GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know it was in there late enough for Carl Sr and Jr to receive those odd text messages...out for drinks with friends, etc. Wasn't that pretty late at night? I wonder if BC was already buried by then?

Lol I need to read posts first and then comment I guess. Sorry.

Carl sr got 3 text right after 1am Friday morning 9/26 which the next physical day after she was last heard from.

BUT, according to this new info in the Eval, Pg 8 states On Sept 27th (SATURDAY!) Inv Determined thru BC phone records she placed a phone call at approx. 1558 *358pm to 914-206-1776 for approx. 15 min 45 sec. Checking they found out comes back to "Text Me" free text

Thinking out loud.....Investigators thru phone records found that someone used BC phone the idiots used it Saturday afternoon! The Sims card was removed from the Iphone when the found it on Sunday the 28th. ..... So that ping from Saturday afternoon that brought their attention to 165 Randall and the surveillance on Sunday morning. Actually, they probably were watching for both, because it was suppose to be a couple and so far all was leading to a couple.. but CL wasn't home at time. But if AL/CL had buried BC Thur/Friday and the pings at the Hwy 5 earlier wouldn't they have located her earlier??? ETA: trying to figure out how the Victim and suspect phones traced to the HWY 5 area I am wondering if CL was using the sims card in her flip phone... would that work? again thinking out loud.

IMO, it seems that AL and CL have the tendency to blame others for whatever goes wrong - it's always somebody elses fault, and they prefer to take no responsibilities for their own actions. If I recall correctly, I believe TKL has even stated here in the thread that CL had a habit of always blaming someone else and that nothing was ever her fault. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I wonder whose fault it was/is that CL's phone was connected to the "TextMe" app. I bet she didn't know about that either, LOL.
How sad, that Beverly's life was taken. AL a 7-time convicted felon and CL that apparently/allegedly had no criminal history and was oh, so innocent in all this. SMH.

Sheesh. I've followed this so closely from the beginning, but now even I'm confused after reading this thread. Better start over tomorrow completely sober, I think!

My first thought is....ok....that phone was registered to CL.....so what? Wasn't everything in her name?

And yet the one thing that CL was worried/embarrassed about was possibility of her DNA on Beverly's phone because Beverly's phone was allegedly found on CL's dirty panties that were on the dresser so the pit-bull didn't eat them and IIRC, the dresser was so tall that CL didn't see the phone laying on the panties. Am I remembering this correctly??

So, what if there were 2 phones registered to CL - hers and AL's - and both of those phones have incriminating text messages back and forth to them. Are we to assume then that AL sat there and texted himself back and forth?? Just curious as to how that would play out?

Sheesh. I've followed this so closely from the beginning, but now even I'm confused after reading this thread. Better start over tomorrow completely sober, I think!

My first thought is....ok....that phone was registered to CL.....so what? Wasn't everything in her name?
Exactly. We have 4 phones on our family plan, which is in my husband's name.

So, what if there were 2 phones registered to CL - hers and AL's - and both of those phones have incriminating text messages back and forth to them. Are we to assume then that AL sat there and texted himself back and forth?? Just curious as to how that would play out?
I am still trying to catch up on all this. Where does it say they have incriminating texts from CL. I just must not have gotten that far yet.

Very interesting indeed! I just came here to post the same article.

A couple of talking points:

Antisocial Personality Disorder. No kidding. LOL But....ouch! They deserve to die?

We've seen this referenced before. To our VI's....is she the type that would marry someone just to help him get visitation with his kids? I wonder if there was a "fee" involved? Maybe given in the form of a gift? Or do the VI's think this is just a bunch of bunk?

I don't believe I had heard this before. Too bad for Beverly (and really..for CL, as well) that they didn't finish the job.

I find this VERY interesting. So the number that was used was a fake number. I'm guessing it was something akin to Google Voice? Does anyone know how this works exactly? Does this mean that it was for sure her physical phone that was used to make the call, or just an account associated with her phone number? Then again, even if it was her phone, with AL's penchant for taking and using her phone (we know he used it to call TKL in the extortion attempt...one would assume without her permission or knowledge), I still have to wonder who it was that actually made the call?

Was this a number set up specifically for this crime or was it maybe a number they used for their...um....extra-curricular activities. ;) I tend to believe it could be the latter. Would you really want these people knowing your real contact information?

As usual with this case, a lot more questions than answers. But, little by little we are getting some information.

Two more docket entries for today:
https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/cconnect/PROD/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=60CR-14-3928&begin_date=&end_date=

02/26/2015
12:02 PM COURT APPEARANCE LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE
Entry: DEF PRESENT W/ATTY RESET 03-04-15 @ 8:30 AM, SPEEDY TRIAL TOLLED
Images No Images

02/26/2015
12:03 PM JUDGE NOTE LEWIS, AARON M
Entry: DEF IN ADC NOT BROUGHT RESET 3-4-15 @ 8:30 AM. SPEEDY TRIAL TOLLED MOTION TO SEAL ACT III-DENIED
Images No Images

I had to look up the meaning of "speedy trial tolled" and I found this. Bolding by me:
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-does-speedy-trial-tolled-mean-1344958.html

It was mentioned before that CL had found out prior to any of the BC stuff that he was using an app to text women. Probably swingers too.

I have said this before but man it still bugs me. AL with his criminal history should have never been out to begin. His first crime was robbing a bank. I would have thought you would have gotten a lot more time for that. Then he stole a motorcycle upon release from prison. Crazy.

My post said: So, what IF there were 2 phones registered to CL - hers and AL's - and both of those phones have incriminating text messages back and forth to them......etc etc etc *IF* is the keyword. Sorry for any confusion. :)

My understanding is when she turned on the second phone it was with the same number.

Originally Posted by mpnola View Post

So, on this journalist's Facebook page (she is from NBC/ FOX in Little Rock, AR), there is an interesting comment referring to a "burner" phone that we have discussed many times here. I know this can't be taken as a fact, but this was very early on and could be legit and it does fit in with other facts we know. This could definitely be a link to how they are so certain Crystal played an equal part. JMO.

Here is the link to the post:
https://www.facebook.com/reportermelissaschroeder/posts/874846992526868

The comment was made by LDB on Sept. 28, 2014 at 10:48PM
***Butler or TKL- if y'all know this not to be true, feel free to call BS on my post!***

Butler 1/14/2015 847am
All I know is that she had a new/different phone with a different number (which does not go along with the story that she activated a different phone with her same number) on Monday night after she was released on the TBR charge. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-9-ARREST&p=11390967#post11390967

Lol I need to read posts first and then comment I guess. Sorry.

Carl sr got 3 text right after 1am Friday morning 9/26 which the next physical day after she was last heard from.

BUT, according to this new info in the Eval, Pg 8 states On Sept 27th (SATURDAY!) Inv Determined thru BC phone records she placed a phone call at approx. 1558 *358pm to 914-206-1776 for approx. 15 min 45 sec. Checking they found out comes back to "Text Me" free text

Thinking out loud.....Investigators thru phone records found that someone used BC phone the idiots used it Saturday afternoon! The Sims card was removed from the Iphone when the found it on Sunday the 28th. ..... So that ping from Saturday afternoon that brought their attention to 165 Randall and the surveillance on Sunday morning. Actually, they probably were watching for both, because it was suppose to be a couple and so far all was leading to a couple.. but CL wasn't home at time. But if AL/CL had buried BC Thur/Friday and the pings at the Hwy 5 earlier wouldn't they have located her earlier??? ETA: trying to figure out how the Victim and suspect phones traced to the HWY 5 area I am wondering if CL was using the sims card in her flip phone... would that work? again thinking out loud.

I had to reread that part of the report a couple of times and I'm still confused on the wording.

Did it mean that the actual date the pings were made or was it the date that LE discovered the pings? I was leaning toward the latter, but now I'm rethinking this.

* It details that investigators determined Lewis as a suspect after finding that a number placed to Carter's phone was made through a texting/phone app that provides smartphone users with free text and voice messages. The company provided authorities with the actual cell phone number assigned to the app number – which was linked to Lewis' estranged wife Crystal Lowery's phone*

If I remb correctly it was in the back and forth with the other female on instagram that CL talked about an app... also not sure if there or somewhere else but have seen multi places, the phones where all in CL name. They had to have something else to Link to AL to begin with. If it had merely been the phone that linked back to CL at the beginning, they would have went after CL first. Per the newspaper reports they had AL as a suspect >

"Working through clues that Friday and Saturday, investigators determined that Lewis was a "likely candidate" in Carter’s abduction, Haynes said. Investigators began conducting surveillance on Lewis about 7 a.m. Sept. 28, he said." http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-3-ARREST!&p=11054346#post11054346

JMHO, but I believe this is why they have charged CL as an equal in these charges. Also, if what we are told by VI 1 and 2 is true, CL had her smartphone with her wherever she was. And AL called her to come to the hospital and allegedly she went. And allegedly turned over her cellphone, on Sunday. That would be before she knew they were on to her and they had the actual phone to work with. It also give weight to the fact that they arrested her on same charges. They have pings remember. Those pings are going to be very interesting.

I also remember the whole extra phone conversation. First we were led to believe that CL just switched the phone number over to an old flip phone she had at the house. VI#1 said that CL was worried about the text messages for that week. I have to go back and look, but wasn't there that whole conversation about deleting text messages and how long you could go back? Just thought about this, IF CL had a diff phone number, how could she go in an delete text from her smart phone #? So the text would have to be from the flip phone correct? OR FROM THE FAKE APP # ;) ;) hmmm wonder if she deleted those from her fake app # .. they can pull all that stuff up. Saw it in the George Zimmerman case, where they got tons from Trayvon Marting phone
I don't remember VI 1 saying CL was worried about any of her text messages. When was this? What do you mean fake app? There has been nothing stated that CL had a texting app on her phone and the app AL had is a real app, as referenced in the report not a fake one.

I think she meant a fake phone number app......one that disguises the real number calling or texting.

I had to reread that part of the report a couple of times and I'm still confused on the wording.

Did it mean that the actual date the pings were made or was it the date that LE discovered the pings? I was leaning toward the latter, but now I'm rethinking this.
I read it as the day they were made. It just took them until Saturday to access that info.

So BC had been texting with AL as well. I know we are in a texting age but I just assumed their only conversation had been a quick one to set up the appointment. I also had assumed AL had ask to see that specific house, but with her texting back and forth with him, and then the 15+ minute conversation maybe she was going over the different homes that were for sale in that area, and they decided to see that one first.

* It details that investigators determined Lewis as a suspect after finding that a number placed to Carter's phone was made through a texting/phone app that provides smartphone users with free text and voice messages. The company provided authorities with the actual cell phone number assigned to the app number – which was linked to Lewis' estranged wife Crystal Lowery's phone*

If I remb correctly it was in the back and forth with the other female on instagram that CL talked about an app... also not sure if there or somewhere else but have seen multi places, the phones where all in CL name. They had to have something else to Link to AL to begin with. If it had merely been the phone that linked back to CL at the beginning, they would have went after CL first. Per the newspaper reports they had AL as a suspect >

"Working through clues that Friday and Saturday, investigators determined that Lewis was a "likely candidate" in Carter’s abduction, Haynes said. Investigators began conducting surveillance on Lewis about 7 a.m. Sept. 28, he said." http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-3-ARREST!&p=11054346#post11054346

JMHO, but I believe this is why they have charged CL as an equal in these charges. Also, if what we are told by VI 1 and 2 is true, CL had her smartphone with her wherever she was. And AL called her to come to the hospital and allegedly she went. And allegedly turned over her cellphone, on Sunday. That would be before she knew they were on to her and they had the actual phone to work with. It also give weight to the fact that they arrested her on same charges. They have pings remember. Those pings are going to be very interesting.

I also remember the whole extra phone conversation. First we were led to believe that CL just switched the phone number over to an old flip phone she had at the house. VI#1 said that CL was worried about the text messages for that week. I have to go back and look, but wasn't there that whole conversation about deleting text messages and how long you could go back? Just thought about this, IF CL had a diff phone number, how could she go in an delete text from her smart phone #? So the text would have to be from the flip phone correct? OR FROM THE FAKE APP # ;) ;) hmmm wonder if she deleted those from her fake app # .. they can pull all that stuff up. Saw it in the George Zimmerman case, where they got tons from Trayvon Marting phone
This is confusing to me. It says when he wrecked he had his phone. Did AL volunteer that info? I mean they said they had to act like he wasn't a suspect which was why he was able to escape from the hospital. Did they take his phone when he wrecked? I believe Butler may have said LE called CL to the hospital and not AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee