Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the woman that was knocked unconscious Monday? I’m trying to determine how far that was from the gym where Sydney worked out. I hope they are trying to see if connected and looking at video of possible from the incident Monday. The timing of attacks is close it seems. Did someone have a schedule that took them to and they those areas at that time.
depending on traffic about 20 minutes. This is my stomping grounds when we came home on leave.

Authorities in Arkansas are searching for a woman who left her home to go jogging on Wednesday and did not return.

According to KATV, Sydney Sutherland, 25, of Jackson County was last seen jogging near Highway 18 at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas told Fox 16 News that a UPS driver spotted the woman jogging. There appear to be conflicting reports about exactly where she was last seen. It is not clear who reported Sutherland missing.

According to the report, Sutherland lives near Highway 18 between Newport and Grubbs with her boyfriend.

The sheriff told Fox 16 News that police have found no indication of domestic issues.

I don't know if this above is a direct quote, a response to a question or journalistic licence. It's interesting to note (domestic abuse) is high in priority. Why would he say that.?

"Words don't come from a vacuum"

MISSING: 25-year-old woman vanishes after going out for a jog

I would assume he has to say that because that's the first thing everyone thinks in cases like these. I don't read anything else into it.

Is this the woman that was knocked unconscious Monday? I’m trying to determine how far that was from the gym where Sydney worked out. I hope they are trying to see if connected and looking at video of possible from the incident Monday. The timing of attacks is close it seems. Did someone have a schedule that took them to and they those areas at that time.
depending on traffic about 20 minutes. This is my stomping grounds when we came home on leave. where my family lives and I am a fisher and have knowledge of the landscape.
depending on traffic about 20 minutes. This is my stomping grounds when we came home on leave.

Here is a better one.

Far bottom right is her home on Highway 18
Going West next marker is State Road 41
Assuming she would normally turn North onto SR 43
Then turn back East either on the Highway 67 on ramp and run along that road or stay straight on 67, cross overpass and come back down SR 41.
** State Road 41 does NOT have an exit ramp at Highway 67, but if you "drive it" on Google maps, you can see that you could easily navigate down the gentle slope if running, to get back on SR 41 and finish your running route.

**The phone was reportedly found 10 feet off of Highway 67, near where it crosses SR 41.

The Sheriff mentioned the area of Exit 87 near the large white windmill. If someone were traveling East on Highway 67 and spotted her, they could have grabbed her in the 43 to 67 area or followed her and grabbed her just before 41. There could have also been a car stopped in that area (fake car trouble, asking directions due to bad cell service, who knows).

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Can you tell me what each place is on the map? Is tuckerman where she stopped at her brothers house? Where is her house on map?

Here is a better one.

Far bottom right is her home on Highway 18
Going West next marker is State Road 41
Assuming she would normally turn North onto SR 43
Then turn back East either on the Highway 67 on ramp and run along that road or stay straight on 67, cross overpass and come back down SR 41.
** State Road 41 does NOT have an exit ramp at Highway 67, but if you "drive it" on Google maps, you can see that you could easily navigate down the gentle slope if running, to get back on SR 41 and finish your running route.

**The phone was reportedly found 10 feet off of Highway 67, near where it crosses SR 41.

The Sheriff mentioned the area of Exit 87 near the large white windmill. If someone were traveling East on Highway 67 and spotted her, they could have grabbed her in the 43 to 67 area or followed her and grabbed her just before 41. There could have also been a car stopped in that area (fake car trouble, asking directions due to bad cell service, who knows).

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

NEVER EVER GET CLOSE TO A CAR ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS OR TO USE YOUR PHONE.

I wave them off with “Sorry, I can’t hear you“ and LEAVE.

If I left a stranded or lost motorist. I’m sorry.

And if you are grabbed, fight like h—- never just go without a struggle.

I’ve read both from LE sources and victim’s rights groups.

BBM you can always call LE and let them know there's a stranded motorist at such and such location. Very good point!

I was born in Newport!! I know the area very well!! the landscape in the area can be scary. There is another case not far from there, a woman was attacked in the Craighead forest park. I am looking into the situations to see what I can find. I even have family in the areas so I am going to be chit-chating today.
Sydney is
I was born in Newport!! I know the area very well!! the landscape in the area can be scary. There is another case not far from there, a woman was attacked in the Craighead forest park. I am looking into the situations to see what I can find. I even have family in the areas so I am going to be chit-chating today.
I am backing out of the conversation for awhile Sydney is family ( distancing by generations but non the less family) I am going to get intouch with family and see what's happening. I lost touch with my dad's family after he passed away, My aunt and uncle said that I reminded them he was gone. I didn't know how to respond so I drifted away from them, my dad was a military man so I figured that they were just in denial about him passing

Found it. Can anyone tell anything
It looks exactly like mine - even same rose gold color as mine....and mine is the newest series. This will not indicate if she had the ability to make a phone call from the watch without the phone being present however. I elected to have the capability and I paid more for the watch and also for my Verizon services as they add another phone line. It's confusing as there is not really another phone number, but in order to have a separate device with data access, there has to be a separate number. My phone will ring even if the watch in not nearby and will as well if my phone is in airplane mode only connected to wifi (as long as the watch is not on wifi only). I elected to have this as I wanted to be able to contact the outside world from just my watch. For safety reasons.

(The watch will aways have the ability to connect to wifi, provided there is service within a certain area and passwords are known.)

If she did indeed have cellular enabled on the watch, she would have been able to tell Siri to call 911 instantly. Even if someone surprised her, and knocked the phone out of her hand, a watch is much more difficult to take off a victim and thus, she would have had more time to react. This lends me to believe either she did not have cellular access from her watch, without the presence of the phone there too. Or possibly, the cellar service was nonexistent and/or weak in that rural area. JMO

I wonder if she used earbuds? I think someone could easily have driven up to her, tapped her a bit, grabbed her and left the phone. But if they touched it to get it away from her, maybe they left prints? It's reminding me of Mollie Tibbetts - except I don't know if there are cameras that may have caught a vehicle following her ..sigh.

JMO

Anyone found an official missing page on facebook?
There are Missing FB groups for her that are open to the public (at least one anyway). I don't know how to determine if it's official and we can use it for info. I do remember, only the admins of the group can be quoted, but none of them appear to be family, as far as I can tell so far.

It looks exactly like mine - even same rose gold color as mine....and mine is the newest series. This will not indicate if she had the ability to make a phone call from the watch without the phone being present however. I elected to have the capability and I paid more for the watch and also for my Verizon services as they add another phone line. It's confusing as there is not really another phone number, but in order to have a separate device with data access, there has to be a separate number. My phone will ring even if the watch in not nearby and will as well if my phone is in airplane mode only connected to wifi (as long as the watch is not on wifi only). I elected to have this as I wanted to be able to contact the outside world from just my watch. For safety reasons.

(The watch will aways have the ability to connect to wifi, provided there is service within a certain area and passwords are known.)

If she did indeed have cellular enabled on the watch, she would have been able to tell Siri to call 911 instantly. Even if someone surprised her, and knocked the phone out of her hand, a watch is much more difficult to take off a victim and thus, she would have had more time to react. This lends me to believe either she did not have cellular access from her watch, without the presence of the phone there too. Or possibly, the cellar service was nonexistent and/or weak in that rural area. JMO

Zecats, I have the same set up on my watch. Agree about the cellular capability. I noticed in the presser yesterday when asked about her phone pings the Sheriff seemed to hesitate before answering. Hopefully finding her phone will lead to something significant. Very quiet today.

Zecats, I have the same set up on my watch. Agree about the cellular capability. I noticed in the presser yesterday when asked about her phone pings the Sheriff seemed to hesitate before answering. Hopefully finding her phone will lead to something significant. Very quiet today.
Agreed @bestill They have to be able to gather some information from the phone. And it being found off the road leads me to believe someone tossed it, or she was running from something and dropped it. JMO

Also, comments from the missing group had mentioned numerous times that ATT wireless and internet was down that day. This is a link that seems to confirm this for some places in AR, at least. If true, it wouldn't matter whether she had cellular and/or wifi connections.

AT&T Outage in Conway, Arkansas: Current Problems and Outages

Comments under this link also mention T-Mobile and Verizon problems.

Back in Jackson County as the search continues for Sydney Sutherland.

Ef9PqjlXgAAQZxN.jpeg
https://twitter.com/LoganWhaleyKAIT/status/1296842821295579142

I just got off the phone with Sheriff David Lucas. Here’s what I was told.

—A press conference is being planned for 1:00 at the Sheriff’s Office.

—No new information since last night.

—A crew is searching in the general area around County Roads 41, 42, and 43 near Hwy 18.

https://twitter.com/LoganWhaleyKAIT/status/1296843119217049602

Sheriff Lucas has been meeting with officials with the Arkansas State Police in Newport this morning.

https://twitter.com/LoganWhaleyKAIT/status/1296843290797576195

Ok, I am a bit confused. Maybe looking for specifics where there aren't any. We have been shown a map where Sydney lives and we have been told that her phone was found 1/4 mile from her house. But if you measure 1/4 mile that would not be right by hwy 67. It would have to be on hwy 18 or county road 41. I am quoting the article linked in quote below where it stated where phone was found.

Authorities with the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department say they have found Sydney Sutherland cell phone. They say the cell phone was about a quarter-mile from her home and Highway 67.

Yep, boyfriend was the one who reported her missing.
Several video links can be found here if you want to catch up Sheriff: Missing Jackson County woman’s cell phone recovered | KLRT - FOX16.com

Can anyone point me to what time she was reported missing?

Sydney is

I am backing out of the conversation for awhile Sydney is family ( distancing by generations but non the less family) I am going to get intouch with family and see what's happening. I lost touch with my dad's family after he passed away, My aunt and uncle said that I reminded them he was gone. I didn't know how to respond so I drifted away from them, my dad was a military man so I figured that they were just in denial about him passing
Take care Carrie Ann. We are all praying and hoping for her to be found safe and sound. We are here if you need our help. Thinking of you as you get back in touch with family as well. ((((hugs))))

So they have Ring doorbell footage of her at her vehicle in (what looks like to me) jogging attire. I wonder how much of her jog the doorbell footage catches - I'm guessing not much, but it did look like it shows down the street a ways?

The ring pic was Sydney leaving her sister's house. What's unclear to me is whether she had already been to the gym at that point?

Still catching up on the details in this case, good to see a great bunch of posters in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome