed the same day Lewis was arrested.
http://www.onenewspage.us/video/20141031/2205647/Murder-Suspect-Wife-Arrested-Charged-in-Carter.htm
(Transcript of interview)
investigators tell me they've been suspicious of crystal lowery from the beginning. while she didn't give them much information the day her husband aaron lewis was arrested... investigators worked this past month to get the evidence they needed... to arrest her today.
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...d-in-connection-with-realtors-death/18195981/
On September 29, Lowery was apparently cited and released on a misdemeanor warrant for theft by receiving, according to police records.
http://fox13now.com/2014/09/30/susp...realtors-murder-has-criminal-history-in-utah/
Sept 29 Lewis arrested
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...d-in-connection-with-realtors-death/18195981/
The interview is worth watching it clears up the question about when she was questioned

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext...realtor-murder-c/30574/GxycDaD000yebU91NZ9JjQ
She had been questioned in the case the same day Lewis was arrested back on Sept. 29.

"She didn't tell us anything at that point that gave us enough evidence to arrest her. But through the investigative process, we managed to get enough to get the warrant," said Lt. Carl Minden with the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office.

There are too many media links to believe they all got it wrong.jmo

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext...realtor-murder-c/30574/GxycDaD000yebU91NZ9JjQ
She had been questioned in the case the same day Lewis was arrested back on Sept. 29.

"She didn't tell us anything at that point that gave us enough evidence to arrest her. But through the investigative process, we managed to get enough to get the warrant," said Lt. Carl Minden with the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office.
P
There are too many media links to believe they all got it wrong.jmo
So you think that the police saw the woman, who is the wife of the man they had an arrest warrant for and didn't question her. Because the news also reported that they didn't let her gain entry to the house on Sunday and that was reported BEFORE he was caught. I believe both VI have stated she was questioned on Sunday. That may not have been "formal" questioning.

So you think that the police saw the woman, who is the wife of the man they had an arrest warrant for and didn't question her. Because the news also reported that they didn't let her gain entry to the house on Sunday and that was reported BEFORE he was caught. I believe both VI have stated she was questioned on Sunday. That may not have been "formal" questioning.
The accident was that morning. I do find it odd they would be questioning her when he left the hospital and tipping their hand so she could tell him they were on to him when they didnt issue the warrant until several hours later. jmo

The accident was that morning. I do find it odd they would be questioning her when he left the hospital and tipping their hand so she could tell him they were on to him when they didnt issue the warrant until several hours later. jmo
He knew they were on to him. That is why he ran. She didn't have to tip him off.

Respectfully, I guess I may have to take a break from here. It seems like the majority here have a complete lynch mob mentality. He said/she said she was married to such and such. She had a garnishment a year ago. She didn't change her name. She had too many marriages. She had to have something going on she married on 4/20. *Guess my husband is evil and to be avoided, as he was born on Friday the 13th. I have had only black cats for over 25 years, so I must be a witch. I am a natural redhead, so I must be a Jezebel.* I suppose if we all viewed your marriages, your families, your credit etc. that we would find nothing questionable. Having a garnishment and being married several times doesn't make someone a killer. I still haven't seen one single fact of anything this woman has done in regards to BC. Yet, I have heard she was in it from the beginning. She probably held her. She was jealous. She was desperate for money. Etc.

You know I have been reading on the Cassie Compton forum, the missing girl from Little Rock and that thread was closed for two days by the mods for comments like that and rumors. Locked for two days.

CL maybe guilty. She maybe the mastermind behind it all. If so, I hope she gets what is coming to her. But she has already been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. And that is wrong.

I read in the news today about a man who was finally released from prison for being wrongly convicted. He lost 40 years of his life. Sure it is harder to do in this day and age but not impossible. Last week, the news reported a man who lost his job and then all he owned, for mistaken identity. It took all he had to fight and now while his record is clean he has lost everything.

I believe it will take years for this to come to trial. It does in most high profile cases. So it will be a long time before we know the true facts. I don't know CL but I believe with all my heart anyone should be innocent until proven guilty. JMHO

I know I haven't been here long but isn't this the whole point of this website. To sleuth the accused? If we assumed everyone was innocent that has been arrested, then who would we discuss? I am confused.

I know I haven't been here long but isn't this the whole point of this website. To sleuth the accused? If we assumed everyone was innocent that has been arrested, then who would we discuss? I am confused.

You are allowed to sleuth the perps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members