Are there other victims?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know sometimes...A person hold on by a thread and we really do not know much about those 18 years.
YES - she is a miracle, teaching her kids, and doing a job at the printing business, and cleaning the house too.
Yes she is a hero, but even heroes need to cry and even heroes fall apart.
In the past - She had no place soft to fall - to me it is very clear that she stuffed much.
Now she is in a much safer place that will give her the space to fall apart and then be put together again.
A ROCK or a STONE she is not. We do not know how she is starting out, we do not know her state when she was found. We only know that she is a miracle, and a hero.[/QUOTE

of course she suffered alot and we dont really know the full extent.
im speaking from my intuitive nature about people...
btw i dont consider "cleaning' part of the miracle. or working for that scumbags buisness either.
the miracle is she survived, taught her children, kept her sanity, somehow managed to keep her family in her heart for 18 years, and really never gave up hope. those are the miracles she made.
what i do know about her future is her famiy is right beside her......the family she has always loved. and knowing what she was like before she was stolen from them, i think her future is bright with them by her side.

You know sometimes...A person hold on by a thread and we really do not know much about those 18 years.
YES - she is a miracle, teaching her kids, and doing a job at the printing business, and cleaning the house too.
Yes she is a hero, but even heroes need to cry and even heroes fall apart.
In the past - She had no place soft to fall - to me it is very clear that she stuffed much.
Now she is in a much safer place that will give her the space to fall apart and then be put together again.
A ROCK or a STONE she is not. We do not know how she is starting out, we do not know her state when she was found. We only know that she is a miracle, and a hero.[/QUOTE
ORIGINAL KBL
of course she suffered alot and we dont really know the full extent.
im speaking from my intuitive nature about people...
btw i dont consider "cleaning' part of the miracle. or working for that scumbags buisness either.
the miracle is she survived, taught her children, kept her sanity, somehow managed to keep her family in her heart for 18 years, and really never gave up hope. those are the miracles she made.
what i do know about her future is her famiy is right beside her......the family she has always loved. and knowing what she was like before she was stolen from them, i think her future is bright with them by her side.

the fact that she was so creative and functional in a business sense is amazing, the fact that she functioned enough to clean up - YES it is all a miracle...She could have been a puddle of a mess...
The girl I worked with years ago on an incest case could not do a thing when we first met, all she could do was drink and smoke to anesthetize herself.
So I do not at all agree with you that working for scum bag is not a sign of her spirit it sure is.
Everything we have heard to date about JC is a sign of her huge spirit. BUT her inner turmoil, or how she managed to hold on is one of the reasons I would want to read her book.
because Carl is the only one who said what rings right to me.
Just the fact that she is now with her family does not mean that is what held her together for 18 years.
And it sure does not mean that we know how her healing will go: there are NO cases of this nature.
She sure is in good care, in a loving home and family and the road a head is long and hard.
SHE IS A HERO in MY BOOK and she will come through on the other side.
I am not Euphoric about her journey at all. It has only one guarantee; She is in better hands, and will do better then she may have otherwise, and her girls have a chance to live a normal life. Given who she has been under hard conditions, she will thrive, but what the real outcome will be I can not be euphoric about yet.....I am only euphoric about her coming home and being with her family. :)

the fact that she was so creative and functional in a business sense is amazing, the fact that she functioned enough to clean up - YES it is all a miracle...She could have been a puddle of a mess...
The girl I worked with years ago on an incest case could not do a thing when we first met, all she could do was drink and smoke to anesthetize herself.
So I do not at all agree with you that working for scum bag is not a sign of her spirit it sure is.
Everything we have heard to date about JC is a sign of her huge spirit. BUT her inner turmoil, or how she managed to hold on is one of the reasons I would want to read her book.
because Carl is the only one who said what rings right to me.
Just the fact that she is now with her family does not mean that is what held her together for 18 years.
SHE IS A HERO in MY BOOK.

i see you point about the cleaning and buisness now. i was not trying to insult jaycee. i was saying that i thought she had no choice in that matter.....so that's why i didnt think it was part of her miracle.
i dont think thinking of her family is what held her together for 18 years. on its own it certianly would have helped though........as in later years, thinking of what was best for her own kids helped her get thru....
and of course she is a hero. she's probably the strongest person i've ever heard of.

I consider her cleaning up to be part of the miracle. I know it sounds odd, but there are some things about people that you have to experience or see first hand in order to believe.
I have experienced a drop in the bucket of captivity (as compared to Jaycee's stay). I don't disclose details, after 11 years, I still can't.
But, I can say from experience, that the ability to pick up an item and place it in a trash bag without explicit step by step instruction is a good sign. Some people in a situation like Jaycee's (although there really is no reference point for a case as long running as hers) would and do shut down completely. They will follow orders and function, but at the level of a child, having to be instructed on every step of the process. This is one of the things covered in resocialization. The logical order of "what comes next" can be forgotten, when the entire logical order of a person's universe is turned on it's ear.
The fact that she functions above this level and does not have to be taught step by step is a huge positive, IMO.

I consider her cleaning up to be part of the miracle. I know it sounds odd, but there are some things about people that you have to experience or see first hand in order to believe.
I have experienced a drop in the bucket of captivity (as compared to Jaycee's stay). I don't disclose details, after 11 years, I still can't.
But, I can say from experience, that the ability to pick up an item and place it in a trash bag without explicit step by step instruction is a good sign. Some people in a situation like Jaycee's (although there really is no reference point for a case as long running as hers) would and do shut down completely. They will follow orders and function, but at the level of a child, having to be instructed on every step of the process. This is one of the things covered in resocialization. The logical order of "what comes next" can be forgotten, when the entire logical order of a person's universe is turned on it's ear.
The fact that she functions above this level and does not have to be taught step by step is a huge positive, IMO.

i really should clarify what i meant.
i agree it's huge that she was able to do that......its part of the miracle of who she is.
i just didnt see it that way because it was something she was being made to do by garrido. but i agree with you and song now.

That is what is so boggles me is that in every case IMO the abuser is the weak one. JC has the strength cause she is in her right mind all along . The one who has lost his mind is PG, even thought his goal was to suppress her mind and soul. An abuser is weak and its their desire to take what the victims have. PG has no control over his own mind by controling others he feels that he is in control of something. It is truely a statement to her that she can rise above it all. PG has nothing to show for his evil works in the end, except an example of how to go to hell.

That is what is so boggles me is that in every case IMO the abuser is the weak one. JC has the strength cause she is in her right mind all along . The one who has lost his mind is PG, even thought his goal was to suppress her mind and soul. An abuser is weak and its their desire to take what the victims have. PG has no control over his own mind by controling others he feels that he is in control of something. It is truely a statement to her that she can rise above it all. PG has nothing to show for his evil works in the end, except an example of how to go to hell.

this was an AWESOME post :)

Not sure if this has been discussed or the veracity of this story - it something I was surprised to see on the side when going to a link here because I had the same thoguhts a while back. I didn't want to start a new thread on it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...lip-Garrido-kill-Jaycee-Lee-Dugards-sons.html

... a senior detective probing her kidnap, rape and imprisonment in California said: "It doesn't make sense that a healthy young girl not on birth control only conceived twice in that time.

"She was raped continually and you would think there would be more babies."

Not sure if this has been discussed or the veracity of this story - it something I was surprised to see on the side when going to a link here because I had the same thoguhts a while back. I didn't want to start a new thread on it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...lip-Garrido-kill-Jaycee-Lee-Dugards-sons.html

oh good more tabloid reporting.
i think i went over this before,not sure in what thread.
its very possible that he messed up her reproductive system with the constant rapes from 1991 to 1998. also, after her second pregneny he allegedly never touched her again.

oh good more tabloid reporting.
i think i went over this before,not sure in what thread.
its very possible that he messed up her reproductive system with the constant rapes from 1991 to 1998. also, after her second pregneny he allegedly never touched her again.

I said I didn't know about the veracity of it. However, it is a possibility just like it is a possibility she had more live births and the children were taken. I doubt that happened, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. We don't really know for how many years she was able to get pregnant. Why are you dismissing so many ideas and efforts of others. It's good to eliminate possibilities when you can, but I don't think this one can be eliminated yet. On the other hand, I wasn't suggesting we have some long hairy discussion about it. Put some more effort into your own posts before replying this way to mine.

This thread is about other possible victims.

I said I didn't know about the veracity of it. However, it is a possibility just like it is a possibility she had more live births and the children were taken. I doubt that happened, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. We don't really know for how many years she was able to get pregnant. Why are you dismissing so many ideas and efforts of others. It's good to eliminate possibilities when you can, but I don't think this one can be eliminated yet. On the other hand, I wasn't suggesting we have some long hairy discussion about it. Put some more effort into your own posts before replying this way to mine.

This thread is about other possible victims.

if there are other babies out there or garrido killed them, why wouldnt jaycee have told the police?

Come on kbl. MANY members have tried everything we can think of to kindly tell certain posters to please not make postings that get us off-track and create problems. We're trying to help Jaycee and you say you care about her so please control the attacking.

Come on kbl. MANY members have tried everything we can think of to kindly tell certain posters to please not make postings that get us off-track and create problems. We're trying to help Jaycee and you say you care about her so please control the attacking.

i am not attacking anyone.
i am stating my opinion of tabloid newspapers that take something that we think might be plausible and make it there gospel.
and if i didnt care about jaycee i sure the heck wouldnt put up with the abuse im taking here this week

Thanks, Time. This has bothered me, too. I instantly thought of the Fritzl case in Austria when JC was discovered and automatically thought about the possibility of more pregnancies and what might have happened to them. I initially thought PG might have been trying to create his own harem, I'm not so sure now. But the absence of any boys and only 2 known pregnancies didn't sit right with me at first.
Now, though, I'm more of the opinion that we would probably know by now if there were more births as we do in the Austrian case. Unless, JC decided that she wanted this part of the horror kept private, as well. If so, I guess only time will tell, if at all. Also, it is possible they put JC on the pill and planned the 2 girls, Nancy could have got them for herself but gave them to JC, instead. Not safe, but not impossible.

Constructive comments aren't meant as abuse but it's difficult when someone(s) continually misses the point.

Thanks, Time. This has bothered me, too. I instantly thought of the Fritzl case in Austria when JC was discovered and automatically thought about the possibility of more pregnancies and what might have happened to them. I initially thought PG might have been trying to create his own harem, I'm not so sure now. But the absence of any boys and only 2 known pregnancies didn't sit right with me at first.
Now, though, I'm more of the opinion that we would probably know by now if there were more births as we do in the Austrian case. Unless, JC decided that she wanted this part of the horror kept private, as well. If so, I guess only time will tell, if at all. Also, it is possible they put JC on the pill and planned the 2 girls, Nancy could have got them for herself but gave them to JC, instead. Not safe, but not impossible.

thats my point. why wouldnt jaycee have told anyone?
its also possible this did happen and she blocked it out.
but we have no proof one way or another.

thats my point. why wouldnt jaycee have told anyone?
its also possible this did happen and she blocked it out.
but we have no proof one way or another.

It is still worth discussing, though. I don't think anyone is claiming they have proof, either way. Time just wanted to discuss something so she(I think you're a she, time, srry if not) posted a link to an article which is the purpose of this forum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynbot
Back