AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you saw Cassie on Sunday, Sept. 14, or thereafter, you're urged to call one of these numbers:

Stuttgart Police Department (870) 673-1414

Arkansas State Police (870) 850-8630

FBI-Little Rock (501) 221-9100

For those nervous about calling LE or having a tip directly attributed to them please consider calling Klaas Kids at:

1-855-SEEKLOST

Bringing this forward.

That is highly unusual and for sure needs phoned in.

Honestly, I have not heard of any other searches happening, especially with anyone in the community not with LE. In addition, I have not heard of any searches performed by LE either. This is a small town and if someone saw a group of people searching, especially in uniform or giving the appearance of being official, then I would think that news would get around. There is still one area that I know needs to be searched and I'm sure the newly formed search group (which I am going to try and be a part of) from Sunday's gathering will search there because we had previously talked about it. However, we don't really have the resources to do some searching. The area I am thinking of is a swampy area and besides taking some fishing boats out there, I don't think any of us have the equipment to get deeper in the water.

(I'm going to go into detail here, so excuse me....) Since some of you have dealt with these kinds of things, maybe you can answer. Could anyone tell me what the rate of decomposition/condition of a body after being submerged in water approximately two months prior? If this is a possibility, like many others, then would a boat's fish tracker see anything underwater or would a body be floating? (I'm not trying to be insensitive, just need to know some things...) I don't know if LE have gone this deeply into their searches, I would hope so, especially since the FBI is assisting with the investigation. I have not heard of any cadaver or rescue dogs either, but that doesn't mean that they haven't been utilized. Klaas Kids did not seem to be in town long, maybe they couldn't be of use? Not sure on the reasoning for that... twinmom, do you know?

Sometimes actually ongoing searching doesnt correlate with media coverage. I am sure there have been boots on the ground on the down low. Klaas Kids is an example. They tweeted they were there and there were reports by locals of their presence, but there was no media coverage of their presence.

I have to agree with this. Especially if media feels another story is better press or Cassie's was a repeat. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with not running it again but it's how media works-you need new info to keep them coming back. Another thing is that a lot of cases there are searches that many ppl don't realize are being done. LE or an organization will out together a search that's very hush hush in order to endure suspects aren't tipped off as to where they're looking or that they still are or that they have a different theory than they have told them in interviews. JMO

Perhaps I was not clear, I am talking about searches using the public volunteers. We KNOW per media and per verified insiders that TWO searches have happened using the public. Those are the kind of searches I was referring to.

Honestly, I have not heard of any other searches happening, especially with anyone in the community not with LE. In addition, I have not heard of any searches performed by LE either. This is a small town and if someone saw a group of people searching, especially in uniform or giving the appearance of being official, then I would think that news would get around. There is still one area that I know needs to be searched and I'm sure the newly formed search group (which I am going to try and be a part of) from Sunday's gathering will search there because we had previously talked about it. However, we don't really have the resources to do some searching. The area I am thinking of is a swampy area and besides taking some fishing boats out there, I don't think any of us have the equipment to get deeper in the water.

(I'm going to go into detail here, so excuse me....) Since some of you have dealt with these kinds of things, maybe you can answer. Could anyone tell me what the rate of decomposition/condition of a body after being submerged in water approximately two months prior? If this is a possibility, like many others, then would a boat's fish tracker see anything underwater or would a body be floating? (I'm not trying to be insensitive, just need to know some things...) I don't know if LE have gone this deeply into their searches, I would hope so, especially since the FBI is assisting with the investigation. I have not heard of any cadaver or rescue dogs either, but that doesn't mean that they haven't been utilized. Klaas Kids did not seem to be in town long, maybe they couldn't be of use? Not sure on the reasoning for that... twinmom, do you know?

Decomposition rate depends on a lot of factors. Like in water, on ground, temps, rain, predators etc. We have some people here that are pretty versed in decomp and hopefully they will chime in here to help you out.

We did some discussion and research about submerged bodies and how long they take to surface if not weighted down, etc on the double homicide threads for the McDermonds in GA some months back. If I get a chance I will try to find and pull the relevant links

Regarding Cassie's fb page liking the Find Cassie fb page, who would have access? I saw earlier that the family was trying to get access to her fb account so they could look through her messages for anything that may be helpful. I'd think LE would be able to access her account and messages w/o the family's involvement but if the family got access why would they like the find cassie page?

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but is there any chance Cassie is alive? If so, why would she like her own find page? To send a message that she's alive but doesn't want to be found? Seems so unlikely.

Cassie's family has access to her FB page. I'm sure LE doesn't really want anyone accessing it, but I was also given her FB login information so that I could try and figure out her password for her other pages. I was on here page a few weeks ago, but I would have never done anything like that. It might be so that the Find Cassie Compton page can tag Cassie's personal page.

Regarding Cassie's fb page liking the Find Cassie fb page, who would have access? I saw earlier that the family was trying to get access to her fb account so they could look through her messages for anything that may be helpful. I'd think LE would be able to access her account and messages w/o the family's involvement but if the family got access why would they like the find cassie page?

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but is there any chance Cassie is alive? If so, why would she like her own find page? To send a message that she's alive but doesn't want to be found? Seems so unlikely.

Cassie's family has access to her FB page. I'm sure LE doesn't really want anyone accessing it, but I was also given her FB login information so that I could try and figure out her password for her other pages. I was on here page a few weeks ago, but I would have never done anything like that. It might be so that the Find Cassie Compton page can tag Cassie's personal page.

gotcha.

As for decomp, sometimes it depends on how warm it has been and the water temp. If she is trapped in a wash or under a ledge or rock, it might change her visibility. There may be some animal activity around any evidence that may be in the woods or even in some abandoned buildings or under buildings. I would think that dumpsters and the like would be a place where someone would have or should look for any items associated with her.

Do you think Judy would have logged in and liked the find Cassie page while she was in Cassie's account? Someone did that, and it is very bizarre and creepy.

Ugh. I mean, looking forward to the future the amount of evidence that may be tainted is rising. No one but LE should have touched any of her pages, jmvho. (just my very honest opinion.) It is peculiar in a way-there is no clear picture or description of her phone, boots and shoe size, and yet these things could be incredibly valuable towards locating her. And yet info on pings, state of her remains and now a compromised FB page...idk. I worry for the integrity of the investigation.

extremely bizarre and creepy.

Someone is giving the very well meaning people hunting on the ground for Cassie some very bad advice. :(

STM, with the search will there be a flyer drop for the hunters and tourists?

All I can say is if it was JC who signed on to the FB page, it just looks worse for her.

About Cassie's facebook page, lets say Cassie is alive, and at some point she decides to, or finds a way to log into her facebook account and wham, there it is, she "liked" the Find Cassie Compton page, but she knows she did not do it. She then knows that her mom or someone has been on her account, she will feel violated and I think this little lady has been violated enough in her life. So if SOMEONE did that... clicked LIKE on the Find Cassie Compton page and it was not Cassie herself, they are not the brightest crayon in the box, and that's the nicest way I can put that. That just strikes a cord with me and I am angry that someone could find a way to once again violate this child.

Kids love social media. I cant think of a teenager who would stay off of it. If she is out and about under her own steam, mark my words she is google searching herself. I worked on another case with a missing boy and he was friending people on his FB page the whole time he was missing. He was found pretty quickly after that, kwim? It is a great tool and just one more that has been tainted in this case.

Ok, deep breath. The devil is in the details and I wish some of these folks had reached out for an advocate or leaned on some resources a little bit more.

Do you think Judy would have logged in and liked the find Cassie page while she was in Cassie's account? Someone did that, and it is very bizarre and creepy.

Yes, I think that is a very good possibility. If not JC, then someone close to her.

I do want to go back to the possibility of a flyer drop in the gathering areas for hunters and tourists...

I think if I were the person who signed into the FB account or any other social media account for Cassie, I would fess up to her detective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95