GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just to clear up what the search has entailed...

Extensive ground search, approx 40 officers..."

That night (first night) we used bloodhounds, dogs a team from Memphis, responded to alert from NCMEC.

Worked for 4 hours, didn't pick up scent.

Have used canines since that time."

"The morning after, we moved our command center from PD to St Mary's Episcopal Church, volunteers have checked in there, organized, assigned, searched extensive area."

"It was reported that he wandered off, so since the beginning we have focused on that....Monday Sheriff searched w/ helicopter...bubble top helicopter not equipped w infer red...the drain ditches, sewer system (...water company?...) has all been thoroughly searched, cameras...abandoned houses searched..."

The sheriff is a laid back slow-talker........so be prepared to say "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, already! ", while he is giving the details.

Yes, at first I thought he is was trying to break bad news to us...but now I see he is just a slow talker

"Completed a grid search...

Yesterday conducted thorough research w LE/NCMEC who arrived from OKC."

"Multiple canines used...tracking, bloodhounds, cadaver..."

"The purpose to get you guys together is to address status, where we are now, critical point at finding this child."

yeah he said it - I know because I just watched it a few minutes ago, thinking it was today's presser ... and he made a comment about the 'time lapse' between Malik going missing and police being contacted

I don't know about a transcript but he definitely said it and the video is still up

Does anyone remember the press conference early on? I clearly recall LE saying during the presser that the call came in at 6:30 pm. I also believe he said that the parents found him missing at 5:45? Is there a transcript anywhere that anyone knows of?

"We've exhausted ourselves in this effort.

Volunteers have been remarkable in their concern."

This post is from much earlier in the thread, but has bothered me from the start. An uncle says "He likes to play and he kind of whines when he talks, but I can't see him just hiding anywhere..."

Why say he whines when he talks? Seems so odd to me. Maybe he saw this as an identifying trait searchers could look for? Just odd, IMO.

Just to be clear, I'm NOT saying I think the uncle was involved in any foul play, just find the statement very unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understood the whining to mean his speech wasn't fully developed yet. Two of my kids had speech issues. Sometimes kids who can't talk kind of grunt and/or whine to communicate. I wouldn't think it was unusual for a boy twin to have speech delays. Not saying he did, but it wouldn't be uncommon, especially if they were premies.

One of my kids was silent unless they were crying or laughing. I lost him once at Walmart and panicked bc I knew he couldn't respond to me calling him. Thankfully I found him hiding in a rack of clothes within a few minutes. Then he was in the buggy with no walking for quite a while. If he is speech delayed, it could hinder search efforts. IMO

However, I also agree with the majority, my hunky meter is going off. :(

(audio keeps cutting out)

"Statistically (NCMEC are experts)...says child (ages) 1 to 3 while be found within 1.2 miles 95 percent of the time...volunteers have covered the whole city...covered 4 miles in each direction...still continue to extend our search w resources such as K9s."

"We will search until we find this boy.

...weather...elements...haven't been very good for child who is out there, and the community of course has joined our frustration, and that's understandable...we have moved our command center in the evening time after dark, usually 8 or 9 o'clock."

"We are/we did extend our search from looking for not only a missing child but (audio cuts out)...

A lot of information has come in, all has been checked out and followed up on...didn't gather you to discuss investigative effort...a lot of false leads...(sighting in illinois)..."

I just had a thought that if every house had surveillance cameras, it would make situations like this so much less complicated. Child goes missing; everyone checks their footage & see he headed this way or that or was picked up by a certain make/colour car or wait a minute, he's not seen on any footage - not even at his own house. I don't suppose any of the neighbours do have cameras ...

He just said "we have our own theories just like everyone else" I'd love to know what you're thinking Chief!!

"We need to find this boy and we need to find him soon.

Will still take volunteers...will find an area for them to search...that area eventually will run out, being candid..statistics...a lot of questions..a lot of theories..a lot of opinions...we have our own theories and opinions just like everyone else...I assure the public we are investigating every possible scenario and investigating them thoroughly...

City effort, County, State, National effort, any notion that we were scaling back is false, shutting down is false, ...ncmec on their way now, search for this boy is just as urgent now as when we found out he was missing...this is all we have worked on, this is priority one and will continue to be.

Taking questions:"

"Q: (inaudible)
A: standard procedure to polygraph family members."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads