AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across a story in the British Daily Mail today, about an Irish artist who has crated an exhibition "Project Blink" consisting of paintings she has done of unidentified Jane Doe's from throughout the U.S. The exhibition (being held in Ireland) was created in order to build a legacy for the women, while bringing attention to gender-based violence. The paintings are captioned with the circumstances including dates, locations, etc. In my opinion, they are much more dignified than morgue photographs, and her website is quite thorough.

View attachment 70768

Link to Project Blink: http://janedoe.ie/

Link to article about the artist: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ead-missing-women-Jane-Doe-Blink-project.html

Thank you for finding this!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Thank you for finding this!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Many years ago, before I knew about these internet forums etc..., I was in contact with a relative of her last boyfriend. (The one who murdered her.)
She met her only a few times, had only good things to say, but some memories were very specific.

You have said before that you knew her, or met her.
What's YOUR main memories of her and her personality?
Did she ever mention to you any names or where she came from?

this is not his Facebook I think that is his nephew, he was not in Little Rock he was in Texas for around 3 months, then back to Eldorado for about 6 months before he slit his cousins throat with a box cutter, was in union county jail untill this last trial. Better see if that facebook link can be removed
sorry!

oh and P.S. he spent two years in Abilene Tx for a violent sexual assult on a college student in Austin right before this, he was released april 2010.

Whatever happened to the family member that James assaulted? I wonder if anyone in the family really knows who JD was? If so, maybe now there is at least one family member willing to talk? I sure wouldn't feel any loyalty to keep his secrets. Is there another possible reason why the family is keeping quiet? Part of me thinks James is full of it and doesn't know who she really was at all.

Amazing sleuthing everyone. I am amazed that this beautiful women remains UID. With the recent news of Grateful Doe being identified, I am hopeful that our JD will be solved as well.
This girl deserves her name back.

I saw this comment on this youtube video about our JD:
[video=youtube;ng-WST0wSus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng-WST0wSus[/video]

"My aunt said she looks like a girl by the nick name big bird in homer Hanna high in Brownsville Texas back in 1989 she was a 10 the grade in high school and if she graduated she would have graduated in class of 1991 she was all with lots of freckles and would dye her hair blond. "

I am trying to find some pics from 1989 at Hanna High, nothing yet. But this may be a new lead for us to look into... The nick name "Big Bird" fits with our JD being tall and with strawberry blond hair, dyed blond - big birds fits to me.

Amazing sleuthing everyone. I am amazed that this beautiful women remains UID. With the recent news of Grateful Doe being identified, I am hopeful that our JD will be solved as well.
This girl deserves her name back.

I saw this comment on this youtube video about our JD:
[video=youtube;ng-WST0wSus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng-WST0wSus[/video]

"My aunt said she looks like a girl by the nick name big bird in homer Hanna high in Brownsville Texas back in 1989 she was a 10 the grade in high school and if she graduated she would have graduated in class of 1991 she was all with lots of freckles and would dye her hair blond. "

I am trying to find some pics from 1989 at Hanna High, nothing yet. But this may be a new lead for us to look into... The nick name "Big Bird" fits with our JD being tall and with strawberry blond hair, dyed blond - big birds fits to me.

I've posted her photo on the Homer Hannah High class of '89 Facebook page, asking if anyone recognizes her.

Is there a Facebook page for the class of '91? It would be good to post there too, since it is the year 'Big Bird' would have graduated.

Is there a Facebook page for the class of '91? It would be good to post there too, since it is the year 'Big Bird' would have graduated.

No, unfortunately, there isn't. If you Google Homer Hanna highschool 1991, a class list comes up. However, I'm not sure what could be done with that aside from contacting people individually on Facebook to see if they recognize her and that feels a bit intrusive. If anyone could locate an '89 yearbook, that might be helpful. But she may not even be in it.

I just found a 1991 Homer Hanna reunion event on FB. I will post there now. Posted on the Brownsville Reddit as well as the Dallas Reddit asking if anyone recognizes her.

Many years ago, before I knew about these internet forums etc..., I was in contact with a relative of her last boyfriend. (The one who murdered her.)
She met her only a few times, had only good things to say, but some memories were very specific.

You have said before that you knew her, or met her.
What's YOUR main memories of her and her personality?
Did she ever mention to you any names or where she came from?
Good post, however i don't understand the specific memories, what were the answers to those questions?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Well, last night I posted on the Facebook groups, Little Rock Reddit, Dallas Reddit, Brownsville Reddit, Little Rock "PaperMoon" Facebook page (formerly the "Carousel" club, where she worked in '91), asked the local radio and news station if they could help identify her... I also browsed Oklahoma, Arkansas and Florida Namus. Now just have to finish California.

Nada. I spent a few hours doing all this so a bit discouraged. But I won't give up. Someone out there knows! They've got to!

I requested to join the Little Rock Memories Facebook group. Everyone there is old enough to remember her, I just need to get my request accepted so I can post.

What does everyone think of Emma Vaughn as a possible match? I'm thinking of submitting as she isn't on the Namus exclusion list.

- Ranaway from Florida in 1982 with her sister at age 14
- Shorter than Jane Doe but could've grown
- Involved in prostitition and stripping
- Rumoured to have gone to Tennesee

Attaching a side by side. I think she looks very similar--the nose, eyes, chin and mouth.

Emma's Doe Network page http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/689dffl.html

Attachments

• CYMERA_20151215_101141.jpg
    CYMERA_20151215_101141.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 31
  • CYMERA_20151215_101310.jpg
    CYMERA_20151215_101310.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 30
What does everyone think of Emma Vaughn as a possible match? I'm thinking of submitting as she isn't on the Namus exclusion list.

- Ranaway from Florida in 1982 with her sister at age 14
- Shorter than Jane Doe but could've grown
- Involved in prostitition and stripping
- Rumoured to have gone to Tennesee

Attaching a side by side. I think she looks very similar--the nose, eyes, chin and mouth.

Emma's Doe Network page http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/689dffl.html

I like this one! I actually contacted the case manager a couple of years ago with this potential match. They said they were going to check on DNA for Emma but I never heard back. AFAIK, she is still not on the exclusions list.

I like this one! I actually contacted the case manager a couple of years ago with this potential match. They said they were going to check on DNA for Emma but I never heard back. AFAIK, she is still not on the exclusions list.

I emailed the detective on Emma's case. Hopefully, it's the correct email. Do you remember who you spoke with?

Ok, the contact replied. I was given the homicide detective's e-mail who is investigating Emma's case and made contact. Looks like it's being investigated as a homicide instead of a missing person, not sure why and how that effects her being a possible match for our Doe. Never the less, I shot him an email and will report further updates as they come available.

I emailed the detective on Emma's case. Hopefully, it's the correct email. Do you remember who you spoke with?

I don't - sorry. The laptop I had at the time crashed and I lost many e-mail records, which is why I never followed-up. I figured Emma would turn up on the list of rule-outs eventually if the comparison was ever actually done and not a match.

ETA - went back to see when I submitted and it was in March of 2010 (referenced in thread 1). I also see that I sent it to the NamUs case manager and El Dorado PD. It was shortly after that my computer crashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor