Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing woman's car found abandoned under bridge

Her dad filed MP report on a Thursday.
Her car was found the next day, Friday.
Independence Co filed an additional report by Monday.
A search was done near where her car was found on Wednesday & Thursday.

Questions:
•What caused Brooke’s dad to file a MP report on that particular day vs any day sooner? Did the family not know she was missing?
•What’s the chances that the day after the report was filed, her car was found? Remember, the initial report was filed in Searcy, not Independence Co where her car was found.
•Who actually found the car?
•Why didn’t Searcy PD enter her MP report into the database?
•Was there a reason Independence Co waited a couple days to conduct searches? Is it because they were busy processing the car before that?

Missing Persons Cases Network

Additional link
Updated 2 days ago, Aug 23

Last edited by a moderator:
Vigil Held as Search Continues for Missing Independence Co. Woman

Here are names of a couple friends/neighbors. May come in handy at some point, idk...
Also shows that at least one of Brooke’s children was a teenager when she disappeared.

•Allensworth has three children. Family friend Cynthia Shaw says this disappearance is devastating for Allensworth’s 15-year-old son.
•Jim Larue lived across the street from the Allensworths for years. For him, the vigil was a way to show he and others want answers.

Also...
•Investigators traveled about 100 miles down stream to Woodruff County, but they’re also searching on land around the boat ramp.
•Investigators say a lot of boats come in and out of the boat ramp by the White River where Allensworth’s car was found.

Her father told Searcy police that she may be in the area of Batesville, Newport, Jacksonport or Searcy. He said she was either last seen in the Newark and Newport area July 10 and possibly July 12 in Searcy after having a disagreement with her estranged ex-husband Brad Durham.

Her last name is Durham but since she divorced, she is going by her maiden name -- Allensworth.

Brooke's car, a 2007 black Toyota Camry, was found the day after she was reported missing and looked as if it had been abandoned for a while. "

An Independence County Sheriff said, "the investigation into her disappearance shows the flat occurred while Brooke was traveling from Newport to Searcy. A passerby temporarily fixed it with a can of fix-a-flat, but when it went flat again, she pulled over by the bridge near Oil Trough, where deputies found the vehicle after being called to the area."

The Daily Citizen - thedailycitizen.com

Your question #2 is one I’m curious about too. Were they both arrested the same night in Jackson County? I’m seeing Quake arrest date of 08/21/20 @ 6:43pm and Brad arrest date @ 9:23pm - about 3 hours later. No clue if it’s the same guy as her ex husband but does have same name as the guy arrested based on what I’m seeing on RPS inmate info app.
It is... I’ve researched him way too much.
Brooke Lairson Allensworth – The Charley Project

Some agencies refer to Allensworth by her second married name, Brooke Durham.

Allensworth is a nurse and a single mother of three children.

BBM

Her second married name? So she married a Durham when she married a 2nd time. Correct?
But she wasn’t married any longer when she came up missing?
Is Allensworth her maiden name?

And Lairson is her middle name?
Quoting above first post and bolded by me in first quote.

She was divorced, and her estranged ex husband, Brad or Bradley Durham was last to see her on July 12. I’m not sure what is an estranged ex husband? One you don’t like? One you have a protective order against?

Where Is Brooke? Mother Of 3 Vanishes Into Thin Air In Tiny Arkansas Town | News Break

Don’t ask how I came across this link because I probably couldn’t tell you! :confused::confused:

I tried clicking on “Read Rest of Story” but it only takes me to the site in general, not the rest of the article.
But....instead of clicking on “Read Rest of Story”, scroll down the page to one lone comment. Yikes!

That article had info I hadn't seem before so thanks for finding it.. Granted I am new to this case so maybe others were aware of the info.

The only way I could read the rest of the article was to use the Newbreak App. It says it is an Investigation Discovery article but when I clicked that link to ID it brought up current cases. I couldn't find that article anywhere else. Not sure if we can link info to it either since it can only be read with the app.

That article had info I hadn't seem before so thanks for finding it.. Granted I am new to this case so maybe others were aware of the info.

The only way I could read the rest of the article was to use the Newbreak App. It says it is an Investigation Discovery article but when I clicked that link to ID it brought up current cases. I couldn't find that article anywhere else. Not sure if we can link info to it either since it can only be read with the app.

I downloaded the app just to read the article and it still wouldn’t show the whole thing for me. :(

Missing woman's car found abandoned under bridge

To Note:
•Her father filed a missing person report with Searcy Police Dept.
•The Independence County Sheriffs Department found the car the next day.
•Then, the Independence County Sheriff's Office filed a separate missing person report.

**Searcy, AR is where BA lived; it was stated her dad filed the report with Searcy PD due to that reason.
Her car was found in Independence County (to note: Searcy nor Newport is in Independence Co; Oil Trough is however.)
Independence Co filed an additional MP report themselves.
This is their reason for filing it:
“Searcy Police Department contacted us Monday saying they'd filed one, however she wasn't entered into the state system as being missing." said Stephens, "In order for her to be entered there has to be a report, so we did one that way we can get her entered. That way if any law enforcement agency runs her she'll show up as a missing person."

Just absolutely baffled as to why it took Independence County Sheriff's office so long to find this car if it had been resting there.

Any cameras in this parking lot or area? It's near a bridge and water?

I’m glad you put this text from the article here as the link is not working now. :( I can’t find an article mentioning her estranged ex husband any longer.

This article seems to mention details not found in other articles, but honestly media coverage on her disappearance is very scarce IMO.
I emailed the editor of The Daily Citizen to see if the article could be shared again and asked if they published any other articles covering Brooke’s case.

Can you quote it? I can’t see it. Article won’t fully load for me.

The article itself won’t load for me either..even when I downloaded the app to try and read it.
As far as the comment...if you scroll past “Read More” and a couple ads/pics, you’ll see a Comment button in middle of page...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59
Back