Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that could be helpful in tracking her movements is that her phone was found and also that she has an Apple watch. I have both and my watch tracks my exercise by type, speed, exact time of the activity, as well as a map of location of the activity. This info is synced with my phone and when the exercise app on the phone is checked, the identical info appears there. This should provide LE with the time she was walking, how far she had walked, where and when she actually started and stopped.

Also, the watch also automatically detects when/if person has fallen and asks if you are ok and allows person to get help. This happened to me the other day - I had not fallen but merely stumbled a bit. The jolt caused the phone to ask me if I needed 911 assistance. I had to respond that I'm ok, or I had to start moving. Otherwise the watch will call 911 automatically.

This is dependent on 1) the series watch (Series 4 or later), 2) that her phone is data enabled and has its own phone line, and 3) that she had this feature enabled.

Since she seems fit and conscientious about exercise, I would assume she sets her watch to the exercise activity as well, in order to "close the exercise and movement rings."

All technical JMO

Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas said Thursday evening that authorities found Sydney Sutherland’s cell phone about a quarter-mile from her home and Highway 67.

#UPDATE: Sydney Sutherland’s cellphone has been located. According to Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas, her phone had no damage to it and was found about a quarter mile from her home and HWY 67.
Sheriff: Sutherland’s cell phone recovered

Has anyone done a map yet? This is looking very bad for SS IMO

Observation on my part, I almost wish the fact she had an apple watch wasn't so publically known. I think that is going to be a problem if there is a perp. If it's synced (which it most likely is) then her phone is going to have quite a bit of evidence. Anyone looked at her photo's and been able to find a pic of the watch?

I was born in Newport!! I know the area very well!! the landscape in the area can be scary. There is another case not far from there, a woman was attacked in the Craighead forest park. I am looking into the situations to see what I can find. I even have family in the areas so I am going to be chit-chating today.

I was born in Newport!! I know the area very well!! the landscape in the area can be scary. There is another case not far from there, a woman was attacked in the Craighead forest park. I am looking into the situations to see what I can find. I even have family in the areas so I am going to be chit-chating today.
Is this the woman that was knocked unconscious Monday? I’m trying to determine how far that was from the gym where Sydney worked out. I hope they are trying to see if connected and looking at video of possible from the incident Monday. The timing of attacks is close it seems. Did someone have a schedule that took them to and they those areas at that time.

Authorities in Arkansas are searching for a woman who left her home to go jogging on Wednesday and did not return.

According to KATV, Sydney Sutherland, 25, of Jackson County was last seen jogging near Highway 18 at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas told Fox 16 News that a UPS driver spotted the woman jogging. There appear to be conflicting reports about exactly where she was last seen. It is not clear who reported Sutherland missing.

According to the report, Sutherland lives near Highway 18 between Newport and Grubbs with her boyfriend.

The sheriff told Fox 16 News that police have found no indication of domestic issues.

I don't know if this above is a direct quote, a response to a question or journalistic licence. It's interesting to note (domestic abuse) is high in priority. Why would he say that.?

"Words don't come from a vacuum"

MISSING: 25-year-old woman vanishes after going out for a jog

Domestic Violence along with other crime is on an increase due to Corona lockdowns. DV also more open now since Jennifer Farber Dulos case in CT. LE is being taught how to report it, what to ask victims. DA’s prosecute more. And it’s not limited to women. It cuts across all genders and all communities. Straight. Gay. Trans. Bi. Crimes against a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member