DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2nd article continued...
upload_2020-9-7_21-13-12.jpeg
(to serve as link to article)

Searcy Woman Still Missing
Published September 22, 2018

•Brooke’s father said at the time he did not want “to speculate” on why his daughter disappeared.
•He asked that if anyone saw or spoke with Brooke in Searcy on July 12 to please contact LE
•He explained that Brooke’s last name is Durham but since her divorce, she was going by her maiden name, Allensworth.

•Independence Co Sheriff was interviewed by KARK News; he stated Brooke’s car was found and it looked as it had been abandoned for awhile. He said it looked like it was broke down, flat tire. It appeared someone came through and she left.
•Independence Co Sheriff was then interviewed by a Batesville news source; he stated a flat occurred while driving from Newport to Searcy. A passerby temporarily fixed the flat, but it went flat again causing her to pull over near Oil Trough where deputies found the car after being called out to the area.

Brooke’s father: “Somebody knows something,” he said. “Now the investigator did tell me it was kind of one of those things. A disappearance.”

Here’s the screenshot as verification of part of the 2nd of the two articles....
View attachment 262957
(to serve as ‘link’)

This article published by The Daily Citizen is a little longer than the first one so I’m going to break down the main points/info into two posts!

IMO (based on info below), this is one of the many issues this case is facing...various LE agencies either putting the case off or not taking an active role in it, etc...

Searcy Woman Still Missing
Published September 22, 2018

AR State Police
•Bill Sadler, public information officer w/ AR State Police stated the agency is assisting with the case; investigating any tips that are reported to Independence Co or Searcy PD.
•Sadler confirmed there is an active investigation and search for Brooke BUT stated “records of this department indicate the AR State Police is working in a secondary role to assist with the case.”
•Sadler (ASP) named Searcy PD as the leading agency.

Searcy PD
•Searcy PD reply to their agency being involved/leasing case, “This is not our case.”
•Searcy PD explained that the original MP report was filed with them because that’s where Brooke lived, but when her car was found in Independence Co, they started the investigation.

Independence County
•Independence Co stated their understanding of the situation is they transferred the case to AR State Police because the incident took place “over 2-3 counties” and ASP have statewide jurisdiction.

Brooke’s Father
•Brooke’s father’s take on it is that he’s under the impression that the AR State Police was over his daughter’s case
•ASP is who he communicates with
•He also stated ASP told him not to talk about the case.

Merely my opinion, but I believe this article (the one quoted above) shows at least one “roadblock” in finding out what happened the day Brooke disappeared & where she is.
There are 3 LE agencies that have their hands in this case somehow yet they are not agreeing on how they each play or played a part in it. They are not even agreeing on which agency is heading or even has the case. That in itself seems to be a problem in my opinion.
I’d think a lot of valuable time was lost and valuable investigation time & resources were lost due to the agencies “passing the case around.”
Again, merely my opinion. And I respect LE; I firmly believe they are essential to our communities, but if there can’t be an agreement on whose case it is, I see that as a problem.

Quick question!

When creating a NamUs page for a MP, who is able to do so? For example in Brooke’s case, did LE have to set up her NamUs page or can family, a citizen, etc?
NamUs 2.0 Database Application
Missing person records can be entered into NamUs by anyone, including the general public; however, all cases are verified with the appropriate law enforcement agency prior to publication in NamUs.
NamUs

KARK4 News

KARK4 News shared this coverage on Brooke’s car being found (2 years ago). It’s an older video but it offers clear images of Brooke’s car as it was found that day. There are images of where it was actually parked, how it was parked, the condition of car/flat tire, etc.

NamUs 2.0 Database Application
Missing person records can be entered into NamUs by anyone, including the general public; however, all cases are verified with the appropriate law enforcement agency prior to publication in NamUs.
NamUs

Thanks for such a quick response!
My reason for asking is because I sometimes wonder if the “circumstance of disappearance” section ONLY include what’s been verified by let’s say LE and not well intended info by someone else but that may possible include misinformation (if that makes sense :confused:)!
I’m not saying that’s the case here...

Do we know what town the salon is in that Brooke visited to get her hair and nails done at?
Searcy, Oil Trough, Newport, Newark???

And do we know for sure what time and day she visited the salon?
July 11? July 12?
Morning? Mid day? Evening?

According to her father, she was last seen in the Newark & Newport areas on July 10 and possibly in Searcy on July 12 after having a disagreement with her ex husband Brad Durham.

This makes me question who saw her in the Newark/Newport areas on July 10?
What was she doing there?
Who shared info about Brooke possibly seen in Searcy on July 12?
If she was in Searcy on the 12th, what time of the day was this?
What about July 11? Is this date accounted for?

Thanks for such a quick response!
My reason for asking is because I sometimes wonder if the “circumstance of disappearance” section ONLY include what’s been verified by let’s say LE and not well intended info by someone else but that may possible include misinformation (if that makes sense :confused:)!
I’m not saying that’s the case here...
you are most welcome. I really believe this disappearance follows the usual pattern IMO.

Anyone know how long fix-a- flat typically lasts before you have to get the tire fixed??

Anyone know how long fix-a- flat typically lasts before you have to get the tire fixed??
My own experience was long enough to drive straight to Sears and get a new tire. I think the fix a flat guy has come forward IIRC. I think someone else was following/waiting for her. I need to go look at that jail roster again.

JMO

Thinking aloud here!
What are the chances that ONE DAY after Brooke was reported missing (not went missing), her car is found abandoned?

My own experience was long enough to drive straight to Sears and get a new tire. I think the fix a flat guy has come forward IIRC. I think someone else was following/waiting for her. I need to go look at that jail roster again.

JMO
I agree. I was thinking along the lines of how far she could go. Could she make it home? Down the road? A couple days?

Brooke Allensworth !! Missing !! Public Group | Facebook

Reading through posts, it appears a search was planned by family and friends for last weekend, but was cancelled due to sickness.
Today’s post is asking if anyone is interested in conducting a search this weekend (Sept 19-20).

In response to my post above...
I think it’s awesome that Brooke’s name and story is being brought back up by citizens around the area she lived & went missing in. Her story has expanded beyond this one area of AR, and that in itself is a success IMO.

With that being said, I know it gets discouraging when it seems there is very little info to go on & so much time has passed. I feel like some of the info that has been shared is questionable to a point. I say that because I feel like there’s various “versions” depending on what article and person in the article that’s being shared. IMO as long as the 3 LE agencies keep handing her case off to one another, it’s going to be even tougher to find Brooke.

I’m really glad to see that family and friends are trying to conduct a search this weekend. My prayers are with them as searches are done; it’s going to be tough, IMO. Anyone familiar with the area knows there are so many small, country roads that lead to who knows what, woods for days to suddenly find yourself in a field or pasture, and water sources from rivers to ponds to water holes that could potentially be searched!
With very little info being shared, it’s hard to even pinpoint an area to begin searching.

A lot of holes in the circumstances that lead up to Brooke disappearing, to her being reported missing, to her car being found. It’s a tragic circumstance. I pray for answers for the family. ❤️

One thing that’s sad about Brooke’s disappearance is it's still unclear exactly where she was last seen and the circumstances on the days before leading up to her disappearance.

If you look at the few sources we do have, you’ll notice this info various...even at times something may match up but the details may slightly differ. It’s frustrating for sure.

To make some sense out of the info we do have, I’ve attempted to create a timeline of some sort...I included info & events as they were shared in various sources we already have linked in Brooke’s thread. That’s why some dates may have multiple events or dates may seem to contradict each other, (LIKE MULTIPLE LAST SEEN DATES & PLACES) but maybe seeing all the info laid out we can try to make some sense out of it (or at least a tiny part of it).

JULY 10
•seen this day in Newark & Newport areas

JULY 11
•fix-a-flat put in tire
•hair & nails done (at a salon in Newark)
•last seen Oil Trough/Newark area

JULY 12
•last seen in Oil Trough/Newark area
•last seen leaving her house in Searcy that morning
•last seen in Searcy after a disagreement with her ex husband Brad Durham

JULY 13
•case documents filed for guardianship of one of the children

JULY 26
THURSDAY
•Brooke’s dad reported her missing to Searcy PD

JULY 27
FRIDAY
•Independence Co received a call about an abandoned car at 122 White River Access; tags ran & came back as Brooke’s car.
•car was abandoned with her phone & cigarettes in it, no keys, flat front right tire.

JULY 30
MONDAY
•Independence Co filed their own MP report & entered Brooke into the system

AUGUST 1
WEDNESDAY
•searched area where car was found; airplane aided in search

AUGUST 2
THURSDAY
•22 person search party searched river & woods; cadaver dogs used; Jackson Co helped with land & water search up to Newport area and county line.

AUGUST 6
•Independence Co still had not been able to contact the person last known to be with Brooke; LE made an appeal for him to contact them.

Additional Notes:
•two left shoes worn (a flip flop & a wedge)
•Names/Aliases
Brooke Allensworth
Brooke Lairson Durham
Brooke Hightower

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members