AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the facts that I know also Sunkist. I will try to look through the SDL online edition and see if I can find anything on BR.

This is a very strange case. I have not always followed missing person cases here (Laci Peterson and now Bob Harrod stand out though), but as I mentioned upthread, we have a relative named Cassy, so this caught my attention. I read here every day.

I stand in awe of those who have so much knowledge of how to accomplish something for the missing. My best offering is prayers for Cassie and the hope that she will be found.

Honestly myself I think the best thing that a local could do is get fliers & hang them everywhere publicly allowed. Tell people it's her birthday, ask them if they knew her, find a way to make them relate to her. Hell Id grab a friend & buy a cake then stand at Walmart & offer slices up with her poster. At this point anything to get people talking about Cassie!
As much as I'm sure those that are setting up that fund have good intentions I'd be hesitant to add to it. How long has it say there without adding to something to raise awareness for Cassie? Where will the funds end up? Who decides?I'm sorry to be a bit crass here but come on-nothing big planned for Cassie's birthday? No awareness campaigns ever? These aren't hard to do & whether you include JC or not they should be done & not just to "raise funds." Most of what they're referring to needing funds for can be donated or a volunteer will step on if asked. This is JMO but is seriously think something needs to be done for Cassie that gets attention rather than collects money. No offense is meant to you btw, I'm just seriously frustrated at the lack of effort by some that claim to want to help. I can appreciate their assistance but at some point A LOT more needs to be done if they think people are going to help much less get interested. Cassie needs this....
This whole month can be the festival of Cassie. She gets a whole birthday month, dammit!

Maybe WE should start a Find Cassie page!

Maybe WE should start a Find Cassie page!

This might not be a bad idea. Think we can get more than 700 people to like it? I am not mentioning this for popularity-I bringing it up from an exposure perspective. Because Cassie is America's child now according to Find Cassie.

I am sorry, but WHAT is this?
(sorry mods...I deleted it)

What is with the random webcam pictures?

Again with the webcam which makes my heart drop into my stomach. The connotation for me is never a good one when it comes to a missing child case. Are those folks friends of JC? They certainly seem to be yucking it up which is poor form from a taste perspective, if I am being honest.

I am sorry, but WHAT is this?
(sorry mods...I deleted it)

What is with the random webcam pictures?

Again with the webcam which makes my heart drop into my stomach. The connotation for me is never a good one when it comes to a missing child case. Are those folks friends of JC? They certainly seem to be yucking it up which is poor form from a taste perspective, if I am being honest.
That pic has me stumped as well. I can't think for the life of me what it has to do with Cassie.

Probably so.
Who are those people? I don't mean names, but are they part of Cassie's family?
I would delete it if I was in charge of that page....fast...

That page posted it-my guess-one of them are admins. The admin posted from the location of that post. They're not on Cassie, JC or BRs pages.

IMO, it is really sad that this is the page that is "in charge" of doing things to "find" Cassie. Seems this current page should be a support page and another one made to lead the community in doing things to put Cassie in the public eye and raise real awareness. Even the suggestion would probably cause a stink tho..

:sigh:

IMO there should be only one page, one source & it should be run by KK of she is registered with them. If not it should be a responsible adult that has the time & sense to do what is right for Cassie. There shouldn't be multiple pages with multiple/ poor messages or impressions being added to the mix.

Wow! Who are these people?? This keeps getting more bizarre. I'm with yall, what does that have to do with Cassie. Sad, truly sad!

Looks like too much time on their hands! They could be out passing out flyers, knocking on doors, etc.

Can anyone speak to the role the Sheriff's department is playing here? I know Alan Cheek has made a few statements:
LINK HERE
Arkansas County Sheriff Alan Cheek said wild hogs and coyotes pose a danger in the rural parts of Arkansas County, so volunteers have to be very aware during search efforts. Hunting season also poses a risk, so volunteers are told to be loud and make their presence known.
Cheek added that he knows all too well the importance of the search efforts because about 20 years ago he had to do the same thing for his own father, who was found by the search party 10 days later

I hope JC is not alone today. Hoping friends or family are with her to help with bear what must be crushing sadness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO there should be only one page, one source & it should be run by KK of she is registered with them. If not it should be a responsible adult that has the time & sense to do what is right for Cassie. There shouldn't be multiple pages with multiple/ poor messages or impressions being added to the mix.

Sorry..was just a suggestion.
But THAT page is....well...I have no words

I hope JC is not alone today. Hoping friends or family are with her to help with bear what must be crushing sadness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so too. I hope what comes out of it is renewed focus and energy to put in an effort to bring some outside attention and some wide spread awareness of Cassie. I have dealt with many families of the missing, and it helps a lot to channel grief into action.

Sorry..was just a suggestion.
But THAT page is....well...I have no words

No need to apologize! I'm just saying that on most cases that's what is done & usually works best. :)

At first I thought maybe she ran away but reading a bit, my second thought is I hope she ran away. Very difficult family situation. Maybe her friend helped her cook up an escape plan and she found an passable job to survive on. If thats the case then she has probably googled her name and is both laughing and trying to stay incognito. Many runaway girls get pulled into unfortunate situations but the family of her friend all seem both aware of problems in her life and hesitant to say too much, so it seems a possibility.

If BR was picked up on a probation violation, he may have had his probation revoked and has been ordered to serve the rest of his sentence from the original charge. Therefore he may not have any new charges at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296