AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question... I can not seem to find this information....

Most stories I have read say that our JD went to the motel to see JRM. They got into a fight in parking lot of motel, he beat her up then dragged her into one of the rooms and shot her.

Does anyone know if our JD was staying in that room with JRM? So she would have essentially been going home to see JRM?
Is this where her belongings like the pictures, menu's and diaries were found? Or were they found elsewhere?

I don't recall ever seeing this before. Then again, I don't recall what I had for lunch yesterday, so.....

I don't either. It's not on her Doe Network or Charley page. That blog says she worked at the "Carousel" in Dallas but she actually worked at the now defunct Carousel in Little Rock.

Ok, so right now I'm riding on a hope that this is Emma. I've been staring at both their photos and the chin, the way she holds her head, the eyebrows, the forehead... they look so similar. I've e-mailed one of the detectives who worked on Emma's case, before it was transfered over to the homicide division, and sent him this e-mail this morning:

Do you know if she was ever compared to the El Dorado Jane Doe, thought to be a runaway originally from Florida? She was murdered by her pimp in an Arkansas motel in '91. Emma isn't on the list of rule outs but they bear a striking resemblance. Since Emma's case is now being handled by the homicide division, I presume you have information that leads you to believe she is deceased, but I was wondering if her DNA has been compared to this Jane Doe's. I've attached side by side comparison photos for you. Jane Doe had a lot of freckles, but their eyes, mouth, chin and even smiles match up quite remarkably. Here is her NAMUS page: https://identifyus.org/cases/2813

The things that make me question this match:
  • Emma's case is now being investigated as a homocide; this means that she is considered dead. They maybe have gotten some information about what happened.
  • The length of time away. Emma's "step sister", Ronda, returned home without Emma. This means she didn't contact her family for almost ten years!
  • Freckles. I don't see a mention of freckles on Emma's profile and this JD had many. However, she could've gotten them as she aged and went out in the sun. My freckles have increased over time.
  • Height. Emma is listed at only 5'3. Even though she was fourteen, I find it hard to believe she grew so much in nine years since women stop growing around the time of their first menstrual cycle. Unless she was actually taller.
  • Emma had a chipped front left tooth.

Attachments

• CYMERA_20151216_111002.jpg
    CYMERA_20151216_111002.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 74
Hey Danaya, great work on the comparisons and reaching out to those on Emma's case. Something about Emma does not fit for me with JD.

I see some similarities in their looks, but something seems off. I see our JD has one of those people that are very pale with freckles, strawberry blond hair. Emma doesn't look that way to me at all.

Hey Danaya, great work on the comparisons and reaching out to those on Emma's case. Something about Emma does not fit for me with JD.

I see some similarities in their looks, but something seems off. I see our JD has one of those people that are very pale with freckles, strawberry blond hair. Emma doesn't look that way to me at all.

I hear ya, but JD naturally had brown hair. She died it the blonde.

I hear ya, but JD naturally had brown hair. She died it the blonde.
I will find a link, but what i read was that her hair was naturally strawberry blond which fits to me with her very pale skin and freckles.
My aunt looks exactly like her.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Namus says strawberry blonde and Doe Network says brown. In some of her photos, her roots look dark. The reasons I don't think she'd be JD is mostly the height and date last seen. Also, the detective never replied and yesterday he did right away.

No, unfortunately, there isn't. If you Google Homer Hanna highschool 1991, a class list comes up. However, I'm not sure what could be done with that aside from contacting people individually on Facebook to see if they recognize her and that feels a bit intrusive. If anyone could locate an '89 yearbook, that might be helpful. But she may not even be in it.

I found the 1991 yearbook on Classmates.com and went through it -- I didn't find anybody who jumped out at me as potentially being our unidentified woman, but I'll go back over it more thoroughly in the morning, when my eyes aren't so tired.

One thing I did notice is that in 1991, Homer Hannah's student body was predominantly Hispanic. A tall blonde would have really stood out, so if she was there, it's likely one of her classmates will remember her.

I've been working on this case. I've interviewed a few individuals involved, including a friend of Jane Doe's -- the woman who found her dead after the shooting and called the ambulance. I've got a few interesting new details to share. I should have something put together in the next couple weeks.

i cant wait to hear it!

I've been working on this case. I've interviewed a few individuals involved, including a friend of Jane Doe's -- the woman who found her dead after the shooting and called the ambulance. I've got a few interesting new details to share. I should have something put together in the next couple weeks.

I was living approximately 30 miles away from El Dorado in Louisiana when this murder happened. I would sometimes shop there on the town square and would pass right by this motel on the way to the square. I remember being horrified at this brazen murder.

I have looked at the list of rule-outs on this Jane Doe and do not see the name of Kelly (sometimes spelled Kelli) McGinniss. She was a known prostitute and disappeared from Washington State. She is on the Washington State missing person's list. I found this a while ago and her name was in my notes. http:/www.missing.org/reg7182kelly_kay_mcginniss.htm

Kelly McGinniss disappeared on June 28th, 1983. Her disappearance was investigated by the Green River Killer Task Force, but it doesn't state she was definitely a victim of Gary Ridgeway. Her eyes were/are blue, tall, and at the time she went missing she weighed 160 pounds. She could have lost weight traveling around the country. For some reason this person's pic jumped out at me. There is one or 2 pics similar to the Jane Doe's pic. I do believe the El Dorado Jane Doe is older than she is thought to be.

There was a Country Western private club in El Dorado where some of these local prostitutes hung out. I cannot remember the name of it but the owner had 2 of those clubs, I believe. He got in trouble later on and I cannot remember why.

Anyway, if Kelly McGinniss has been looked into I apologize for bringing it up again. Kelly McGinniss was (IMO) more attractive than our Jane Doe, but who knows how her appearance might have changed with losing weight and maybe even having been beaten by some of her 'clients'?

I have puzzled over this case for a long time! I posted once a long time ago and haven't since because I had nothing of value to add.

Looking forward to David_Lohr coming back and telling us what he has!!!!!

MOO

OOPS, I see that my link is not working. She is found on Washington State Missing Persons.

I am embarrassed now because I have looked further and see that Kelly McGinniss was ruled out a long time ago even though her name is not on the ruled out list. Is she officially ruled out if her name is not on the list? I am disappointed because it looked like such a good match!

I apologize!

I am embarrassed now because I have looked further and see that Kelly McGinniss was ruled out a long time ago even though her name is not on the ruled out list. Is she officially ruled out if her name is not on the list? I am disappointed because it looked like such a good match!

NO APOLOGY NEEDED !!!! GOOD CATCH......I was also so convinced I spoke with the detective on Kelly's Case after another member did about 3 or 4 years ago , its awfully close there are a few others that look just like her as well , I live close to where" his" Family is and this whole thing makes me nutty, I met her in Fayetteville and she was a very sweet girl I want to know so bad who she is ....she pretty much brought me here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau