Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's like the middle of nowhere. Wow.

I’m an adult male and jogging out there would scare the crap out of me too. Wow.

Praying but I don’t see how we’re gonna have a happy ending here. Her friends posts on FB are heartbreaking.

I hope she just wanted to get away for a few days and had somebody pick her up, as unlikely as that is

No solid leads yet. She lives with a boyfriend, no indications of issues. Not ruling anything out though. They listed the county highway numbers where she lives and where she usually walks. Sheriff seeking all information. She had her phone and Apple watch - which Sheriff's office is talking with carrier and Apple. Seeking any information from people who may have seen her or were in that area between 2 and 3 pm (central). Confirmed siting of her by postal driver on county route 41 yesterday between 2:30 and 3 - looked like she was walking for exercise. Rumor about truck with TX license plate and two men - unsubstantiated. FBI involved.

LE talked about that rumor in the pressor, it was false and they asked people to quit putting out false info. It takes the focus off the investigation and makes it harder on LE and the public.

Yes and together with what we know now I’m thinking she was taken sadly
Jmo
Sounds like it to me as well. Seems like she was following a regular routine with a trainer at the gym and then a walk/jog in her home area. Like Mollie, again, Sydney seemingly chooses to jog often and in the same general area. So this could either be random, with the wrong person driving by while she was out there...or it could be someone who knows her routine and has possibly been waiting for an opportunity. JMO

I would love to be wrong and learn that she's safe on a beach somewhere, having needed a break from her routine.

According to Lucas, Sutherland had her phone and an Apple Watch with her. The sheriff says AT&T has received pings from her phone in that area. Officials are also trying to get information from the watch, Sheriff Lucas says.

Officials say Sutherland went to a gym in Jonesboro on Wednesday and investigators are looking at surveillance footage there.

Sheriff Lucas also warned there was some information put on social media about a truck out of Texas and two men who might have been involved. The sheriff says this information did not come from law enforcement.

If you see Sutherland or know where she may be, call the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office at 870-523-5842.
Search continues for missing East Arkansas woman last seen jogging | KNWA FOX24

*not trying to derail, just noting. another still missing woman from the area.
AR - AR - Brooke Allensworth, 37, Oil Trough, 12 July 2018
Swedeheart. This is interesting to me because of the Newport connection.

I’m quoting it from the other thread... the thread for Brooke.

Her father told Searcy police that she may be in the area of Batesville, Newport, Jacksonport or Searcy. He said she was either last seen in the Newark and Newport area July 10 and possibly July 12 in Searcy after having a disagreement with her estranged ex-husband Brad Durham.

Her last name is Durham but since she divorced, she is going by her maiden name -- Allensworth.

Brooke's car, a 2007 black Toyota Camry, was found the day after she was reported missing and looked as if it had been abandoned for a while. "

An Independence County Sheriff said, "the investigation into her disappearance shows the flat occurred while Brooke was traveling from Newport to Searcy. A passerby temporarily fixed it with a can of fix-a-flat, but when it went flat again, she pulled over by the bridge near Oil Trough, where deputies found the vehicle after being called to the area."

The Daily Citizen - thedailycitizen.com

edited to make TOS friendlier.

Last edited:
Quoting to add some text of the article.

Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas said Thursday evening that authorities found Sydney Sutherland’s cell phone about a quarter-mile from her home and Highway 67.
Lucas also said Thursday evening that authorities had exhausted all of their leads in the ground search around her home. Deputies, ASP investigators and U.S. Marshals will be meeting at 8:30 a.m. Friday to go over things that have been done and things that still need to happen.

The county roads mentioned Sheriff Lucas cross Highway 67 Northeast of Newport at Exit 87.

Lucas referenced a white windmill near that exit. Lucas said anyone driving through that area Wednesday between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. that saw anything should call the Jackson County sheriff’s office.
We just want her home,” Jennifer Eddington, Sydney’s Co-Worker at Harris Medical Center in Newport said.

Sheriff: Sutherland’s cell phone recovered

To Note
•continued their search into the night Thursday
•found Sydney Sutherland’s cell phone about a quarter-mile from her home and Highway 67
•Sheriff Lucas says after finding her phone, they are confident that she was not hit by a car b/c of lack of evidence As far as abduction, he says “we have a 25-year-old young lady out there somewhere & we are not ruling anything out. We’re not going to leave anything unturned.”
•the search has been suspended for the evening due to safety reasons.

Sheriff: Sutherland’s cell phone recovered

To Note
•continued their search into the night Thursday
•found Sydney Sutherland’s cell phone about a quarter-mile from her home and Highway 67
•Sheriff Lucas says after finding her phone, they are confident that she was not hit by a car b/c of lack of evidence As far as abduction, he says “we have a 25-year-old young lady out there somewhere & we are not ruling anything out. We’re not going to leave anything unturned.”
•the search has been suspended for the evening due to safety reasons.

Oh my. I am not comforted by the finding of her phone...at all.

A 25-year-old mother from Arkansas has gone misisng

•Sydney Sutherland, 25, is a mother from Grubbs, Arkansas.
•is a registered nurse at a medical center in Newport
•A woman by the name of Sophia Jackson Newberry claims Sutherland is her brother's girlfriend
•Another woman named Summer Sutherland shared a security camera image of Sutherland at her car, claiming it was the last image of her seen.

"Please help us find our sassy!!" she pleaded.

A 25-year-old mother from Arkansas has gone misisng

•Sydney Sutherland, 25, is a mother from Grubbs, Arkansas.
•is a registered nurse at a medical center in Newport
•A woman by the name of Sophia Jackson Newberry claims Sutherland is her brother's girlfriend
•Another woman named Summer Sutherland shared a security camera image of Sutherland at her car, claiming it was the last image of her seen.

"Please help us find our sassy!!" she pleaded.

This is the first I’ve heard of her having a child(ren)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur