GUILTY AR - Dawna Natzke, 46, Hot Springs Village, 21 Dec 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.knoe.com/story/25997994/prosecutors-seek-delay-in-hot-springs-murder-trial

Prosecutors are seeking a delay in the upcoming trial for a man accused of killing a Hot Springs Village police dispatcher.

Kevin Duck is scheduled to go to trial July 22, but prosecutors filed a motion Thursday seeking to push back the trial until November. In the motion, prosecutors say they're still awaiting evidence from the Federal Bureau of Investigation that's needed for the trial.

I wonder if the trial is still starting tomorrow, I haven't been able to find any updates.

I wonder if the trial is still starting tomorrow, I haven't been able to find any updates.

According to Court Connect, the next activity is a pre-trial hearing in March 2016.

https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/cconnect/PROD/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=26CR-13-649&begin_date=&end_date=

PRE-TRIAL HEARING 03/28/2016
08:15 AM COURTROOM 300, DIVISION I CIRCUIT 18TH EAST CIRCUIT DIVISION I

JURY TRIAL 03/29/2016

JURY TRIAL 03/30/2016

JURY TRIAL 03/31/2016

JURY TRIAL 04/01/2016

Once again, the trial scheduled for March 28- April 1, 2016 has been pushed back. There will be a hearing Monday to reschedule the trial for a later date. Dawna's family is at their wits end.

Once again, the trial scheduled for March 28- April 1, 2016 has been pushed back. There will be a hearing Monday to reschedule the trial for a later date. Dawna's family is at their wits end.

Why of course, I can't say I'm surprised. That poor family. :gaah:

What? How can it be taking so long? Is he still in jail for the probation vilation at least?

It is very hard to get info on this case. I'm starting to feel like Kevin Duck is the favorite outlaw and he will never be tried for Dawna's murder. Does anyone have any info as to why the trial has been pushed off for 2 years?

Duck trial set to start Tuesday

http://www.hsvvoice.com/news/20161011/duck-trial-set-to-start-tuesday

Cellphone records remain a point of contention for the upcoming murder trial of a Jessieville man.

After a hearing last Monday, Garland County Circuit Judge John H. Wright set a pretrial hearing for next Monday for Kevin Duck, charged on Nov. 25, 2013, with first degree murder in the 2011 death of Dawna Natzke of Hot Springs Village.

The trial is scheduled for Oct. 18-21, although defense attorneys contend their discovery request for cell phone records has never been properly met by the state. “The request for cell site locations is not a new request and if the court listens to the transcript, it has been a concern from the beginning,” attorney Brian Johnson told Wright in a response filed last Thursday.

Here we go, again.

Duck trial continued
By LEWIS DELAVANStaff
Tuesday Posted at 12:01 AM

Accepting a defense motion for continuance, Garland County Circuit Judge last week continued the murder trial of Kevin Duck to next Jan. 31-Feb. 3.

A jury trial had been scheduled for Oct. 18-21. In a separate order, filed last Wednesday, Wright wrote that he reviewed the status of discovery and found both the State and the defendant have met their obligation under rules of criminal procedure.

Here we go, again.

And again.

Murder trial’s 7th delay tied to DNA tests

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/jan/27/murder-trials-7th-delay-tied-dna-tests/

New DNA evidence has halted a trial set to begin Monday in a 5-year-old murder case of a Hot Springs Village police dispatcher.

On Thursday, 18th Judicial Circuit Judge Homer Wright rescheduled the first-degree murder trial of Kevin Duck, 33, to begin on March 27 at the Garland County courthouse in Hot Springs.

In a motion filed Wednesday to delay the trial, defense lawyer T. Clay Janske said “DNA test results are not back” from the state Crime Laboratory and that more time was needed to discuss additional evidence that the prosecution delivered Wednesday morning.

Janske said Thursday that it is his understanding that when the prosecution was preparing for trial recently officials found “some sort of piece of DNA.”

“Whether or not they believe it to be helpful to their case or not, I don’t know,” Janske said. “But I believe that the DNA is going to help my client. Or it may be immaterial. That’s why I asked for a continuance. My understanding was when he actually gave his sample last Thursday, they were going to put a rush on it.”

Man accused of Ark. woman's murder requests DNA test of former police chief

http://www.thv11.com/news/local/man-accused-of-ark-womans-murder-requests-dna-test-of-former-police-chief/424926755

According to the Garland County Circuit Court, Duck has requested DNA on the victim’s clothes to be tested against DNA of former Hot Springs Police Chief David Flory. He is set to stand trial on Tuesday, March 28.

The request alleged that the former chief and Natzke had a relationship and that Flory had been a person of interest in the murder.

On Monday, the judge granted Duck's request and issued a gag order in the case.

The judicial system and the lawyers in this case are a joke. This woman's familly have been waiting for 5 years for some sort of resolution. In the meantime, the accused has been allowed to go work in Louisiana and travel to Colorado, while he was on probation. NOW, suddenly, he/they pull a rabbit out of the hat and ask for DNA from the Hot Springs - Not Hot Springs Village? - chief of police. Like they haven't had time to request that in the last five years. What a bunch of goobers. The only question I've had is who was Duck calling on 12/22??

I'm sorry for Dawna's kids and her mom and her family that this has just drug on and on and on. The suits and robes should be ashamed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back