AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she got into HS truck, why would the text that she is going for cigarettes go to him? She had her phone (supposedly). Do you think HS helped her run away and they sent the text as a decoy?

Information has been provided that insinuated that C had been texting with mom (JC) all day, so why text HS about the cigarette run, and not mom? It would be mom that could be worried about C not at home, not HS...

We actually don't know if those between Cassie and JC are actual texts, or made up to prove a point. And why only post one side of the conversation? The only text verified by LE is the cigarette run text.

We actually don't know if those between Cassie and JC are actual texts, or made up to prove a point. And why only post one side of the conversation? The only text verified by LE is the cigarette run text.

If she WAS actually texting JC why didn't she answer her when she called from her room?

i'd love to see jc's texts to cc. I think that would tell us a lot.

I think the series of texts leading up to the purse being returned home were more to verify who was home/where they were in the house.

Sticking with the br did it theory gets complicated when he only has a bike, despite his allegedly borrowing jcs from time to time. If he used jcs car to dispose of ccs body, then why did no one see her car out and about that night? Why hasn't he been arrested? He's been in jail, what twice? Since cc disappeared. Why did he start calling ts to see if cc was there if he did it? he could have just killed her, kept quiet and let judy discover she'd never come home the night before from hs's.
wait, so br called ts to see if cc was still with them, so apparently he didn't go to her room and see that her purse & overnight bag were there. Right? If he'd killed cc why not get rid of them? If he'd seen cc walking into the house like ts says he did, then he'd have seen her carrying her purse & overnight bag, right?

bbm: Bingo!

Jmo

My mind is really stuck on the valid point iamnotagolem made, it's another confirmation imo that BR did not see HS drop off CC like it's been stated.

Well if Cassie really did leave to get a smoke ,and she was seen twice ,once without her stuff (the last time BR saw her maybe) then it is possible he didnt remember in the staging of his story that Cassie had it earlier when he really saw her and is pretending not to have... Just a thought.

Information has been provided that insinuated that C had been texting with mom (JC) all day, so why text HS about the cigarette run, and not mom? It would be mom that could be worried about C not at home, not HS...

Im sure everyones sent a text to the completely wrong person before

It would help if BR was feeling like an interview in the media. We know he likes to talk, at least in the early days he did. He has been completely thrown under the bus on all sides-the weird guy in town, bike instead of a vehicle, odd jobs, minor arrests and relatively minor jail time.

When I think about BR I try and think of him in the context of that town. Is he atypical for the town? Reading the SDL is enlightening, certainly the police logs and the information from the county court. I dont see how he stands out from the crowd to be frank. They seem to have several frequent flyers in that town with the same MO...maybe those guys have vehicles so you add in moving violations with their same criminal mischief type stuff. We know from recent state and fed sweeps that there are some serious drug problems there. We know from VI anecdotes and from crime stat research that the crime rate in Stuttgart is way, way higher than the national average.

In any case, BR has been around the block. If he is the smart weird guy in town, it seems unlikely that his master plan would be to kill Cassie, bike her to some undisclosed location which is still undiscovered, rush back home and frantically call TS after having witnessed HS drop off Cassie before he did his deed and completely miss her purse/overnight bag days later when it was finally (if ever) collected. He was in her house the whole time.

This falls apart pretty quickly once you string it all together-I am just rehashing the brilliance of all of you.

If JC didnt actually hear Cassie that night, it isnt too late to drop that part of her story. Even if she isnt sure, that would be an important change to make in her next interview.

I keep going back to TS's JVM interview and some of the stutters-granted, we are micro analyzing everything because we have so little, but I keep going back to the discussion about the actual dropping off of Cassie. BRB with a clip of it.

(BTW-Tracey timeline of the weekend)

JVM:
TRACEY SNYDER, MOTHER OF CASSIE`S BEST FRIEND (via phone): Well, my friend (ph) left her home and picked Cassie up Saturday afternoon about 1:30,

brought her to her house. We all left together at 3:30 to go to the Dewitt (ph) Derby. And after that was over, we all came home. And she spent the

night. We had brunch about 12:30. Just stayed around and had a lazy afternoon. And just a quiet evening at home. Nothing unusual about it

all. And Hunter took her home about -- left her house about 5.

Here is what I am looking for:

SNYDER: Cassie`s mom boyfriend actually saw Cassie get out of his truck, walk up the driveway. She did not speak to the mom`s boyfriend at all when

she was walking up the driveway and she went into the house. So I brought that up to him and told him that he seen him get out of my son`s -- seen

Cassie get out of my son`s vehicle, so he knew she was no longer with him or with us.

And I kept repeating to him through these three phone calls to go to the police department, go to the police department, or call the police and

report her missing.

In the third -- third phone call, he said that he did. He went to the police department, and they told him that it would be a 72-hour wait. That

morning, Monday morning when I got to work, I called and spoke with a detective. And he said there was actually no report filed. And he come

and spoke to me, and we filed the missing report on Monday.

Now unless Tracey was there, she is reporting this second hand. And as we have discussed before, whoever shared the story must have been quite close to BR and Cassie...close enough to hear any conversation that would have happened. *If* this is reasonably accurate, then I would have to say that whoever dropped Cassie off didnt drop her in front of the driveway on the street or the alleyway. They must have pulled up pretty closely to the car port.

It also mean that BR was outside....for this story to jell, BR has to have been outside when Cassie was returned.

Those phone calls beginning at 9:14pm (clearly she checked her caller ID?)-did BR call and ask for HS? At what point did HS hand over the phone to TS to field the phone calls? And why would everyone be heading to the police department 2 hours after Cassie allegedly walked out of the door?

What is the atmosphere in Stuttgart that everyone becomes panic struck when a 15 year old repeat runaway is gone 2 hours?

I genuinely dont feel like those are alibi phone calls for BR....they make no sense. Of course he could have been wasted and just stupid high. An incident report with some kind of notation of his demeanor would be helpful to give us a better idea.

I think what have made more sense would have been people leaving to go look for her. Phone calls being made to friends of hers. Heading to the local teen hangouts, like the park, to see what was going on and if she had walked that way.

What did HS do after receiving three frantic phone calls about his "best friend"? Did he go to bed?

I wish JVM had asked that.

Maybe she meant to send it to JC, but sent it to HS instead.

I have done that more times that I like to admit. And a couple of times it was rather embarasing.

If she WAS actually texting JC why didn't she answer her when she called from her room?

My teen has the annoying habit of responding to my "shout outs" with a text. Like if I am upstairs and hear her come in and shout down "Hi baby, how was your day?" I hear nothing, but then by phone buzzes.

I do not like it, but IME, teens do that. So why didn't Cassie?

Without grabbing quotes, I'd like to pipe in here too.

The first thing I would like to mention is that I think BR called TSs phone, not HS. I read that somewhere. Secondly, I think I also read that JC woke up briefly and asked BR to call around to find Cassie. Most likely BR and JC were in communication trying to find Cassie, but JC was sick in bed and not alarmed yet, just worried.

Now, there is some time between calls to TS. If she told BR to contact police, he may have done so between calls to her. She planted the idea in BRs mind to contact police, and JC probably confirmed it was a good move. And if you thought your kid should be home, and the people she was last with said they took her home, and one of those crew accused you of seeing Cassie and you don't recall that (because it didn't happen), then you would start to worry about where she is. It is stated that he went to the PD around 9, and called TS for the last time around 9:14, which is when he also finally told TS that he did go to the PD. BRs timeline works.

Also, it wasn't until the later phone calls that HS was reported (by TS) to have started relaying information. Was he even really home at 6:45, or did he just tell his mom that when she asked him? Was TS awake when Cassie supposedly left? Was she aware that HS was home. It sounds to me like she just took his word.

Here's my question. If Cassie was dropped off, left at 7 after texting HS, and between that time and 9:14, why did HS never once relay the message that Cassie sent a text? Makes you go hmmmm....

I have decided that my favorite part of WS is the purple Found Alive title. Cassie's favorite color is purple. She is alive in our hearts.

If JC felt less threatened and more supported, perhaps she would be able to sit down for an interview and really talk about everything she remembers. We need her support in order to find Cassie, and she needs our support for same. Whether we know for certain or not that she is named a suspect for legitimate reasons, I haven't seen anything to support her taking the blame for Cassie's disappearance.

If SPD and the FBI are withholding information, then I guess we'll never know. But doing that, withholding information, how does that help find Cassie at this stage of the game?

Here's my question. If Cassie was dropped off, left at 7 after texting HS, and between that time and 9:14, why did HS never once relay the message that Cassie sent a text? Makes you go hmmmm....

snipped for brevity-
yep, interesting, not once in 3 calls did TS indicate she said 'I told BR that CC texted HS she was going to get cigs...'...not that I can recall, anyone else?

when did info on that text come out, anyone recall?

( and I still want to know where the MP report is that TS says "we filed the missing report on Monday" )

Is there a single-post timeline that can be referenced as far as what time Cassie supposedly arrived home, what time HS supposedly returned home, when Cassie's text to Hunter was sent, etc? I didn't see one in the media/timeline thread and I'm having slight trouble with sorting it out based on what's there. Thanks in advance.

since according to LE, NO one has been cleared, so I am going to assume it is ok to state that DB is out now & is posting on FB....considering he was posting on FB back on the day Cassie went missing.

Those phone calls beginning at 9:14pm (clearly she checked her caller ID?)-did BR call and ask for HS? At what point did HS hand over the phone to TS to field the phone calls? And why would everyone be heading to the police department 2 hours after Cassie allegedly walked out of the door?

What is the atmosphere in Stuttgart that everyone becomes panic struck when a 15 year old repeat runaway is gone 2 hours?

I genuinely dont feel like those are alibi phone calls for BR....they make no sense. Of course he could have been wasted and just stupid high. An incident report with some kind of notation of his demeanor would be helpful to give us a better idea.

I think what have made more sense would have been people leaving to go look for her. Phone calls being made to friends of hers. Heading to the local teen hangouts, like the park, to see what was going on and if she had walked that way.

What did HS do after receiving three frantic phone calls about his "best friend"? Did he go to bed?

I wish JVM had asked that.

This is the biggest clue ,that a person felt something was wrong or know something was going on.

2 hours for a teen is nothing.

Jumping the gun and not giving yourself a think though before you start staging a story. Sounds like what could be going on.
JC could have heard anyone come in the door including BR ,which since he was outside and did come into the house makes it possible that JC could have "thought " it was Cassie ,coming in around the time she was texted "be home in a bit. That doesnt make it true. Cassie stuff is in her room which supports the Cassie come into the house. That is supporting HS reported statement. In addition why would HS place BR in the carport if he wasnt there ? There isnt a logical reason for the accusation at all. So the cell phone text supports the timeline,and the reports of HS and TS and Cassie purse and overnight bag support the verison . BR is the one who claims not to have seen Cassie get dropped off.
Yet we are offered nothing by way of explaination of her stuff being in her room by him. In my mind I can see where if he was covering for something that suddenly went wrong and he did see Cassie come into the house 2 details he might of forget would be 1) That HS saw him, and 2) Cassie had those items and other people knew she had them with her.

I dont like to get caught into one theory but in this case Cassie's first 15 steps after leaving TS's seem to point that they were into her room to drop her stuff,and two people saw her but only one will admit it.

I just cant get the way the whole He saw her walk to the door and the phone call BR made to TS , I am too stuck on that to even be able to consider a stranger abduction ,or run away case.

The car port is on the left?
From what I am remembering in my head The front door is on the right side of the drive way and Cassie would have been on the right side on the vehicle or truck. the car port is on the left side of the house with the drive way leading all the way to it right? Anyone got a picture of the house and car port? I just want to make sure I have it correct.

Wow! You bring up so many good points. Not meant to be disrespectful Soulmagent, but it seems easier to reply to your many many points one at a time. Please forgive that I've cannibalized your outstanding observations. It's really hard to not sound awful doing it this way, but I'll still try to keep my replies short. Please read each with my friendly smile in your mind, even though they will be to the point.

JC could have heard anyone come in the door including BR ,
So true!

which since he was outside and did come into the house
Is there proof of this, beyond hearsay? I have read all the articles, and I can't even find a statement saying he was home. The closest I can find is "no one was in the room when she left", which is very open-ended.

makes it possible that JC could have "thought " it was Cassie
Absolutely!

coming in around the time she was texted "be home in a bit.
Do we yet know who actually sent that text?

That doesnt make it true.
It is true that assumptions do not equate to fact. However, they should be vetted just in case.

Cassie stuff is in her room which supports the Cassie come into the house.
This cannot be stated as fact. At this point, anyone could have put Cassie's belongings into the house. We haven't been able to locate a statement saying either BR or JC actually saw Cassie that night. We only heard a non-verifiable accusation that BR was there.

That is supporting HS reported statement.
TS reported all information on HSs behalf, as it was probably told to her. Should we trust a non-provable statement as proof of anything factual? I'm personally on the fence about this. Do you fully trust it?

In addition why would HS place BR in the carport if he wasnt there ? There isnt a logical reason for the accusation at all.
It is a super strange part of the mystery, for sure. It might be part of a way to convince others of something you want them to believe. Kind of a he said/she said wrench in the works. It certainly is a pivotal point in Cassie's disappearance. Has BR acknowledged he was there, or denied it? That would certainly help matters to know his point of view on this accusation.

So the cell phone text supports the timeline,and the reports of HS and TS and Cassie purse and overnight bag support the verison .
Kind of, kind of not. It seems hard to consider the texts as concrete evidence when we don't really know who sent them. HS and TS could as easily be lying as not. The only thing we know is JC said Cassie's bag and purse were in the house. We don't really know what time this was discovered, and by whom. That's also an important timeline we need answers to.

BR is the one who claims not to have seen Cassie get dropped off.
Can you provide a link to that statement? I can't find it. Thanks. :)

Yet we are offered nothing by way of explaination of her stuff being in her room by him. In my mind I can see where if he was covering for something that suddenly went wrong and he did see Cassie come into the house 2 details he might of forget would be 1) That HS saw him, and 2) Cassie had those items and other people knew she had them with her.
This is all a very sad possibility. It would be nice to hear from BR on this.

I dont like to get caught into one theory but in this case Cassie's first 15 steps after leaving TS's seem to point that they were into her room to drop her stuff,and two people saw her but only one will admit it.
I'm confused about this statement. What two people saw her? It seems safe to mention that it's all hearsay until it's proven Cassie was actually dropped off at all.

I just cant get the way the whole He saw her walk to the door and the phone call BR made to TS , I am too stuck on that to even be able to consider a stranger abduction ,or run away case.
*sigh* If she ran away, we would actually be happy, right? No other scenario has a happy ending. :( The calls made after BR supposedly saw her walk up...... yes, that is also super odd. It really is the best defense BR has that he actually did NOT see Cassie that night. It truly does not make sense that he'd make those calls if he knew she had come home. Such a mystery.

The car port is on the left? From what I am remembering in my head The front door is on the right side of the drive way and Cassie would have been on the right side on the vehicle or truck. the car port is on the left side of the house with the drive way leading all the way to it right? Anyone got a picture of the house and car port? I just want to make sure I have it correct.
There are some google earth images a few pages back, with discussion about where doors are located. That might be your best bet. However, be warned that after reading it you'll have even MORE questions. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l