AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we know the Derby was in Dewitt. Did TS & family live there or another town? I recall one of our VIs had said they knew that HS would have had to drive about 15 mins to & from Cassie's home to bring her there. IIRC.

Caring, Humnoke/Brummitt area

And, what have I forgotten? Believe, what alleged ping in Dewitt??

So BR is possibly in DeWitt. Given the alleged ping there, it seems like an odd choice. I wonder if he cant leave the state or the county?
What ping in DeWitt? The only ping I know about was Casscoe, and I never got a clear answer on whose phone it came from.

Caring, Humnoke/Brummitt area

And, what have I forgotten? Believe, what alleged ping in Dewitt??
Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute!
Stuttgart is smack dab in the middle between Humnoke and DeWitt.

So they're saying they all went to the derby, then went ALL the way back to humnoke after the derby - which ended about 5, then took Cassie back home at 6:05? Why all the back and forth when they could have dropped her off on the way home (since they drove right by)? That means they essentially arrived home at about 5:45, then 15 minutes later they got right back in the car and brought her home.

I would have planned to bring her stuff, leave it in the car, and drop her off after dinner on my way home. Something is askew here.

Supposedly Cassie was picked up & went to that residence sometime on Saturday prior to the derby event.
Then the derby was Saturday evening in DeWitt, and supposedly Cassie spent Saturday night at that residence upon return from the derby....and was supposedly returned home to her mother's house on Sunday evening...

that is how I understand it

You know, did LE ever confirm this picked up Sat, trip to Dewitt Derby , spend the night, return home Sun evening tale??? Just wondering where it got legs, cuz I was poking around and I haven't found where LE has said WE know/have determined Cassie was_____________ on Sat and __________on Sunday.
and not a single independent statement has been made by parties not 'involved' that has said 'Yes I saw her at Dewitt' or 'Yes I was with her/them Sat evening' or 'Yes I saw her walking Sunday evening'

It's like all LE 'knows' is some kid supposedly walked out of her house and..........

i have a lovely head cold and my brain is stuffier than usual lol

You know, did LE ever confirm this picked up Sat, trip to Dewitt Derby , spend the night, return home Sun evening tale??? Just wondering where it got legs, cuz I was poking around and I haven't found where LE has said WE know/have determined Cassie was_____________ on Sat and __________on Sunday.
and not a single independent statement has been made by parties not 'involved' that has said 'Yes I saw her at Dewitt' or 'Yes I was with her/them Sat evening' or 'Yes I saw her walking Sunday evening'

It's like all LE 'knows' is some kid supposedly walked out of her house and..........

Okay. For some reason I thought the derby was Sunday. So far, everything I've been able to find indicates the derby was on Sunday. Can you find the exact date? I can't. :(

"Judy said last Sunday night, Cassie came home from the derby in Dewitt with her friend Hunter around 6:00 p.m. She was home for a short amount of time before she walked out the door while Judy and her fiancé Brandon Rhodes weren't in the room. " From the first posts/timeline forum.

This sure makes it sound like the derby was on Sunday.

I thought the Derby was on Sunday too. So color me confused.

And I have lost my mind....the ping was CASSCOE, not DeWitt.

OOPS. My apologies.

:hug: Feel better...I have never known a head cold to be lovely, but I hope yours is. :)

All LE seems to know is what we have seen in the police report it seems.

Which brings us right back to all of our old unanswered questions about Cassie and what she really looked like and who last saw her. Etc.

I feel like I need a white board for her case.

I thought the Derby was on Sunday too. So color me confused.

And I have lost my mind....the ping was CASSCOE, not DeWitt.

OOPS. My apologies.
Thanks for the ping info. I was starting to think I was crazy.

About the derby, I've read in a few posts here in WS that it was Sunday. But, in reading the JVM transcribed interview with TS....
https://findcassiecompton.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/jvm-transcript.pdf
"TRACEY SNYDER, MOTHER OF CASSIE`S BEST FRIEND (via phone): Well, my friend (ph) left her home and picked Cassie up Saturday afternoon about 1:30, brought her to her house. We all left together at 3:30 to go to the Dewitt (ph) Derby. And after that was over, we all came home. And she spent the night. We had brunch about 12:30. Just stayed around and had a lazy afternoon. And just a quiet evening at home. Nothing unusual about it all. And Hunter took her home about -- left her house about 5."

However, that last line brings new questions. Left Cassie's house at 5? I thought it was a 20 minute drive, and he (HS) was the said to be home by 6:45.

Where was he from 5:20 to 6:45? Hmmmmmmm

You're right Gigtu...from the Jane Velez-Mitchell transcript:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wait, that was -- that was -- OK, so she spends the night with you. You go to the derby on Sunday, the day she goes missing...

SNYDER: No.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Saturday.

SNYDER: Saturday.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Then she stays overnight. She stays overnight, and then the next day...

SNYDER: Saturday.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Then the next day, Sunday, the day she vanished, OK, your son takes her home to her house at what time?

SNYDER: He left our house at 6:05, and he got back by 6:45. We live out of town, so it was a little bit of a -- by the time he got there and
dropped her off and got back home, and she did send him a text message, saying that she was going to go out and buy a pack of cigarettes. And that is the last response he got from her.

thank you all, I was coming to hunt up some references!

it's like a carousel isn't it, up and down and all around , going in circles
geesh

speaking of carousels...I like beating that damn dead horse, but I still can't figure out wth BR would call TS 2-3 hours AFTER the fact, and ask if Cassie was there IF HE KNOWS darn well HS (supposedly) saw BR see CASSIE get out of the truck and come in the house...and call more than once
Was it some kind of 'secret code'?? Prearranged, hey the coast is clear good buddy...I mean really WHY
It would make MORE sense if no saw her come in and HS didn't see anyone watch her come in

KWIM
Did BR take off and harm Cassie and head out toward Casscoe?? Did he go looking for her, suspecting she was with 'friends' out gallivanting around?

and where is that missing persons report TS filed? How come the report JC filed doesn't have any notation of it? Seems like it would be important to document the chain of events, if you will

Good golly where the sam hill is this child and why can't her mama & family work their dander up...Even ole BR...hey buddy the more silent you are the more guilty you look

So here's the thing about that, sreshowtime.... TS said HS said BR saw her. BR has neither agreed to nor refuted this. I can say to you on the phone anything I want, or say I said it. Doesn't mean it's a fact. Unless I missed a quote, only TS has bullied this claim down our throats.

Protect HS?

Just guessing.

I am reminded of stories of young children who helped themselves to an item (stole) at a store or where ever...then mama or daddy finds out and said child is marched straight back to apologize or make amends in some fashion... lesson hopefully learned.

at what point does a parent quit marching the child back and let them suffer the consequence of their incorrect action...

I understand where you guys are coming from.... But my thought is that if Cassie did not return home that night and BR and JC would have been screaming that from the roof top Imo. In stead... The only thing BR says is that she was " gone like a whisper in the wind".
Then add to that the fact that BR and JC are considered suspects and BR hauled off to jail... Surely he would have said she never came home then? Idk.
I am gonna stand in line at the ticket counter now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly