GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure AL's attorney is digging for some crazy (literally) way to possibly get his charges lessened. However, I don't see it working in AL's favor either way. <insert Swing Low Sweet Chariot here>

From going back and reading, you are correct. I didn't start commenting here until Nov 10th, iirc and that was half way thru Thread 5. Lots of good comments and theories.
I went back and read some past threads today. I agree, good theories. However, I think this crime is so off the chain that none of our theories will fit. I don't think any of us have the capability to even begin to think like AL. I know I do not. His Walmart anti-theft device crimes blew me away, not to mention the mall/credit card scams he pulled off and bragged about. Smh! I gripe about living in the boonies, but so thankful I don't live in a crime ridden environment.

2) The capital murder was committed while the defendant was acting under an unusual pressure or influence or under the domination of another person;
I considered this one for CL if they want to go with a defense that she was acting under duress from AL. I decided that one would be shot down because she was going about freely that weekend without AL. At any time she could have went to LE and especially while she with with the ex BF.

O/T but does everyone else page look different? Mine is all Centered. Easier to read, not complaining.
I'm on Tapatalk, so it still looks the same. Idk about WS's appearance. Are you sure you didn't tweak when you should've been twerking? Lol

CL (and AL) have to have attorneys qualified to defend them re: Capital Murder, Death Penalty. Don't know where the other named lawyers fit in. Pretty sure she will have several since they (attorneys) have to be qualified to argue before the State Supreme Court AND the US Supreme Court.

Good points, southsleuth. It seems I remember reading somewhere on another case something about if charged with Capital Murder that the defendant is required and/or entitled to more than one attorney for their defense? I don't know if this varies by state or what it all consists of, the only reason I bring it up is because it seems I read it somewhere on another case, but I could be wrong. Thoughts?

AL lawyer isn't a public defender. CL has a public defender on her Capital Murder and Kidnapping - Qualls. On the Theft by Rec.. well who knows who lawyer is there. Court Docket has Holiman and Qualls.

AFAIK, Holiman never was CL Attny on the Capital Murder and Kidnapping.

AL doesn't have a public defender?? Wonder who is paying for his attorney? Things that make you go hmmmmm.....and make you wonder WHY would anyone pay for his defense? Possible involvement?

I hope this is okay to post without breaking the rules...I know we can't sleuth any others but is it okay to ask this...IIRC CL has been married several times, have any of those from the past had criminal histories, been in jail, etc?
Reminder to everyone: Please do not put any past names but just curious as to prior history of people she had relationships with prior to AL.

I hope this is okay to post without breaking the rules...I know we can't sleuth any others but is it okay to ask this...IIRC CL has been married several times, have any of those from the past had criminal histories, been in jail, etc?
Reminder to everyone: Please do not put any past names but just curious as to prior history of people she had relationships with prior to AL.

An insider reported yeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

It is just my opinion, but I think it is a VERY bad move to lie about things in officially filed court papers when you are likely going to be in court for something serious very soon. It decreases your credibility, in my brain. She was told by the police (reportedly) that they were after her. Even if she wasn't arrested for the actual crime, certainly, she would be questioned for her husband's involvement. Then, you go out and lie about the 1) separation date and 2) that you didn't know about his past, when all of Facebook and even the neighbors were aware! Bad move. Bad move.

And that will come back to bite her at trial.jmo

It is just my opinion, but I think it is a VERY bad move to lie about things in officially filed court papers when you are likely going to be in court for something serious very soon. It decreases your credibility, in my brain. She was told by the police (reportedly) that they were after her. Even if she wasn't arrested for the actual crime, certainly, she would be questioned for her husband's involvement. Then, you go out and lie about the 1) separation date and 2) that you didn't know about his past, when all of Facebook and even the neighbors were aware! Bad move. Bad move.

So the supposed separation date IIRC is sometime in August but divorce wasn't filed until mid October? Am I correct on that? Wonder what the reason was for waiting so long to file the divorce? I think I just answered my own question, she didn't have the money to file it possibly? Was that why neighbors or church or friends or whoever it was were trying to raise money for her, or was that for other bills? It would've been nice if the attorney (?Holliman) who arranged for U-Haul etc could've paid the fee to file the divorce (or gave her a loan) instead of CL waiting to file it after AL had been charged with Capital Murder and Kidnapping!

In Arkansas, when married, if everything at AL and CL's place was in CL's name (such as utilities) etc., would he have just as much right to be there as she did? Maybe she could have had him evicted? Or gotten a protective order?

Not sure, but ALL of CL's "public" court docs are available the same as AL's that have been discussed here. Probably have to check with Ima?

10 members and 8 guests currently. Please join us guests! Would love to hear your input and thoughts. :)

I was watching a show the other night on TV, I think it was on ID channel, and they actually took the jurors out to the crime scene. Do they really do that in real life??

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUir9_fOU2rOlzrtPy-Dej-w
Here's Arron's youtube link again. The dang motorcycle video isn't there? I'm losing my mind? Or, was it on his FB or IG?

ETA: Perhaps the other local posters (cheer gym) were afraid of their identity being discovered and quit posting? Hmmm...IDK
Here is the Superman Stunt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP_SbZyfBY4
at 1.14 into video if you stop... just like ConnectZdots says, you can see CL holding the Ipad or whatever it is...

To be honest, we don't know that they weren't watching CL as they were AL starting on Sunday morning...

I suspect they were but were waiting for forensics to come back to confirm to them she was involved. We know BC phone was pinging at different locations and we dont know how much video may have been reviewed too. That would take time to go through several videos. Just saying there could very well be CCTV footage.

Here is the Superman Stunt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP_SbZyfBY4
at 1.14 into video if you stop... just like ConnectZdots says, you can see CL holding the Ipad or whatever it is...
Thank you. I viewed again. She is just as crazy as he is for driving that fast and filming while driving!! Sheesh! Where is your daughter, CL? Hopefully not in the backseat! Shouldn't she be home taking daughter to cheer, cooking supper or cleaning house like other 40+ moms do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz