GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it sounds insane! The actual thought if him accepting fault (for anything) is completely preposterous on its own! Thanks for the warm welcome!

The thought just occurred to me that he would probably try to get her to do that for him....

He said on his fb before it was deleted he would do anything for her. I shudder to think what that may have meant.

I disagree, I think he is exactly as smart as I think he is. Just because he knows how to read and write does not grant him any common sense. Nor does it grant him the level of thinking necessary to plan and carry out a crime like this without leaving evidence. I thought he was a moron before, but now I am sure of it.

I agree, I think he uses a splatter approach. Throw it out there and see what sticks.

Wish we had a verified mental health professional in thread, I'd be interested to hear what they think is wrong with him.

I had this same thought. It is so unthinkable that I don't even want to mentally process it, but it crossed my mind more thank once.

Also, Crystal may be playing close with Arron knowing that if she doesn't, he will have no problem rolling on her. For now, he is still trying to help. Piss him off, he probably has evidence and info galore against her. I see him as being slick like that.

Can someone refresh my memory. Did Beverly stand in for another realtor, or did they know it would be her showing the property from the get go?

Can someone refresh my memory. Did Beverly stand in for another realtor, or did they know it would be her showing the property from the get go?

I originally thought the "referral" thing meant it was another agent who asked her to show. I now think that wasn't the case. I think she took the call for the appointment. I don't have a link for that, it is just my opinion of how this went down. I don't think it was ever stated as fact either way.

I go back and forth on that. Its not smart to take a dead persons phone home with you or dispose of a body at a place that you recently worked at. He wasn't a smart thief because he got caught 7 times.He is smart enough to draft motions and even win money from the state. If he would have put his talent to use instead of investing in a life of crime, he may have made one heck of an attorney. Maybe he is criminally insane.Or just plain cocky. I dont know what to think of him. jmo

I agree with all of this. However, he was also only caught 7 times prior to this incident. Who knows the number of crimes he committed he wasn't caught for! I think AL is an intelligent guy. I don't know why he screwed this crime up so badly in terms of evidence.....maybe it was drugs affecting his brain.

The part that makes me angry is I reported AL extortion attempt to LE. If they had even looked into it they would have found him on parole and locked him up last summer.

The part that makes me angry is I reported AL extortion attempt to LE. If they had even looked into it they would have found him on parole and locked him up last summer.

Ugh. I didn't even think of that when you mentioned upthread about reporting it. Seriously sickening to think of it. :(

And a life could have been saved...tragic.

What will it take to keep habitual felons locked up, away from the rest of us? Sickening.

Blame the system. Until Beverly's murder, AL was considered a non-violent offender.

To combat the problem, Arkansas launched a bipartisan, multi-branch study conducted by the Pew Center on the States.[SUP]3[/SUP] Pew’s report found that Arkansas’s crisis stemmed largely from its own doing: the State underutilized probation, needlessly increased sentences for nonviolent offenders, departed substantially from voluntary-sentencing guidelines, and too often delayed the transfer of inmates to parole.[SUP]4[/SUP] The report [[1110]]suggested the following general recommendations to alleviate these issues: (1) more frequent and clear probation orders; (2) lighter penalties for nonviolent offenders; (3) better data-collection and performance measurements; (4) streamlined and efficient parole hearings; and (5) an increased role for locally based programs and community involvement.[SUP]5[/SUP]
http://media.law.uark.edu/arklawrev...est-obstacle-to-prison-reform-remains-intact/

You did the very right thing by reporting it. So often, people don't want to report things. I always think it is best to report because many little things reported can sometimes avoid a big horrible thing. Unfortunately, even though you reported, he wasn't followed closely enough by his parole officer for being a multiple timed convicted offender to avoid that big thing!!! This should not have come as much of a surprise for them. It is common to continue escalating through crimes and levels of violence, especially when it has continued for so many years. We know he committed assault on a police officer, so violence is not above him. He is nothing but a big path of destruction with a disregard for everyone, except himself (or maybe even including himself!). He is still causing nothing but problems, right where he sits today. Nothing is his fault. He is wronged by everyone. That is why everyone deserves anything he can put them through. In his mind, he is slick enough to get away with absolutely anything. I hope that this one time, he is wrong. I hope he never sees the light of day to harm anyone else again. And I hope any lawsuit he files and wins (which we can all be 100% sure that he will file many), that money goes directly back to all his victims. He should be working to pay them back, although no money will ever make anything better. I am sorry your family ever had to encounter him! He is horrible.

Since his arrest has law enforcement followed up on that extortion attempt? Have they asked you anything about either AL or CL or both?

I assume it was probably one of those "your word against his" type of situations. Aside from record of a call coming in from CL's cell phone there probably wasn't anything to back up the claim and so I don't think LE had a choice as it never would have gone anywhere. (Doubt he would have admitted to it.) The real shame is in him being a seven time convicted felon allowed to walk free and destroy more lives. From MSM it appears as though he was able to get away with quite a lot leading up to his arrest. SMH.

You did the very right thing by reporting it. So often, people don't want to report things. I always think it is best to report because many little things reported can sometimes avoid a big horrible thing. Unfortunately, even though you reported, he wasn't followed closely enough by his parole officer for being a multiple timed convicted offender to avoid that big thing!!! This should not have come as much of a surprise for them. It is common to continue escalating through crimes and levels of violence, especially when it has continued for so many years. We know he committed assault on a police officer, so violence is not above him. He is nothing but a big path of destruction with a disregard for everyone, except himself (or maybe even including himself!). He is still causing nothing but problems, right where he sits today. Nothing is his fault. He is wronged by everyone. That is why everyone deserves anything he can put them through. In his mind, he is slick enough to get away with absolutely anything. I hope that this one time, he is wrong. I hope he never sees the light of day to harm anyone else again. And I hope any lawsuit he files and wins (which we can all be 100% sure that he will file many), that money goes directly back to all his victims. He should be working to pay them back, although no money will ever make anything better. I am sorry your family ever had to encounter him! He is horrible.

YIKES! I never really thought about it until now, but, IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if AL tries to file suit against the system including the parole officer - had they been doing their job and properly babysitting him he would have never gotten into this trouble. ALWAYS somebody else's fault.

YIKES! I never really thought about it until now, but, IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if AL tries to file suit against the system including the parole officer - had they been doing their job and properly babysitting him he would have never gotten into this trouble. ALWAYS somebody else's fault.

Give him time. He has nothing to do until the trial starts but sue, sue, sue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810