GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
22 degrees and snowing here in central Arkansas��. Hope your weather is more pleasant! I was hoping to hear more news on this case, guess I be waiting a little longer.

I wonder if AL and CL are looking forward to court Thursday? If nothing else, at least they get out to get some fresh air and a change of scenery.

does anybody know what the actual procedure is for on Thursday? I have no legal experience in these matters.

does anybody know what the actual procedure is for on Thursday? I have no legal experience in these matters.

Not sure either. So far there hasn't been an order to transfer them to the courthouse posted on the docket. BUT on AL one of the 2 that was filed on Jan 30th. The first on has no date of transfer, but the second one has added wording to meet with Counsel upon arrival. https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/c...=P&case_id=60CR-14-3928&begin_date=&end_date=
So far I don't see one for CL to be transported. But with this case, they have been posting to docket late on somethings. Prob to keep as much underwraps as possible. JMHO

**looking back I don't see where they did a transfer order ever on CL, so I going to go out on a limb and say they did AL because he was located at the ADOC and they local sheriff office had to transport. again JMO

According to KATV's facebook page, AL will not be at the hearing today.

https://www.facebook.com/KATVChannel7/photos/a.10150849936456323.466284.29348676322/10153119420861323/?type=1&theater

UPDATE: The alleged murderer of Realtor Beverly Carter will NOT be in court this morning. Arron Lewis' attorney said he didn't make the transfer order from his ADC prison and waiting to hear about rescheduled hearing. Attorney was supposed to hear the results of Lewis' mental evaluation today. Lewis' estranged wife Crystal Lowery will be in court for a hearing this morning. Walked in by bailiff moments ago.

KARK's FB page has video of CL arriving at court.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153172473339113

I wonder what this does for CL's case? Isn't the current line of thought that "she" (ie: her attorney) was waiting to see the outcome of AL's mental evaluation? Wouldn't he and his attorney have to be present before that information is released to anyone else? Or I wonder if they will go ahead and give out the results today?

EDIT TO ADD: I forgot to mention that according to this article, the mental evaluation is complete. http://www.thv11.com/story/news/crime/2015/02/26/hearing-delayed-for-arron-lewis-accused-of-killing-real-estate-agent-beverly-carter/24051535/

This would be backed up by the entry here: https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/cconnect/PROD/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=60CR-14-3928&begin_date=&end_date=

02/26/2015
08:56 AM REPORT STATE HOSPITAL
Entry: ARRON MICHAEL LEWIS
Images No Images

Isn't the current line of thought that "she" (ie: her attorney) was waiting to see the outcome of AL's mental evaluation? Wouldn't he and his attorney have to be present before that information is released to anyone else? Or I wonder if they will go ahead and give out the results today?

I just had my question answered.

AL has been found fit to stand trial. KATV just posted it on FB: https://www.facebook.com/KATVChannel7/photos/a.10150849936456323.466284.29348676322/10153119572451323/?type=1&theater

Very interesting indeed! I just came here to post the same article.

A couple of talking points:

According to the summary of opinions detailed in the evaluation by a psychologist, Arron Lewis, 34, has been diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder.

The evaluation report details that a face-to-face interview was conducted with Lewis for seven hours. Within the interview, he reportedly shared with the psychologist that his home life was "a bunch of chaos," and he said, "I believe both my parents deserve to die for how they brought me up." He described that as a child, he often ran away from home.

Antisocial Personality Disorder. No kidding. LOL But....ouch! They deserve to die?

According to the psychologist, Lewis said he married Crystal Lowery in April of 2014 in attempts to gain visitation rights with one of his children.

We've seen this referenced before. To our VI's....is she the type that would marry someone just to help him get visitation with his kids? I wonder if there was a "fee" involved? Maybe given in the form of a gift? Or do the VI's think this is just a bunch of bunk?

Lewis is said to have PTSD due to a prison fight in 2009. He told the psychologist that he was stabbed multiple times in the incident, and that he is anxious around other people.

I don't believe I had heard this before. Too bad for Beverly (and really..for CL, as well) that they didn't finish the job.

Inside the evaluation report, information obtained from Lewis' arrest warrant affidavit is listed. It details that investigators determined Lewis as a suspect after finding that a number placed to Carter's phone was made through a texting/phone app that provides smartphone users with free text and voice messages. The company provided authorities with the actual cell phone number assigned to the app number – which was linked to Lewis' estranged wife Crystal Lowery's phone

I find this VERY interesting. So the number that was used was a fake number. I'm guessing it was something akin to Google Voice? Does anyone know how this works exactly? Does this mean that it was for sure her physical phone that was used to make the call, or just an account associated with her phone number? Then again, even if it was her phone, with AL's penchant for taking and using her phone (we know he used it to call TKL in the extortion attempt...one would assume without her permission or knowledge), I still have to wonder who it was that actually made the call?

Was this a number set up specifically for this crime or was it maybe a number they used for their...um....extra-curricular activities. ;) I tend to believe it could be the latter. Would you really want these people knowing your real contact information?

As usual with this case, a lot more questions than answers. But, little by little we are getting some information.

Two more docket entries for today:
https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/cconnect/PROD/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=60CR-14-3928&begin_date=&end_date=

02/26/2015
12:02 PM COURT APPEARANCE LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE
Entry: DEF PRESENT W/ATTY RESET 03-04-15 @ 8:30 AM, SPEEDY TRIAL TOLLED
Images No Images

02/26/2015
12:03 PM JUDGE NOTE LEWIS, AARON M
Entry: DEF IN ADC NOT BROUGHT RESET 3-4-15 @ 8:30 AM. SPEEDY TRIAL TOLLED MOTION TO SEAL ACT III-DENIED
Images No Images

I had to look up the meaning of "speedy trial tolled" and I found this. Bolding by me:
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-does-speedy-trial-tolled-mean-1344958.html

Most jurisdictions, including Illinois, have a statute providing that a defendant must be tried within a certain time of arrest. The exact nature of these statutes varies from state to state. But the time within which the defendant must be tried begins with the defendant's arrest or some other triggering incident (such as a formal trial demand). However, various things can temporarily stop the clock. For an obvious example, if the defendant requests a continuance, the clock is stopped for the period of the continuance. The technical phrase for those periods during which the speedy trial clock does not run is that the statute is "tolled" for that time. So tolling means, essentially, a "time-out_" on the speedy trial clock.

AL was stabbed with a shank when he was in Fed Prison in Terre Haute IN. IIRC it was in the stab wound to the chest. I got this from medical records that were in when he sued the state and won the $

"Lowery was in court Thursday but there are no new developments in her case. They both will be in court next Wednesday, March 4. At 8:30 a.m"

* the whole reason CL attorney wanted her review the same today as AL was to see what the mental eval said and get a game plan for her case (from prev news reports) So now we see she is going to be there when he has his rescheduled hearing.

I am curious if CL lawyer will do this thru out this whole process? Since AL attorney didn't get a transfer order (I had been curious on that earlier) I am thinking it may have been a calculated move ... also when AL met with his lawyer I still thinking that it may have been to get a mental exam from their own expert. AL was gone almost the same length of time as he was when he went for the States exam. JMHO

* It details that investigators determined Lewis as a suspect after finding that a number placed to Carter's phone was made through a texting/phone app that provides smartphone users with free text and voice messages. The company provided authorities with the actual cell phone number assigned to the app number – which was linked to Lewis' estranged wife Crystal Lowery's phone*

If I remb correctly it was in the back and forth with the other female on instagram that CL talked about an app... also not sure if there or somewhere else but have seen multi places, the phones where all in CL name. They had to have something else to Link to AL to begin with. If it had merely been the phone that linked back to CL at the beginning, they would have went after CL first. Per the newspaper reports they had AL as a suspect >

"Working through clues that Friday and Saturday, investigators determined that Lewis was a "likely candidate" in Carter’s abduction, Haynes said. Investigators began conducting surveillance on Lewis about 7 a.m. Sept. 28, he said." http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-3-ARREST!&p=11054346#post11054346

JMHO, but I believe this is why they have charged CL as an equal in these charges. Also, if what we are told by VI 1 and 2 is true, CL had her smartphone with her wherever she was. And AL called her to come to the hospital and allegedly she went. And allegedly turned over her cellphone, on Sunday. That would be before she knew they were on to her and they had the actual phone to work with. It also give weight to the fact that they arrested her on same charges. They have pings remember. Those pings are going to be very interesting.

I also remember the whole extra phone conversation. First we were led to believe that CL just switched the phone number over to an old flip phone she had at the house. VI#1 said that CL was worried about the text messages for that week. I have to go back and look, but wasn't there that whole conversation about deleting text messages and how long you could go back? Just thought about this, IF CL had a diff phone number, how could she go in an delete text from her smart phone #? So the text would have to be from the flip phone correct? OR FROM THE FAKE APP # ;) ;) hmmm wonder if she deleted those from her fake app # .. they can pull all that stuff up. Saw it in the George Zimmerman case, where they got tons from Trayvon Marting phone

Butler,
Didn't you say you thought the LEO called CL to tell her about the accident AL was in? Been a while, have to refresh. Forgive me if I am remembering incorrectly. I will go back and look. Seems like at one point there was confusion, VI#1 and you were told diff things. One was LEO called CL and one was AL called CL to come to the hosp. IF it was LEO hmmm how did they know her cell phone number ;) ***please know that I am not being snarky,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryptocloud155