Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in Jackson County as the search continues for Sydney Sutherland.

View attachment 260726
https://twitter.com/LoganWhaleyKAIT/status/1296842821295579142

I just got off the phone with Sheriff David Lucas. Here’s what I was told.

—A press conference is being planned for 1:00 at the Sheriff’s Office.

—No new information since last night.

—A crew is searching in the general area around County Roads 41, 42, and 43 near Hwy 18.

https://twitter.com/LoganWhaleyKAIT/status/1296843119217049602

Sheriff Lucas has been meeting with officials with the Arkansas State Police in Newport this morning.

https://twitter.com/LoganWhaleyKAIT/status/1296843290797576195
1pm presser - sigh..
Thanks for updating her media thread.

Sydney Sutherland Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
snipped
1. A UPS Driver Confirmed Sutherland’s Sighting Near County Road 41 on Wednesday Afternoon

Sutherland went to a gym on Wednesday in the city of Jonesboro, Fox16.com reported, citing officials.

Investigators are now looking at the facility’s surveillance video for possible clues, the outlet added.

A UPS driver has also confirmed to authorities that she saw Sutherland jogging near County Road 41 on the evening of August 19, Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas said during a Thursday press conference, according to WMC-TV.

2. AT&T Received Several Pings from Sutherland’s Phone in That Area

The sheriff’s office disclosed that AT&T received several pings from Sutherland’s phone in the area of her sighting, Fox16.com reported. Lucas said the 25-year-old had her phone and apple Watch with her, the outlet added.

Law enforcement is currently working toward utilizing potential information from the watch, Fox16.com continued.

Between Sutherland’s sighting and location pings, investigators said they are focusing their search on the loop area that she “normally walked” between County Road 41, 42, 43 and Highway 18, WMC-TV said.

3. Law Enforcement Found Sutherland’s Phone Roughly a Quarter-Mile From her Home
Authorities have since located Sutherland’s cell-phone, WMC-TV reported.

Law officials discovered the cellular device about a quarter-mile from her home and Highway 67, the station added.

4. Sutherland Lives on Highway 18 & Frequently Jogs in the Area, Deputies Say
Sutherland lives with her boyfriend on Highway 18, between Newport and Grubbs, Lucas indicated to Fox16.com.

The sheriff disclosed that there are no signs pointing to any issues between the couple, the outlet reported.

Sutherland, who is also a nurse, takes frequent walks or jogs in the area, according to Fox16.com and the 25-year-old’s Facebook page.

5.The Sheriff’s Office is Warning Against Social Media Rumors Involving a Texas Truck & Two Men

Sydney is

I am backing out of the conversation for awhile Sydney is family ( distancing by generations but non the less family) I am going to get intouch with family and see what's happening. I lost touch with my dad's family after he passed away, My aunt and uncle said that I reminded them he was gone. I didn't know how to respond so I drifted away from them, my dad was a military man so I figured that they were just in denial about him passing

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of Sydney's friends and family. I'm anxiously awaiting the 1pm presser. I hope the phone provides leads and can help find Sydney.

I wonder if it is normal for her to go to the gym and then do a run? That seems a bit excessive, not that it matters but just an observation on my part.
The gym was supposedly an hour training session. I've seen comments from the Barre-Fit owners who state she has trained with them for several years. This is from the missing page about her and I believe it can be mentioned here as it's from the owners themselves and is not a rumor. (People were questioning a possible stalker from the gym and owners commented that she trained there with the same women every week.)

I feel that she probably made running part of her routine after that and wanted to do so without wearing a mask on a treadmill. JMO

Yes brother's house is on the map at the Tuckerman location. I posted with the original map that it was marked but that she drove to her house after visiting her brother's house and then went for a jog. Her house is just east of SR 41 on Hwy 18.

DBM-

DDS I'm diggndeeper to see if I can find that information :)‬‏‏

Yes, the Tuckerman mark is her brother's house. I included in my original post that she drove from the brother's home and then went for a run. Her house is just east of SR 41 on Hwy 18.

Sure that's not her brother's home who reportedly lives in Tuckerman? Her home is stated as being rural, and off rt 18 near Grubbs.

"Sutherland went missing at around 3 pm Wednesday, August 19th. She was was known to be running near her home, Highway 18, right outside of Grubbs, AR."

Jackson County authorities enter day 3 of the search for Sydney Sutherland

Yes, the Tuckerman mark is her brother's house. I included in my original post that she drove from the brother's home and then went for a run. Her house is just east of SR 41 on Hwy 18.
That's what I thought, and that's where the doorbell video of her earlier in the day was taken. Supposedly, she went from the gym to her brother's, then home, then for a run/walk, leaving for that from her own home. Curious if her boyfriend was home that day and would know what time she left and what time she should have returned. I've not been able to find who actually reported her missing nor what time.

Authorities in Arkansas are searching for a woman who left her home to go jogging on Wednesday and did not return.

According to KATV, Sydney Sutherland, 25, of Jackson County was last seen jogging near Highway 18 at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas told Fox 16 News that a UPS driver spotted the woman jogging. There appear to be conflicting reports about exactly where she was last seen. It is not clear who reported Sutherland missing.

According to the report, Sutherland lives near Highway 18 between Newport and Grubbs with her boyfriend.

The sheriff told Fox 16 News that police have found no indication of domestic issues.

I don't know if this above is a direct quote, a response to a question or journalistic licence. It's interesting to note (domestic abuse) is high in priority. Why would he say that.?

"Words don't come from a vacuum"

MISSING: 25-year-old woman vanishes after going out for a jog

I would assume he has to say that because that's the first thing everyone thinks in cases like these. I don't read anything else into it.

The ring pic was Sydney leaving her sister's house. What's unclear to me is whether she had already been to the gym at that point?

Still catching up on the details in this case, good to see a great bunch of posters in this thread!
Yes - gym first then brother's house as I've read reported with the photo.

JACKSON COUNTY, Ark. (KAIT) - Jackson County law enforcement, U.S. Marshals, the FBI, along with hundreds of volunteers, enter day 3 in the search for missing Jackson County woman Sydney Sutherland.

Jackson County authorities are meeting with several different agencies to go over a new game plan for the search efforts of day 3 in the search of Sutherland.

Investigators are asking for property owners to check their property and outbuildings for anything suspicious, and if you find anything to call police immediately. Law enforcement will come and assist any homeowner who may need help searching their property.

Investigators urge searchers to also call police immediately, and not touch anything if they find anything while volunteers are searching the area.

Sheriff: Search of missing Jackson Co. woman continues

In 1 p.m. press conference Sheriff Lucas told reporters that Sutherland had not been found, and there are really no new leads in the case.

Lucas praised the community and their efforts to help and spoke about this being difficult because he does know the family and Sutherland went to school with Lucas’ family.

JACKSON COUNTY, Ark. (KAIT) - Jackson County law enforcement, U.S. Marshals, the FBI, along with hundreds of volunteers, enter day 3 in the search for missing Jackson County woman Sydney Sutherland.

Jackson County authorities are meeting with several different agencies to go over a new game plan for the search efforts of day 3 in the search of Sutherland.

Investigators are asking for property owners to check their property and outbuildings for anything suspicious, and if you find anything to call police immediately. Law enforcement will come and assist any homeowner who may need help searching their property.

Investigators urge searchers to also call police immediately, and not touch anything if they find anything while volunteers are searching the area.

Sheriff: Search of missing Jackson Co. woman continues

In 1 p.m. press conference Sheriff Lucas told reporters that Sutherland had not been found, and there are really no new leads in the case.

Lucas praised the community and their efforts to help and spoke about this being difficult because he does know the family and Sutherland went to school with Lucas’ family.
ugh - this is not good - I've added to her media thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste