GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone who does have a Twitter account could straight up ask David Goins (the reporter) to find out who was the last to see Malik before he vanished. I find it hard to believe this question hasn't been asked or answered already. IMO, this should have been one of the first questions asked even for a rookie reporter.

So if they don't have a straight answer, and they say so, which this reporter said as much, this is what this person has told me. Meanwhile, the same person tells another reporter another thing that contradicts what other reporters heard, and then LE knows what she's said to both reporters and them. it is what it is.

skibaboo, off your great maps, do these very rough estimations of paths to water seem any more feasible to you for a 2 year old out on his own, about half an hour + before dark?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/35.25543,-91.7485741/701-799+W+Park+Ave,+Searcy,+AR+72143,+USA/35.2572158,-91.7491287/35.2607424,-91.7182367/Riverside+Park/@35.2630254,-91.7328848,5594m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m17!4m16!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x87d3a978051a2529:0x7a9717021c174eb7!2m2!1d-91.7451334!2d35.2468803!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0xb30a2a5d7d7c0eb6!2m2!1d-91.716782!2d35.278927!3e2

Maybe someone who does have a Twitter account could straight up ask David Goins (the reporter) to find out who was the last to see Malik before he vanished. I find it hard to believe this question hasn't been asked or answered already. IMO, this should have been one of the first questions asked even for a rookie reporter.

Just looking at twitter someone asked David Goins that very question 20 hours ago, no reply to it though. I replied, lets see if anything comes of it.

Searcy Police Dept. @SearcyPD · 17h 17 hours ago
Facts: 1 Malik is still missing. 2 Searcy Police, WCSO, ASP, FBI, & othr agencies diligently searching/investigating #FindMalik 501-268-3531

Searcy Police Dept. ‏@SearcyPD 3m3 minutes ago
@P******* search/investigation ongoing as we speak. We can't stress enough anyone w info 501-268-3531 thanks 4 your concern #FindMalik

https://twitter.com/SearcyPD

Rumour mill must be in full swing.. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Searcy-Police-Department/357099801070928?fref=ts

Loving SPD!

Good find! This is a general document, correct? Not specific to this case?

I have no knowledge of custody/visitation agreements- in general or in this specific case- but my gut feeling is that there wasn't a visitation or custody agreement in this case. I may be way off base, maybe everyone has to have one, I don't know. That is just my instinct and purely speculation, MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder about child support.
If the mother requests monetary support, doesn't the father generally seek more privileges with a child such as visitation? Maybe child support isn't involved in this case either, but it seems probable. Oh gee, I just realized, that would open up another whole can of worms with Malik missing.

I went back and listened to the press conference from November 24 to see if Chief Clark said anything about what dad and g/f reported. I now understand a little better why there are conflicting stories.

What Clark said around 9:14 (the video counts down):

“Well, the parents were both home and one was sleeping and another was taking care of a baby (inaudible, possibly “in like”) a bath. And the child, uh is a twin and the two twins were in the livingroom area and when they returned, the child was gone.”

Asked if Malik had been seen by any neighbors Clark replied that police had gone door to door and hadn't found anyone who saw Malik outside at all. He later reiterated that the last time Malik was seen was 5:45 by the “stepmother.”

When asked if Malik lived with dad permanently, Clark said:

“Well, the biological mother and the father, the way I understand it, you know, shared custody of the child. The child was there with his father and stepmother.”

Reporter: Could have been a weekend thing perhaps?

Clark: Possibly. I think he'd been staying there for a couple of weeks.

Another comment from Clark:

“I think in the um...the gap in time between missing and us contacted includes the time that the parent was out of the room, which was probably about 30 minutes, (inaudible) what's been reported to us.”

Please note that during this conference the chief said Malik was autistic. Several days later LE announced that they discovered that Malik was never diagnosed or even tested for autism. The claim came from family members and apparently was only a personal opinion.

http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...ssing-searcy-boy/41000/SljeWLxh10uuvs31WAry3Q

I went back and listened to the press conference from November 24 to see if Chief Clark said anything about what dad and g/f reported. I now understand a little better why there are conflicting stories.

“Well, the parents were both home and one was sleeping and another was taking care of a baby (inaudible, possibly “in like”) a bath. And the child, uh is a twin and the two twins were in the livingroom area and when they returned, the child was gone.”

Asked if Malik had been seen by any neighbors Clark replied that police had gone door to door and hadn't found anyone who saw Malik outside at all. He later reiterated that the last time Malik was seen was 5:45 by the “stepmother.”

“Well, the biological mother and the father, the way I understand it, you know, shared custody of the child. The child was there with his father and stepmother.”

“I think in the um...the gap in time between missing and us contacted includes the time that the parent was out of the room, which was probably about 30 minutes, (inaudible) what's been reported to us.”

Please note that during this conference the chief said Malik was autistic. Several days later LE announced that they discovered that Malik was never diagnosed or even tested for autism. The claim came from family members and apparently was only a personal opinion.

http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...ssing-searcy-boy/41000/SljeWLxh10uuvs31WAry3Q

Wow! Realizing this was early, and only stated as a possibility, but the "think he'd been staying there for a couple of weeks" comment really makes our question of who else has seen Malik really important. I'm sure LE is on it.

Ummm how many of us would leave twin two yr olds in the living room for 30 min by themselves? I just want to know if Im crazy protective thinking thats a very long time not to check on a 2 yo?

Yikes . . . ugh.
I have learned more, but know no more.:thinking:

Ummm how many of us would leave twin two yr olds in the living room for 30 min by themselves? I just want to know if Im crazy protective thinking thats a very long time not to check on a 2 yo?
That's what I was thinking. Heck, if my 2 cats are in another room for 30 minutes, I am likely to peek in to make sure nothing nefarious is occurring.

Wonder about child support.
If the mother requests monetary support, doesn't the father generally seek more privileges with a child such as visitation? Maybe child support isn't involved in this case either, but it seems probable. Oh gee, I just realized, that would open up another whole can of worms with Malik missing.

Yes, there may be child support. And you are right, if there is child support then there is surely a custody/visitation agreement. Also, any public assistance could factor in and make formal arrangements more likely.

For some reason much of this situation strikes me as flying below the radar. That is what made me feel like the parents just sort of worked things out between themselves. But again, totally just a feeling and speculation- JMO and MOO.

Awesome job transcribing! :earson:

This was NO easy task, and absolutely appreciated! :heart:

:tyou: :tyou: :tyou:

If you're crazy then so am I. ;) Besides, two year olds, all alone in a room, quietly playing for at least 30 minutes without fighting or going to see what the adults are doing? Please. I'd give them 5 minutes top.

You make some good points. LE no longer believes Malik wandered off but until he's found it's still a possibility, no matter how remote. I'm leaning towards either a stranger abduction or abduction by someone known to Malik but at this point, who knows? There are conflicting reports in msm about what was told to police - some don't make sense and LE hasn't yet publicly clarified the circumstances.

What's worrisome to me is that dad and g/f said he disappeared at 5:45 (they called police at 6:30). Sunset that day was at 4:59 so it would have been dark by then. I can't imagine Malik roaming very far from the house in the dark, especially since relatives said he wasn't in the habit of running off.

Plus, his grandmother said Malik and his twin sister were inseparable. However, she didn't follow him out or make a fuss when Malik left - The g/f said she pointed to the door when asked where he went. Seems odd.

Good points, all, MsMarple -- you are so thorough and good!

The longer this thing drags out, the more an abduction makes sense to some extent, although it made sense as one real possibility to me at the beginning of this horror. With it dark outside, I don't see Malik just going out the door on his own, either, and the twins were inseparable -- as most are at that age. It could be that someone came by the back of the house (was the kitchen where the outside door was? That's what I'm thinking, anyway...) and saw the twins in the kitchen, and came in and just took Malik. If Malik knew the person, and if the kidnapper/abductor was all smiles and happy/happy, Malik may have been fine with being picked up and taken out -- a toy in the person's hand would have been very helpful. In the dark, between 5:00--6:00pm is a busy time. If dad was truly asleep, or not home yet, it would be possible. My doubt here would be -- what about his twin sister? Wouldn't she have made a fuss? Or maybe she wasn't in the kitchen at the time -- in the bath? Arghhhh -- who knoze?

Around & around in circles we go. Reliable info -- we need it. We want to find Malik. Grrrrr.

I'd like to know when the last confirmed sighting of this child alive and well was independent of the two adults in that home because I don't buy none of what they are selling..

I'm discouraged . The tip to search the water seemed like the ONLY thing LE has to go on at this point. That it did not pan out is not good imho.

Little Bryeon Hunter was discarded in water. Even though they knew for a fact he was in the water, it still was about a month before he was found.
So just because nothing is found in a search in water, depending on the size and movement of that water, there still could be something there.
Hate to be a downer. I'll be elated to be wrong and this baby found alive !

same here, hoping someone is hiding him but as each day goes my hopes are getting slimmer, like the young boy here in oz (sorry, memory is not helping me with a name!) who went missing from his front yard and no signs of foul play but he is still missing
if someone knows anything please just say it!

I don't think I'd worry that much if they were asleep on the couch or on those little toddler nap mats you can get to put on the floor. Were they (or was Malik) asleep when she left? If so, it would be very normal, a mom tiptoeing out to get some dinner made while the kid's asleep. Apparently Dad was napping at the time, too--where was he at the time? Same room? Nearby?

What about the possibility of a wandering/kidnapping situation? Say Malik gets curious about the great outdoors and goes out that screen door, and someone--a neighbor? A relative? Maybe even a stranger?--sees him wandering out there alone and goes, "Aha. This child's parents aren't around; I think I'll take advantage." We may never know if Malik actually is autistic and thus at risk for wandering, since that was apparently a relative's guess, but even a typical two-year-old can get restless enough to walk out their own front door.

I'd like to know when the last confirmed sighting of this child alive and well was independent of the two adults in that home because I don't buy none of what they are selling..

That's the million dollar question, isn't it? In the early presser Chief Clark said he thought the twins had been with dad and g/f for a couple of weeks. If that's true then it should be easy enough for LE to talk to friends or relatives who may have visited with the kids. Heck, there's probably CCTV footage out there somewhere, like from McDonald's or the grocery store.

I'm sure LE's on top of it - they said that from the get go they had been conducting dual operations - one being the search for Malik and the other being the cause of his disappearance. And yeah, that info could end up being a game changer in this case.

Child support and visitation are technically two separate issues. Usually they go together but you don't have to have an official parenting plan to get child support. I've had several parenting plans thru the years that my ex has never ever followed. As long as the parents are in agreement about the custody then the judge can sign off on the agreement and move on to the child support. This is in my own experience in a different state, so it may be different in AR.

Usually there is support ordered even if parents have 50/50 time with the kids. This is so one parent is primarily responsible for school fees, clothes, activities etc. Some arrangements are much more detailed than others.

In my state if you receive food stamps or child care assistance you're required to cooperate with the state child support enforcement agency. If there's any dispute on paternity the state will attempt to establish paternity. They will pursue support to recoup any funds the state is paying for the child and get orders established for regular support. They don't have anything to do with visitation, though. They can garnish wages and intercept tax returns, also.

Here is the link to the Fact Sheet, specific to the State of Arkansas:

Child Custody and Visitation
http://www.arlegalservices.org/files/FSChildCustodyVisitation.pdf

It addresses multiple (co)parenting issues, including child support.

This is from page 2:

(snip)

Visitation and child support do not depend on each other. The noncustodial parent must still pay child support.
• If the noncustodial parent is not getting visitation, he or she cannot withhold child support payments.
• If a custodial parent is not receiving child support,
he or she cannot deny visitation.

----
ETA: This is just as MzOpinion8d stated; however, just because it is the law/ordered, doesn't mean compliance occurs.

Sounds like maybe they need to bring in a child psychiatrist/counselor to interview his twin sister without the parents or anybody else in the room. She apparently is the only eye witness as to what happened prior to the cops being called that afternoon. On the other hand, she may not have seen or heard a single thing. At the very least, maybe she could verify the account of Malik walking out of the door that day, and whether or not she was asked where he went..

I would think by now if either guardian had failed a polygraph miserably, they would be in more of a hot seat, and be questioned relentlessly.

The only suggestion I would have left is for LE to serve a search warrant on the house and go in there and spray some luminol around to see if any traces of blood show up anywhere. Short of that.....it seems like a waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296