AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking Cassie had a prepaid phone and her mother added minutes. There is no such thing as a prepaid or trac I phone. Did she have a pink Iphone or a tracphone? Or did she borrow the Iphone?

I was thinking Cassie had a prepaid phone and her mother added minutes. There is no such thing as a prepaid or trac I phone. Did she have a pink Iphone or a tracphone? Or did she borrow the Iphone?

What is the difference between a prepaid phone and a trac phone? Is it possible that she had both? Maybe someone else got her the iPhone? Probably a huge stretch. Or maybe she just borrowed it.

Actually on Walmart.com it shows them as an option for straight talk. Pretty pricey though-$449! Same color too.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Apple-iPhone-5C-4G-LTE-16GB-Prepaid-Smartphone/33152934

Could also be an iPod. Does anyone know if she had any other devices that she could use if she turned off her phone?

Where could she go to get cigarettes at 15 years old? The text she sent to her friend worries me and is what makes me think something nefarious happened. Why are all these restrictions on the Amber Alert system? If the missing person is a minor runaway that doesn't mean they're not in very real danger. If a minor is missing no matter the circumstances they need to be entered into the Amber Alert system right away. There are thousands upon thousands of missing persons posters so no one person can remember and recognize all the faces they've seen. Sending out an Amber Alert immediately would help tremendously.

Stuttgart parents seek help locating missing daughter

4787858_G.jpg

http://www.katv.com/story/26582070/stuttgart-parents-seek-help-locating-missing-daughter

My daughter has an I-phone we bought through Straight-talk at Wal-Mart which utilizes tracfone's systems which is prepaid. Granted we paid a pretty penny for it up front but there most definitely is an I-phone you can buy through Straight-talk(tracfone). One wouldn't even have to go with Wal-Mart's Straight-talk, there are pre-paid I-phones available through T-Mobile's pre-paid service as well. Most cell providers now offer a BYOP (Bring-Your-Own-Phone) program where all you do is bring your phone of choice and purchase the SIM card from the cell provider for your monthly pre-paid service. The problem with the pre-paid services like this is I don't think there is a way for the cell company to track the phone like what you would have with ATT, Sprint, or Verizon.

Where could she go to get cigarettes at 15 years old? The text she sent to her friend worries me and is what makes me think something nefarious happened. Why are all these restrictions on the Amber Alert system? If the missing person is a minor runaway that doesn't mean they're not in very real danger. If a minor is missing no matter the circumstances they need to be entered into the Amber Alert system right away. There are thousands upon thousands of missing persons posters so no one person can remember and recognize all the faces they've seen. Sending out an Amber Alert immediately would help tremendously.

While most of us would agree an alert would be nice-the Amber Alert itself is set up with specific qualifications that this case just doesn't meet. If you check the website you'll see what those requirements are. I've always thought that different alerts should be set up to know what sort of missing minor is being looked for. Ie-1-you know for fact was abducted/left in a vehicle 2-unknown circumstances believed in danger 3- disabled, etc there are many cases that could have utilized alerts but don't meet requirements of Amber Alerts.

IMO It's naive to think there aren't clerks that will sell alcohol and tobacco to underage kids. For all we know it was a small local place and she knew the people who worked there. BUT, I don't believe she went to the store for cigs. I was just wondering if maybe SOMEONE ELSE known to her showed up on video around that time to buy cigs.

My daughter has an I-phone we bought through Straight-talk at Wal-Mart which utilizes tracfone's systems which is prepaid. Granted we paid a pretty penny for it up front but there most definitely is an I-phone you can buy through Straight-talk(tracfone). One wouldn't even have to go with Wal-Mart's Straight-talk, there are pre-paid I-phones available through T-Mobile's pre-paid service as well. Most cell providers now offer a BYOP (Bring-Your-Own-Phone) program where all you do is bring your phone of choice and purchase the SIM card from the cell provider for your monthly pre-paid service. The problem with the pre-paid services like this is I don't think there is a way for the cell company to track the phone like what you would have with ATT, Sprint, or Verizon.

The last piece actually isn't true. Prepaid & Straight talks are traceable if you have the phone #. Sometimes you have to further trace a carrier as sometimes the prepaid services are sold from company to company. But it is possible & takes awhile. This was discussed further up thread but in short pings are easiest & data/text/calls take longer especially the last 2 if you don't have a data plan. I worked with a family a year ago who's loved one was located after the carrier finally returned that info & a call was traced to the location of his body unfortunately.

IMO It's naive to think there aren't clerks that will sell alcohol and tobacco to underage kids. For all we know it was a small local place and she knew the people who worked there. BUT, I don't believe she went to the store for cigs. I was just wondering if maybe SOMEONE ELSE known to her showed up on video around that time to buy cigs.

I had made a few suggestions about this issues back in the thread a page or 2. I really hope you're right Egirl & it ends up being someone at the store & on camera! :) Any lead would be great!

About the phone, people sell phones all the time. I see the kids around here constantly buying and selling phones. If she did have an expensive model phone we should not assume it was purchased new. We have heard that Cassie's household is low-income so it would make more sense if she did have an expensive model phone that it was a used purchase which can range in price.

I bought a Tracfone for less than $20 and just buy minutes when I need. It it only for calls and texts but it is very cheap for me, since I am not a phone person, maybe $100 per year. Anyway...for what it is worth.

Couple more questions for locals....
How popular is the bowling alley with teens?

Also (and I know this is a stupid question, but I need specifics, lol)...
How popular is 4 wheeling, motorbiking, and mudding with teens and young adults in the area? Can anyone point me to the tracts and properties, as well as locations like clearcuts, firebreaks etc in wooded areas, and low or dry beds and gullies, banks, washouts etc that are popular for these activities?
TIA.

ETA: thanks to everyone who answered a question or clarified something for me via PM so as not to fill up Cassie's thread with redundancy. If you didn't receive a thank you, your mailbox was full, lol! So a collective thank you to all!

I bought a Tracfone for less than $20 and just buy minutes when I need. It it only for calls and texts but it is very cheap for me, since I am not a phone person, maybe $100 per year. Anyway...for what it is worth.

I thought this pic from JVM looked like a tracf
a5ac3c8602c74104cd452f2c39e5d0ac.jpg
one?

O/T....but how crazy is this?!

This morning I was searching for a gift for a friend in Stuttgart Germany, and came across a 'stuff for sale' facebook page for Stuttgart. It wasn't until I scrolled down a bit and saw a straight talk smart phone for sale that I looked up and realized it was Stuttgart, Arkansas. With all of our speculation and observations today re: Cassie's phone....well, needless to say, it caught my attention.

And made me think of secondhand shops and pawn shops (among other things.) What do we have along those lines in Stuttgart, Arkansas?

ETA: oh and military resale shops and surplus retailers...I've a special interest in those locations. Anyone know which are popular in the area, or do people go into Little Rock?

O/T....but how crazy is this?!

This morning I was searching for a gift for a friend in Stuttgart Germany, and came across a 'stuff for sale' facebook page for Stuttgart. It wasn't until I scrolled down a bit and saw a straight talk smart phone for sale that I looked up and realized it was Stuttgart, Arkansas. With all of our speculation and observations today re: Cassie's phone....well, needless to say, it caught my attention.

And made me think of secondhand shops and pawn shops (among other things.) What do we have along those lines in Stuttgart, Arkansas?

Living in another small town American town I know that here the way things are commonly sold happens online. There are groups on facebook for these things. Say Stuttgart's may be listed as somethings like "Arkansas County, Arkansas Buy Sell Trade" or something similar. People post things, commonly like cell phones and people respond to them and they make arrangements to meet to complete the transaction. Also people looking for things, say a phone will post an ad they are looking for a certain model or style of phone. I know here for example, we have not had a pawn shop for a long time and resale shops have gone away or really struggle, that is because most people turn to online groups to make their own transactions.

Depending on whether she had her phone thru tracfone or straight talk, she could also get an unlocked phone from online or even a friend and hook it up. ST has cards for all the major carriers. Tracfone side requires tracfone branded phone as it has no card options.

I'm pretty clueless about tracfone & straight talk. Since the number she had ran out of minutes (i'm assuming). Could she have let her phone run out, already had a new number w/minutes ready to go? In the event that she ran away. Are there any buses or trains that run through Stuttgart?

Upthread someone mentioned the possibility that Hunter took her home, she changed clothes and possibly a go bag and he then dropped her somewhere for her to get out of town.

Every time I start down that line of thinking, I realize it seems very unlikely. :(

Hunter was her friend and I think he would have talked her out of running away and instead asked her to talk to an adult to help her. That's just what I feel about that. I could be totally wrong, but my gut feeling. I think the answers are within her home. My dream would be for to have had a "go bag" and some kind of help helping her out. But for now, and until we learn something that would change my mind, I think the answers are within that household.

Not that we had any reason to think it is related- if anyone remembers I posted a link over the weekend about a body found in a burned car in Knoxville AR. Here is an update...no ID or gender yet-http://swtimes.com/news/suspect-arrested-after-body-found-burned-car-johnson-county

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee