AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing about this, ya'll.

What we have here now, in Cassie's case, is information entered into a national database of missing persons, for the sake of identification purposes, by a layperson sourcing info from a suspect (or from LE, depends who you ask) who sourced their info from a suspect. No one is owning this info- not publically. Not JC, not local LE, not SAR, not a government entity, not a spokesperson named by anyone- no one.

So what we now have is yet more unverified info 'on the record', which many people will now believe as fact.

The biggest problem with this? Cassie.

Have ya'll ever gone out on a search for a missing child, where you've been given misinformation about the child/circumstances/appearances/illnesses/demeanor/friends/family situation etc..... recovered the child, and then come to find out that the information you were given was (while not intentional) inaccurate- and possibly cost the child their life? Or cost them decades of existing only as an UID in some file somewhere?

That's the worst nightmare I see for Cassie. :(

I am sorry for that Oriah. I cant imagine the horror for sure. In this case I want to believe that there are many legitimate reasons why there is no direct information being made available to the public by the people closest to Cassie and the investigators...but I cant come up with a reason. Maybe it is shame and maybe it is something else...IDK. Really, the information we have that by passes information provided by a named suspect is the police report which indicates that Cassie was reported missing on 9/15. Not 9/14. We also have gleaned information from photos of her online. (Thank you again to the sleuther who discovered the mole.)

Regarding the issue of BR and the charges of theft and trespassing....it's my understanding that sometimes those are co-existing because the theft is actually the trespassing. So it can sometimes be considered theft of property by trespassing- such as if you unlawfully and without permission utilize another persons utility resources (like heat or water) on a property which you are trespassing upon. I'm not sure if that's true everywhere, but maybe that might explain?
Maybe he was charged with not theft of a physical object, but utilizing resources. I dunno. Just a thought.

I am sorry for that Oriah. I cant imagine the horror for sure. In this case I want to believe that there are many legitimate reasons why there is no direct information being made available to the public by the people closest to Cassie and the investigators...but I cant come up with a reason. Maybe it is shame and maybe it is something else...IDK. Really, the information we have that by passes information provided by a named suspect is the police report which indicates that Cassie was reported missing on 9/15. Not 9/14. We also have gleaned information from photos of her online. (Thank you again to the sleuther who discovered the mole.)

I agree. The police report from 9/15 is what we've got.
Maybe we should use that as the beginning of our timeline? And perhaps a digital photo timeline of Cassie might be helpful?

Well that was a lot of catching up to do. My apologies for being gone. A week ago today I lost my mom suddenly & am still working on putting my head back into order. I'm glad to see so much discussion is still happening here for Cassie.
Believe09-a few pages back you mention me &twitter. I did post a few things to a reporter but didn't get much response other than they had already talked to JC. :(
:( I am very sorry.

Wouldn't NAMUS do their due diligence to verify before posting? If LE verifies, they are going to trust it. If the mother verifies, they are going to trust it. We don't know she "wasn't" wearing these clothes, and maybe they DO know she "was" wearing these clothes. Doesn't NAMUS have the ultimate responsibility here? Anyone can claim anything, so someone has to verify. LE might no longer consider JC a suspect, and hasn't announced it, or it's part of their bigger plan to let her appear questionable in order to conquer another lead. We don't know.

I think the resource who needs to step up here and provide the last known clothing is TS/HS. Right now!!! Why so silent suddenly?

sigh.

Yes, I would think Namus would do their due diligence, as I hope would local LE.

Doesn't mean they did. :(

While I get your frustration gig, so long as the S family provided that to LE they owe us here nothing, now or then. JMO.

The frustration comes from not knowing what is up or down with this case. What needs to happen is LE needs to get off their asses (pardon my french) and investigate this case - visibly, publicly, at the very least give the appearance of doing so. The fact that they do not appear to be working this case has me hopping mad.

Now whether that seeming nonchalance about this child is simply that - SEEMING nonchalance, or it is tied to no one in Cassie close circle of family or friends appearing to be providing much in the way of facts or leads I do not know. I only know it is maddening.

That, tlcya? Is about the best post ever- and (for me, anyway) most accurate. Thank you.

No one owes us anything here, imo, except transparency into an investigation of a missing child.

sigh.

Yes, I would think Namus would do their due diligence, as I hope would local LE.

Doesn't mean they did. :(
Fair enough. But, also doesn't mean they didn't. Let's be optimistic.

Where are you honey?

tlcya...yep !! off the hineys fer sure and chop chop...need a serious update presser in a huge way

Thinking of Cassie, and as always, so thankful for those who care and won't let her be forgotten!

Merry Christmas, sweetheart. I hope it's warm, happy and spiritual where you are today.
image.jpg

Any flyers on pizza boxes for Cassie during New Years?

can any one local answer?
Is heading east on 165, right there at that Mack's place, heading toward England, then turning and heading NW on up it to 440 the way most Stuttgart area folks would head to Little Rock/other side of river?
thanks

I think most people do go through England, Keo, Scott, to get on 440 - another way is to stay on 165 to Hazen and get on I-40

I was hoping this Morning... After being away, I would wake up and see the good news. I'm heart broken.

Merry Christmas Cassie. I hope with all my heart you are safe some where.

Merry Christmas to all the sluthers who are so diligent here day after day.

sigh...thinking of Cassie...
and all the other missing people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members