AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything Casscoe is Mr. Cheek's jurisdiction. I think city police can share jurisdiction up to 2 miles outside city limits in certain circumstances, but most of the searching for Arkansas County unincorporated falls under sheriff. Even more complicated is that the city's landfill, and the city's airport, are actually in Prairie County jurisdiction involving a different set of deputies. Prairie County is the other side of my creek. (Part of why state police were involved early?)

This reminds me of a situation WSer Foxfire discusses at times...

I believe it is called something like "jurisdiction blindness".... Or something like that...

In short... It refers to a crime that is committed in multiple places... And under multiple LE jurisdictions... Creating a confusion and/or delay in the investigation process due to the separation of the various jurisdictions... With all the paper work, delegation of responsibility, etc....

In fact....some criminals are quite knowledgable of this situation... And uses it as a "smoke screen", so to speak... To further their own avoidance of getting caught...

For instance... The kidnapping takes place in one jurisdiction... The subsequent assault (or insert term here) in another jurisdiction... And transport of the kidnapped person to a completely different jurisdiction...

Note: I am not saying any of these events happened... But am just giving an example of this situation...

JMO...

I wondered when I saw JC's framed pics of Cassie if she ever had framed pics of her before she went missing. Somehow I doubt it.

I dont frame photo's either. I dont display them around my house. I keep them in 1800's travel trunks (3 so far) and pull them out on occassion. The Olen mills era ,killed it for me...
I am kinda glad to as I wouldnt be able to see my dads picture everyday , he died 2 years ago and I still cant bare to remember seeing his dying face without choking up.

I think Cassie's case is crying out for her peers to be posting and questioning and remembering. They should be encouraged to share anything-there are enough adept individuals on most if not all message boards that can separate out the hoax stuff from what might be material.

Please, if you are a peer of Cassies and a local, come share!! All hands on deck until Cassie comes home, :grouphug:

If anybody caught the news reports, will they share here? I would love to know if there was more information shared than we have already.

When it comes to a case like Cassie's, you cant be in it for the glamour. You have to be in it for the long haul-we all volunteer here at WS. We all have RL situations...but what makes WS great is when the rubber meets the road, people here dig in. I hope I am wrong, but I think Cassie's case is going to be one of those cases where we have to push in every way we can.

I saw channel 11's version at 6pm...nothing new...nope..they just let her mother speak about her birthday and missing her etc..showed her table display with birthday cake and mentioned the porch light/candle vigil that is listed on their fb page.. no investigative reporting...And doubtful if any will be forthcoming unfortunately...sadly.

At least we know BR is still in custody and on a criminal trespassing charge. It is now confirmed. Whose property was he on, again? The homeowner must have pressed charges, I guess?

Great to see a burst of activity on Cassie's behalf!!! If you have information, get it to someone in any way you can. Now is the time to get her home or safe. If she is safe, she can let someone...anyone know that she is OK.

At least we know BR is still in custody and on a criminal trespassing charge. It is now confirmed. Whose property was he on, again? The homeowner must have pressed charges, I guess?

Quick search indicated criminal trespassing is a Class B misdemeanor, punishable with up to 90 days in jail in AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And before you can be punished, you have to be arraigned and tried. By the time he gets in front of a judge, it will be time served I guess.

I dont frame photo's either. I dont display them around my house. I keep them in 1800's travel trunks (3 so far) and pull them out on occassion. The Olen mills era ,killed it for me...
I am kinda glad to as I wouldnt be able to see my dads picture everyday , he died 2 years ago and I still cant bare to remember seeing his dying face without choking up.
I'm also REALLY bad at displaying pictures. I always mean to put them up, or change them. I even have frames I've bought that match my decor, but they're full of what my kids call my fake family. And now, my kids' activities are all captured on my phone. I have every intention of having them printed so I can frame them...

I am just wondering where he was found and how it rose to the charge of criminal trespassing. When we were first discussing this a few pages ago, I did some reading on it. AR has some pretty built in defenses against this particular charge....the idea that someone is on the way to being held for over 30 days is quite amazing. I will check in with an atty I know from the Little Rock area tomorrow to see if this is unusual.

STM, what about cowboy boots? If we need to stick to single or double screening, then can you get a pair of light colored boots in the art? That helps resolve the loss of facial features and it gives people something very specific to look for. I really think a discarded boot may be one of the first things to surface.

I'm also REALLY bad at displaying pictures. I always mean to put them up, or change them. I even have frames I've bought that match my decor, but they're full of what my kids call my fake family. And now, my kids' activities are all captured on my phone. I have every intention of having them printed so I can frame them...

:silly:

What was decided about hosting a legitimate, "just the facts ma'am" facebook page that we shared and pumped up? And if it is decided to host one, I think it should have 'Cassie Compton' in it until her name is a household name.

It'll take a team of people to be willing to mod out comments, without getting into conversations. Which then means we'd need a disclaimer.

I will make a few phone calls tomorrow and approach the physical description information. It may be considered benign, so someone might share it.

What was decided about hosting a legitimate, "just the facts ma'am" facebook page that we shared and pumped up? And if it is decided to host one, I think it should have 'Cassie Compton' in it until her name is a household name.

It'll take a team of people to be willing to mod out comments, without getting into conversations. Which then means we'd need a disclaimer.

Sgonna be an awfully brief FB page if we are stuck with just the facts :sigh:

snipped-"With the help of her attorney, Judy reached out to Rhodes by letter.

“I told him not to call me, not to come near me, or not to come on my property or anything,” said Judy."

So JC has an attorney eh? And 'reached out' ??? more like pushed away....I really wonder what transpired...or has been said to JC, to get her to that point. And what transpired between JC and BR, that led to him leaving the home (did she force him to leave? Have LE remove him? what?)...in the beginning they were on tv together...what was the pivotal moment that changed her perception of him...I don't mean 'just' Cassie missing....but investigative wise?
Did LE drive home a point of some sort? Did they have a fight? Does SHE now think he did something???

I still for the life of me don't know why he didn't haul hiney out of there while he had a chance....guilty....or innocent

eta, i mean I am glad he is where he is , if guilty, but really? squating in a vacant property, and knowing the situation -eyes on him, did he think he was invisible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj